PDA

View Full Version : Sixers buyout Danny Granger

DuMa
02-24-2014, 08:44 PM
Jake Pavorsky
‏@JakePavorsky
The Sixers will indeed buyout Danny Granger, per source.

BOY I wish my team was on the phone trying to get Danny Granger....

Le Shaqtus
02-24-2014, 08:45 PM
Pat Riley is gonna do work

Peteballa
02-24-2014, 08:45 PM
http://thesportsfanjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/nba_g_riley_sy_576.jpg

MichaelCorleone
02-24-2014, 08:46 PM
Do it Riley!

HylianNightmare
02-24-2014, 08:49 PM
Spurs

Nash
02-24-2014, 08:50 PM
He'll go to the Clippers

-they have weak SF's
-He hates Miami, they hate him.. too much drama
-he'll get less playing time with Miami behind Lebron, Battier and has to fight it out with Beasley

CelticBaller
02-24-2014, 08:51 PM
Is he good? Can Miami get him?

K Xerxes
02-24-2014, 08:51 PM
He goes to the Heat and imagine the ECF battle. Literally the most stacked perimeter team vs the most stacked big man team. :oldlol:

qrich
02-24-2014, 08:52 PM
Welcome to Los Angeles Mr. Granger

Welcome back to the bench mob Mr. Barnes.

Just need JJ healthy and Collison-Craw-Barnes-Big Baby will be unleashed.

leMVP
If the clippers got him, oh boy oh boy watch out for the 5th real contender.

Miami don't need granger, He was punked enough in 2012 EC sf.

DuMa

this is almost meme-worthy

dab0yech0
Clippers are best fit for him. Jared Dudley has fallen so far out of the rotation that when Matt Barnes sprained both his ankles in yesterday's game, Doc Rivers let him hobble around and guard KD instead of putting in Dudley.

MichaelCorleone
02-24-2014, 08:53 PM
God Riley gonna make him an offer he can't refuse.

6-peat confirmed.

leMVP
02-24-2014, 08:55 PM
Lebron isn't Kobe, No way he's gonna play with a player he had bad history with.

No way he's going to Miami also.

tmacattack33
02-24-2014, 08:56 PM
The Clippers make the most sense. Their current starting SF (Jared Dudley) is playing terribly.

DuMa
02-24-2014, 08:57 PM
Lebron isn't Kobe, No way he's gonna play with a player he had bad history with.

No way he's going to Miami also.

what is this bad history you're referring to? Granger just had a little heated moment in a heated playoff series. Aint nothing about it to prevent a future collaboration.

MichaelCorleone
02-24-2014, 09:00 PM
Lebron can play with Granger and Noah no problem. He's THAT GOOD OF A TEAMMATE. GOAT team player, GOAT chemistry.

NumberSix
02-24-2014, 09:01 PM
Is it possible for me to be a huge hypocrite and go from hating Granger to become a Granger fan?

http://media.tumblr.com/8086181f2e5d07280c85c0fa2ebe862e/tumblr_inline_mmyrlwGDzl1rf5auz.gif

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
02-24-2014, 09:31 PM
Jake Pavorsky
‏@JakePavorsky
The Sixers will indeed buyout Danny Granger, per source.

BOY I wish my team was on the phone trying to get Danny Granger....

embarrassing.

lets see:

Hawes traded for Earl Clark + 2 2nd picks = Clark Waived
Granger traded for Evan Turner + 2nd pick = granger waives

Teams like 76'ers need to be spanked and removed from lottery because of behavior like this

avonbarksdale
02-24-2014, 09:33 PM
i literally don't understand the point of this trade, they really couldn't get a draft pick for him? like even a 2nd from anyone

TMT
02-24-2014, 09:33 PM
Dear basketball gods, please let Danny Granger hate the Heat enough to sign with the Spurs. Amen.

Milbuck
02-24-2014, 09:34 PM
Shoulda kept him, Sixers are getting penetrated hard by my Bucks tonight :roll: :roll:

ILLsmak
02-24-2014, 09:38 PM
this is almost meme-worthy

Just because it doesn't have a recognizable picture with the words written on it doesn't mean it's not a meme.

It's a bball meme. And funny because it's minimalist and says so many things.

-Smak

KG215
02-24-2014, 09:40 PM
Yeah, you know you suck when you get blown out by the Bucks. Seriously, though, the 76ers current roster has to be in the discussion for the worst ever.

chocolatethunder
02-24-2014, 10:52 PM
Dear basketball gods, please let Danny Granger hate the Heat enough to sign with the Spurs. Amen.
Does anyone realize that he sucks? He has a degenerative knee condition. It's not going to improve. He was good for a few years but those days are in the rearview mirror. It's not his fault but that's the reality. He's not going to help any team he goes to.

kells333
02-24-2014, 11:12 PM
Russell reggie fish
Thabo lamb
Durant granger roberson
Serge collison pj3
Perkins adams

And a small lineup with granger in there for perkins! I like the look of this

kells333
02-24-2014, 11:14 PM
Does anyone realize that he sucks? He has a degenerative knee condition. It's not going to improve. He was good for a few years but those days are in the rearview mirror. It's not his fault but that's the reality. He's not going to help any team he goes to.

Yeah but hell help any team he goes to in the 2k

plowking
02-24-2014, 11:25 PM
Yeah, you know you suck when you get blown out by the Bucks. Seriously, though, the 76ers current roster has to be in the discussion for the worst ever.

Disagree, nor is it close IMO.

I think their team is quite young and talented, and would put on a far better showing if they had a superstar in the midst of all of it.

Thad Young is a great player. Tony Wroten is a great guy off the bench. MCW is a starting caliber player.

They have plenty of talented young pieces who are going to grow into something decent. Look at something like the 07-08 Heat team. A bunch of D-League players, no one with a bright future, and no young talent to develop, along with the superstar player being injured.

HarryCallahan
02-24-2014, 11:33 PM
If Danny Grangers signs for the Spurs I will suck his dick.

no homo.

MichaelCorleone
02-24-2014, 11:42 PM
If Danny Grangers signs for the Spurs I will suck his dick.

yes homo.
No you won't.:rolleyes:

Kingwillball
02-24-2014, 11:44 PM
Heat fans Caron Butler or Granger ?

HarryCallahan
02-24-2014, 11:45 PM
No you won't.:rolleyes:

You're right, i'll suck your dick, while I jack off.

no homo

Fiasco
02-25-2014, 12:01 AM
Welcome to LAC.

MichaelCorleone
02-25-2014, 12:02 AM
Welcome to the Miami Heat. We need a 4th Heatles.

Kiddlovesnets
02-25-2014, 12:04 AM
Nets here he comes. ^^

MichaelCorleone
02-25-2014, 12:19 AM
Nets here he comes. ^^
:roll: :facepalm

Ramiah
02-25-2014, 12:20 AM
I can't believe these fools...Why not keep Danny??? My team should tanking like fck...

SilkkTheShocker
02-25-2014, 12:24 AM
what is this bad history you're referring to? Granger just had a little heated moment in a heated playoff series. Aint nothing about it to prevent a future collaboration.
They haven't like each other since Lebron's Cleveland days.

TMT
02-25-2014, 12:35 AM

I think going this far is a bit of a stretch. For a team that is in need of a backup SF for no more than 10-15 minutes off the bench, he could be quite an asset. That's essentially what Miami and San Antonio would need him for. The Clippers would probably be the team that wants the most out of him.

Embers
02-25-2014, 12:40 AM
I think he should go to San Antonio. They need another SF and I think Pop can help turn his career around

Darius
02-25-2014, 12:53 AM
He's got his off-season house in LA

gin17
02-25-2014, 01:13 AM
Is it possible for me to be a huge hypocrite and go from hating Granger to become a Granger fan?

it's entirely possible to make a huge shift. you're a bandwagoner, what else can we expect

Milbuck
02-25-2014, 01:14 AM
Heat fans Caron Butler or Granger ?
Please take Buttlicker.

kamil
02-25-2014, 01:53 AM

So that LeBron* can get another 'Given, Not Earned' t-shirt?

BlackVVaves
02-25-2014, 02:02 AM
The Sixers and Bucks - in all their acquired "talent" - and personnel transactions that ultimately led to the dispatching of their roster, have illustrated a distinct pattern of behavior that easily resembles a organization shamelessly decomposing for the prospects of a top 3 lottery pick.

Actions like these deserve the basketball "gods" to bounce the lottery balls in another direction come the summer. For instance - as incompetent as the Kings have proven to be over the last 7 years, you can't say they haven't at least tried to accumulate individual talent. Their problem is, they just have no structure over there. So, subsequently, they continuously suck. But, the Sixers and Bucks have recently been in the playoffs. And, they were young. They decided to blow it all up prematurely rather than risk seeing their ceiling set tremendously low (though the Bynum debacle admittedly accelerated this process for Philly).

I'm not saying they're wrong for making that assessment, but damn, have some dignity out there. Some of their "competitive spirit" in some of these games is embarassingly unfounded. And, it's like that way by design.

chocolatethunder
02-25-2014, 02:05 AM
I think going this far is a bit of a stretch. For a team that is in need of a backup SF for no more than 10-15 minutes off the bench, he could be quite an asset. That's essentially what Miami and San Antonio would need him for. The Clippers would probably be the team that wants the most out of him.
How so? What can he give you? He was averaging 22 min a game this year in the games he played in. He was shooting 36% from the floor and averaging 8pts and 3boards. So if you cut his minutes to 10-15 then what should you expect? 6 pts? This is Danny Granger not Magic Johnson. He's not known as a facilitator, he's known as a scorer. That's nothing to be ashamed of but you have to be realistic about a guy w a degenerative knee problem shooting 36%. It's not his fault that he got injured and I'm not taking anything away from him but this is the reality now. He's not going to get better than he is.

All Net
02-25-2014, 02:18 AM
Clips have a legit need for Granger, Miami don't really..just helps mentally vs Indy.

TMT
02-25-2014, 02:32 AM
How so? What can he give you? He was averaging 22 min a game this year in the games he played in. He was shooting 36% from the floor and averaging 8pts and 3boards. So if you cut his minutes to 10-15 then what should you expect? 6 pts? This is Danny Granger not Magic Johnson. He's not known as a facilitator, he's known as a scorer. That's nothing to be ashamed of but you have to be realistic about a guy w a degenerative knee problem shooting 36%. It's not his fault that he got injured and I'm not taking anything away from him but this is the reality now. He's not going to get better than he is.

I'm not going to sit here and act like I've watched the guy a whole lot lately. But none of these teams are going to put the ball in Granger's hands and say, "ok, it's the playoffs go make plays now". In systems like Miami and San Antonio the guy will legitimately just have to hit open shots and grab a board here or there. Anything on top of that would be straight gravy.

Even with these knee problems, the guy is still as good if not better than two other buyout candidate small forwards in Earl Clark and Metta World Peace.

Kiddlovesnets
02-25-2014, 02:51 AM
:roll: :facepalm

Whats the problem with you? Hes not gonna play with Goran Dragic lol.
:lol

Thunderfan86
02-25-2014, 02:51 AM
I'm not going to sit here and act like I've watched the guy a whole lot lately. But none of these teams are going to put the ball in Granger's hands and say, "ok, it's the playoffs go make plays now". In systems like Miami and San Antonio the guy will legitimately just have to hit open shots and grab a board here or there. Anything on top of that would be straight gravy.

Even with these knee problems, the guy is still as good if not better than two other buyout candidate small forwards in Earl Clark and Metta World Peace.
Who do you think OKC should get?

wally_world
02-25-2014, 04:23 AM
I wouldn't mind him on OKC. Low risk high reward move.

plowking
02-25-2014, 04:54 AM
Clips have a legit need for Granger, Miami don't really..just helps mentally vs Indy.

We have a huge need for Granger. Dude can easily play SG in our type of system, and get plenty of burn at SF with Bron playing PG or PF.

Especially with Allen being flat out terrible this year, if he can come in, get his legs under him, and get his shot back, hes a huge plus.

All Net
02-25-2014, 05:00 AM
We have a huge need for Granger. Dude can easily play SG in our type of system, and get plenty of burn at SF with Bron playing PG or PF.

Especially with Allen being flat out terrible this year, if he can come in, get his legs under him, and get his shot back, hes a huge plus.

I didn't think there would be a need due to even beasley being out the rotation.

East_Stone_Ya
02-25-2014, 05:09 AM
good for sixers

alenleomessi
02-25-2014, 09:13 AM
you guys forget that this is not 2008 and he is absolutely shit

BlackWhiteGreen
02-25-2014, 09:15 AM
you guys forget that this is not 2008 and he is absolutely shit

:oldlol:

Mr Exlax
02-25-2014, 09:42 AM
Yeah but hell help any team he goes to in the 2k

This

3peated
02-25-2014, 09:45 AM
spurs bro. best in the west

also, similarly small market team

TMT
02-26-2014, 11:39 AM
Jake Fischer @JakeLFischer
Anticipating a buyout from the Sixers, Danny Granger's camp views San Antonio as the small forward's top choice to sign with, per source.

Not sure how viable this is, but I'll post it for whatever it's worth.
A lot of other sources claim the battle for Granger is between San Antonio and the Clippers, with Houston getting into the mix. He would be a solid addition for any of these squads.

Marcus Thornton
02-26-2014, 12:50 PM
He'll probably flame out like Richard Jefferson did.

TMT
02-26-2014, 01:12 PM
He'll probably flame out like Richard Jefferson did.

No way the expectations would be nearly as high. We just haven't had a backup SF since the Stephen Jackson dilemma prior to last playoffs.