PDA

View Full Version : Just changed my comcast cable box to a Comcast DVR

Godzuki
02-21-2014, 08:55 PM
and now the TV picture has a yellow tint to it. It was fine with the old cable box.

its mostly with how people look, like everyones skin is yellow'sh. screen also seems a little dark.

i've been messing with the settings(mostly tint) and i can't seem to make it go away. i got it slightly better but any idea what might be the issue?

i think i got the hook up right with the TV and DVR using blue, green, and red cables....everything is working fine but this slightly yellow tint(really evident with peoples skin look).

9erempiree
02-21-2014, 08:58 PM
I would check video cables but you already mentioned having the better cables.

oarabbus
02-21-2014, 09:00 PM
If you really plugged in the cables right, then the problem is most likely your TV itself and it just happened in a strange coincidental time.

Does the image look different for video games/movies? If so, it's your TV. IF not... that's pretty damn weird and it must be the DVR, although a digital picture is a digital picture so it seems unlikely to be the culprit.

Godzuki
02-21-2014, 09:02 PM
I would check video cables but you already mentioned having the better cables.

yeah i double checked the cables and there isn't much more i can do with them since there is only one blue to blue, green to green, but like 4 red options but 3 of the 4 all make it work fine(which i'm assuming red is the sound_)

Godzuki
02-21-2014, 09:05 PM
If you really plugged in the cables right, then the problem is most likely your TV itself and it just happened in a strange coincidental time.

Does the image look different for video games/movies? If so, it's your TV. IF not... that's pretty damn weird and it must be the DVR, although a digital picture is a digital picture so it seems unlikely to be the culprit.

i haven't checked movies or games yet. well i don't even have a game system since i game on my laptop.

i'll see if i can hook my dvd up and check it.

thanks.

oarabbus
02-21-2014, 09:10 PM
Yeah, let us know what happens with the DVD (or xbox/playstation if you have it).

BTW:

http://cdn-images.sewelldirect.com/products/SW-8826/SW-8826.jpg

Just BTW though, the 3 left cables are video - red, green blue.

Then there is another red cable, and a white cable for the sound. The color coding may not always look like in this pic but there should be some type of distinguishing mark between the two red cables.

From the way you are talking about it though, it does sound like you hooked up everything right. If you plug in the video cables wrong, you will KNOW - either no picture, or it will be COMPLETELY blue/green/etc, not just a tint.

TheReal Kendall
02-21-2014, 09:14 PM
866-372-4215 Comcast Customer Service :facepalm

Godzuki
02-22-2014, 03:27 PM
Yeah, let us know what happens with the DVD (or xbox/playstation if you have it).

BTW:

http://cdn-images.sewelldirect.com/products/SW-8826/SW-8826.jpg

Just BTW though, the 3 left cables are video - red, green blue.

Then there is another red cable, and a white cable for the sound. The color coding may not always look like in this pic but there should be some type of distinguishing mark between the two red cables.

From the way you are talking about it though, it does sound like you hooked up everything right. If you plug in the video cables wrong, you will KNOW - either no picture, or it will be COMPLETELY blue/green/etc, not just a tint.

thx for the help.

it ended up being the white plug. my wire set only had the blue, green, and red as a chord so i didn't realize i had to hook up the other white and red. i found that where my old wires were so once i put the white one in, it changed the color to normal. the extra red one turned on a extra speaker or something.

shaq2000
02-22-2014, 03:39 PM
No HDMI on it?

Shabba Ranks
02-22-2014, 04:16 PM
u a homo thats y. comcast dont like homos

Tarik One
02-22-2014, 04:22 PM
No HDMI on it?

Yep, get an HDMI cable and all of your connection problems are solved