02-23-2014, 04:45 PM
he's just trying to be the hero and alpha of the team

Black and White
02-23-2014, 04:46 PM
Its just part of his mentailty.

andgar923
02-23-2014, 04:47 PM
You can't fix stupid.

I think I've only seen 2 games where I thought, "he's worthy of the praise he gets" otherwise he's a glorified 6th man.

Clyde
02-23-2014, 04:47 PM
I have to agree. He has all the talent in the world but his iq and poor attitude will hold him back.

Still one hell of a player

SamuraiSWISH
02-23-2014, 04:48 PM
Because he's dumb, bad decision maker, over emotional, and icing on the cake has a terrible jump shot? Plays with a beast of a scorer like Durant, he should average 10 apg pretty easily if he knew how to actually play PG.

Guy never had the defensive attention of D-Rose. Or the burden. Guy is fantastically athletic, but quite overrated. His stupidity, and emotional outbursts, bad shot selection hold him and the Thunder back.

Smook A.
02-23-2014, 04:48 PM
He chucks up some of the dumbest shots

WillC
02-23-2014, 04:49 PM
Compared to other elite players, he has a relatively low basketball IQ. He relies massively on his athleticism. I'd take a less athletic but 'smart' player any day of the week.

That said, when he's on his game, he's tough to stop.

I don't think he's a good sidekick for Durant though. Someone like Tony Parker would be far better.

SilkkTheShocker
02-23-2014, 04:50 PM
This guy is Steve Francis 2.0. He will coming off the bench for Olympiakos in 3-4 seasons

ralph_i_el
02-23-2014, 04:53 PM
the hate is strong in this thread.

You all know why westbrook is great I shouldn't have to tell you. So I wont

salwan
02-23-2014, 04:54 PM
he's the athletic Spanoulis

imdaman99
02-23-2014, 04:56 PM
Goatbrook forcing the haters to repeat their same useless 2 cents as if anyone cares what nerds on the internet think :rockon:

SamuraiSWISH
02-23-2014, 04:57 PM
Pretty good defender, though. Just insanely dumb, with clear cut mental instability. Not the recipe of a team leader, creator, ball handler who is the primary decision maker for a contender. He either needs to be SG, and learn how to shoot. Or ship him out for better pieces at multiple positions.

I shutter to think what a solo Westbrook led team without the 2nd best player in the league would do. They'd be a bottom feeder IMO for sure. Westbrook would be averaging 27 ppg on 34% FG.

PsychoBe
02-23-2014, 04:59 PM
Pretty good defender, though. Just insanely dumb, with clear cut mental instability. Not the recipe of a team leader, creator, ball handler who is the primary decision maker for a contender. He either needs to be SG, and learn how to shoot. Or ship him out for better pieces at multiple positions.

I shutter to think what a solo Westbrook led team without the 2nd best player in the league would do. They'd be a bottom feeder IMO for sure. Westbrook would be averaging 27 ppg on 34% FG.

who has the better i.q. westbrook or rose?

remember rose chucked his team to a playoff exit against the heat while his teammates were doing well relative to him.

secund2nun
02-23-2014, 05:01 PM
Westbrook was corrupted with bad habits by this NBA.

secund2nun
02-23-2014, 05:02 PM

remember rose chucked his team to a playoff exit against the heat while his teammates were doing well relative to him.

I've been saying it for years...both Westbrook and Rose are basically the same players.

Mass Debator
Switch Westbrook with Wade and the Thunder win it all in 11-13. :banana:

longtime lurker
Goatbrook forcing the haters to repeat their same useless 2 cents as if anyone cares what nerds on the internet think :rockon:

This. If he's so shit Thunder should trade him to the Lakers for Kendall Marshall

SamuraiSWISH
02-23-2014, 05:03 PM
In real life? Toss up.

Basketball IQ, feel for the game, shot selection, decision making, coachability? Quite clearly Derrick Rose.

No they weren't.

Rose had to do everything in regards to creating on offense for that team, Keith Bogans was his starting SG. Rose was playing point, and shooting guard for the 2011 Bulls.

He was being zoned up on for the drive by one of the best defenses of all-time with the 2nd place GOAT, the genetically modified SUPER athlete 6 inches taller than him contesting his step back jumper.

A DPOY candidate from 2011 - 2013, and one of the greatest perimeter defenders of all-time.

Are you serious right now? There is absolutely no shame in that. D-Rose didn't have a top three player, and scorer the caliber of The Servant distracting defenses. You can't be this dumb?

That's like Westbrick level stupidity.

moe94
02-23-2014, 05:05 PM
I think I've only seen 2 games where I thought, "he's worthy of the praise he gets" otherwise he's a glorified 6th man.

He was/is as good as Rose was.

secund2nun
02-23-2014, 05:06 PM
Chicago wins mainly because of their elite defense and elite rebounding, not because of their mediocre offense. Chicago doesn't even have Rose and Deng yet they are still 4 games above 500. In fact, since Deng left they have improved their record. It all starts with the team defense. Noah and Gibson are very underrated.

PsychoBe
02-23-2014, 05:08 PM
In real life? Toss up.

Basketball IQ, feel for the game, shot selection, decision making, coachability? Quite clearly Derrick Rose.

No they weren't.

Rose had to do everything in regards to creating on offense for that team, Keith Bogans was his starting SG. Rose was playing point, and shooting guard for the 2011 Bulls.

He was being zoned up on for the drive by one of the best defenses of all-time with the 2nd place GOAT, the genetically modified SUPER athlete 6 inches taller than him contesting his step back jumper.

A DPOY candidate from 2011 - 2013, and one of the greatest perimeter defenders of all-time.

Are you serious right now? There is absolutely no shame in that. D-Rose didn't have a top three player, and scorer the caliber of The Servant distracting defenses. You can't be this dumb?

That's like Westbrick level stupidity.

i meant in the deciding game not the entire series. he chucked shamelessly in that game shooting approximately 35% but still put rose on okc and they may have similar success but remember when rose was with ben gordon? he's not much of a second option player imo so it is what it is.

SamuraiSWISH
02-23-2014, 05:10 PM
i meant in the deciding game not the entire series. he chucked shamelessly in that game shooting approximately 35% but still put rose on okc and they may have similar success but remember when rose was with ben gordon? he's not much of a second option player imo so it is what it is.
Derrick was a rookie that season ... WTF? And Ben Gordon is Kevin Durant? Gordon is a 6th man at best whose been irrelevant since 2009, Rose's rookie season. You make no sense.

The current Thunder with 2011 Derrick Rose could win a ring. He's just that much better of a floor general than Westbrook. See how Chicago collapsed the second he went down in 2012. Their spirits gone.

Derrick never played anyone with Durant caliber talents. Are you kidding me with this nonsense? Westbrick was never EVER the sole focus of a defense the way 2011 Derrick Rose was.

Marlo_Stanfield
02-23-2014, 05:11 PM
This guy is Steve Francis 2.0. He will coming off the bench for Olympiakos in 3-4 seasons
behind Spanoulis:roll: :roll: :roll:

FKAri
02-23-2014, 05:12 PM
Not only is he talented, athletic, he's extremely skilled AND has a fantastic motor/workrate. To the extent with which he has that combo is rare.

I wouldn't say he's necessarily stupid as much as he's just got the wrong mindset out there most of the times.

SamuraiSWISH
02-23-2014, 05:13 PM
He was/is as good as Rose was.
He is not better than 2011 Derrick Rose. The difference in context between their situations gives a better perspective on the numbers at their best both put up. Mind you D-Rose would be better by this point if he never got injured, and missed essentially 2 years of pro basketball. By his 3rd season he won MVP. Westbrook is not that good. Chuckbrook never led his Thunder with inconsistent oft injured Carlos Boozer, hurt Joakim Noah, and hustle dork Luol Deng to a 60+ win record.

DuMa
02-23-2014, 05:14 PM
his timing is off. he will be back to RUSTLING jimmies again in no time

Genaro
02-23-2014, 05:36 PM
Overreaction thread all over again.
All of you critizing WB would be praising him had that "dumb" 3 pt shot gone in.
It was a bad shot but it's his shot. I think it was bad because he isn't 100% yet but in another situation it's just a normal shot that he missed.

eliteballer
02-23-2014, 05:40 PM
He should be a shooting guard.

hitmanyr2k
02-23-2014, 05:42 PM
Blame the coach that allows Westbrook to play that way. As long as Scott Brooks enables him to play like an idiot why do people expect him to change? A player like Westbrook needs Popovich type of discipline to become a good floor leader. As long as Brooks is coach Westbrook is destined to be a low IQ, inefficient chucker.

FaceBack
02-23-2014, 05:42 PM
He is what he is. An explosive PG with poor team skills.

SCdac
02-23-2014, 05:48 PM
Dude was balling in december before he went down , and the Thunder were winning

21 ppg | 8 apg | 7 rpg | 1.6 spg | .45 FG% | .88 FT%

Give him some time to shake off the rust.

leMVP
02-23-2014, 05:52 PM
Well, Westbrook put 43 in a finals game, So he's elite already.

The guy is a freak of nature considering his size, He just needs to tone down his alpha mentality and let Durant do his thing.

HoopsFanNumero1
02-23-2014, 05:56 PM
I was making fun of Westbrook too but this thread is stupid. Just a complete overreaction to him missing that last three pointer. Servant bricked several shots right before that and even missed two free throws. Westbrook was probably in the zone and just took the shot.

Thunderstruck
02-23-2014, 05:57 PM
The same predictable scrubs on this forum come out and trash Westbrook on his second game back from injury. Maybe you all should check your own IQs before you post anymore on his forum.

LONGTIME
02-23-2014, 06:03 PM
Blame the coach that allows Westbrook to play that way. As long as Scott Brooks enables him to play like an idiot why do people expect him to change? A player like Westbrook needs Popovich type of discipline to become a good floor leader. As long as Brooks is coach Westbrook is destined to be a low IQ, inefficient chucker.

:applause: Scott Brooks was NBA point guard himself :facepalm

red1
02-23-2014, 06:15 PM
except he already is elite

oarabbus
02-23-2014, 07:23 PM

Sounds like you saw him play 3 games.

mr.big35
02-23-2014, 07:43 PM
he should be averaging about 12 assists a game dont know why he needs to chuck the ball

Frozen1
02-23-2014, 07:45 PM
Well, Westbrook put 43 in a finals game, So he's elite already.

The guy is a freak of nature considering his size, He just needs to tone down his alpha mentality and let Durant do his thing.

43 points alongside a lot of dumb plays late in the game (like intentionally fouling chalmers with 4 seconds left on the shot clock) that eventually cost them a chance to win the game.

iznogood
02-23-2014, 07:56 PM
+1, I've been saying that for a long time.

WWRWestbrookDo?
02-23-2014, 09:12 PM
You can't fix stupid.

I'd like to hear who is on your elite guard list and how many guards you would honestly take over him.

I'll be waiting for your answer.

Prometheus
02-23-2014, 09:27 PM
I'd like to hear who is on your elite guard list and how many guards you would honestly take over him.

I'll be waiting for your answer.

CP3, Tony Parker, Rondo, Kobe, Wade are all far better basketball players, and are some of the guys I would call elite guards. If you swapped Westbrook with a healthy Rondo, with his supreme basketball IQ, court vision, passing prowess, and knack for team leadership, I would like OKC to win a series against anyone right now. Durant would see a 3pt boost in PPG and at least a 3% boost in FG%, and Rondo would average over 10 APG. Westbrook can create his own shot and play vicious defense, get to the rim at will and draw fouls, and is a good scorer. But he is just not smart enough to be a truly elite point guard in the NBA. Look beyond the stats.

juju151111
02-23-2014, 09:30 PM
Why was no thread like this being made in December when Westbrook was killing it and not comin off a injury rusty?

WWRWestbrookDo?
02-23-2014, 09:30 PM
CP3, Tony Parker, Rondo, Kobe, Wade are all far better basketball players, and are some of the guys I would call elite guards. If you swapped Westbrook with a healthy Rondo, with his supreme basketball IQ, court vision, passing prowess, and knack for team leadership, I would like OKC to win a series against anyone right now. Durant would see a 3pt boost in PPG and at least a 3% boost in FG%, and Rondo would average over 10 APG. Westbrook can create his own shot and play vicious defense, get to the rim at will and draw fouls, and is a good scorer. But he is just not smart enough to be a truly elite point guard in the NBA. Look beyond the stats.

Please stop talking. Your telling me you would take current Rondo, Kobe, Wade over him? Stop trolling.

The times of having traditional PG's aka Stocktons is over. You need to be able to score and take pressure off your other star.

Westbrook is widely considered a top 5-7 player in the NBA.

sc19
02-23-2014, 09:42 PM
Westdick watched too much Kobe videos.

Prometheus
02-23-2014, 09:53 PM
Please stop talking. Your telling me you would take current Rondo, Kobe, Wade over him? Stop trolling.

The times of having traditional PG's aka Stocktons is over. You need to be able to score and take pressure off your other star.

Westbrook is widely considered a top 5-7 player in the NBA.

If those three guys were fully healthy right now I would take any of them over Westbrook without thinking twice. Rondo is still trying to shake off his rust, Wade is only able to play 2/3 of the games because of his knees, and Kobe is getting very good at sitting in a chair watching his team. Otherwise yes they are definitely better players than Westbrook. Look beyond the stats.

Why was no thread like this being made in December when Westbrook was killing it and not comin off a injury rusty?

Because I wasn't allowed to register until January.

hitmanyr2k
02-23-2014, 09:56 PM

Westbrook's skills are rusty from injury no doubt but his usual stupidity in decision making appears to be in top form. However, like I said before the blame has to go to Brooks because he lets him get away with it. If Tony Parker was a career 30% three point shooter and just came down the floor and launched a 28 foot three pointer with defense draped all over him Popovich would have blown a gasket, held him accountable and reamed him in front of everyone. Westbrook continues to get a pass on his WTF shot selection and it's clear in his mind he has the green light to take any kind of shot no matter how dumb and ill-timed it may be. He's never going to grow as a floor general that way. OKC needs a coaching change in the worst way. Brooks is just an enabler of bad habits.

imdaman99
02-23-2014, 09:56 PM
There's a long list of 40+ scorers in NBA Finals history

LONGTIME
02-23-2014, 10:10 PM
Westbrook's skills are rusty from injury no doubt but his usual stupidity in decision making appears to be in top form. However, like I said before the blame has to go to Brooks because he lets him get away with it. If Tony Parker was a career 30% three point shooter and just came down the floor and launched a 28 foot three pointer with defense draped all over him Popovich would have blown a gasket, held him accountable and reamed him in front of everyone. Westbrook continues to get a pass on his WTF shot selection and it's clear in his mind he has the green light to take any kind of shot no matter how dumb and ill-timed it may be. He's never going to grow as a floor general that way. OKC needs a coaching change in the worst way. Brooks is just an enabler of bad habits.

Scott Brooks should be let go, I don't know how many chances their going to give this guy, but it's clear he is not the coach to lead them to a title.

BigMacAttack
02-23-2014, 10:13 PM

The times of having traditional PG's aka Stocktons is over. You need to be able to score and take pressure off your other star.Westbrook is widely considered a top 5-7 player in the NBA.

Such a stupid statement. Rondo has a ring, Westbrook doesnt. Who was the last PG like Westbrook or Rose to win a ring?

LONGTIME
02-23-2014, 10:16 PM
Such a stupid statement. Rondo has a ring, Westbrook doesnt. Who was the last PG like Westbrook or Rose to win a ring?

Isiah Thomas but he was a much smarter player.