PDA

View Full Version : Why does Kobe demanding a trade in 07 get swept under the rug?

truhooper
02-24-2014, 07:29 PM
"I would like to be traded, yeah," Bryant said on 1050 ESPN Radio in New York. "Tough as it is to come to that conclusion there's no other alternative, you know?"

Bryant, interviewed by Stephen A. Smith, was asked if there was anything the Lakers could do to change his mind?

"No," Bryant said. "I just want them to do the right thing."

(You can listen to the whole thing. He leaves little doubt. He says he wants to be traded both because he has been lied to and because he isn't confident in their ability to surround him with appropriate talent.)

At the end of the show, Stephen A. Smith asks: "Is there ANYTHING the Los Angeles Lakers can do to get you to remain with the organization?"

And Bryant responds: "No, bro."

I've seen people talk about how loyal Duncan ( :applause: ) Dirk (:applause: ) & Kobe (:biggums: ) are to their original teams, yet Kobe was ready to quit on the Lakers.

SamuraiSWISH
02-24-2014, 07:32 PM
He wanted to play on Pluto before "coming back to LA".

Kobe almost went to the Clippers, or Chicago in his 2004 free agency. Then was demanding to be traded to Chicago in the summer of 2007. He complained about the Lakers one every sports talk radio show that summer.

Kobe's never been about being loyal, he's about doing what is best for Kobe by all means necessary.

See his current contract that could've been used to add pieces to compete for championships.

navy
02-24-2014, 07:35 PM
Loyalty doesnt exist in business.

SilkkTheShocker
02-24-2014, 07:38 PM
Not even just the trade demand. What about him snitching?

Rose'sACL
02-24-2014, 07:38 PM
duncan won in second year after entering the league although i think he would have stayed in SA regardless. Guys like duncan and dirk want to win but they see life differently as compared to guys like lebron and kobe.
Dirk also said in his interview with grantland a few days back that he might have left if they didn't win in 2011.
These sports fans who expect loyalty from players and not owners are the same people who bitch about rich getting away with shit a normal person would not be able to. they also bitch about how their boss is making their job harder and not paying them enough.

Lamar Odumbb
02-24-2014, 07:41 PM
Kuphack promised Kobe he would build a good team around him and the best he could do was Kwame Brown, Luke Walton, Smush Parker, and Chris Mihm.

Lakers wasted Kobe's prime years from 2005-2007 with garbage players.

navy
02-24-2014, 07:42 PM
duncan won in second year after entering the league although i think he would have stayed in SA regardless. Guys like duncan and dirk want to win but they see life differently as compared to guys like lebron and kobe.
Dirk also said in his interview with grantland a few days back that he might have left if they didn't win in 2011.
These sports fans who expect loyalty from players and not owners are the same people who bitch about rich getting away with shit a normal person would not be able to. they also bitch about how their boss is making their job harder and not paying them enough.
Duncan was constantly in winning positions. If the Spurs were full of scrubs he would have left. Dirk as well.

Rose'sACL
02-24-2014, 07:45 PM
Duncan was constantly in winning positions. If the Spurs were full of scrubs he would have left. Dirk as well.
the thing is that unless he was drafted by some idiot owner like dolan, it is very easy to create a good team around duncan.
duncan would not have left if he was reaching 2nd round or conference finals in most years which is not hard to do if you give good shooters around duncan and guys who don't turn the ball over a lot when trying to pass to him inside.

Lamar Odumbb
02-24-2014, 07:47 PM
Not even just the trade demand. What about him snitching?

Kobe apparently told the detective it in a matter of fact respone like ' damn i shouldve paid for my chicks like Shaq." The detective aired out Kobe by giving details of Kobe's questioning which shouldve been kept secret. For instance, if you and your friend say, " Damn I think Jeff is chetaing on his chick, are you snitching ? But if your friend started telling everyone what you said, are your a snitch for discussing that Jeff might be cheating.

Snitching is when you tell the wife her dude is cheating which Kobe didnt do.

That said, what Kobe did with Malone was bad. If the dude is calling your wife, be a man and confront him man to man and not in the media.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-24-2014, 07:48 PM
Reading that gave me cancer.

Prometheus
02-24-2014, 07:48 PM
Who is "Kobe"? I've never heard of him.

Lamar Odumbb
02-24-2014, 08:00 PM
"I would like to be traded, yeah," Bryant said on 1050 ESPN Radio in New York. "Tough as it is to come to that conclusion there's no other alternative, you know?"

Bryant, interviewed by Stephen A. Smith, was asked if there was anything the Lakers could do to change his mind?

"No," Bryant said. "I just want them to do the right thing."

(You can listen to the whole thing. He leaves little doubt. He says he wants to be traded both because he has been lied to and because he isn't confident in their ability to surround him with appropriate talent.)

At the end of the show, Stephen A. Smith asks: "Is there ANYTHING the Los Angeles Lakers can do to get you to remain with the organization?"

And Bryant responds: "No, bro."

I've seen people talk about how loyal Duncan ( :applause: ) Dirk (:applause: ) & Kobe (:biggums: ) are to their original teams, yet Kobe was ready to quit on the Lakers.

You think Duncan would be happy with Kwame, Smush, and Luke Walton.

Duncan had Sean Elliot who was replaced with Bruce Bowen.
Duncan had Avery Johnson who was replaced with Tony Parker
Mario Elie replaced by Manu Ginobili

The only downgrade Spurs had in Duncans tenure was at Center when Robinson was replaced by endless bums.

Kobe had Derek Fisher and Brian Shaw replaced with Smush Parker and Von Wafer
Kobe had Horace Grant and Robert Horry replaced with Kwame Brown and Brian Cook.
Kobe had Shaq who was replaced with Chris Mihm.
Kobe had Rick Fox replaced by Luke Walton

Lakers downgraded in every position from 2005-2007 until Kobe had enough and called out Kupchack.

HOoopCityJones
02-24-2014, 08:01 PM
ISH, where they spend 80% of the time trying to disprove Kobe's legacy.

And 100% to circle jerking Lebron.

Yao Ming's Foot
02-24-2014, 08:21 PM
Because he played his ass off from Day 1 of practice when the actual season started... :confusedshrug:

SpecialQue
02-24-2014, 08:23 PM
He forced management to get better players to back him up, stuck with his team, and brought three trips to the finals and two championships.

I don't know why that's worse than, say, promising your city a championship and then bolting to another player's team.

EDIT: By the way, I see you've been here since 2011. I know you're being a dipshit troll, but this gets brought up all the fvcking time by retards trying to knock down Kobe. If Lebron did the same thing to Cleveland but stayed with his team, you'd be slurping his balls and talking about how great he is for forcing his team to get quality players around him.

Black and White
02-24-2014, 08:25 PM
He was clearly putting Laker management under the pump, forcing them to make a move.

Heisenberg
02-24-2014, 08:25 PM
Didn't lebron said before that he wont leave Cleveland without a title? Where is he now?

Yao Ming's Foot
02-24-2014, 08:26 PM
He forced management to get better players to back him up, stuck with his team, and brought three trips to the finals and two championships.

I don't know why that's worse than, say, promising your city a championship and then bolting to another player's team.

Pretty much the greatest trade demand outcome of all time, but why aren't you mad at him Lakers fans?!?

:roll:

MichaelCorleone
02-24-2014, 08:35 PM
Kobe stans tend to have short term memory in regards to their hero.

8pt game 5 finals anyone?

YouGotServed
02-24-2014, 08:38 PM
-single handedly cost the Lakers the title in 04
-Runs Shaq out of town then bitches and asks for a trade because his team is shitty
-snitches on the teammate responsible for L.A's 1st 3 rings
-raped a woman
-crippled the Lakers future by signing a 44M$ contract extension
-throws a hissy fit and demands even more money

:applause: Why can't every player be like Kobe? Dat leadership

#loyalty #lakerscorazon

MichaelCorleone
02-24-2014, 08:40 PM
-Runs Shaq out of town then bitches and asks for a trade because his team is shitty
-raped a woman

#loyalty #lakerscorazon
Add this to his accomplishments:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=325906

Lamar Odumbb
02-24-2014, 08:44 PM
-raped a woman

#loyalty #lakerscorazon

Shaq told Jery Buss, pay me mother****er on live tv. He kept screaming that the whole game because I watched it on tv and they didnt bleep Shaq.

Youre lucky Kobe isnt letigious and controls his image as much as Jordan or he would sue you for slander. Courtney Love was sued for slander over the internet. She won on a technicality but you arent even saying allegedly.

gts
02-24-2014, 08:49 PM
Shaq told Jery Buss, pay me mother****er on live tv. He kept screaming that the whole game because I watched it on tv and they didnt bleep Shaq.

You're talking to an idiot/troll who just makes stuff up.. not worth your time

SpecialQue
02-24-2014, 08:54 PM
You're talking to an idiot/troll who just makes stuff up.. not worth your time

Exactly. I really wish people would stop responding to these idiots. All it does is make them want to continue posting.

YouGotServed
02-24-2014, 08:55 PM
Everything I said is a fact. Go ahead and call names like an immature 15 year old tho. Shows what kind of person you are.

Black and White
02-24-2014, 08:55 PM
-raped a woman

#loyalty #lakerscorazon

You back from being banned? Do you want to go back?

russwest0
02-24-2014, 08:58 PM
Holding your organization to high standards is a bad thing?

K. I'm sure the Lakers management are upset with the 5 rings.

YouGotServed
02-24-2014, 09:03 PM
You back from being banned? Do you want to go back?

Rent free. Why you all on my dick?

MichaelCorleone
02-24-2014, 09:04 PM
Holding your organization to high standards is a bad thing?

K. I'm sure the Lakers management are upset with the 5 rings.
ripthekik at some point you have got to make a choice between Durant's schlong and Kobe's. I know it's a difficult time for you, hang in there buddy.

Lamar Odumbb
02-24-2014, 09:13 PM
Exactly. I really wish people would stop responding to these idiots. All it does is make them want to continue posting.

I dont post much. This place used to be great a few years ago or even a few months ago but its turned into E.S.P enn old NBA board full of trolls.

gts
02-24-2014, 09:34 PM
I dont post much. This place used to be great a few years ago or even a few months ago but its turned into E.S.P enn old NBA board full of trolls.
just put them on ignore.. only time you see their nonsense is when somebody else quotes them

K.Koscik
02-24-2014, 10:30 PM

Kobe almost went to the Clippers, or Chicago in his 2004 free agency. Then was demanding to be traded to Chicago in the summer of 2007. He complained about the Lakers one every sports talk radio show that summer.

Kobe's never been about being loyal, he's about doing what is best for Kobe by all means necessary.

See his current contract that could've been used to add pieces to compete for championships.

To say Kobe was not loyal is downright wrong. I don't know if there has been a player more loyal to an owner than Kobe to Jerry Buss. People talk about Phil Jackson molding Bryant but Dr. Buss was Kobe's guardian angel in this league.

When he was 17, Buss is said to have largely impacted the Divac trade for the Kobe draft pick.

Despite Kobe's image issues, rape case, and overwhelming self confidence, Buss was never willing to give up on him.

According to this article by Wojnarowski, (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kobe-bryant-passed-on-trade-after-this-lesson-from-jerry-buss--it-s-good-to-be-a-laker-for-life-002209469.html) at the peak of the trade demand mania, Buss invited Bryant to his home and gave him the option to go to Detroit. The article claims that Bryant was given the dilemma, thought about it shortly, and decided to stay with the Lakers because of his ties to Jerry Buss.

Kobe says in this article (http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2013/02/20/kobe-bryant-credits-jerry-buss-for-convincing-him-to-stay-with-lakers/) Dr. Buss made him realize his faith in him and convinced him to say. Buss preached patience to Kobe and his confidence in his plan never faltered. All of a sudden, the Lakers have the best record in the west, Gasol is swapped for Kwame Brown, and Bynum became a formidable player - a player cherry picked by Buss as well. Kobe came into that season as a different player mentally and the Lakers enjoyed 3 consecutive Finals.

Kobe used his form of leverage to get better teammates, but in the end it was just the words of Buss that convinced Kobe to resign to a team that was the same as the beginning of the off season.

Magic731
02-24-2014, 10:40 PM
ripthekik at some point you have got to make a choice between Durant's schlong and Kobe's. I know it's a difficult time for you, hang in there buddy.
Why don't you choose between Dragic and Lebron?

MichaelCorleone
02-24-2014, 10:43 PM
Why don't you choose between Dragic and Lebron?
Already made that choice, I'd go with Dragic. On the court, and off....

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9583321&postcount=15

Hoopz2332
08-18-2014, 06:04 PM

This is the thing Kobe and his followers are forgetting with their revisionist history. Bragging about him never leaving the lakers when we know damn well dude wanted out and if not for being gifted Gasol and becoming stacked (celtics and lakers started the trend for big 3's in the current era), he would have been playing on another team.

riseagainst
08-18-2014, 06:08 PM
bumper is a f.a.g..got.

dubeta
08-18-2014, 06:09 PM
Kobe's narcissist personality is already well known around here so it doesn't surprise us when he does stuff like this

Hoopz2332
08-18-2014, 06:10 PM
bumper is a f.a.g..got.

u :mad:?

riseagainst
08-18-2014, 06:11 PM
u :mad:?

no. But you are definitely very sensitive on this issue since you were scrolling back dozens of pages to look for a thread to bump.

Hoopz2332
08-18-2014, 06:14 PM
no. But you are definitely very sensitive on this issue since you were scrolling back dozens of pages to look for a thread to bump.

Gotta keep revisionists in check:yaohappy:

Inferno
08-18-2014, 06:27 PM
Already made that choice, I'd go with Dragic. On the court, and off....

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9583321&postcount=15

:biggums:

Hey Yo
08-18-2014, 06:32 PM
Because he played his ass off from Day 1 of practice when the actual season started... :confusedshrug:
He waffled on being traded. First he said he did, then he didn't, then wanted to be traded again. Then nothing was heard about it again.

Good possibility that the Gasol trade was already in place before the season even started, which made Kobe shut up.

JT123
08-18-2014, 06:36 PM
The bigger question is, why is Kobe RAPING a girl being swept under the rug?
But in all seriousness, everything that is negative about Kobe gets swept under the rug. Nobody ever brings up his epic choke job against Phoenix in 2006, his sweep at the hands of Dirk in 2011, or him literally choking away 2 playoff games against the Thunder in 2012. :facepalm
He and D Wade have to be the most protected "superstars" since Michael Jordan.

wakencdukest
08-19-2014, 12:26 AM
With all players that have demanded trades in the last ten years, does anyone really give a shit any more?

Brokenbeat
08-19-2014, 12:48 AM

That's because the mods let the gimp back out of his box.

Droid101
08-19-2014, 12:49 AM
To say Kobe was not loyal is downright wrong. I don't know if there has been a player more loyal to an owner than Kobe to Jerry Buss. People talk about Phil Jackson molding Bryant but Dr. Buss was Kobe's guardian angel in this league.

When he was 17, Buss is said to have largely impacted the Divac trade for the Kobe draft pick.

Despite Kobe's image issues, rape case, and overwhelming self confidence, Buss was never willing to give up on him.

According to this article by Wojnarowski, (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kobe-bryant-passed-on-trade-after-this-lesson-from-jerry-buss--it-s-good-to-be-a-laker-for-life-002209469.html) at the peak of the trade demand mania, Buss invited Bryant to his home and gave him the option to go to Detroit. The article claims that Bryant was given the dilemma, thought about it shortly, and decided to stay with the Lakers because of his ties to Jerry Buss.

Kobe says in this article (http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2013/02/20/kobe-bryant-credits-jerry-buss-for-convincing-him-to-stay-with-lakers/) Dr. Buss made him realize his faith in him and convinced him to say. Buss preached patience to Kobe and his confidence in his plan never faltered. All of a sudden, the Lakers have the best record in the west, Gasol is swapped for Kwame Brown, and Bynum became a formidable player - a player cherry picked by Buss as well. Kobe came into that season as a different player mentally and the Lakers enjoyed 3 consecutive Finals.

Kobe used his form of leverage to get better teammates, but in the end it was just the words of Buss that convinced Kobe to resign to a team that was the same as the beginning of the off season.
Since the trolls are ignoring this, I'll repost.

RRR3
08-19-2014, 04:02 AM
Didn't lebron said before that he wont leave Cleveland without a title? Where is he now?
Cleveland

SpanishACB
08-19-2014, 05:05 AM
Loyalty doesnt exist in business.

Yes it does. There's even pay bonuses associated.

You'll eventually realize when you mature into the real world son.

sportjames23
08-19-2014, 06:49 AM

Cleveland

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: