02-23-2014, 01:55 AM
Squats
Bicep Curl
Arnold Press
Bentover Barbell Rows
Leg Press

Wally450
02-23-2014, 01:56 AM
I go to the gym 5 days a week and can honestly say I've never deadlifted.

JohnFreeman
02-23-2014, 01:57 AM
Squats
Bicep Curl
Arnold Press
Bentover Barbell Rows
Leg Press
I bought more pepsi :(. I am a piece of shit

plowking
02-23-2014, 02:01 AM
I bought more pepsi :(. I am a piece of shit

Why not stick to Pepsi Max? It has no calories. I mean, its not good for you, but at least you don't have to worry about empty calories.

Trentknicks
02-23-2014, 02:03 AM
Probably any form of direct overhead pressing. I work as a painter in amongst university, so my shoulders and traps are always getting 8 hours of overhead work before I even step in the gym most days.

JohnFreeman
02-23-2014, 02:03 AM
Why not stick to Pepsi Max? It has no calories. I mean, its not good for you, but at least you don't have to worry about empty calories.
I am drinking pepsi max? So it's ok?

gigantes
02-23-2014, 02:04 AM
my ab exercise is lying on the back, raising and lowering the feet. it's pretty inefficient and boring as hell. really need to find an alt.

i think you can do one on those big rubber balls. they have those at the rec center.

Trentknicks
02-23-2014, 02:04 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Sz8PisWOoTE/TDedLp7p0vI/AAAAAAAAAcg/ep2Hwan-iKg/s1600/squats_vs_deadlifts.jpg

plowking
02-23-2014, 02:05 AM

I got way too excessive and heavy with them, and couple that with the fact that I was sitting a lot throughout the day due to studying/lectures/classes at university, it really tightened up my hips, and I didn't even realize. Caused a lot of what seemed like lower back problems, but it was actually just tight hip flexors, and a tight piriformis.

I honestly remember at one point just deadlifting whenever I was bored, or just felt like I wanted a bit of exercise. So essentially I was deadlifting 3 days a week, and put up nearly 35 sets of the stuff... Vary from anywhere to light 10 rep sets of 135-220lbs, to doing heavy doubles of 450-500lbs.

These days I stretch like a mofo and keep it to about 4 sets a week lol...

plowking
02-23-2014, 02:10 AM
I am drinking pepsi max? So it's ok?

Its not healthy or anything, but its 0 calories. I've heard of a lot of bodybuilders drinking this stuff to suppress hunger cravings due to the extra caffeine, even right before shows.

I drank it while cutting, and I'm talking decent amounts on certain days, and found it had no impact on how I lost weight.

Wally450
02-23-2014, 02:12 AM
I got way too excessive and heavy with them, and couple that with the fact that I was sitting a lot throughout the day due to studying/lectures/classes at university, it really tightened up my hips, and I didn't even realize. Caused a lot of what seemed like lower back problems, but it was actually just tight hip flexors, and a tight piriformis.

I honestly remember at one point just deadlifting whenever I was bored, or just felt like I wanted a bit of exercise. So essentially I was deadlifting 3 days a week, and put up nearly 35 sets of the stuff... Vary from anywhere to light 10 rep sets of 135-220lbs, to doing heavy doubles of 450-500lbs.

These days I stretch like a mofo and keep it to about 4 sets a week lol...

On lower body days for me I usually stretch first, then ride the bike for 10 minutes to loosen up. After that I go squat whatever I do for that. ( Don't really keep track, 2-3 plates each side.) Then I do leg extensions and curls on the machines that have at my gym. I go heavy weights with those, I'm trying to bulk up as I play semi-pro football during the late summer/early fall.

I've just never had the jolt to go and deadlift. I've talked to friends that have said it helps a lot. I guess I should just start doing it.

JohnFreeman
02-23-2014, 02:18 AM
Its not healthy or anything, but its 0 calories. I've heard of a lot of bodybuilders drinking this stuff to suppress hunger cravings due to the extra caffeine, even right before shows.

I drank it while cutting, and I'm talking decent amounts on certain days, and found it had no impact on how I lost weight.
Maybe I should just drink Pepsi Max for a week? haha it's $2 for 2 litres at woolies

plowking
02-23-2014, 02:18 AM
On lower body days for me I usually stretch first, then ride the bike for 10 minutes to loosen up. After that I go squat whatever I do for that. ( Don't really keep track, 2-3 plates each side.) Then I do leg extensions and curls on the machines that have at my gym. I go heavy weights with those, I'm trying to bulk up as I play semi-pro football during the late summer/early fall.

I've just never had the jolt to go and deadlift. I've talked to friends that have said it helps a lot. I guess I should just start doing it.

I started doing them a fair while after I started working out too. I always saw people doing them, and eventually gave it a go with the help of a PT friend.

Make sure you have opened up your hips first and have some decent mobility in them. I pretty much roll out on my piriformis with a tennis ball every second or third day and I'm doing hip mobility stuff everyday for 10-15 minutes. Feeling as good as ever again.

Wally450
02-23-2014, 02:21 AM
Maybe I should just drink Pepsi Max for a week? haha it's $2 for 2 litres at woolies

Are you trying to lose weight or gain weight my dude? I've heard that regular soda is better for you regardless, in terms of losing wieght. (Soda isn;t a good way to lose weight.)

Wally450
02-23-2014, 02:23 AM
I started doing them a fair while after I started working out too. I always saw people doing them, and eventually gave it a go with the help of a PT friend.

Make sure you have opened up your hips first and have some decent mobility in them. I pretty much roll out on my piriformis with a tennis ball every second or third day and I'm doing hip mobility stuff everyday for 10-15 minutes. Feeling as good as ever again.

I think I'm a lifting nerd who is actually a loser, care explaining to me what that is?

JohnFreeman
02-23-2014, 02:29 AM
Are you trying to lose weight or gain weight my dude? I've heard that regular soda is better for you regardless, in terms of losing wieght. (Soda isn;t a good way to lose weight.)
Losing a little bit of weight, maybe 5 kilos. I drink Pepsi max but I have been walking every night

Wally450
02-23-2014, 02:34 AM
Losing a little bit of weight, maybe 5 kilos. I drink Pepsi max but I have been walking every night

I apologize but I do't know the difference between kilos and LBS.

Trentknicks
02-23-2014, 02:39 AM
2.2 pounds = 1 kilogram.

PullupJay
02-23-2014, 02:40 AM
OP http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll191/ironwill2008/TwigLegsMan-1-1.jpg
:D I have a leg day... I do squats with and without weights,lunges,jump sqauts,leg extensions,calf raises,hip abductor machine,etc... I seem to be doing just fine.

And if you consider it a back work out? pull ups,lat pull downs,bent over rows,the whole 9 yards work just fine.

Are dead-lifts really necessary? I think they are dangerous and your ticket to snap city, it's pointless for a lot of people.

I don't only train for aesthetics, I train for performance and I still find this exercise unnecessary and dangerous.

JohnFreeman
02-23-2014, 02:42 AM
11 pounds?

plowking
02-23-2014, 02:43 AM
I think I'm a lifting nerd who is actually a loser, care explaining to me what that is?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/55/Posterior_Hip_Muscles_1.PNG

You have to get a tennis ball, or deep tissue massage right on the side of your butt essentially. I guess the easiest way to understand where it is, is feel the pelvic bone at the front of your hips, then go around to the back at the same height essentially, and you'll reach the outside of your glutes, and that's where you stick the tennis ball to massage. There are plenty of videos on youtube.

BrownEye007
02-23-2014, 03:54 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Sz8PisWOoTE/TDedLp7p0vI/AAAAAAAAAcg/ep2Hwan-iKg/s1600/squats_vs_deadlifts.jpg
:oldlol:

oarabbus
02-23-2014, 04:32 AM
You have to learn to love squats people. I think doing squats brings more than deadlifts but you should really do them both.

JEFFERSON MONEY
02-23-2014, 04:14 PM
Liss slow jogging fukk it dont plan on doing anything but intervals
heavy rep rows hate them
Bukgarian split squat HATE THEM
any abs especially leg raises and twists Argh hate it
Burpees annoyinh as fuuk

Black and White
02-23-2014, 04:15 PM
I try to stay away from doing deadlifts, just to avoid any potential lower back issues in the future.

Vragrant
02-24-2014, 02:14 AM
I HATE bench press.

JohnFreeman
02-24-2014, 02:21 AM
I hate the one were the instructor makes you wear a blindfold, then you have to suck on a tube

alenleomessi
02-24-2014, 09:58 AM
squats
deadlift
any abs exercise or pointless cardio in a gym
lateral raises
squats

glidedrxlr22
02-24-2014, 01:51 PM
Lunges
Burpees
Bent over triceps extensions
Squats
Pullups

JEFFERSON MONEY
02-24-2014, 02:15 PM
Lunges
Burpees
Bent over triceps extensions
Squats
Pullups

Dude what the fuuk man?

A man of your stature and Clyde respect need not be doing what women do with pink dumbells without breaking a sweat.

Go for
- Close Grip Bench
- Ez lying triceps extension
- Weighted Dips
- Overhead Cable Triceps Extension
- JM Press

And alternate and master those.

glidedrxlr22
02-24-2014, 02:39 PM
Dude what the fuuk man?

A man of your stature and Clyde respect need not be doing what women do with pink dumbells without breaking a sweat.

Go for
- Close Grip Bench
- Ez lying triceps extension
- Weighted Dips
- Overhead Cable Triceps Extension
- JM Press

And alternate and master those.

I'm saying that when I first started as a beginner of 15 years old I hated doing them....never felt right. So I got rid of it from my routine. I definitely do prefer the EZ lying triceps extensions or skull crushers.