PDA

View Full Version : AB Beasting!

JtotheIzzo
02-24-2014, 01:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntygmdb-q0Q

Kid gets decent minutes, guarateed double double.

February: 8.4 and 5.4 on 18 minutes.

He will be the reason Mike Brown never coaches again and the reason Chris Grant gets another gig.

Oh yeah, will be an all star some day.

Random_Guy
02-24-2014, 02:04 AM
IMO unless he really develops he will max out as a 17/8 player, still decent but nothing spectacular. Weak draft though, and props to him for improving.

Jameerthefear
02-24-2014, 02:08 AM

He will be the reason Mike Brown never coaches again and the reason Chris Grant gets another gig.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-vZi_x-57ato/T0dq3tk8MaI/AAAAAAAAAzI/OfDUGZ_RX5U/s320/black-guys-laughing.gif

El Gato Negro
02-24-2014, 02:09 AM
God i hate mike brown.

sd3035
02-24-2014, 02:11 AM
8 and 5? Stop the presses

El Gato Negro
02-24-2014, 02:18 AM

Unfortunately Grant was the moron that signed jack, bynum, clark and brown. all were and are a cancer to the team.

TheCorporation
02-24-2014, 02:33 AM

Okay, they're stopped. Now what?

qrich
02-24-2014, 02:44 AM
The first pick is averaging 8/5.....how could anyone doubt the greatness!!!!

:party:

JimmyMcAdocious
02-24-2014, 02:52 AM
Probably a top 15 PF already. Top 26 SF. Top 58 SG. Top 62 PG. Top 47 C.

DStebb716
02-24-2014, 02:58 AM

In 18 minutes. Double that and you get 16/10 per 36.

Also: he had one double-digit game coming into February. He had four in February including two double-doubles.

qrich
02-24-2014, 03:01 AM
In 18 minutes. Double that and you get 16/10 per 36.

Also: he had one double-digit game coming into February. He had four in February including two double-doubles.

Zeljko Rebraca averaged 7/4 in 15 minutes and was the 54th overall pick.

Your point?

RedBlackAttack
02-24-2014, 03:47 AM
Zeljko Rebraca averaged 7/4 in 15 minutes and was the 54th overall pick.

Your point?
What the hell does Rebraca have to do with anything? Wasn't he like 30 his rookie year? :oldlol:

AB is still a pup and, yes, with the kind of minutes he really should be getting right now, he'd be putting up double-doubles pretty much every night. Kid has improved quite a bit. Unfortunately, Mike Brown would rather play Tristan 38 minutes a night for some unknown reason.

I<3NBA
02-24-2014, 04:52 AM
per 36 is stupid. just because you got 8/5 in 18 minutes doesn't mean you'll get 16/10 in 36.

MichaelCorleone
02-24-2014, 04:53 AM
Potential still there.

NattyPButter
02-24-2014, 05:08 AM
MB is going to ruin his growth. The team has 2 first round picks and 1 gets barely any mins no matter how well he's doing and the other rots then bench or in the D League. He rather play a undrafted rookie that shoots nothing but bricks and Jarret Jack all the mins. This dude is going to cost himself a job and the ability to coach in the NBA never again.

MichaelCorleone
02-24-2014, 05:10 AM
He only has himself to blame if he ends up a bust.

T-Time3
02-24-2014, 06:32 AM
Isn't AB = Aaron Brooks ?

qrich
02-24-2014, 06:36 AM
What the hell does Rebraca have to do with anything? Wasn't he like 30 his rookie year? :oldlol:

Just pointing out how stupid per 36 is. Nick Fazekas had a per 36 of 14/12 if you want someone closer in age :D.

East_Stone_Ya
02-24-2014, 06:39 AM
he can still become good player as say..hmm Clarence Weatherspoon

rhowen4
02-24-2014, 06:50 AM
Is he good? Can MIA get him?

HomieWeMajor
02-24-2014, 08:14 AM
Fat man's Antoine Walker is breaking out :applause:

DukeDelonte13
02-24-2014, 08:44 AM
yes per 36 are imaginary numbers.

with that said, Bennett is actually playing very well lately. It's become very obvious to anyone who watches the cavs regularly.

I want MB to play Bennett more, but I also don't want Bennett to develop the bad habits that Kyrie and Dion picked up during their rookie years.

Patience people. We all wanna see him get 30 mins a game but he has to get those fundamentals down first.

Im Still Ballin
02-24-2014, 08:46 AM
yes per 36 are imaginary numbers.

with that said, Bennett is actually playing very well lately. It's become very obvious to anyone who watches the cavs regularly.

I want MB to play Bennett more, but I also don't want Bennett to develop the bad habits that Kyrie and Dion picked up during their rookie years.

Patience people. We all wanna see him get 30 mins a game but he has to get those fundamentals down first.

This.

DukeDelonte13
02-24-2014, 08:51 AM
and another thing for cavs fans to consider...

Why doesn't MB get credit for AB's improvement throughout the season? Did he not have a very difficult job to do rebuilding that kid's confidence? He played like he was broken.

His defense actually looks not too bad either. Gotta give credit where it's due.

Instead all i just see is "MIKE BROWN'S FAULT"

Uncle Drew
02-24-2014, 09:14 AM
This kid has tremendous potential. I really don't get Mike Brown on this one (welp, I don't get him on anything). AB should be playing at least 25 minutes a night, hell, he should be starting at this point. But all he gets are inconsistent minutes. He had a nice dunk yesterday, something that could get him going; Brown pulls him out.

There's no doubt in my mind Bennett will become a legit 20/10 guy. He has such a rare skillset for this league. So here's hoping our next coach will give him the minutes he needs.

TheMilkyBarKid
02-24-2014, 09:49 AM
This kid has tremendous potential. I really don't get Mike Brown on this one (welp, I don't get him on anything). AB should be playing at least 25 minutes a night, hell, he should be starting at this point. But all he gets are inconsistent minutes. He had a nice dunk yesterday, something that could get him going; Brown pulls him out.

There's no doubt in my mind Bennett will become a legit 20/10 guy. He has such a rare skillset for this league. So here's hoping our next coach will give him the minutes he needs.
I think hr could come out strong next season with a full offseason and preseason to get in peak condition and build up his confidence. People are dismissing the notion of it happening completely but lebron on the cavs would be a threat for 5 years +
All they would need is a good coach who can set a winning environment (im sure lebron would help). Lebron is known to be one of the hardest workers, imagine what he could do with these young talented dudes like kyrie, waiters, tt, bennett if they had something to work towards.

D-FENS
02-24-2014, 10:18 AM

Right, wrong, and wrong.

Mike Brown never coaches again.
Chris Grant never gets a GM gig again.
Anthony fatass Bennett will never be an all-star. Thomas Robinson has more hope

Nick Young
02-24-2014, 10:20 AM

AB is still a pup and, yes, with the kind of minutes he really should be getting right now, he'd be putting up double-doubles pretty much every night. Kid has improved quite a bit. Unfortunately, Mike Brown would rather play Tristan 38 minutes a night for some unknown reason.
The future savior of Cleveland amirite?

After driving Lebron and Kyrie out of town, is this the player Cavs fans will finally rally around?

Done_And_Done
02-24-2014, 10:23 AM

Well aside from being a bit moronic, Mike Brown is faced with the "it's make the playoffs or be unemployed" conundrum so his mindset is geared more towards winning opposed to development. Unfortunately for Cavs fans, he has accomplished little of both for the majority of the year.

DukeDelonte13
02-24-2014, 12:15 PM
Well aside from being a bit moronic, Mike Brown is faced with the "it's make the playoffs or be unemployed" conundrum so his mindset is geared more towards winning opposed to development. Unfortunately for Cavs fans, he has accomplished little of both for the majority of the year.

I'd say AB and dellevadova have been developing pretty nicely. Karasev hasn't gotten any time.

There is no dilemma that mike brown is facing this season it's always been about making the playoffs and everybody knew AB was coming off the bench this season. Also with a new that will be brought in GM MB is a lame duck coach. It doesn't matter if the cavs win out for the remainder of the season, MB is probably done no matter what happens.

Uncle Drew
02-24-2014, 12:20 PM
I'd say AB and dellevadova have been developing pretty nicely. Karasev hasn't gotten any time.

There is no dilemma that mike brown is facing this season it's always been about making the playoffs and everybody knew AB was coming off the bench this season. Also with a new that will be brought in GM MB is a lame duck coach. It doesn't matter if the cavs win out for the remainder of the season, MB is probably done no matter what happens.
Let's assume he is gone after the season. Who should we get? I'm all in for Lionel Hollins.

DukeDelonte13
02-24-2014, 12:51 PM
Let's assume he is gone after the season. Who should we get? I'm all in for Lionel Hollins.

i'm not on the "fire mike brown" bandwagon. Cavs should keep him IMO. I don't wanna see the cavs go the sacremento kings or the detroit pistons route and get a new coach every other season. Stability is important. Contrary to casual NBA fan belief MB is a good coach with a proven track record, and before everyone starts yelling about Lebron and Kobe, his teams were always upper tier rebounding and defensive teams. That's not accomplished by one player. Cavs have been disappointing but they are still really young and it looks like they have been turning the corner and buying in. I think it would be very foolish and very cleveland browns-esqe to get rid of MB after just one season.

But to answer your question it probably depends on the new GM...

I'll tell you i don't want george karl, i think he's ridiculously overrated as well as old and sickly. I just want a defense first coach, and that's not george karl.

I don't know what the deal is with Hollins. So many coaching vacancies last season and he didn't get one. He's practically begging Detroit to pick him up and they could snag him if they want but they don't seem to be pursuing him with any sort of urgency. I think there is stuff going on with him behind the scenes that might turn off a lot of front offices. Just a completely unsupported hunch I have.

NattyPButter
02-24-2014, 12:53 PM

Delly? Lolz you're smoking something. He's a bum and gets killed playing 1 on 1 defense. He can't even make open 3s with his broken ugly shot...have u seen his FG% and his 3pt FG%? Its horrible and don't give me that crap that he hustles. He's worthless and Sergey or even Gee should be getting his mins.

DukeDelonte13
02-24-2014, 01:01 PM
Delly? Lolz you're smoking something. He's a bum and gets killed playing 1 on 1 defense. He can't even make open 3s with his broken ugly shot...have u seen his FG% and his 3pt FG%? Its horrible and don't give me that crap that he hustles. He's worthless and Sergey or even Gee should be getting his mins.

he defends and that's it. It's sad, but he's literally our best perimeter defender. I'm not saying he's good, just pointing him out as an example of a rookie that's been developing and getting decent burn.

Jack, Dion, Kyrie, Karasev, CJ., etc, all can't defend consistently like Delly.

Delly is also the only PG we have that isn't constantly looking for his own shot.

You wanna talk about getting killed on 1 on 1 defense and you want Karasev in there? :oldlol:

Gee can't handle the ball I don't know why you think he can take Delly's minutes.

NattyPButter
02-24-2014, 02:41 PM
he defends and that's it. It's sad, but he's literally our best perimeter defender. I'm not saying he's good, just pointing him out as an example of a rookie that's been developing and getting decent burn.

Jack, Dion, Kyrie, Karasev, CJ., etc, all can't defend consistently like Delly.

Delly is also the only PG we have that isn't constantly looking for his own shot.

You wanna talk about getting killed on 1 on 1 defense and you want Karasev in there? :oldlol:

Gee can't handle the ball I don't know why you think he can take Delly's minutes.

he's not even the best perimeter defender. Gee, Deng, and even Waiters are all better then him. He's only good at fighting over picks and that's it and he hustles. He's been scouted and guards are he can't guard them 1 on 1 so no point in asking for a pick. Karasev played like what 2 games that were actually decent mins of course he looks bad if he hasn't gotton a chance to prove himself instead of rot the bench or D-league. Delly isn't even handling the ball. He's at the top of the key swinging the ball to the next player or bricking wide open 3s that's it.

DukeDelonte13
02-24-2014, 04:23 PM
he's not even the best perimeter defender. Gee, Deng, and even Waiters are all better then him. He's only good at fighting over picks and that's it and he hustles. He's been scouted and guards are he can't guard them 1 on 1 so no point in asking for a pick. Karasev played like what 2 games that were actually decent mins of course he looks bad if he hasn't gotton a chance to prove himself instead of rot the bench or D-league. Delly isn't even handling the ball. He's at the top of the key swinging the ball to the next player or bricking wide open 3s that's it.

yeah Gee is better, but like i said he doesn't bring the ball up the court. Deng is a 6'8 SF, can't really compare him to Delly. I was talking about Delly's D in relation to our other guards. Dion has potential to better than Delly on D if he wants to but he doesn't bring it on a consistent basis. Karasev has barely played but he has been getting a lot of burn down in Canton. If he was really lighting it up down there they'd be using him, but he isn't.

Rubio2Gasol
02-24-2014, 07:14 PM
Cavs fan still defending this pick? :lol

Tristian Thompson
Dion Waiters
Anthony Bennett

Kyrie abandon this ****ing ship please.

RedBlackAttack
02-24-2014, 08:25 PM
Cavs fan still defending this pick? :lol

Tristian Thompson
Dion Waiters
Anthony Bennett

Kyrie abandon this ****ing ship please.
I'd be willing to wager you have never seen Bennett play in your life. Sheeple are funny.

Rubio2Gasol
02-24-2014, 08:51 PM
A couple times, he might be a decent four, one day. My problem is not with him.

It's with the hipster team that tries to be cute taking Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters and Anthony Bennett 5 spots higher than they should go. Damn organization does not deserve another top five pick, but you know they'll get one.

Wasting the draft luck they've had just pisses me off.

RedBlackAttack
02-24-2014, 09:13 PM
A couple times, he might be a decent four, one day. My problem is not with him.

It's with the hipster team that tries to be cute taking Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters and Anthony Bennett 5 spots higher than they should go. Damn organization does not deserve another top five pick, but you know they'll get one.

Wasting the draft luck they've had just pisses me off.
First of all, I wouldn't necessarily say the Cavs have been "lucky." They've gotten some high picks lately, but they also happened to be forced into a complete rebuild during an extremely weak three-year period for drafts.

As for the three guys you mentioned, I didn't see any of them coming on draft day. In 2011, I was hoping that they'd take Valancunias. In 2012, I had my eye on MKG, Beal and Drummond. In 2013, I wanted Noel.

None of Tristan, Dion or AB were even on my radar.

That doesn't mean they were bad picks, though. You look at the 2011 draft, there were some really bad picks at the top. Safe to say Derrick Williams wasn't worth the 2nd pick. Then you had Jan Vesely, Bismack Biyombo, Brandon Knight and Jimmer Fredette all taken in the Top 10.

Tristan has been one of the most productive players in that draft. Whether you liked the pick at the time or not, I don't think that can be viewed as a "bad" or "terrible" pick.

I don't understand anyone who has seen Waiters play recently calling into question that pick. We all know now that Drummond is a beast, but he's the only guy in that draft taken after Dion that I would take over him right now. Maybe Lillard, but he's a PG and that spot was already filled. Watching the Cavs play the last three games without Dion just drives home the point of how much impact he has on games. He's a damn good player.

The jury is still out on AB, but he's very athletically gifted for a guy that size and he has a sweet outside shot. Considering how awful that draft has been and also considering the choice was down to AB or McLemore for that top spot, I'll take AB.

Yes, Grant did go against the grain and, yeah, those picks shocked me as much as anyone. But, none have proven to be "bad" or "terrible" picks as far as I can tell... especially when you consider the guys taken around the players you listed.

The Cavs just happened to get really high picks in three really weak drafts. They hit a homerun on one of the picks (Irving) and, so far, I'd say a double (Waiters) and a couple of singles (Thompson/Bennett). The biggest thing you want to avoid at the top of the draft is a strikeout. I don't see any of these guys being that.

JtotheIzzo
02-24-2014, 10:36 PM
Right, wrong, and wrong.

Mike Brown never coaches again.
Chris Grant never gets a GM gig again.
Anthony fatass Bennett will never be an all-star. Thomas Robinson has more hope

Maybe Grant never works again, but anyone with a passing knowledge of the game can see from the past month that Bennett has a nice future in this league. what's up with you?

Uncle Drew
02-24-2014, 10:47 PM
Maybe Grant never works again, but anyone with a passing knowledge of the game can see from the past month that Bennett has a nice future in this league. what's up with you?
He's living in denial. A few months ago, he was all over Bennett, posting nothing but :roll: smilies over his game. I called him out and basically assured him he would take those words - and smilies - back. Haven't heard him since. I think D-FENS is getting to the point where he won't admit he was wrong. AB is coming, and he's coming hard.

Jameerthefear
02-24-2014, 10:49 PM
did somebody say AB would be a 20/10 player? omg i'm dying

red1
02-24-2014, 11:03 PM
he will be a solid starter

G-train
02-25-2014, 12:14 AM
So tell me why the GM got fired again?
Oh that's right, his 21 year old draftees weren't playing at peak within a couple of seasons.

GILDERP

RedBlackAttack
02-25-2014, 12:45 AM
So tell me why the GM got fired again?
Oh that's right, his 21 year old draftees weren't playing at peak within a couple of seasons.

GILDERP
...because the team was literally falling apart at the time and it was getting ugly. Something had to be done to snap these guys out of it. Unfortunately, it cost Grant his job, but it seemed to work. Even in the recent losses, they have been playing much better and with much more purpose since the move.

Btw, I don't think the firing had anything to do with Grant's drafting ability. Bennett had already started to turn the corner on his horrid start before Grant lost his job. People in Cleveland who watch this team regularly had become much more optimistic about AB prior to the move.

I think it had more to do with the perception that Brown had lost the team already and he was Grant's guy. I always saw it as more of a coaching issue than a personnel issue.