02-25-2014, 11:03 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhUSfBEIEAAlRN1.jpg

:coleman:

fos
02-25-2014, 11:08 AM
You can't coach that.

Eric Cartman
02-25-2014, 11:10 AM
If you see the play it was good defense he was trying to knock the ball out. But when Dirk rose up since it's impossible to block the shot or contest he backed of for the fear of being called for a foul.

livinglegend
02-25-2014, 11:11 AM
http://scm-l3.technorati.com/10/08/23/16797/antoine-walker.jpg

tmacattack33
02-25-2014, 11:14 AM
He was obviously making sure there was no foul called on him.

...and I hate Melo. You can probably find about 50 posts I have talking smack about him.

hitmanyr2k
02-25-2014, 11:15 AM
That's where a defender like Bruce Bowen is handy :oldlol:

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/182357/BruceBowenBlocksDirk_medium.jpg

chazzy
02-25-2014, 11:15 AM
Op is a propaganda machine

Foster5k
02-25-2014, 11:16 AM

Obviously, Melo was thinking about some Cheerios.

dr.hee
02-25-2014, 11:17 AM
http://s7.directupload.net/images/140225/4doqudpz.png

Teanett
02-25-2014, 11:18 AM
melo did well given he shouldnt have been guarding dirk in the first place.
the only knock is that they let him catch the rock straight up right around the free throw line. terrible game plan by woodson as usual.

Hoopz2332
02-25-2014, 11:18 AM

:oldlol:

bigt
02-25-2014, 11:20 AM

In all fairness to Melo though he was playing Dirk pretty tight, the issue is he's not going to be able to stop Dirk from getting that shot up without fouling him, which would be the worst thing he could have done. The shot ended up being pretty ugly, but Dirk's gonna Dirk

dr.hee
02-25-2014, 11:21 AM

In all fairness to Melo though he was playing Dirk pretty tight, the issue is he's not going to be able to stop Dirk from getting that shot up without fouling him, which would be the worst thing he could have done. The shot ended up being pretty ugly, but Dirk's gonna Dirk

I know, he actually played solid defense and reached for the ball in the moment Dirk pulled up. But someone had to do this. Too obvious.

2swift4u
02-25-2014, 11:23 AM
what was he supposed to do? You most likely can't block a jumpshot from a 7' tall guy anyway. so it's best to make him work for the shot but then keep your arms away to at least not get called for a foul. It was a lucky bounce too...

AnaheimLakers24
02-25-2014, 11:24 AM
melo is garbage and the biggest retard if he stays in ny which he will

Foster5k
02-25-2014, 11:25 AM
Melo going to sleep on D? No surprise there. :D

Leftimage
02-25-2014, 11:29 AM
what was he supposed to do? You most likely can't block a jumpshot from a 7' tall guy anyway. so it's best to make him work for the shot but then keep your arms away to at least not get called for a foul. It was a lucky bounce too...

I get it but you're implying there is no value to ''geting in a player's face'' when he shoots.

Carmelo put in a good defensive ''effort'', but I wouldn't call it a sound or technically brilliant sequence, that's for sure.

dr.hee
02-25-2014, 11:30 AM
Melo going to sleep on D? No surprise there. :D

He actually played it well. Contesting the shot would've meant freethrows, and if Dirk doesn't hit, Melo gets props for "shutting him down". You just can't allow Dirk to get good position in the first place. He got the lucky bounce this time, but he's been draining shots like that for more than a decade now. Once he catches it in the high post, you can't do much. Melo's effort wasn't so bad.

strifed169
02-25-2014, 11:59 AM
LOL

Teanett
02-25-2014, 12:01 PM
dirk vs melo (via Leftimage)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9ezrpoCKI1r61nfto1_500.gif

sportjames23
02-25-2014, 12:07 PM
http://scm-l3.technorati.com/10/08/23/16797/antoine-walker.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m983iyx31h1qe1x8qo1_400.gif

IncarceratedBob
02-25-2014, 01:02 PM
If he's garbage then he should stay. NYK will offer the most money

Milbuck
02-25-2014, 01:03 PM
:facepalm Watch the entire ****ing play...

Seriously, you'd think Melo was Steve Francis or Starbury with the way he's talked about here.

imdaman99
02-25-2014, 01:15 PM
Melo played him tough, fckin retards of ish. There are too many 14 year old trolls on ISH nowadays :facepalm

navy
02-25-2014, 01:16 PM
Melo played good defense.

kentatm
02-25-2014, 01:20 PM
:facepalm Watch the entire ****ing play...

Seriously, you'd think Melo was Steve Francis or Starbury with the way he's talked about here.

True

Melo is much worse b/c he arrogantly forced his way off a much better Denver squad and caused NY to gut themselves in the process. :lol

Crown&Coke
02-25-2014, 02:10 PM
he should have pushed Dirk off his spot first of all, that was his biggest error. Someone needs to tell him that coming out of the huddle. Melo isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to defense.

But he played him fairly well after teh catch, I would have liked him to stick his arms straight up in the air rather than snap them back down to avoid the foul. Greater chance you get him on the way down while Dirk is going up.

But Dirk has probably made that same shot at that exact spot a billion times in his life. you have to push him farther out prior to the catch.

Hell of an ending to the game though, fun game to watch

LeGOAT
02-25-2014, 02:13 PM
Yea I don't understand what Melo was doing. He keep pestering Dirk, trying to swat at the ball but then just gave him an uncontested shot

russwest0
02-25-2014, 02:19 PM
what was he supposed to do?

Howabout not be a dumbass and start swiping at the ball with both hands leaving Dirk to rise up for the jumper with Melo choosing to put his hands behind his back instead of attempting to contest it :oldlol:

It was moronic defense.

KyleKong
02-25-2014, 02:20 PM

kentatm
02-25-2014, 02:25 PM
he should have pushed Dirk off his spot first of all, that was his biggest error. Someone needs to tell him that coming out of the huddle. Melo isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to defense.

that wasn't where Dirk likes to get the ball.

he usually wants it about 5 feet further in and 5 over to the left.

Crown&Coke
02-25-2014, 02:33 PM
that wasn't where Dirk likes to get the ball.

he usually wants it about 5 feet further in and 5 over to the left.

Dirk was at the top of the key in the middle of the court. That's the last place I want him to catch the ball with 9 seconds left. Where can you bring a double from and not get burned?

Truth be told I'm bringing a double and making him pass

kentatm
02-25-2014, 02:37 PM
Dirk was at the top of the key in the middle of the court. That's the last place I want him to catch the ball with 9 seconds left. Where can you bring a double from and not get burned?

Truth be told I'm bringing a double and making him pass

that doesnt really matter though

that isnt where Dirk likes the ball and isnt where he makes most of his best plays from.

He usually gets it deeper in, pumps fakes the defender and goes right for the pull up at about the FT line.

He rarely gets the ball up that high and when he does its almost always part of a P&R.

kNicKz
02-25-2014, 02:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY0oQYVgvj4

Pretty obvious who doesn't even watch the games.

If Melo puts his arms up he's not getting ball, dirk is kind of 7 feet tall. He's either shooting FT's for the victory or getting the And 1. He played solid D on him, the roll went Dirk's way. That's why he's Dirk....

Teanett
02-25-2014, 02:52 PM

that isnt where Dirk likes the ball and isnt where he makes most of his best plays from.

He usually gets it deeper in, pumps fakes the defender and goes right for the pull up at about the FT line.

He rarely gets the ball up that high and when he does its almost always part of a P&R.

because no defense is stupid enough to let him catch it top of the key guarded by a small forward.

inclinerator
02-25-2014, 02:55 PM
melo got distracted by a taco cart

kNicKz
02-25-2014, 02:57 PM
melo got distracted by a taco cart

2.5/10

Twiens
02-25-2014, 03:00 PM
People just love to hate on Melo. Pretty good D, Dirk's just a beast.

kentatm
02-25-2014, 03:01 PM
because no defense is stupid enough to let him catch it top of the key guarded by a small forward.

No, its because that isn't where Dirk likes to operate from thus he hardly ever there in the first place.

That isn't his normal spot at all.

Why would Melo be told to push Dirk out from an area he rarely operates from? Again, the vast majority of the time Dirk gets the ball that high up the Mavs are running a pick and roll.

Conventional wisdom would be that Dirk would be 5 feet to the left of the free throw line so that he could have more theoretical options to pass to if he couldn't pump fake the defender to his liking.

Never mind that at the end of the day Melo actually forced Dirk into a very difficult shot.

ImKobe
02-25-2014, 03:03 PM

Agree. He didn't allow Dirk to get his feet set and the shot was forced in the last second on a quick release and it wasn't really a high percentage shot, he didn't want to risk fouling Dirk and costing the game like that. Dirk pulled up lightning quick and not many people would be able to even contest that without fouling him on the release.

Crown&Coke
02-25-2014, 03:06 PM

you may be correct on all accounts. All I'm saying is there is zero % chance I am letting Dirk get his hands on the ball at the top of the key with under 10 seconds to go.

I mean, he's broken hearts all over the court, I'm coming out of the huddle thinking "there is no way he is going to be the one that beats me." Im blitzing him and making him make an ubsurd play over 2-3 guys, or someone else is getting the last shot. But 1-1 in that situation? Hell naw is he getting a clean look anywhere inside the arc

It was pretty freakin cold blooded and Dirk was like "eh, another day at the office" with a fist pump.

kentatm
02-25-2014, 03:07 PM
you may be correct on all accounts. All I'm saying is there is zero % chance I am letting Dirk get his hands on the ball at the top of the key with under 10 seconds to go.

I mean, he's broken hearts all over the court, I'm coming out of the huddle thinking "there is no way he is going to be the one that beats me." Im blitzing him and making him make an ubsurd play over 2-3 guys, or someone else is getting the last shot. But 1-1 in that situation? Hell naw is he getting a clean look anywhere inside the arc

It was pretty freakin cold blooded and Dirk was like "eh, another day at the office" with a fist pump.

well then I would say the problem is really that they didn't double Dirk and force somebody else to take the final shot.

thats what I would have done anyway.

oarabbus
02-25-2014, 03:08 PM
Melo's D was fine. If you guys have played basketball you know that a guy can make a shot even if perfect defense is played.

DMAVS41
02-25-2014, 03:32 PM

Wrong.

Dirk doesn't get the ball there as much as he used to because he's lost quickness and he can't to around guys that far from the basket.

Hell, you saw it last night...he couldn't do anything on Melo. He was forced to take a ****ing hard shot and just happened to make it.

Dirk that far from the basket unless it's a guard he can just back down and force a double... is not great for the Mavs actually.

russwest0
02-25-2014, 03:39 PM
Classic case of "you reach, I teach."

r0drig0lac
02-25-2014, 05:52 PM
Melo's D was fine. If you guys have played basketball you know that a guy can make a shot even if perfect defense is played.
this

LeGOAT
02-25-2014, 06:01 PM
"Perfect defense"
http://www.vnews.com/csp/mediapool/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?STREAMOID=eJqrW fYUAVp$I3_VS$n_Vs$daE2N3K4ZzOUsqbU5sYtt4B5f26FfXKR UPsTIGwJ1WCsjLu883Ygn4B49Lvm9bPe2QeMKQdVeZmXF$9l$4 uCZ8QDXhaHEp3rvzXRJFdy0KqPHLoMevcTLo3h8xh70Y6N_U_C ryOsw6FTOdKL_jpQ-&CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg

Deuce Bigalow
02-25-2014, 06:09 PM
Looks pretty retarded tbh

http://s8.postimg.org/h8amtxhlx/image.jpg

PizzamanIRL
02-25-2014, 06:30 PM

"I ain't looking La La. I'm straight!"

JimmyMcAdocious
02-25-2014, 06:35 PM
Looks pretty retarded tbh

http://s8.postimg.org/h8amtxhlx/image.jpg

Definitely a strange stance. Like he has a cactus up his ass. Or maybe he's shoving a cactus up his ass? His face does have that look like "weird feeling, but I like it". His face also looks super similar to Kenyon Martin in that one shot.

smoovegittar
02-25-2014, 06:37 PM
Those Lakers are pretty shitty themselves, last I checked.

ClutchOver9000
02-25-2014, 06:49 PM
On an individual basis, great offense always beats great defense.

Melo played Dirk as well as he could play him. Dirk did as Dirk does and he hit a tough fukking shot.

Shit happens. You move on.

Eric Cartman
02-25-2014, 07:00 PM
Those Lakers are pretty shitty themselves, last I checked.

What about Chicago?:confusedshrug:

smoovegittar
02-25-2014, 07:01 PM
I tell you, anything to get a dig in on Melo. God forbid he wins a ring and forces quite a number of people to eat a pile of steaming shit. Guy's been off the chain the last few games - and improving every year.

Gonna get quiet around here if he stays in The City and gets some "real" help. Back to Wilt and "LeGoat vs. Kobegoat" stupid-ass posts. Damn... :facepalm

smoovegittar
02-25-2014, 07:03 PM
What about Chicago?:confusedshrug:

What about them? Their best player is down yet again and they have a brilliant coach. They also OWN the Nets. No hate on the Bulls from me.

Black Mamba's B
02-25-2014, 07:05 PM
This website is a play ground for idiots

eliteballer
02-25-2014, 07:10 PM
Melo actually played really good D here, Dirk just hit an incredible shot.

inclinerator
02-25-2014, 07:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/O0RopAJ.jpg

russwest0
02-25-2014, 08:04 PM
Melo actually played really good D here, Dirk just hit an incredible shot.

Truth, don't know how he made that crazy shot with Melo draped all over him while he was shooting it

smoovegittar
02-25-2014, 08:18 PM
Dirk threw up a pretty horrible shot that had a good bounce. Melo's D was pretty good. My issue was J.R. not drawing that foul; this would all be moot.

kentatm
02-26-2014, 02:33 AM
http://media.star-telegram.com/smedia/2014/02/24/22/56/COH8u.St.58.jpeg

:pimp:

russwest0
02-26-2014, 02:37 AM

:pimp:

:lol :lol :lol

shaking my head at the retards saying "Great defense by Melo, Dirk just hit a tough shot." That shits all day for Dirk.

MellowYellow
02-26-2014, 02:42 AM
:lol :lol :lol

shaking my head at the retards saying "Great defense by Melo, Dirk just hit a tough shot." That shits all day for Dirk.

Ur stupid if it was all day he wouldnt have went glass and got a lucky bounce. Good d

SHAQisGOAT
02-26-2014, 03:03 AM
So that's good D nowadays? :oldlol: Some of y'all man... (Lucky) bounce doesn't make that to be good defense.
He was doing a good job at first but not contesting the shot was just :facepalm You can contest a shot without fouling, or at least try to, Melo just put both hands behind his back :rolleyes:

bdreason
02-26-2014, 04:24 AM
Nobody can stop Dirk from taking that shot... that's what makes him Dirk.

Melo played perfectly fine defense on the play.

JohnFreeman
02-26-2014, 04:27 AM
How can you defend that any better?

AintNoSunshine
02-26-2014, 04:32 AM
I don't even like Melo but he did as good of a job as anyone can

russwest0
02-26-2014, 04:36 AM
How can you defend that any better?

Not be a dumbass and start rapidly swiping at the ball with both hands leaving him to an easy jumper. You wanna reach, you should know damn well Dirk is gonna teach.

And also literally putting your hands behind your back and looking over the official while he rises up for a shot is stupid as hell.

JohnFreeman
02-26-2014, 04:38 AM
Not be a dumbass and start rapidly swiping at the ball with both hands leaving him to an easy jumper. You wanna reach, you should know damn well Dirk is gonna teach.

And also literally putting your hands behind your back and looking over the official while he rises up for a shot is stupid as hell.
Might as well let him shoot and not foul

russwest0
02-26-2014, 04:41 AM
Might as well let him shoot and not foul

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Are people being serious with this shit? You don't have to foul to contest a damn shot. I've never once seen a good defender willingly give his opposition a wide open shot when the game was on the line.

JohnFreeman
02-26-2014, 04:42 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Are people being serious with this shit? You don't have to foul to contest a damn shot. I've never once seen a good defender willingly give his opposition a wide open shot when the game was on the line.
He probably could have put a hand up, but Dirk can hit that shot all day.

G-train
02-26-2014, 04:47 AM
The defence was poor.
First he didn't even attempt to deny him the ball.
Second he got way to close to him. Dirk was just waiting a few seconds to shoot a favourable shot, he could have put the ball on the floor and had a layup which is more Dirk's decision, he'd rather shoot a jump shot.
Waving your hands and moving feet while player stands still simply gives the impression of good defence, something many NY players do.
Thirdly there is NO EXCUSE for not putting a hand in the face of Dirk. To step away and look towards the bench and not contest is BAD. There is no excuses. A hand in the face was the minimum requirement on that play.
In summary Dirk caught it exactly where he wanted to on the play, and caught it easily.
He then took the shot he wanted to take and easily.
Side note, JR could have easily double teamed on that play.

MellowYellow
02-26-2014, 04:51 AM
The defence was poor.
Second he got way to close to him. Dirk was just waiting a few seconds to shoot a favourable shot, he could have put the ball on the floor and had a layup which is more Dirk's decision, he'd rather shoot a jump shot.
Waving your hands and moving feet while player stands still simply gives the impression of good defence, something many NY players do.
Thirdly there is NO EXCUSE for not putting a hand in the face of Dirk. To step away and look towards the bench and not contest is BAD. There is no excuses. A hand in the face was the minimum requirement on that play.
In summary Dirk caught it exactly where he wanted to on the play, and caught it easily.

all wrong. side note JR got whacked by monta the previous play. Shoulda been a game tyer.

Teanett
02-26-2014, 04:52 AM
He probably could have put a hand up, but Dirk can hit that shot all day.

so it doesnt matter if he tries to contest the shot? is that what you're saying?

G-train
02-26-2014, 04:54 AM
all wrong. side note JR got whacked by monta the previous play. Shoulda been a game tyer.

No actually I am 100% correct.

JohnFreeman
02-26-2014, 04:54 AM
so it doesnt matter if he tries to contest the shot? is that what you're saying?
No I think a hand should be up, I rewatched the video and I thought Melo had it up

russwest0
02-26-2014, 04:55 AM

There's no educating these clowns.

"You can't play better defense than that."
"Well, I guess he could have put his hand up."

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Teanett
02-26-2014, 05:09 AM
The defence was poor.

spot on

Teanett
02-26-2014, 05:10 AM
No I think a hand should be up, I rewatched the video and I thought Melo had it up

i guess it depends on your definition of "up".

JohnFreeman
02-26-2014, 05:11 AM
i guess it depends on your definition of "up".
Yeah I admit I thought he had his hand up. As soon as Dirk go the ball they should have doubled

dude77
02-26-2014, 06:47 AM
lol@people defending this garbage .. if he had been contesting the shot then it would be considered good defense and he did all he could .. but he gave up an uncontested shot that lost his team the game .. unacceptable every fkn time .. he failed period

dude77
02-26-2014, 06:50 AM

no one's mentioned this .. he easily got his arm but no call .. a little too obvious not to call .. these nba refs are fkn suspect

Lordsteven
02-26-2014, 08:46 AM

LMAOO. but for real though. his defense looks so bad in the picture that it looks photoshopped...

kentatm
02-26-2014, 12:47 PM

everyone in the NBA TV studio said that it was a good no call b/c Monta did not foul. :confusedshrug:

Teanett
02-26-2014, 01:19 PM
everyone in the NBA TV studio said that it was a good no call b/c Monta did not foul. :confusedshrug:

it was good d by monta and a good call.

MellowYellow
02-26-2014, 01:32 PM

He was whacked on the arm and whacked on his hand, it was a blatant foul. If defensive players were allowed to do that, then nobody would ever score.

DirkNowitzki41
02-26-2014, 01:56 PM
It was great D by Monta, no doubt.

zoom17
03-30-2014, 10:52 PM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/dam/assets/140330210702-stephen-curry-vs-knicks-archive.home-t6.jpg

Melo at it again:lol

Draz
03-30-2014, 10:54 PM
Lmfaoooo

JimmyMcAdocious
03-30-2014, 11:15 PM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/dam/assets/140330210702-stephen-curry-vs-knicks-archive.home-t6.jpg

Melo at it again:lol

I really hope that pose and face become a thing.

HoopsFanNumero1
03-30-2014, 11:22 PM
:lol