PDA

View Full Version : Heat trade Roger Mason to Kings

bagelred
02-20-2014, 12:21 PM
The Miami Heat announced today that they have traded guard Roger Mason Jr. to the Sacramento Kings in exchange for a future conditional 2015 second-round pick.

Read more at http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=15255#3kIl7ReYJLvrlMzG.99

---------

I win.

D-FENS
02-20-2014, 12:22 PM
I win.

I wonder who the Heat are looking at signing...

ArbitraryWater
02-20-2014, 12:25 PM
yesssssssssssssssss

lebeast666
02-20-2014, 12:41 PM
Heat sign Melo.

jk

CeltsGarlic
02-20-2014, 12:45 PM
dude was mediocre from what I was seeing.

East_Stone_Ya
02-20-2014, 12:53 PM
wasn't getting any minutes anyways

Wang Zhi Zhi
02-20-2014, 01:04 PM
dude was mediocre from what I was seeing.
understatement tbh

TMT
02-20-2014, 01:05 PM
Looks like Pat Riley has his eyes on a certain buyout candidate. Wonder who that might be.

Project018
02-20-2014, 01:12 PM
Looks like Pat Riley has his eyes on a certain buyout candidate. Wonder who that might be.

Caron Butler :confusedshrug:

Trollsmasher
02-20-2014, 01:12 PM
such trade

so pat

wow

:bowdown:

ArbitraryWater
02-20-2014, 01:26 PM
such trade

so pat

wow

:bowdown:

:rockon: :lol

DuMa
02-20-2014, 01:28 PM
dont feel bad for Roger, he will still get his ring in the end

Illuminati
02-20-2014, 01:35 PM
Good. He's been completely trash this season.

HylianNightmare
02-20-2014, 01:43 PM
dont feel bad for Roger, he will still get his ring in the end
right if they win it all he still gets a ring for being on the regular season roster?
wonder if anyone will pick him up after he get's waived, after his time with the spurs? he hasn't done shit

Miles and Miles
02-20-2014, 01:52 PM
Wait is he a backup PG? That's what the Kings have been shopping for. Sometimes I don't understand deals like this. Money deal for Kings?

Spaulding
02-20-2014, 02:12 PM
Wait is he a backup PG? That's what the Kings have been shopping for. Sometimes I don't understand deals like this. Money deal for Kings?

More of a SG. He's not playing good enough to be a starter or backup anyway.

Demitri98
02-20-2014, 02:12 PM
Why do the Kings do this? All they're getting back is Mason Jr and they're waiving him. Essentially they're giving the Heat a draft pick for free. :biggums:

Miles and Miles
02-20-2014, 02:17 PM
Why do the Kings do this? All they're getting back is Mason Jr and they're waiving him. Essentially they're giving the Heat a draft pick for free. :biggums:

That part I can explain. Heat gave the Kings cash and the draft pick is highly protected (Heat won't get it).

Miles and Miles
02-20-2014, 02:17 PM
More of a SG. He's not playing good enough to be a starter or backup anyway.

Have you seen the Kings? Last in the West. Trash off the Heat can probably crack our rotation.

Kingwillball
02-20-2014, 02:33 PM
This move probably aimed at March 1 buyout..

insidehoops
02-20-2014, 02:34 PM
Trade now final/official: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=15255

DaSeba5
02-20-2014, 02:37 PM
Good. He was awful. I wonder what the Heat are going to do.

Kingwillball
02-20-2014, 02:42 PM
Good. He was awful. I wonder what the Heat are going to do.

If they can turn him into Butler that would be pretty good.

mistergreens
02-20-2014, 02:53 PM
Someone help me out with this. Heat trade Mason to Sacto, who then cuts him, but has to pay his remaining salary. The reason they are willing to do this, presumably, is that Sacto gets more cash from Miami that what they will have to pay Mason, right? And the reason Miami does this, is that the money they pay Sacto is "off the books" so therefore reduces the luxury tax?

Am I making any sense? Not sure if this is how it works.

secund2nun
02-20-2014, 03:20 PM
Someone help me out with this. Heat trade Mason to Sacto, who then cuts him, but has to pay his remaining salary. The reason they are willing to do this, presumably, is that Sacto gets more cash from Miami that what they will have to pay Mason, right? And the reason Miami does this, is that the money they pay Sacto is "off the books" so therefore reduces the luxury tax?

Am I making any sense? Not sure if this is how it works.

The reason Miami did it is to open up a roster spot for the buyout deadline. They want to add another player.

mistergreens
02-20-2014, 03:25 PM
The reason Miami did it is to open up a roster spot for the buyout deadline. They want to add another player.

I get that, but why wouldn't they just cut him? If they have to pay Sac cash to take him, why go through all this? I think the answer is that the money they pay Sacramento reduced the tax burdern as its outside of the salary cap. Anyone know if I am correct?

DaSeba5
02-20-2014, 03:26 PM
If they can turn him into Butler that would be pretty good.

That would be sweet

LongLiveTheKing
02-20-2014, 03:59 PM
I feel bad for Roger Mason. I know he sucked this year but it seemed like he had good chemistry with some players.

BasedTom
02-20-2014, 04:10 PM
In my opinion, they should have shipped Douglas out. Mason at least had some chemistry with the team and could hit 3s in garbage time. I haven't seen anything positive from Douglas (in fact, he's been a negative on the court) whatsoever.

Riley knows best though :cheers:

HomieWeMajor
02-20-2014, 06:20 PM
Riley bout to drop the biggest move of 2014 .

Miles and Miles
02-20-2014, 06:21 PM
Mason is officially waived.

andremiller07
02-20-2014, 06:30 PM
Wtf is this trade? Why not Tony Douglas a guy who can actually help us and we should have resigned in the first place.

Miles and Miles
02-20-2014, 07:16 PM
Wtf is this trade? Why not Tony Douglas a guy who can actually help us and we should have resigned in the first place.

Just another small money deal. It's over my head.:confusedshrug:

andremiller07
02-20-2014, 07:23 PM
Just another small money deal. It's over my head.:confusedshrug:
I still don't actually see what we are trying to do, I understood the Williams deal for LRMAM, the Gay one is now kind of confusing since it complete negates D-Will, the Landry signing was flat out one of the worst choices since Thomas Robinson and the last two deals don't do anything.

Honestly the team has to draft a shot blocker in the upcoming draft or trade for one in the off-season. It's been 4+ years since we drafted DMC and not once have we got a shot blocker to actually help him and IT who need one to cover up there defence and actually improve the team.

All these undersized PF's who can't block shots in Landry, Patterson, Hickson, Hayes, Robinson, Thompson (not undersized), Reggie Evans are not going to help us and the contracts given to Hayes and Landry are ****ing dumb way to much money.

We fixed the SF position and got worse at every other spot pretty much.

Miles and Miles
02-20-2014, 07:32 PM
I still don't actually see what we are trying to do, I understood the Williams deal for LRMAM, the Gay one is now kind of confusing since it complete negates D-Will, the Landry signing was flat out one of the worst choices since Thomas Robinson and the last two deals don't do anything.

Honestly the team has to draft a shot blocker in the upcoming draft or trade for one in the off-season. It's been 4+ years since we drafted DMC and not once have we got a shot blocker to actually help him and IT who need one to cover up there defence and actually improve the team.

All these undersized PF's who can't block shots in Landry, Patterson, Hickson, Hayes, Robinson, Thompson (not undersized), Reggie Evans are not going to help us and the contracts given to Hayes and Landry are ****ing dumb way to much money.

We fixed the SF position and got worse at every other spot pretty much.

Yes I don't try to figure out the money side of things. I only concern myself with talent on the floor. We upgraded our talent with Rudy, that one is clear. I think they thought Landry was going to be something he wasn't. He was a valuable piece for GS last year. I think they bring in PFs thinking they are going to move JT but they have no takers. I really see shot blockers as a rare thing these days. They aren't exactly easy to find as I can see. Let's see positions. Not sure of exact rotations anymore. Jimmer was sick last night so I don't think he got the minutes he's going to get now. Coach has a mess on his hands but I don't think the roster is as much of a mess as it was last year or maybe I am just looking through my purple glasses.

PG: IT, Ray, Jimmer
SG: Ben, Jimmer, Terry? (buyout?)
SF: Rudy, Williams, Outlaw
PF: JT, Landry, Acy, R.Evans (????)
C: DMC, JT, Gray

plowking
02-20-2014, 08:03 PM
Anyone know whats up with Emeka Okafor? Will he be ready to play by playoffs? Or nah? I've heard there is talk of him getting bought out as well?

Caron Butler would do nicely as well.

zoom17
02-21-2014, 01:05 AM
Anyone know whats up with Emeka Okafor? Will he be ready to play by playoffs? Or nah? I've heard there is talk of him getting bought out as well?

Caron Butler would do nicely as well.

Anybody to replace shane battier he looks done.

I<3NBA
02-21-2014, 01:15 AM
:cry:

my avy just got outdated

cos88
02-21-2014, 01:31 AM
:cry:

my avy just got outdated

good, it was very bad :confusedshrug:

plowking
02-21-2014, 01:50 AM
Anybody to replace shane battier he looks done.

How in the hell do you forget how to shoot 3's though? Seriously? That's all he needs to remember to do, and hes set. LOL...

Butler would be a nice addition, but hes no where near the defender Shane is. As bad as Shane has been these last 5 games offensively, I would still say hes played well in them. Crazy how impact worthy his defense is.

sfballa13
02-21-2014, 01:24 PM
Heat are gonna get Granger who is gonna play pissed and try hard since he is due for a new deal

Then the Heat should waive Rashard Lewis and sign Big Baby

Davis could and would be huge for any contender

He is easily capable of putting up 12/5 off the bench every night

Bandito
02-21-2014, 03:11 PM
How in the hell do you forget how to shoot 3's though? Seriously? That's all he needs to remember to do, and hes set. LOL...

Butler would be a nice addition, but hes no where near the defender Shane is. As bad as Shane has been these last 5 games offensively, I would still say hes played well in them. Crazy how impact worthy his defense is.
Somebody actually watch the heat games and noy
Lebron statbox, respect