PDA

View Full Version : Thunder are worse with Westbrook. That's a fact.

It's A VC3!!!
02-20-2014, 11:12 PM
Wow, this Thunder game is horrible. It's apparent that Durant hates having Westbrook on this team. Durant likes to be the "servant" but it's hard being one when you have to surrender to Westbrook. Durant likes doing everything on his own and was real good doing it. Just trade Westbrook. Even Ibaka is sucking with Westbrook back.

What say you guys? Probably going to go to sleep in 10 minutes so make this entertaining.

Just keep R. Jackson as the starting point guard.

TexasBloodMoney
02-20-2014, 11:17 PM
Why stop at trading Westbrook? Trade Ibaka! and Jackson! Scott Brooks!!!

Trade everybody :banana: :banana: :banana:

Uncle Drew
02-20-2014, 11:20 PM
You're full of crap. Stop making threads.

Qwyjibo
Brilliant analysis there.

Embers
Just buy out his contract so he can go to Indiana on the cheap I reckon :banana:

KG215
02-20-2014, 11:21 PM
Wow, this Thunder game is horrible. It's apparent that Durant hates having Westbrook on this team. Durant likes to be the "servant" but it's hard being one when you have to surrender to Westbrook. Durant likes doing everything on his own and was real good doing it. Just trade Westbrook. Even Ibaka is sucking with Westbrook back.

What say you guys? Probably going to go to sleep in 10 minutes so make this entertaining.

You're a f***ing moron. That's a fact.

OJ SIMPSON 2.0
02-20-2014, 11:22 PM
Pau Gasol for Westbrook. Get it down Mitch!!

b1imtf
02-20-2014, 11:24 PM
I thought you were retarded...

Now I'm sure.

USABall
02-20-2014, 11:27 PM
http://www.seekwellness.com/images/ardell/gonna-die.jpg

chocolatethunder
02-20-2014, 11:39 PM

Yes! It's best to use a sample size of one game to support a great hypothesis such as this. You win!!!

oh the horror
02-20-2014, 11:46 PM
No they're not. It's as simple as getting Westbrook incorporated back into the system correctly. It's a fine balance they need to work on.

What gets me is that WB was trying a little too hard first game back.

Instead of lettin the game come to him he forces the issue. A lot.

niko
02-21-2014, 12:07 AM
I'm more and more getting the feeling that your Nets ranting is not you ranting but a troll act. Lately you've been branching out to other teams and it's troll like, and always really stupid. Cause watching half of a team play one game and writing this is stupid. Sorry...

Eric Cartman
02-21-2014, 12:09 AM
They are not better without Westbrook that's just insane, but they could be better if they move Westbrook for a piece that fits better, maybe a inside presence.

That being said, Westbrook presence is necessary for OKC to win a title this year as presently constructed, similar to the way Wade is in Miami.

Come playoff time they will need him dearly.

We all remember what happened last year against Memphis.

Bless Mathews
02-21-2014, 12:47 AM
I've been typing this all along.

People really don't understand team sports. Westbrook is a great talent. Great. Great. But he takes away from perhaps one of the greatest pure scorers in history. Basketball is a TEAM sport. The thunders chemistry is just better without chuckbrook. Everybody does they're roles.

Trade Westbrook and let the new king do his thing.

LeGOAT
02-21-2014, 12:49 AM
It's a fact that they got bounced by the Grizz in the 2nd round with out GOATBrook and were 9-1 in their last 10 games before he went down again on Christmas

moe94
02-21-2014, 12:50 AM

People really don't understand team sports. Westbrook is a great talent. Great. Great. But he takes away from perhaps one of the greatest pure scorers in history. Basketball is a TEAM sport. The thunders chemistry is just better without chuckbrook. Everybody does they're roles.

You honestly think Durant can lead them to shit without another all-NBA player?

Vragrant
02-21-2014, 12:53 AM
The issue with this duo is that neither of them are playmakers. Also Durant is naturally passive and Westbrook is naturally aggressive which makes this issue bigger because Durant is a better scorer and its Westbrook who takes the most shots.

OKC is better with Westbrook but not as good as they could be.

Wade and Bron can coexist because they are natural playmakers, but both Durant and Westbrook have almost tunnel vision when they have the basketball, Westbrook moreso.

Bless Mathews
02-21-2014, 01:36 AM
You honestly think Durant can lead them to shit without another all-NBA player?
Yes.

I think Durant is that good. Without chuck brook he takes over, more locked in to the game. Jackson is a good pure point guard. Ibaka solid big man.

Just see his 30+ game streak and thunders win percentage vs winning teams without chuck brook.

Without Westbrook , Durant was much more aggressive and took over games, DOMINATED, while thunder was winning.

Team was playing great.

guy
02-21-2014, 01:43 AM
I'm not just going to base this off today's game, but there's no evidence that Russell can scale his game back like he should for Durant. He just doesn't seem to have the playing style and personality to do that. I thought I'd never say this, but if they don't win a championship, they should consider trading him. They went on a tear without him. I'm not really sure they are actually better without him but I'm also not sure if its really that big of a difference and maybe trading him for some pieces would make them much better. Of course, they'd have to get an all-star back.

Bless Mathews
02-21-2014, 01:46 AM
I'm not just going to base this off today's game, but there's no evidence that Russell can scale his game back like he should for Durant. He just doesn't seem to have the playing style and personality to do that. I thought I'd never say this, but if they don't win a championship, they should consider trading him. They went on a tear without him. I'm not really sure they are actually better without him but I'm also not sure if its really that big of a difference and maybe trading him for some pieces would make them much better. Of course, they'd have to get an all-star back.
Word.

For a good point guard and athletic big.

ILLsmak
02-21-2014, 02:31 AM

Yea I mean people who say Westbrook doesn't help the team are crazy... but the truth is that for his talent level he's not helping them as much as someone they could get in a trade would. They do need a PG tho, and maybe they are grooming KD to play without Westbrook by making him handle the ball more.

I can't think of who they could get though. Their bigs are good enough, they got KD, so they basically just need a PG or a package of players like a good C and a good PG.

-Smak

NumberSix
02-21-2014, 02:34 AM
Shouldn't russwest be in here in opposition? Unless, he's not actually a Russell Westbrook fan.

imdaman99
02-21-2014, 02:43 AM
Prisoners of the moment :roll:

Westbrook is the heart and soul of the Thunder, don't let some meaningless regular season wins tell you otherwise :confusedshrug:

NumberSix
02-21-2014, 02:56 AM

Westbrook is the heart and soul of the Thunder, don't let some meaningless regular season wins tell you otherwise :confusedshrug:
Speaking of russwest.

no pun intended
02-21-2014, 02:59 AM
The Nets are unfairly stacked. Even I am a bit upset. That's a fact.

cos88
02-21-2014, 03:01 AM

http://imageshack.com/a/img827/8886/ia5o.gif (https://imageshack.com/i/mzia5og)

you sure know your basketball :roll:

oarabbus
02-21-2014, 03:28 AM

This. A Durant-only team can't win the title. Neither can a Lebron-only team. Remember last years playoffs, the Thunder fell apart real quick without WB.

BlazerRed
02-21-2014, 03:34 AM
Lets just ignore that it's the first game back for Westbrook who has to be re-integrated into the game, against a defensive monster and defending champions. OP :facepalm

Megabox!
02-21-2014, 04:21 AM
Wait.......so now ppl want the Thunder to trade Westbrook? Wha....what the hell is going on??? So who's going to take over for the 2nd unit with KD on the bench resting?

imnew09
02-21-2014, 04:22 AM
This is same as saying the Nets are making a big push in the east. :lol

All Net
02-21-2014, 04:37 AM
It's a fact like the Nets were stacked?

OKC are far better off with Westbrook.. He's the difference from them winning the west.. Without him they are a 2nd round team most likely

ImKobe
02-21-2014, 04:54 AM
A healthy Westbrook makes OKC a much better team, problem is that he chose a bad game to come back to. He hadn't played with the team for over 2 months, so obviously there was going to be some rust and some horribly timed plays and bad shot attempts. He should have sat the game out and returned against the Clippers.

Their next 5 games are against the Clippers, Cavs, Grizzlies, Bobcats & 76ers, why the hell did he return in one of the biggest games of the season? He had some good plays, but overall he hurt the chemistry.

sportjames23
02-21-2014, 07:20 AM
http://imageshack.com/a/img827/8886/ia5o.gif (https://imageshack.com/i/mzia5og)

you sure know your basketball :roll:

LOL greatest gif ever. :oldlol:

Rondo
02-21-2014, 07:33 AM

I agree with this. He's a great player but his presence on the court takes away from Durant which ultimately hinders the Thunder more than it strengthens them.

SamuraiSWISH
02-21-2014, 09:40 AM
Westbrick's mere presence alters team chemistry to the point KD goes from competitive monster to submissive beta who yearns to be called The Servant. Because he wants to appease, and please everyone? Trade his ass for a set the table PG and Durant goes back to dominant ways while OKC finds better chemistry.

imdaman99
02-21-2014, 10:51 AM
A healthy Westbrook makes OKC a much better team, problem is that he chose a bad game to come back to. He hadn't played with the team for over 2 months, so obviously there was going to be some rust and some horribly timed plays and bad shot attempts. He should have sat the game out and returned against the Clippers.

Their next 5 games are against the Clippers, Cavs, Grizzlies, Bobcats & 76ers, why the hell did he return in one of the biggest games of the season? He had some good plays, but overall he hurt the chemistry.
The fact that he came back against Miami, meant that he took ALL the pressure off Durant.

Honestly, with or without Westbrook I think Miami still kills it yesterday. They came out with a purpose and Bron was too aggressive. That being said, they need to work him back in for chemistry reasons. Durant is not meant to run a team like Bron runs the Heat. There is not as much talent on OKC as there is on Miami. A good defensive team in the playoffs will make him pay and wear him out if he does not have Russ doing what he does.

Goatbrook will be back to GOATing before long :rockon:

ArbitraryWater
02-21-2014, 11:53 AM
Please ban this looser.

pegasus
02-21-2014, 11:57 AM
KD has gotten much better at handling the ball and creating for others, but he can't do that all game long, especially against a trapping team like the Heat.

Once WB finds his rhythm back, they will be a much better team but they are still lacking an inside presence and snipers to stretch the floor. And half of their rotation has little to none playoff experience.

Bless Mathews
02-21-2014, 12:08 PM
Westbrick's mere presence alters team chemistry to the point KD goes from competitive monster to submissive beta who yearns to be called The Servant. Because he wants to appease, and please everyone? Trade his ass for a set the table PG and Durant goes back to dominant ways while OKC finds better chemistry.
Yes.

Been typing this for ever.

All these idiots that disagree just type it's dump and we're idiots if we think this way.

Stupid. I guess they don't watch basketball games. Just look at numbers. Smh.

OKC plays like a TEAM more without. Everyone plays a role, and it lets Durant DOMINATE games. DOMINATE. smh.

Fucc chuckbrook. Trade his ass.

ICONIC
02-21-2014, 01:51 PM
Yes.

Been typing this for ever.

All these idiots that disagree just type it's dump and we're idiots if we think this way.

Stupid. I guess they don't watch basketball games. Just look at numbers. Smh.

OKC plays like a TEAM more without. Everyone plays a role, and it lets Durant DOMINATE games. DOMINATE. smh.

Fucc chuckbrook. Trade his ass.
So you'd rather rely on Kevin Durant DOMINATING every game on route the championship?

That should work out great, love your basketball analysis bro. Solid stuff here.

You DOMINATE by capitalizing random words and laying down vague statements like "look at the numbers" and "I guess you don't watch basketball"

seriously man. You're good at this stuff. ESPN would hire you on the spot. You're obviously on a different level than most when discussing basketball. Much respect.

Bless Mathews
02-21-2014, 01:56 PM
So you'd rather rely on Kevin Durant DOMINATING every game on route the championship?

That should work out great, love your basketball analysis bro. Solid stuff here.

You DOMINATE by capitalizing random words and laying down vague statements like "look at the numbers" and "I guess you don't watch basketball"

seriously man. You're good at this stuff. ESPN would hire you on the spot. You're obviously on a different level than most when discussing basketball. Much respect.
Lol.

Thanks for proving my point.

No facts just idiocy.

guy
02-21-2014, 02:32 PM
This. A Durant-only team can't win the title. Neither can a Lebron-only team. Remember last years playoffs, the Thunder fell apart real quick without WB.

Not a good comparison. They had to adjust to losing him in the middle of the playoffs right before playing in a series against one of the best teams in the league. If they had had so much time together without Westbrook beforehand they are clearly a different team.

ICONIC
02-21-2014, 02:43 PM
Not a good comparison. They had to adjust to losing him in the middle of the playoffs right before playing in a series against one of the best teams in the league. If they had had so much time together without Westbrook beforehand they are clearly a different team.
OKC is filled with one dimensional scrubs.

Reggie Jackson, Jeremy Lamb, Thabo Sefolosha, Kendrick Perkins, Derek Fisher....

They have no low post presence.

They have terrible coaching.

Just a really shit team outside Kevin and Russell.

OKC will win the ship this year and prove all the doubters wrong though.

Do not doubt GOATbrook in a playoff setting. He will not accept defeat. I will bump this thread and laugh at you, guy.

secund2nun
02-21-2014, 02:44 PM
They are better with Westbrook, but if they spent the money they spend on Westbrook on another player they would be a lot better than they are now.

Imagine if it was Durant+ Noah/Love/Howard/CP3/Griffin etc+Ibaka. That trio would a lot better than the Durant + Westbrook+ Ibaka trio.

Genaro
02-21-2014, 03:39 PM
Let the overreaction flows.

I will just remind you that with Westbrook, Thunder had two 60% win% seasons, two at 70% and two deep playoff runs. They're 21-5 with him playing this year.

I must remind too that it was his first game since december so yeah he is a little rusty and only played 24 minutes. That game was also against the 2 time champs and favourites to 3peat Miami Heat, who has a great trapping defense against point guards.

That being said I also think that some people just would like to see Durant going ham and taking the MVP from Lebron but I garantee you that this type of game won't pay off in the playoffs, it would be like Cavs Lebron.

NumberSix
02-21-2014, 03:43 PM
OKC is definitely better with their leader back. βurant just doesn't get to pad empty stats as much.

It's A VC3!!!
02-21-2014, 04:45 PM

Not only did the Thunder go on a tear but Durant was dominating the league without Westbrook.

Durant and Westbrook are similar to Iverson and Carmelo when they played on the Nuggets. I like Reggie starting better though and make Durant the main guy of the show.

Hoopz2332
02-21-2014, 07:43 PM
They're better as a team with Westbrook but Durant can dominate in an individual level more without him.