PDA

View Full Version : why the KD vs Lebron Rivalry?

EllisGW
02-20-2014, 08:03 PM
KD has never won an MVP
KD has never finished with better overall numbers in a season than lebron
KD has never won any rings

At least when its lebron vs kobe, lebron had better career numbers and mvps.

The media plays up so much crap. If he has better career numbers, mvp or a ring then come talk.

navy
02-20-2014, 08:04 PM
Because they are the best players in the nba that play the same position.

flipogb
02-20-2014, 08:04 PM
they have played a finals against each other and have a chance to do so again this year, something Kobe and LeBron have not done and most likely won't ever.

AlphaWolf24
02-20-2014, 08:06 PM
KD has never won an MVP TEAM AWARD
KD has never won any rings TEAM AWARD

The media plays up so much crap. If he has better career numbers, mvp or a ring then come talk.

Durant has better numbers this year....watching the games excluding "TEAM AWARDS" , Durant is on another level then Lebron...especially his offensive game..

NumberSix
02-20-2014, 08:07 PM
It's a rivalry in the same way that Jordan/Barkley was a rivalry. Both great, but 1 guy won everything.

KG215
02-20-2014, 08:11 PM
KD has never won an MVP
KD has never won any rings

And when the Kobe vs. LeBron rivalry started up a lot of those things were true about LeBron, too.

EllisGW
02-20-2014, 08:12 PM

One clearly is way more accomplished than the other. KD has not even finished a full season with better numbers or an mvp vs lebron. Magic vs bird actually won rings and mvps. Kobe vs lebron at least one had better career numbers and an mvp, while the other had rings. If KD gets a ring or mvp then come talk.

Eric Cartman
02-20-2014, 08:13 PM
Durant is taking the reigns from Lebron eventually.

It's the young hungry malnourished lion trying to dethrone the king of the jungle for supremacy.

EllisGW
And when the Kobe vs. LeBron rivalry started up a lot of those things were true about LeBron, too.

lebron had better career numbers and mvps

Marlo_Stanfield
Durant has better numbers this year....watching the games excluding "TEAM AWARDS" , Durant is on another level then Lebron...especially his offensive game..

http://cdn.niketalk.com/2/2f/350x700px-LL-2ff5111e_michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Marlo_Stanfield

It's the young hungry malnourished lion trying to dethrone the king of the jungle for supremacy.
inb4 Pauk:coleman:

inclinerator
02-20-2014, 08:14 PM
2 best players, red vs blue, east vs west, same position

crawdaddy4ou
02-20-2014, 08:17 PM
NBA has to have a storyline or what's the point of the regular season, overrated as it obviously is.

KG215
02-20-2014, 08:20 PM
lebron had better career numbers and mvps
Probably had, what, one MVP? You're really pushing something with some pretty stupid logic here. Durant just turned 25 this year. He's been finishing 2nd behind peak/prime LeBron in MVPs since 2010. He'll get his. Back in 2006-2008ish when the Kobe/LeBron rivalry was starting to pick up a little bit of steam how many MVPs did LeBron have?

Black and White
02-20-2014, 08:21 PM
http://cdn.niketalk.com/2/2f/350x700px-LL-2ff5111e_michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Whats so funny? Durant is much more skilled offensively than LeBron

mentallooser
02-20-2014, 08:21 PM
1] They are the 2 best players in the league right now
2] It makes for a great narrative. Two rivals who may meet in the finals who are putting up superhuman performances.

Marlo_Stanfield
02-20-2014, 08:23 PM
Whats so funny? Durant is much more skilled offensively than LeBron
http://i.imgur.com/atNvAkW.gif

JUDGE WITNESS
02-20-2014, 08:24 PM
nailed it

Black and White
02-20-2014, 08:25 PM
http://i.imgur.com/atNvAkW.gif

You don't think so??? It's true you know, Bron doesn't have the skillset that Durant has on the offensive end.

NumberSix
02-20-2014, 08:39 PM

How does 1 take "reigns"? :facepalm

theoneneo
02-20-2014, 08:41 PM
Lol Kevin Durant is a better basketball player than Lebron, and don't use the rings argument. You Lebron fans tried to build a Kobe vs Lebron rivalry even before he won anything.

Just relax, and watch KD buss dat ass tonight :lol

NumberSix
02-20-2014, 08:42 PM
You don't think so??? It's true you know, Bron doesn't have the skillset that Durant has on the offensive end.
Durant is a better shooter than LeBron. LeBron is better in literally every other aspect of offense though. Even if you give shooting the most weight, it's certainly doesn't outweigh everything else combined.

Black and White
02-20-2014, 08:44 PM
Durant is a better shooter than LeBron. LeBron is better in literally every other aspect of offense though. Even if you give shooting the most weight, it's certainly doesn't outweigh everything else combined.

Durant is better from 3pt, mid-range, he's becoming a very good passer (not on Brans level yet), his finishing around the rim is elite,

TBH on offense LeBron is only clearly better at his post game.

NumberSix
02-20-2014, 08:48 PM
Lol Kevin Durant is a better basketball player than Lebron, and don't use the rings argument. You Lebron fans tried to build a Kobe vs Lebron rivalry even before he won anything.

Just relax, and watch KD buss dat ass tonight :lol
Yeah, LeBron was having statistically superior seasons to Kobe every season though. Durant has yet to accomplish that once. Even if LeBron had 0 MVPs and 0 rings like KD, there would still be no argument. If they both won nothing, LeBron still is statistically superior every season they've both been in the league.

NumberSix
02-20-2014, 08:48 PM
Durant is better from 3pt, mid-range, he's becoming a very good passer (not on Brans level yet), his finishing around the rim is elite,

Like i said..... Shooting. That's it.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-20-2014, 08:50 PM

Lebron is clearly a better playmaker...other than that though, KD has him beat, hence the better player and MVP.

Black and White
02-20-2014, 08:50 PM
Like i said..... Shooting. That's it.

Shooting is a big part of a players individual offensive game, but now you can see that his handle is great, he is able to break guys down 1 on 1, LeBron is elite when he plays team ball, thats where his strengths are, but individually, Durant is better offensively.

Black and White
02-20-2014, 08:51 PM
Lebron is clearly a better playmaker...other than that though, KD has him beat, hence the better player and MVP.

Yep thats what I said :cheers:

russwest0
02-20-2014, 08:52 PM
Wait, he actually believes that LeBron is better on offense than Durant?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

This guy actually believes this, people

CelticBaller
02-20-2014, 08:54 PM
Wait, he actually believes that LeBron is better on offense than Durant?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

This guy actually believes this, people
can we ignore him?

NumberSix
02-20-2014, 08:54 PM
Shooting is a big part of a players individual offensive game, but now you can see that his handle is great, he is able to break guys down 1 on 1, LeBron is elite when he plays team ball, thats where his strengths are, but individually, Durant is better offensively.
Who cares about how good anyone is or isn't "individually"? It's a 5v5 team game. How you play the 5v5 team game is the only thing that matters. You might as well be arguing "Durant is better at 6v6". Wether it's even true or not, who gives a fcuk?

DaSeba5
02-20-2014, 08:55 PM
Who cares about how good anyone is or isn't "individually"? It's a 5v5 team game. How you play the 5v5 team game is the only thing that matters. You might as well be arguing "Durant is better at 6v6". Wether it's even true or not, who gives a fcuk?

Exactly. People always forget this.

Black and White
02-20-2014, 08:56 PM

As I said, Durant is more skilled offensively, thats all, nothing wrong with that tho

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
Yeah guys, who gives a shit who the BEST player in the league is. Derp.

:facepalm

CelticBaller
As I said, Durant is more skilled offensively, thats all, nothing wrong with that tho
bran is the best at evrything

NumberSix
02-20-2014, 08:58 PM
Sure, in the same way that Melo is more offensively "skilled" than Magic.

sd3035
02-20-2014, 08:58 PM
You really don't know the answer OP? They are the two best players in the game right now, on two of the best teams, and play the same position

This is a classic example of an agenda/bait thread

Black and White
02-20-2014, 08:59 PM
bran is the best at evrything

Best WNBA player?

D.J.
02-20-2014, 09:00 PM
Because right now, Durant is the clear MVP and his playing better than LeBron overall. Plus with LeBron turning 30 this year and Durant still in his mid-20s, Durant will be the face of the NBA in the near future.

NumberSix
02-20-2014, 09:00 PM
Best WNBA player?
We really wanna get into who would be more suited for the WNBA between LeBron and Durant? Because, we can go there.

My guess is no.:no:

Black and White
02-20-2014, 09:02 PM
Sure, in the same way that Melo is more offensively "skilled" than Magic.

We are looking at one aspect of basketball here, if you break it down, LeBron can't be the best at everything,

He isn't the best passer

He isn't the best rebounder

He isn't the best defender

He isn't the best shooter

He isn't the best offensive player etc

Get what I am saying? But overall he is talented in most aspects, thats what makes him great.

We are only talking offense though, and he isn't better on offense than Durant.

DaSeba5
02-20-2014, 09:02 PM
People call it a rivalry, but it's no rivalry.

They play in different conferences, which means they only play each other twice a year.
They only met in the playoffs once (the Finals) and Miami won in 5.
They are really good friends and they hardly go at each other.

This is extremely forced just because they are the two best players in the league.

CelticBaller
02-20-2014, 09:03 PM

They play in different conferences, which means they only play each other twice a year.
Stop

NumberSix
02-20-2014, 09:03 PM

They only met in the playoffs once (the Finals) and Miami won in 5.
They are really good friends and they hardly go at each other.

This is extremely forced just because they are the two best players in the league.
It's not a rivalry when 1 guy never wins anything and the other guy wins everything.

CelticBaller
02-20-2014, 09:04 PM
It's not a rivalry when 1 guy never wins anything and the other guy wins everything.
That's why Jordan never had rivalries right? neither the kings and lakers? :oldlol:

DaSeba5
02-20-2014, 09:05 PM
Stop

No. It's not a rivalry. Come back to me when they play in the Finals 12 times or play in the playoffs several times (Spurs-Lakers, Pistons-Bulls, Heat-Knicks).

NumberSix
02-20-2014, 09:07 PM
We are looking at one aspect of basketball here, if you break it down, LeBron can't be the best at everything,

He isn't the best passer

Get what I am saying? But overall he is talented in most aspects, thats what makes him great.

Durant is a scorer. This guy doesn't run an offense.:roll:

LeBron plays PG more than Miami's PGs do. This dude runs the most efficient offense in the league.

There's more to offense than shooting.

Black and White
02-20-2014, 09:09 PM
No. It's not a rivalry. Come back to me when they play in the Finals 12 times or play in the playoffs several times (Spurs-Lakers, Pistons-Bulls, Heat-Knicks).

It's more of a rivalry than Kobe and LeBron ever was, they never met in the finals.

Durant and Bron have met once, LeBron beat him, this time, KD is favourite to win MVP and he is also a favourite to win it all and judging by the way LeBron is talking this season, its quite clearly a rivalry.

CelticBaller
02-20-2014, 09:09 PM
So Jordan never had rivalry with Drexler? with Malone? :kobe:

lol Magic and Bird was a rivalry before the 2nd finals appearances

It's a rivalry, trying to dismiss it just makes you look stupid.

Black and White
02-20-2014, 09:10 PM
Durant is a scorer. This guy doesn't run an offense.:roll:

LeBron plays PG more than Miami's PGs do. This dude runs the most efficient offense in the league.

There's more to offense than shooting.

Sure, LeBron is the better playmaker, if you look at all the other aspects of offense, Durant has the advantage.

DaSeba5
02-20-2014, 09:10 PM

He isn't the best passer

I'm confused by your post. Neither is Durant. LeBron runs the whole Miami offense. He's a better PG than several real PGs. Durant is the better scorer for sure, but if we're talking whole offense, there's a reason why Miami is very efficient.

DaSeba5
02-20-2014, 09:11 PM
So Jordan never had rivalry with Drexler? with Malone? :kobe:

lol Magic and Bird was a rivalry before the 2nd finals appearances

The media calls everything a rivalry. I'd hardly call it a rivalry when it's Jordan beating them all. But he had to actually overcome the Pistons to win his first title.

NumberSix
02-20-2014, 09:12 PM
Saying Durant is better on offense is like saying Megatron is a better offensive player than Tom Brady.

The guy running an offense > the guy getting the ball and scoring the points.

On top of that, it's not like Bron is some slouch of a scorer. #3 in PPG and leads the entire league in TS%

Black and White
02-20-2014, 09:12 PM
I'm confused by your post. Neither is Durant. But LeBron is a better passer, rebounder, defender, and play maker for his team than Durant. He runs the whole Miami offense. He's a better PG than several real PGs. Durant is the better scorer for sure, but if we're talking whole offense, there's a reason why Miami is very efficient.

I was breaking down different aspects of the game to explain why Durant being better at one part shouldn't affect you guys as much.

As I said, playmaking Bron > Durant, but other parts of offense, Durant is more skilled.

Black and White
02-20-2014, 09:13 PM
The media calls everything a rivalry. I'd hardly call it a rivalry when it's Jordan beating them all. But he had to actually overcome the Pistons to win his first title.

Dude, Magic-Bird was most definitely a rivalry

CelticBaller
It's still a rivalry, you're just the minority here

Black and White
Saying Durant is better on offense is like saying Megatron is a better offensive player than Tom Brady.

running an offense > getting the ball and scoring the points.

On top of that, it's not like Bron is some slouch of a scorer. #3 in PPG and leads the entire league in TS%

I gave him credit, playmaking he is better, but the other parts of offense, its Durant

DaSeba5
02-20-2014, 09:14 PM
Dude, Magic-Bird was most definitely a rivalry

I wasn't referring to Magic-Bird. I was referring to like MJ-Drexler or MJ-Barkley. It can't be a rivalry when the other team always wins. Every thing is called a rivalry. They called LeBron-Pierce a rivalry.

Duke-NC
Lakers-Celtics
Michigan-Ohio State
Packers-Bears

Those are rivalries.

NumberSix
02-20-2014, 09:14 PM
I gave him credit, playmaking he is better, but the other parts of offense, its Durant
What exactly these other parts? Durant is a better shooter. That's it, that's all.

CelticBaller
02-20-2014, 09:17 PM
Every thing is called a rivalry. They called LeBron-Pierce a rivalry.
Who? links? :/

Whats so surpirsing about two of the best players being rivals? they're both aiming to top one another so why isn't a rivary? and are you actually saying Drexler wasn't Jordan's rival? jesus christ :facepalm

DaSeba5
I was breaking down different aspects of the game to explain why Durant being better at one part shouldn't affect you guys as much.

As I said, playmaking Bron > Durant, but other parts of offense, Durant is more skilled.

Such as what? I don't see how Durant is better in any category on offense besides shooting. Durant is a better FT shooter too.

Black and White
I wasn't referring to Magic-Bird. I was referring to like MJ-Drexler or MJ-Barkley. It can't be a rivalry when the other team always wins. Every thing is called a rivalry. They called LeBron-Pierce a rivalry.

Duke-NC
Lakers-Celtics
Michigan-Ohio State
Packers-Bears

Those are rivalries.

Durant is entering his prime, and he has outperformed and beaten LeBron this season, I am pretty sure these two are rivals now.

Black and White
02-20-2014, 09:18 PM
Such as what? I don't see how Durant is better in any category on offense besides shooting. Durant is a better FT shooter too.

Why don't you break down the different aspects of offense, because there isn't a ton of different things that Bron does better on offense.

CelticBaller
Durant is entering his prime, and he has outperformed and beaten LeBron this season, I am pretty sure these two are rivals now.
They are. his mentality has has more to do with teams than actual players

DaSeba5
Who? links? :/

Whats so surpirsing about two of the best players being rivals? they're both aiming to top one another so why isn't a rivary? and are you actually saying Drexler wasn't Jordan's rival? jesus christ :facepalm

Hardly. I have a strict criteria when it comes to rivalries. It has to be historically back and forth. Every time there are good players playing each other they call it a rivalry.

Black and White
02-20-2014, 09:19 PM
What exactly these other parts? Durant is a better shooter. That's it, that's all.

How many parts are there to offense in your eyes?

CelticBaller
02-20-2014, 09:19 PM
Hardly. I have a strict criteria when it comes to rivalries
Good, that's why the world doesn't revolve around you

Black and White
02-20-2014, 09:20 PM
They are. his mentality has has more to do with teams than actual players

Then he clearly hasn't read the title of this thread :facepalm

DaSeba5
02-20-2014, 09:20 PM
Good, that's why the world doesn't revolve around you

Never said it did. :confusedshrug:

CelticBaller
02-20-2014, 09:22 PM
Never said it did. :confusedshrug:
Just reminding you, the consensus is that they are rivals so anything you say that starts with "my" or "I" falls flat

DaSeba5
02-20-2014, 09:24 PM
Just reminding you, the consensus is that they are rivals so anything you say that starts with "my" or "I" falls flat

I'll gladly be in the minority. I don't care. Bird-Magic played in the Finals several times. Clearly a rivalry. When it's Jordan winning every time, it's not really a rivalry to me.

Smoke117
02-20-2014, 09:40 PM

Another level...right. A Kobe stan would say that.