PDA

View Full Version : Kobe is a better player than KAJ

Derivative
02-22-2014, 10:52 PM
I know it might sound wrong but if you analyze the context, Kobe is actually a better player than Kareem Abduljabbar.

1. Competition
Kobe played during an era where the competition was extremely high, the early 2000s had prime shaq, duncan, and a whole bunch of super talented wing players. And in late 2009 was even more competitive with the emergence of prime lebron and celtic super team along with other quality western teams.

But kareem instead played his prime in the weak 70s, where the super old jerry west was the second best player in the team in the begining of the decade, and bob mcadoo was the second best player during rest of the era. How many how the top 10 players in history was from the 70s? Only Kaj because he played in the weakest era of the league. Despite playing in the 70s alongside a prime Oscar Robertson, he still only to win 1 ring, that's sad. If Kobe played in the 70s he would also win 4-5 MVPs along with more than 2-3 champions.

2. Teammates
People knock on Kobe's rings because he played alongside Shaq. But what about Kareem? In the 70s he played with a prime oscar robertson, arguably the second best player in the league at that time. And still only managed to win 1 ring in the whole decade. And later he had to be carried to 5 more rings by the friggin top 4 ever Magic Johnson on one of the most stacked teams ever.

At least Kobe was the best player for 2 of his 5 rings playing in a tough era. KAJ was only the best player for 1 out of his 6 rings, and his 1 ring came during the weakest era of the game.

If Kobe had played in the 70s alongside oscar robertson aka 2nd best player of that era, Kobe would probably have 4-5 rings + 6-7 mvps and become best player of all time. And later be carried by Magic to another 5 rings which makes him godlike.

JohnFreeman
02-22-2014, 10:53 PM
Kareem > Kobe

Foster5k
02-22-2014, 10:55 PM
Another Kobe stan revising history.

Smook A.
02-22-2014, 10:56 PM
Kareem was better. Better FG% and more points. Also, he has 6 championships and a couple MVPs.

Combat Wombat
02-22-2014, 10:57 PM
Another Kobe stan revising history.

:facepalm

He's not a Kobe stan. He's a well-known Miami bandwagon troll fan who is yet to receive any form of pleasure from a woman.

Regarding the actual topic, I'm a Kobe fan but I'd take Kareem any day over him. The man is arguably the greatest center of all time and was simply unstoppable in his prime.

Lamar Odumbb
02-22-2014, 10:58 PM
I like Kobe but I would take a prime Kareem over a prime Kobe. Kareem could rebound, defend, block shots and score. Thats why a relatively unknown big man like Ebiid is considered the top pick over 2 great wing players like Wiggins and Parker.

Warfan
02-22-2014, 10:59 PM
I know it might sound wrong but if you analyze the context, Kobe is actually a better player than Kareem Abduljabbar.

1. Competition
Kobe played during an era where the competition was extremely high, the early 2000s had prime shaq, duncan, and a whole bunch of super talented wing players. And in late 2009 was even more competitive with the emergence of prime lebron and celtic super team along with other quality western teams.

But kareem instead played his prime in the weak 70s, where the super old jerry west was the second best player in the team in the begining of the decade, and bob mcadoo was the second best player during rest of the era. How many how the top 10 players in history was from the 70s? Only Kaj because he played in the weakest era of the league. Despite playing in the 70s alongside a prime Oscar Robertson, he still only to win 1 ring, that's sad. If Kobe played in the 70s he would also win 4-5 MVPs along with more than 2-3 champions.

2. Teammates
People knock on Kobe's rings because he played alongside Shaq. But what about Kareem? In the 70s he played with a prime oscar robertson, arguably the second best player in the league at that time. And still only managed to win 1 ring in the whole decade. And later he had to be carried to 5 more rings by the friggin top 4 ever Magic Johnson on one of the most stacked teams ever.

At least Kobe was the best player for 2 of his 5 rings playing in a tough era. KAJ was only the best player for 1 out of his 6 rings, and his 1 ring came during the weakest era of the game.

If Kobe had played in the 70s alongside oscar robertson aka 2nd best player of that era, Kobe would probably have 4-5 rings + 6-7 mvps and become best player of all time. And later be carried by Magic to another 5 rings which makes him godlike.
Oscar was in his early 30s during that title run averaged 18/5/9 in the PO. Kareem was the best player on the 1980 lakers teams aswell.

longtime lurker
02-22-2014, 11:01 PM

1. Competition

2. Teammates

Do everyone a favour and just stop posting with your bullsh!t threads :facepalm

Odinn
02-22-2014, 11:03 PM
Even though that f@ggot is on my Ignore List, he just getting keep more annoying and more annoying.

It is time to ban this fvcking idiot. Don't you think Jeff?

gts
02-22-2014, 11:24 PM
Mods.. this is one of those threads you should lock.. actually every thread the OP makes is one that should be locked

fpliii
02-22-2014, 11:26 PM
Even though that f@ggot is on my Ignore List, he just getting keep more annoying and more annoying.

:applause:

JohnFreeman
02-22-2014, 11:28 PM

I got banned the other day, and there are still these idiots posting. Love it

Combat Wombat
02-22-2014, 11:29 PM
I got banned the other day, and there are still these idiots posting. Love it

:wtf:

What did you get banned for??

JohnFreeman
02-22-2014, 11:33 PM
:wtf:

What did you get banned for??
:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

AnaheimLakers24
02-22-2014, 11:40 PM
op is a fgt loser

Stringer Bell
02-24-2014, 01:18 PM
The Big O was in his prime in the 60s.

Would you really pick Kobe on your team over Kareem?

Jailblazers7
02-24-2014, 01:26 PM

1. Competition

2. Teammates

Stopped reading at the bolded. lol @ using Shaq as evidence in Kobe's favor to show that the competition was good.

Demitri98
02-24-2014, 01:27 PM
Kareem > Jordan > Kobe

kc16
02-24-2014, 01:30 PM
As much as I love Kobe, there is no way I'll take him over KAJ. It seems Kareem is highly underrated on this board looking at some of the threads. He wasn't the flashiest player but he sure was dominant and effective.

kentatm
02-24-2014, 01:57 PM
nope

KAJ defeats Kobe in the test

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=326778

Marlo_Stanfield
02-24-2014, 02:08 PM
Wilt>Kareem > Jordan > Kobe
:applause: :applause: :applause:

MichaelCorleone
02-24-2014, 08:45 PM
I have to agree.

MJ > Russell > Magic = Bird > Duncan = Shaq = Lebron > Kobe > KAJ

Black and White
02-24-2014, 08:51 PM
All OP does is post about Kobe

K Xerxes
02-24-2014, 08:54 PM
Cannot believe how stupid this is. The reason Kobe is better than Kareem is because he apparently faced better competition and had inferior team mates. So nothing about their actual impact on the game or ability? :facepalm

The irony here is that the main thing stans harp on about Kobe (his longevity)... Kareem beats him down on that.

Cold soul
02-24-2014, 08:55 PM
I love Kobe but KAJ was the greater player just stop it...

MichaelCorleone
02-24-2014, 08:56 PM
I love Kobe but KAJ was the greater player just stop it...
No. Kobe was better at every aspects of the game.

Cold soul
02-24-2014, 09:00 PM
No. Kobe was better at every aspects of the game.

Lol and you say Kobe top 15 all-time. So according to you Kobe greater. Where exactly do you place KAJ than? :facepalm

MichaelCorleone
02-24-2014, 09:02 PM
Lol and you say Kobe top 15 all-time. So according to you Kobe greater. Where exactly do you place KAJ than? :facepalm
KAJ is slightly higher because he had the privilege to ride Magic to 6 rings.

I have KAJ at 8 and Kobe at 11.

Black and White
02-24-2014, 09:03 PM
KAJ is slightly higher because he had the privilege to ride Magic to 6 rings.

I have KAJ at 8 and Kobe at 11.

Time for you to get banned again?

MichaelCorleone
02-24-2014, 09:05 PM
Time for you to get banned again?
For having an opinion?

Not everyone live in the past and hang on to Wilt's and Kareem's junk.

Black and White
02-24-2014, 09:09 PM
For having an opinion?

Not everyone live in the past and hang on to Wilt's and Kareem's junk.

I thought after your most recent banning you would have known that your opinion means nothing on this board.

YouGotServed
02-24-2014, 09:12 PM
Kobe stans giving the good Laker posters a bad rep. :facepalm Some of them even disguise themselves as Celtic/Heat fans. SMH

Reported, hopefully All Net sees this and deletes it.

MichaelCorleone
02-24-2014, 09:13 PM
Kobe stans giving the good Laker posters a bad rep. :facepalm Some of them even disguise themselves as Celtic/Heat fans. SMH

Reported, hopefully All Net sees this and deletes it.
This. Absolutely a disgrace for a Kobe stan to disguise as a Celtic fan, shameless.:facepalm

YouGotServed
02-24-2014, 09:16 PM
This. Absolutely a disgrace for a Kobe stan to disguise as a Celtic fan, shameless.:facepalm

The ultimate insult and a cardinal sin. Not one real Celtic fan is going to be a Kobe fan. That's like a Rockets fan being a Karl Malone fan in the 90s. Not sure if really stupid or trying too hard to be ironic. :facepalm

MichaelCorleone
02-24-2014, 09:17 PM
The ultimate insult and a cardinal sin. Not one real Celtic fan is going to be a Kobe fan. That's like a Rockets fan being a Karl Malone fan in the 90s. Not sure if really stupid or trying too hard to be ironic. :facepalm
The worst thing has to be his user title: Celtics Till The End

My god how shameless do you have to be to openly jerk Kobe while having Celtics forever in your user.:facepalm

Black and White
02-24-2014, 09:17 PM

Lol, I have had Celtics discussions with many posters on this board, I'm glad you said this because you have just been exposed as a massive hypocrit, you are a LeBron stan disgusing yourself as a Dragic/Suns fan, tell me, do you actually know anything about the Suns?

MichaelCorleone
02-24-2014, 09:18 PM
Lol, I have had Celtics discussions with many posters on this board, I'm glad you said this because you have just been exposed as a massive hypocrit, you are a LeBron stan disgusing yourself as a Dragic/Suns fan, tell me, do you actually know anything about the Suns?
I am a Suns/Dragic fan 1st, Lebron just happens to be the best player in the world whom I admire.

I'll take Dragic over Lebron to be honest, more potential at this point.

Black and White
02-24-2014, 09:23 PM
I am a Suns/Dragic fan 1st, Lebron just happens to be the best player in the world whom I admire.

I'll take Dragic over Lebron to be honest, more potential at this point.

Bullshit, nobody will believe that, and as far as my "Kobe jerking" that you claim, I have never once called him the GOAT or GOD or anything like that, I don't overrate him, I just like the way he plays, he is the closest thing to Jordan that we have, there is nothing wrong with that, if he comes up against the Celtics, I hope we crush him, there is no rulebook on who I can like or not,

Is that really the only argument you have against me?

YouGotServed
02-24-2014, 09:24 PM
The worst thing has to be his user title: Celtics Till The End

My god how shameless do you have to be to openly jerk Kobe while having Celtics forever in your user.:facepalm

The sad thing is he thinks people don't see through it. Of course they do, we all do. Nobody takes him seriously. Real Celtic fans don't worship Kobe. He's not just giving Kobe credit, he's way past that. He's dick-riding the man nonstop. Is like we get it already, you like Kobe. Just get on with it already, we know you're a Kobe stan. No need to hide it anymore. :facepalm

MichaelCorleone
02-24-2014, 09:25 PM
Bullshit, nobody will believe that, and as far as my "Kobe jerking" that you claim, I have never once called him the GOAT or GOD or anything like that, I don't overrate him, I just like the way he plays, he is the closest thing to Jordan that we have, there is nothing wrong with that, if he comes up against the Celtics, I hope we crush him, there is no rulebook on who I can like or not,

Is that really the only argument you have against me?
Same goes for me, if and when the Suns face the Heat, I'm rooting for my team the Phoenix Suns.

I want Dragic to embarrass Chalmers and Lebron at point.

Black and White
02-24-2014, 09:27 PM
Same goes for me, if and when the Suns face the Heat, I'm rooting for my team the Phoenix Suns.

I want Dragic to embarrass Chalmers and Lebron at point.

Disagree, because we all know the Dragic fandom isn't real from you.

MichaelCorleone
02-24-2014, 09:28 PM
Disagree, because we all know the Dragic fandom isn't real from you.
Sure, whatever you believe, I don't care.:rolleyes: :confusedshrug:

Btw the main reason and fuel for my hate for Kobe is because of the history with Phoenix Suns, not my agenda of Lebron > Kobe.

Black and White
02-24-2014, 09:29 PM
Sure, whatever you believe, I don't care.:rolleyes: :confusedshrug:

Btw the main reason and fuel for my hate for Kobe is because of the history with Phoenix Suns, not my agenda of Lebron > Kobe.

History? you mean 1 series?

MichaelCorleone
02-24-2014, 09:31 PM
History? you mean 1 series?
1? Did you start watching in 2010?:facepalm

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2010/5/16/1469352/suns-lakers-playoff-history

Black and White
02-24-2014, 09:43 PM
1? Did you start watching in 2010?:facepalm

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2010/5/16/1469352/suns-lakers-playoff-history

I was testing to see if you were a true fan, there are a lot of claims that you are a LeStan in disguise.

But TBH why would that denote attacking 1 player???

MichaelCorleone
02-24-2014, 09:44 PM
I was testing to see if you were a true fan, there are a lot of claims that you are a LeStan in disguise.
Even off the top of my head there's 06 and beyond.:facepalm

Suns fans have many many reasons to hate Kobe.

Duncan21formvp
02-27-2014, 10:06 PM
No

bdreason
02-27-2014, 10:26 PM
Not even Kobe would claim he's better than Kareem.

Round Mound
02-27-2014, 10:28 PM
:oldlol: :facepalm :no: