PDA

View Full Version : Is Lebron The Only Current Player That Could Make Any Team A Playoff Contender?

Foster5k
02-22-2014, 09:48 AM
After watching Lebron, in Cleveland, with the second option being Mo Williams/Delonte West, it would seem Lebron can make any team, in the NBA, an instant playoff contender.

Lebron carried the Cavaliers all the way to the NBA Finals. Lebron was the Iron giant. He was relentless and was the tip of the arrow, of attack, for the Cavs, striking with the force of an NBA legend. A legend that would not be denied.

Now. My question is this. Can any other player, in the NBA, do what Lebron can do, which is turning any team into an instant playoff contender?

VIntageNOvel
02-22-2014, 10:05 AM
i dont know man

All Net
02-22-2014, 10:07 AM
Durant could too of course.

I<3NBA
02-22-2014, 10:26 AM
Durant could too of course.
so Durant can make the Bobcats contenders?

Mr Exlax
02-22-2014, 10:31 AM
I'd say Dwight Howard too. Took us from the 8th seed to like the 3 seed in the West.

All Net
02-22-2014, 10:31 AM

Well he took Ibaka and a bunch of role players to the best record in the NBA, in the east why not?

sportjames23
02-22-2014, 10:45 AM
Who's got the worse record in the NBA this year? The Sixers?

You think Lebron could make this Sixers team a playoff contender? :oldlol:

UtahJazzFan88
02-22-2014, 10:46 AM
Durant, CP3

All Net
02-22-2014, 10:48 AM

all this depends on the word contender...did people really see the cavs as a true title contender?

Foster5k
02-22-2014, 10:53 AM

Yes, easily.

MCW
James Anderson
Lebron James
Thaddeus Young
Byron Mullens

Instant playoff contenders.

MCW and Thad Young better than anyone Lebron had on the Cavs.

ripthekik
02-22-2014, 11:01 AM
Lebron is no longer this player. He makes a team a contender if that team already has 2 all star players.

Im so nba'd out
02-22-2014, 11:02 AM
maybe kd too

pauk
02-22-2014, 11:16 AM
Well he took Ibaka and a bunch of role players to the best record in the NBA, in the east why not?

Even though KD had a nice winning record without Westbrook that total record you see today is not entirely Westbrook-less, he played 25 games & was a top 5 mvp contender just before surgery for a reason... and Ibaka & Co. i doubt is as bad of a supporting cast as some of those Lebron had in Cleveland imo (see 2006-07 going to Finals), the only other guy ive seen reach the top of the mountain with as bad supporting cast as possible is arguably Allen Iverson with Sixers back in 2001 somewhere.... im not sure if Durant is capable of that kindof impact to that extent exactly but i think he is perhaps capable of making anybody a playoff team.

Im Still Ballin
02-22-2014, 11:33 AM
Durant could make most teams playoff material, but not all. Lebron on the other hand could carry any team in the last 10 years to the playoffs
(It'd be very close in the western conference with the bottom teams of course but he'd come very very close)

I<3NBA
02-22-2014, 11:53 AM
Ibaka is better than anybody Lebron's ever had in Cleveland. take Ibaka out of that team, and Durant would struggle taking OKC anywhere without Westbrook. Durant has nobody like Ibaka in the Bobcats. so no, Durant won't make the Bobcats a contender.

maybe take them into the playoffs as a low seed. yes.

BoutPractice
02-22-2014, 12:05 PM
Seriously? We got to page 2 and Dirk hasn't been mentioned?

AintNoSunshine
02-22-2014, 12:09 PM
Durant for sure.

Milbuck
02-22-2014, 12:18 PM
Seriously? We got to page 2 and Dirk hasn't been mentioned?
:biggums: This old Dirk? No way.

He's one of my favorite players of all time, but he's nowhere near that good right now. Prime Dirk, absolutely.

TheMilkyBarKid
02-22-2014, 12:24 PM
Ibaka is better than anybody Lebron's ever had in Cleveland. take Ibaka out of that team, and Durant would struggle taking OKC anywhere without Westbrook. Durant has nobody like Ibaka in the Bobcats. so no, Durant won't make the Bobcats a contender.

Are you talking current bobcats or 2012 bobcats?

Marlo_Stanfield
02-22-2014, 12:30 PM
I'd say Dwight Howard too. Took us from the 8th seed to like the 3 seed in the West.
delusionla. i like you but 100% delusional.
Dwight cant make anything without great offensive teammates.
he gives a team an instant defensive identity but he is NOWHERE close to make an impact like Bron and doesnt make teammates better like him:rolleyes: :coleman:

houston
02-22-2014, 12:31 PM
no it alot of players

Duderonomy
02-22-2014, 12:34 PM
Lebron couldn't make this seasons Lakers a playoff team.

Fudge
02-22-2014, 12:37 PM

What? Have you been hiding under a rock the whole year? The Bobcats are statistically one of the better defensive teams in the league.

And this idiot is acting like Al fcking Jefferson is some sort of scrub. :oldlol:

Durant would make any team a contender except Philly and MAYBE Milwaukee. Not even LeBron can. PERIOD.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-22-2014, 12:53 PM
Of all the great players I have watched, Lebron is the only dude I've seen make chicken shit into chicken salad.

BoutPractice
02-22-2014, 01:01 PM
:biggums: This old Dirk? No way.

He's one of my favorite players of all time, but he's nowhere near that good right now. Prime Dirk, absolutely.
Oh, ok, I thought OP meant current as in currently playing. I was assuming prime Dirk, because the ability to carry any team to the playoffs is pretty much his NBA signature. (That said, even last year's Dirk was leading a very mediocre team to the playoffs when healthy... they only missed it because of his injury.)

Miller for 3
02-22-2014, 01:03 PM
Of all the great players I have watched, Lebron is the only dude I've seen make chicken shit into chicken salad.

Got any examples? 2007 Cavs won 75% of their games Lebron didn't suit up. Shaq was a 3 time champ, MVP, before Lebron made him a spot up shooter. Anthony Parker was a two time MVP, double digit scorer on a playoff team, turned scrub when Lebron ballhooged nonstop. Mo Williams was an 18/7 before Lebron, scrub with. Larry Hughes was a 22-5-5 defensive juggernaut turned spot up shooter with Lebron ballhogging. Boozer became a 20-10 guy when he escaped Bron. Mike Miller was a 15/4/4 guy with 40+% 3pt shooting, turned scrub with Lebron. Mike Bibby was a 18-8 before Lebron, scrub with.

He has a history of turning chicken salad into shit, but not the other way around.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-22-2014, 01:06 PM
Got any examples? 2007 Cavs won 75% of their games Lebron didn't suit up. Shaq was a 3 time champ, MVP, before Lebron made him a spot up shooter. Anthony Parker was a two time MVP, double digit scorer on a playoff team, turned scrub when Lebron ballhooged nonstop. Mo Williams was an 18/7 before Lebron, scrub with. Larry Hughes was a 22-5-5 defensive juggernaut turned spot up shooter with Lebron ballhogging. Boozer became a 20-10 guy when he escaped Bron. Mike Miller was a 15/4/4 guy with 40+% 3pt shooting, turned scrub with Lebron. Mike Bibby was a 18-8 before Lebron, scrub with.

He has a history of turning chicken salad into shit, but not the other way around.

lol @ expecting ANY serious response.

HurricaneKid
02-22-2014, 01:08 PM
Even though KD had a nice winning record without Westbrook that total record you see today is not entirely Westbrook-less, he played 25 games & was a top 5 mvp contender just before surgery for a reason... and Ibaka & Co. i doubt is as bad of a supporting cast as some of those Lebron had in Cleveland imo (see 2006-07 going to Finals), the only other guy ive seen reach the top of the mountain with as bad supporting cast as possible is arguably Allen Iverson with Sixers back in 2001 somewhere.... im not sure if Durant is capable of that kindof impact to that extent exactly but i think he is perhaps capable of making anybody a playoff team.

WTF is this Pauk? I usually like your posts. Westy as a top 5 MVP contender? Do you pay a premium for the good stuff? He has had his worst season since he turned 21 trying to come back from this knee injury.

With KD on the pine this year the Thunder are 2.7 points better than their opponents. And thats without Westbrook most of the season. Last year they were +4.1. The year before that they were +5.2. The supporting cast at OKC is horribly underrated. This would be the first season in LeBron's career that he has never been on a team that outscored his opponents when he was out if the season ended today.

FireDavidKahn
02-22-2014, 01:11 PM
Playoff contenders? Absolutely.

Miller for 3
02-22-2014, 01:21 PM
lol @ expecting ANY serious response.

Oh, I didn't realize your post was a troll post. Sorry. It was pretty unbelievable, I shouldn't have fallen for it. Lebron not being a liability, :oldlol: Dam, how did I fall for that :oldlol: :cheers:

arifgokcen
02-22-2014, 01:24 PM
Lol wut. The Heat are barely a playoff team with Lebron but no Wade. What teams besides the Heat would be playoff teams with Lebron? Pacers get a lot worse, might still be the 8 seed. Suns are winning less than 20 with Lebron taking the ball away from Dragic and Green. Thunder might win 5 games all year, Lebron would turn Fisher/Lamb/Jackson into D-Leagues :facepalm
i am assuming you are joking

r0drig0lac
02-22-2014, 01:28 PM
cavs lebron never had a real chance to be champion

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-22-2014, 01:29 PM
Oh, I didn't realize your post was a troll post. Sorry. It was pretty unbelievable, I shouldn't have fallen for it. Lebron not being a liability, :oldlol: Dam, how did I fall for that :oldlol: :cheers:

I didn't realize you had the mental capacity of a potato. Duly noted.

secund2nun
02-22-2014, 01:30 PM
Playoff contender?

Lebron, Durant, Howard.

Consistent championship contender? Lebron

longtime lurker
02-22-2014, 01:32 PM
Durant can.

HurricaneKid
02-22-2014, 01:49 PM

The 2007 Cavs without LeBron on the floor scored 93.2 points/100 possessions. They allowed 111.4. Thats a -18.3 points per 100 possessions. That would make them the worst team in the history of the NBA by a good 20%. So tell me again how good they were without him.

Mo Williams is STILL crying about LeBron leaving Cle. LeBron had picked him up, threw him on his shoulders and carried him to an All-Star birth. He has been kicked around by three teams in the last three seasons, all of whom seem dumbfounded that he had somehow been an All-Star just a few years ago.

Hughes a defensive juggernaut? Ah, just trolling I see.

NumberSix
02-22-2014, 02:06 PM
He also took them to an epic choke job against Memphis.

Marlo_Stanfield
02-22-2014, 02:09 PM
Playoff contender?

Lebron, Durant, Howard.

Consistent championship contender? Lebron
this:applause: :applause:

iamgine
02-22-2014, 02:14 PM
After watching Lebron, in Cleveland, with the second option being Mo Williams/Delonte West, it would seem Lebron can make any team, in the NBA, an instant playoff contender.

Lebron carried the Cavaliers all the way to the NBA Finals. Lebron was the Iron giant. He was relentless and was the tip of the arrow, of attack, for the Cavs, striking with the force of an NBA legend. A legend that would not be denied.

Now. My question is this. Can any other player, in the NBA, do what Lebron can do, which is turning any team into an instant playoff contender?
Not a reasonable assumption based on flawed reasoning.

SilkkTheShocker
02-22-2014, 02:18 PM
LeBron took a team with Sasha Pavlovic and a rookie 2nd round pick PG starting to the NBA Finals.

Miller for 3
02-22-2014, 02:30 PM
The 2007 Cavs without LeBron on the floor scored 93.2 points/100 possessions. They allowed 111.4. Thats a -18.3 points per 100 possessions. That would make them the worst team in the history of the NBA by a good 20%. So tell me again how good they were without him.

Mo Williams is STILL crying about LeBron leaving Cle. LeBron had picked him up, threw him on his shoulders and carried him to an All-Star birth. He has been kicked around by three teams in the last three seasons, all of whom seem dumbfounded that he had somehow been an All-Star just a few years ago.

you forgot to mention they won 75% of their games without him and were better defensively with him off the court. Stick to watching your Excel sheet, the game film reveals he held them back, just like every team he has every played on. Two bronze medals with stacked teams, nuff said.

Marlo_Stanfield
02-22-2014, 02:35 PM

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Kingwillball
02-22-2014, 03:15 PM
Yes Lebron is the ONLY player maybe Durant but see Melo on Knicks.

ImKobe
02-22-2014, 03:18 PM
KD and CP3 could make any team a Playoff contender.

imdaman99
02-22-2014, 03:55 PM
Yes, I'm sure Lebron can get the Sixers into the playoffs.
But contenders in the playoffs??? They would lose in 5 to the Pacers.

Mr Exlax
02-22-2014, 05:05 PM
delusionla. i like you but 100% delusional.
Dwight cant make anything without great offensive teammates.
he gives a team an instant defensive identity but he is NOWHERE close to make an impact like Bron and doesnt make teammates better like him:rolleyes: :coleman:

I'm delusional, but on the page after you typed this you cosign somebody saying LeBron, Howard and Durant? Wtf lol.