PDA

View Full Version : MJ Is Still The Most Electrifying Player in NBA History

Foster5k
02-20-2014, 10:12 AM
From watching Jordan and the Bulls, till now, in the Lebron/Durant era, I can honestly say that MJ is still the best show to ever grace the court.

Jordan had mongoose like reflexes and was able to slither between defenders as a snake slithering from a predator. He had the precision of an eagle's eye. The agility of a cheetah, as it reaches its top speed and never losing it's balance. He had the drive of a jet engine, always soaring to greater heights.

If MJ was still playing today, the NBA would be 2x better. You would have Jordan and then the rest. Yes, Lebron and Durant would still be good, in their on respectable way. However, even they, would acknowledge, like so many others of time past, Jordan is the G.O.A.T.

Lebron would try to team up. Durant would give him praise. Kobe would mimic, but never able to truly copy. The league would be on fire. Jordan would be leading with the torch.

MJ was that great. The best to ever do it. The most electrifying player in NBA history.

miles berg
02-20-2014, 10:17 AM
I doubt anyone will ever come along that is as good as Jordan. Those of us that got to live his era live should always feel blessed.

The best and most amazing player ever.

Dizzle-2k7
02-20-2014, 10:21 AM
Kobe in 05-06 is just as electric as any version of MJ.. its very sad that the Lakers was full of scrubs that year, because if Kobe had a stacked squad , he would have done amazing things in the playoffs/finals that year.

Current Durant is closest to MJ/Kobe level Ive seen..

Durant is dominating through double teams every night and still putting up better numbers than Lebron, who never sees a double team with his stacked squad.

sportjames23
02-20-2014, 10:21 AM
:cheers:

TheMan
02-20-2014, 10:46 AM
I've been watching the NBA since the mid 80s and yes, MJ was on another level. You could argue that peak Shaq was on his level but the big fella had a major flaw (ft shooting) and if he worked as hard in the off season as Jordan, he probably wouldn't have declined as quickly as he did.

Marlo_Stanfield
02-20-2014, 10:54 AM
sorry but at this point LeBron is just better than MJ ever was.
no need to get to nostalgic around here.
MJ is still top 4:applause:

TheMan
02-20-2014, 11:13 AM
Stats, accolades and past NBA legends/coaches say MJ > LBJ hands down but since you're a kid and never watched prime MJ, I could see how you can believe LeBron is better seeing how ignorance and youth go hand in hand along with the ESPN hype machine...

Do me a favor, junior, stop talking about shit you don't know about and let the grown ups here talk. Also, can you shut up about Wilt? Please, it's annoying, your parents weren't even born yet and yet you go on and on as if you have a clue about the Stilt's career:facepalm

Marlo_Stanfield
02-20-2014, 11:14 AM
Stats, accolades and past NBA legends/coaches say MJ > LBJ hands down but since you're a kid and never watched prime MJ, I could see how you can believe LeBron is better seeing how ignorance and youth go hand in hand along with the ESPN hype machine...

Do me a favor, junior, stop talking about shit you don't know about and let the grown ups here talk. Also, can you shut up about Wilt? Please, it's annoying, your parents weren't even born yet and yet you go on and on as if you have a clue about the Stilt's career:facepalm
i saw MJ play:biggums:
and i also could quote many greats like Pippen,Barkley and MJs own freaking Coach saying LeBron might be better:coleman:

Prometheus
02-20-2014, 11:17 AM
Here's an idea, let's make a post about how the Earth revolves around the Sun or the fact that hoodies are more comfortable than woolen sweaters. Or let's talk about how fried chicken tastes good, or we could even go out on a limb and say that 3x2=6.

No shit MJ is the GOAT and the most exciting player ever. wtf why is this a thread?

Marlo Stanfield
02-20-2014, 11:19 AM
Jordan for his first several seasons was the most exciting player ever, followed by a young VC.

Marlo_Stanfield
02-20-2014, 11:19 AM
Here's an idea, let's make a post about how the Earth revolves around the Sun or the fact that hoodies are more comfortable than woolen sweaters. Or let's talk about how fried chicken tastes good, or we could even go out on a limb and say that 3x2=6.

No shit MJ is the GOAT and the most exciting player ever. wtf why is this a thread?
LeBron,Wilt and Magic come to mind before Mj imo:coleman:

Prometheus
02-20-2014, 11:21 AM
LeBron,Wilt and Magic come to mind before Mj imo:coleman:

And you are so compelled to argue this that you put it under your user name. Good for you.

jlip
02-20-2014, 11:28 AM
Sorry...I got far more enjoyment out of seeing Magic play than I did watching MJ.

TheMan
02-20-2014, 11:29 AM
i saw MJ play:biggums:
and i also could quote many greats like Pippen,Barkley and MJs own freaking Coach saying LeBron might be better:coleman:
LeBron himself has said Jordan is the GOAT, he even wore #23 and said that number SHOULD BE RETIRED BY EVERY TEAM.

Pippen actually took back and clarified what he said (funny he said that right before LeBron had the worst Finals by a superstar). Obviously LeBron is a great player, I've never said otherwise but he needs to have better seasons than MJ, Jordan has multiple seasons that are better than any season LBJ has had. He also needs to rack up more chips than just 2 to even be in the convo.

For every past NBA great that you claim that has said LeBron is better (really haven't seen many TBH), I can counter with many more...Kobe, Magic, Danny Ainge, Ron Artest, Bruce Bowen, Jerry West, Larry Brown, Barkley, PJax, Ewing, Shaq, Hubie Brown, Doug Collins etc...

Larry Legend called MJ God in basketball shoes:bowdown:

God > King

havoc33
02-20-2014, 12:00 PM
MJ is the best all time for sure. His accolades and consistent playoff performances cannot be beat (Kareem is the closest).

But most electrifying? No. For me that honor goes to Kobe Bryant. He had periods where he played basketball like it was a videogame. No one could hit more difficult and spectacular shots like him. When Kobe was in the zone he was just absolutely mental. No one in the league today can compete with that flair IMO. If you missed a game where he played you were always concerned that he'd do something crazy. I don't get that same feeling with Lebron, KD or PG.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-20-2014, 12:11 PM
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0v3mcxpa01rr8wbto1_400.gif

SHAQisGOAT
02-20-2014, 01:13 PM
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0v3mcxpa01rr8wbto1_400.gif

:applause:

That's from behind the line (for those who only look at the one he did later on) and so aesthetically pleasing.

diamenz
02-20-2014, 01:28 PM
jordan made defenses pay, and he did it with quickness and grace. slick cuts between defenders, change hand layups, one or two dribble pull ups, triple threat package - the man had it all and coaches and players couldn't stop him. a defender makes one mistake and jordan replies with the perfect move - it's what separates him from the rest.

AlphaWolf24
02-20-2014, 01:31 PM
88' - 90' MJ was probably the most consistently electric version of MJ...

I still would take 03' - 06' Kobe over him though...Kobe's game (MY Opinion) is more aesthetically pleasing to watch...

Kobe dropping 42 points in 1 half ( the MJ retirement game) was amazing to see Live :rockon:

next

Im Still Ballin
02-20-2014, 01:33 PM
Robert Sacre is quite electrifying to be honest

Marlo_Stanfield
02-20-2014, 01:37 PM

That's from behind the line (for those who only look at the one he did later on) and so aesthetically pleasing.
tbh LeBrons Ft Line ingame dunk is even better.
he was way higher than the rim at his apex and did it so effortlessly INGAMe.
i know he jumped inside the FT line but it was close and he could have jumped from a feet further behind:coleman:

Im Still Ballin
02-20-2014, 01:38 PM
i know he jumped inside the FT line but it was close and he could have jumped from a feet further behind:coleman:

#Realtalk

Primed James white or LBJ could cook MJ in a FT line dunk

diamenz
02-20-2014, 01:43 PM

pleasing indeed. the first to do it too... the first to do a lot of things.

Marlo_Stanfield
02-20-2014, 01:44 PM

i know he jumped inside the FT line but it was close and he could have jumped from a feet further if he had the right path:coleman:

Marlo_Stanfield
02-20-2014, 01:44 PM
pleasing indeed. the first to do it too - the first to do a lot of things.
Dr.J tho:biggums: :biggums:

Boogey
02-20-2014, 02:22 PM
Players say Kareem = goat. Media say Jordan = goat. I haven't watched either much, but I do know Jordan's marketability made him more of a household name. I'd take shaq over both.

aboss4real24
02-20-2014, 02:26 PM
LeBron Took That title

Lebron 06-10

best player to watch

215Philly
02-20-2014, 02:29 PM
I'd rather watch Kobe tbh

aboss4real24
02-20-2014, 02:39 PM
:rockon:

mehyaM24
02-20-2014, 02:40 PM
overrated. why do you think MJ drafted Kwame 1st overall and adam Morrison 3rd overall? dude knew they would dominate his era, but he forgot...his era was softer than warm butter. they are losers in this era. Kwame brown woulda been a superstar in mikes day, though. why do you think mike drafted him 1st....he was blown away by a modern era loser. lol

diamenz
02-20-2014, 02:44 PM
overrated. why do you think MJ drafted Kwame 1st overall and adam Morrison 3rd overall? dude knew they would dominate his era, but he forgot...his era was softer than warm butter. they are losers in this era. Kwame brown woulda been a superstar in mikes day, though. why do you think mike drafted him 1st....he was blown away by a modern era loser. :oldlol:

"The Jordan era" = soft

that's you're opinion. i think today's era and the past ten or so years has been soft. not athletically soft, but there's more to the game than that. no dom bigs, 3 point chucking, lack of off ball movement... meh - it's not interesting to watch... it doesn't keep you guessing.

ArbitraryWater
02-20-2014, 02:45 PM
I honestly feel Kobe is the most aesthetically pleasing player ever...

mehyaM24
02-20-2014, 02:48 PM
that's you're opinion. i think today's era and the past ten or so years has been soft. not athletically soft, but there's more to the game than that. no dom bigs, 3 point chucking, lack of off ball movement... meh - it's not interesting to watch... it doesn't keep you guessing.

the facts and footage show the nba defenses were worse back then. people think im trolling, but real talk, epic losers were torching the league. random year...say 1987....great yrs for magic/bird/mike.... k.malone= 21.7 ppg in 87....AND 20TH IN SCORING!!! D.WADE= 21.2 ppg in 13...AND 8TH IN SCORING... in 87 mark agguire at 25.7 ppg...kiki vandewghe 26.9 ppg....Xavier McDaniel 23.0 ppg...walter davis 23.6 ppg.

come on man. Agguire/ Kiki/ McDaniels/ Walter Daniels arent all stars today.

diamenz
02-20-2014, 03:37 PM
the facts and footage show the nba defenses were worse back then. people think im trolling, but real talk, epic losers were torching the league. random year...say 1987....great yrs for magic/bird/mike.... k.malone= 21.7 ppg in 87....AND 20TH IN SCORING!!! D.WADE= 21.2 ppg in 13...AND 8TH IN SCORING... in 87 mark agguire at 25.7 ppg...kiki vandewghe 26.9 ppg....Xavier McDaniel 23.0 ppg...walter davis 23.6 ppg.

come on man. Agguire/ Kiki/ McDaniels/ Walter Daniels arent all stars today.

but what makes you think those cats couldn't adapt to today's game? i agree with you about perimeter defense... it wasn't as good then as it is now; but when it comes to interior d, the past wins hands down. lanes were clogged, bigs were stronger, no 3 sec rule - you really had to fight to get to the basket. it's not a man's game now - it's boys out there.

what about the 3 point chucking, and "stand around" ball i brought up?

hey, i just prefer yesterday's game - i'm not trying to change anyone's mind here... people are gonna like what they like. :)

pauk
02-20-2014, 03:56 PM
Everyone has their acquired taste... i really enjoyed watching him play but there are games i might perhaps enjoyed more:

Magic Johnson
Larry Bird
Reggie Miller
Drazen Petrovic
Pete Maravich
LeBron James
Penny Hardaway
Scottie Pippen (yep! compared to MJ he could just do everything offensively himself but was able to focus more on defense than MJ, which at his versatility & intensity was just orgasmic to watch)

OldSchoolBBall
02-20-2014, 09:12 PM
jordan made defenses pay, and he did it with quickness and grace. slick cuts between defenders, change hand layups, one or two dribble pull ups, triple threat package - the man had it all and coaches and players couldn't stop him. a defender makes one mistake and jordan replies with the perfect move - it's what separates him from the rest.

Exactly. Among all time greats only Bird comes close/matches his offensive intuition as a scorer.

OldSchoolBBall
02-20-2014, 09:14 PM
'87-'90 Jordan is pretty easily the most electrifying and exciting player ever. Just a terror on both ends making ridiculous plays all over the court. Honorable mentions to guys like Dr. J and Magic, but it's Jordan.

riseagainst
08-29-2014, 02:19 PM
huge lebron fan here and i'll admit that Lebron is not close to MJ's level.

SamuraiSWISH
08-29-2014, 02:28 PM
Entertainment value, for me?

Jordan '87 - '93
Kobe 2k6 - 2k8
McGrady 2k2 - 2k4
LeBron 2k8 - 2010
Iverson '97 - 2k2
D. Rose 2010 - 2012
Jordan '96 - '98
CP3 2k8 - 2k9

j3lademaster
08-29-2014, 04:03 PM
I doubt anyone will ever come along that is as good as Jordan. Those of us that got to live his era live should always feel blessed.

The best and most amazing player ever.Eventually there'll be somebody. Lebron is awfully close as a perimeter player in terms of impact on the court(maybe even better), but falls short of the epic playoff performances and accolades. Kobe and AI are right there with the mental toughness/ competitiveness aspects of their game, but alas AI is 5'11 and Kobe really came within a stone's throw.

There will one day be a 6'10-7 foot point forward freak of nature. A KD/ Bron hybrid.

JellyBean
08-29-2014, 05:38 PM
I might be the only one that really does not give Jordan that crown. To me, the most electrifying player in NBA history, was Magic Johnson. But that is just me. The no-look passing, the alley-oop passing, the fastbreak, and the smile that is what got me geeked.

deja vu
08-29-2014, 07:20 PM
NBA Finals had record ratings when Jordan played.

I was in high school back then and we cut classes just to watch the Bulls play.

Even my mom knew who Jordan was and she never gave a f*ck about sports. She doesn't know who Kobe or LeBron is. :lol

Da_Realist
08-29-2014, 08:44 PM
I think MJ's game was at it's most aesthetically pleasing around the 90-91 season. He still had the explosiveness of the early 80's and combined it with a cerebral approach to making his movements more efficient -- no wasted energy.

It's all relative, though. Late 80's MJ was more movement-efficient than a lot of stars in their prime (TMac and Iverson, for example) while late 90's MJ was more explosive than others (Paul Pierce, for example).

Da_Realist
08-29-2014, 08:52 PM
Everyone has their acquired taste... i really enjoyed watching him play but there are games i might perhaps enjoyed more:

Magic Johnson
Larry Bird
Reggie Miller
Drazen Petrovic
Pete Maravich
LeBron James
Penny Hardaway
Scottie Pippen (yep! compared to MJ he could just do everything offensively himself but was able to focus more on defense than MJ, which at his versatility & intensity was just orgasmic to watch)

Magic, Bird...ok. Maravich was like a Globetrotter so...ok if that's your taste. Hardaway was a joy to watch but not on the Magic/Bird/MJ in their prime level. The rest? In terms of "You can't keep your eyes off him because he may do something you've never seen before"? C'mon man. In terms of being electrifying, Kobe's better than everyone on the list except maybe Magic and Bird. Yet you didn't list him at all.

Orgasmic?? :facepalm

SamuraiSWISH
08-29-2014, 08:55 PM
Even though he's cover band, derivative version of Jordan?

Legends66NBA7
08-29-2014, 09:06 PM
Entertainment value, for me?

Jordan '87 - '93
Kobe 2k6 - 2k8
McGrady 2k2 - 2k4
LeBron 2k8 - 2010
Iverson '97 - 2k2
D. Rose 2010 - 2012
Jordan '96 - '98
CP3 2k8 - 2k9

Pretty good list.

For me, I would swap Rose and CP3 with Vince Carter (early 00's and his first 2 seasons with the Nets) and D-Wade (09-11; 06 was nice too) and that would be my list. I would have Vince Top 3 personally.

SamuraiSWISH
08-29-2014, 09:21 PM
Pretty good list.

For me, I would swap Rose and CP3 with Vince Carter (early 00's and his first 2 seasons with the Nets) and D-Wade (09-11; 06 was nice too) and that would be my list. I would have Vince Top 3 personally.
Oh for sure. There is more I could mention, such as Nique '86 - '93, Melo 2k7 - Current, VC 2k1 - 2k7, and a slew of others. I forgot Wade even too. Just too many. So many to name. Love this game.

SwayDizzle
08-29-2014, 09:26 PM
How amazing would it have been to see Kobe and MJ (both in their primes) go at it? They would constantly try to show each other up. Their personalities and drive would not allow for anything less than going at each other's throats. Would have been the most entertaining battle. MJ/Pippen vs Kobe/Shaq :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Paul George 24
08-30-2014, 03:57 AM
I know lebron will teamup with michael jordan,becuase we ALL know LeBron never been a man,he will leave when his team DECLINE :roll:

f0und
08-30-2014, 12:23 PM
for those that have their doubts, look no further than this ultimate MJ highlight reel. the video is pretty simple and doesnt have any fancy editing. it doesnt show the same moves from different angles or different speeds. its just 2-3 second clips of awesome shots and moves, 99% of them being dunks and crazy circus layups. one after another nonstop....FOR 5 *UCKING HOURS!! thats crazy! i doubt any other player could fill up an hour with those kind of highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42OzpZB0bqA

DonDadda59
08-30-2014, 12:25 PM
James Harden>>>

ILLsmak
08-30-2014, 12:37 PM
I found it very exciting to see Shaq throw people on the floor and dunk on them repeatedly.

-Smak

AirFederer
08-30-2014, 04:35 PM
From watching Jordan and the Bulls, till now, in the Lebron/Durant era, I can honestly say that MJ is still the best show to ever grace the court.

Jordan had mongoose like reflexes and was able to slither between defenders as a snake slithering from a predator. He had the precision of an eagle's eye. The agility of a cheetah, as it reaches its top speed and never losing it's balance. He had the drive of a jet engine, always soaring to greater heights.

If MJ was still playing today, the NBA would be 2x better. You would have Jordan and then the rest. Yes, Lebron and Durant would still be good, in their on respectable way. However, even they, would acknowledge, like so many others of time past, Jordan is the G.O.A.T.

Lebron would try to team up. Durant would give him praise. Kobe would mimic, but never able to truly copy. The league would be on fire. Jordan would be leading with the torch.

MJ was that great. The best to ever do it. The most electrifying player in NBA history.

Great post :cheers:

riseagainst
09-02-2014, 12:26 PM

:roll:

f0und
09-02-2014, 12:50 PM

kobe is pretty exciting to watch...but only when he's on, which is not often enough. throughout his career, he shoots under 40% in roughly a third of his games. so, as nice as it to watch kobe light it up, his game is just too frustrating to watch at times. ill advised shots. tough fadeaways that have little chance. one make doesnt erase the previous 4 horrible shots. when his shot isnt going, he doesnt adjust. he keeps shooting. his terrible shot selection and low bball iq brings his excitement level down a few notches for me.

and even when he is on, he's still not as exciting as jordan. when kobe's on, its just his dumb ill advised jumpshots going in. with jordan, he's always on the attack. looking to go through, around, up, and over the entire team for a thunderous dunk, or crazy circus layup. dude had the sickest shots around the basket. every night, you most likely saw something you've never seen before. this was part of his night in and night out game. not a spray and pray type player.

Beastmode88
09-02-2014, 12:54 PM

that was before lebron's record loss in the finals. maybe he was talking about lebron being better at losing than mj if so i concur.

riseagainst
09-02-2014, 01:00 PM
that was before lebron's record loss in the finals. maybe he was talking about lebron being better at losing than mj if so i concur.

too bad we can never confirm this since Marlo is banned.

:(

f0und
09-02-2014, 01:22 PM
The Artistry of Michael Jordan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm6BEk3ktAQ

the layups he made around the basket were unreal, yet it was just routine for him. the ability to hang in the air for a long *ss time, absorb contact, do multiple pump fakes, waits for the right time to release, finish with either hand. he decides this all within a fraction of a second. no one can come close to matching jordan in this regard. some of his game can be learned. his footwork, fadeaway, etc., but his game around the basket is strictly unique. it cant be learned because its all instinct.

hawke812
09-02-2014, 01:33 PM
Overrated.

1. Watered down era of basketball (Expansion Era)
2. No competition-Look at most of his defenders. (Unathletic 5 foot 11 inches european players who never played basketball professionally)
3. 1W-9L playoff record before Pippen.

A 6 foot 6 inches jordan going against 5 foot 11 inches adult men in a game? Of course jordan would look good, even Electrifying. But that is a different era. 5 foot 11 inches shooting guards are still in 8th grade nowadays.

C-O-N-T-E-X-T

I would rank Vince Carter/Tracy McGrady and many others over Jordan. Just becuase you were gifted rings, does not make you the GOAT:no:

Beastmode88
09-02-2014, 01:38 PM
Overrated.

1. Watered down era of basketball (Expansion Era)
2. No competition-Look at most of his defenders. (Unathletic 5 foot 11 inches european players who never played basketball professionally)
3. 1W-9L playoff record before Pippen.

A 6 foot 6 inches jordan going against 5 foot 11 inches adult men in a game? Of course jordan would look good, even Electrifying. But that is a different era. 5 foot 11 inches shooting guards are still in 8th grade nowadays.

C-O-N-T-E-X-T

I would rank Vince Carter/Tracy McGrady and many others over Jordan. Just becuase you were gifted rings, does not make you the GOAT:no:

Cant tell if srs or lebronxrings.