02-25-2014, 10:48 PM
Very interesting interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkVxSezwdAQ&list=UUwLr_DYKR8aS0k4r8bB5I5Q

moe94
02-25-2014, 10:57 PM
He aged gracefully.

fpliii
02-25-2014, 10:57 PM
:applause: Thanks for the link, looking forward to listening later.

Very underrated by most, but overrated by those with an agenda. Great help defender, pretty athletic with a sweet j. Dem goggles. :bowdown:

Micku
02-25-2014, 11:08 PM
He aged gracefully.

I know, right? Dude is 48, nearly 50, and looks like he just turned 30.

:applause: Thanks for the link, looking forward to listening later.

Very underrated by most, but overrated by those with an agenda. Great help defender, pretty athletic with a sweet j. Dem goggles. :bowdown:

Yeah! Very solid player! He said some interesting behind the scenes stuff of what was going on with Orlando Magic of Shaq and Penny, their playoff series against the Bulls and the Lakers with the Shaq and Kobe deal. And of course he talked about the Bulls too.

andgar923
02-26-2014, 07:34 AM
"MJ would neutralize Shaq and Kobe" Grant when asked about 91 Bulls vs 01 Lakers

When asked about MJ, Kobe, Penny, Bron....

"MJ easily"

juju151111
02-26-2014, 07:48 AM
The ownage of Kobetards

Myth
02-26-2014, 08:06 AM
Always loved Horace as a kid. Loved bruiser type PFs. I remember going into a card shop asking if the owner had any Horace Grants or Charles Oakley cards and he gave me a look like :wtf:

Myth
02-26-2014, 08:10 AM
This thread made me think about Horace's brother, former Trail Blazer, Harvey Grant. I found this from just a few years ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORopBrXB3XI

Glad to see his life still is with basketball.

tragicbronson
02-26-2014, 08:18 AM
The ownage of Kobetards

Is Pippen saying that LeBron's better than MJ the ownage of MJtards then? :confusedshrug:

plowking
02-26-2014, 08:24 AM
"MJ would neutralize Shaq and Kobe" Grant when asked about 91 Bulls vs 01 Lakers

When asked about MJ, Kobe, Penny, Bron....

"MJ easily"

He hasn't played against Bron, so why should we even consider his opinion?

Scottie said he'd take Bron, so why aren't you talking about that? Jordan's own teammate.

poido123
02-26-2014, 09:18 AM

Scottie said he'd take Bron, so why aren't you talking about that? Jordan's own teammate.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=6701584

"The comments that I made were basically giving LeBron some props as a player, not to dismantle any player like Michael," Pippen said after a youth camp session at the Bulls/Sox academy. "We all know that he's the greatest player that ever played the game.

SexSymbol
02-26-2014, 09:41 AM
He really loves Jordan, doesn't he.

plowking
02-26-2014, 10:57 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=6701584

"The comments that I made were basically giving LeBron some props as a player, not to dismantle any player like Michael," Pippen said after a youth camp session at the Bulls/Sox academy. "We all know that he's the greatest player that ever played the game.

Sounds like someone backtracking on something they said, due to scrutiny he could face.

He said what he thought, and the fact is, that is his opinion on the matter.

SilkkTheShocker
02-26-2014, 11:09 AM
Great interview. Just wish Simmons would have asked for some more detail on the 04 Lakers

TheMan
02-26-2014, 11:43 AM
Sounds like someone backtracking on something they said, due to scrutiny he could face.

He said those comments right before the 2011 Heat Mavs Finals when LeBron went on to put one of the greatest Finals performances ever...oh wait:rolleyes:

Scottie played with Jordan, never played with LeBron...
Horace played with Jordan, never played with LeBron.

Why is Scottie's original comments more important to you than Horce's? Oh, that's right, because it's what you want to believe as a Bron dickrider:oldlol:

MJ > LBJ

just shut up and deal with it

SilkkTheShocker
02-26-2014, 11:56 AM
He said those comments right before the 2011 Heat Mavs Finals when LeBron went on to put one of the greatest Finals performances ever...oh wait:rolleyes:

Why is Scottie's original comments more important to you than Horce's? Oh, that's right, because it's what you want to believe as a Bron dickrider:oldlol:

MJ > LBJ

Legit meltdown over here :oldlol:

plowking
02-26-2014, 12:07 PM

MJ > LBJ

No one is disputing that MJ isn't the greatest ever.

I simply replied to andgar since hes a dumbass and thinks his logic magically works out. I just applied the same logic to show how stupid it was, and got bombarded with a post in response to mine, as if they were my opinion. They weren't; they were Pippen's.

Bron dickrider? Sure... Its hilarious that the Jordan and Kobe fans on here are probably equally most insecure.

TheMan
02-26-2014, 12:16 PM
No one is disputing that MJ isn't the greatest ever.

I simply replied to andgar since hes a dumbass and thinks his logic magically works out. I just applied the same logic to show how stupid it was, and got bombarded with a post in response to mine, as if they were my opinion. They weren't; they were Pippen's.

Bron dickrider? Sure... Its hilarious that the Jordan and Kobe fans on here are probably equally most insecure.
I've always wanted to ask but why the heck do you have Beasley as your avi? Of all the Heat players you choose that pothead scrub?

scm5
02-26-2014, 01:13 PM
What Horace said about MJ's killer instinct cannot be emphasized enough. I mean everyone on the board will attest that Kobe has a killer instinct too, but not at the same intensity as MJ.

Also, what I gathered from this interview, Shaq was an extremely dominant player but he was not a great or commanding leader. His personality is probably why he clashed with Penny and Kobe. He wasn't a "championship type leader" and goofed around too much so Penny and Kobe probably felt it was right to challenge him for leadership. If Shaq were a mean mother ****er, intense... always wanted to come out and kill the other team, I don't see how Penny or Kobe or maybe even MJ if they were ever on the same team would be able to challenge him for leadership of the team.

97 bulls
02-26-2014, 01:48 PM

MJ > LBJ

And this is what people fail to realize. Pippen made thise statements right after LeBron James dismantling of the Bulls and everyone got on the bandwagon. Including Pippen.

Then he came back down to reality like we all did after James Finals showing.

97 bulls
02-26-2014, 01:56 PM

Why can't it be that he just changed his mind? He got just as much scrutiny when he called Charles Barkley fat and lazy. Besides. Pippen didn't recieve scrutiny for what he said, it was because of when he said it. His detractors felt and wondered how he could say such when James has never won anything up to that point.

People change their stance on opinions all the time. I used to be adamant that Mike Tyson was greater than Mohammed Ali. I no longer feel that way.

What Pippen said that day doesn't mean much because hes clarified his stance. Just accept it. Stop being childish

Micku
02-26-2014, 02:57 PM
He really loves Jordan, doesn't he.

They're not good friends it seems. You can see other comments that he said about him. Playing with MJ was tough. But he respects him and his mentality.

I liked what he said when he was playing with the Magic that Phil Jackson would let him score and try to beat them, and Grant was averaging nearly 65%.

Also, what I gathered from this interview, Shaq was an extremely dominant player but he was not a great or commanding leader. His personality is probably why he clashed with Penny and Kobe. He wasn't a "championship type leader" and goofed around too much so Penny and Kobe probably felt it was right to challenge him for leadership. If Shaq were a mean mother ****er, intense... always wanted to come out and kill the other team, I don't see how Penny or Kobe or maybe even MJ if they were ever on the same team would be able to challenge him for leadership of the team.

I just got it was a big ego clashing. Shaq knew he was dominant, and he didn't work as hard he could've later in his career. Kobe had a big ego since day one. Shaq called him the golden child because of the media flaunting over him I believe. So, there was some jealously around. You don't have to be a mean mofo to be an establish leader, but you might be right in saying that probably would've helped in the Kobe's case.

DonDadda59
02-26-2014, 03:14 PM
And this is what people fail to realize. Pippen made thise statements right after LeBron James dismantling of the Bulls and everyone got on the bandwagon. Including Pippen.

Then he came back down to reality like we all did after James Finals showing.

Yup. Pip always had that passive aggressive jealousy of Mike. That shit really blew up in his face after Bronze got outplayed by Jason Terry in the finals :lol

http://tshq.co/wp-content/uploads/Lebron-James-Michael-jordan-Scottie-Pippen.jpg

SilkkTheShocker
02-26-2014, 03:22 PM
Jordan stans have to be the most insecure bunch on ISH :oldlol:

DonDadda59
02-26-2014, 03:26 PM

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/6c/6c5209d51360401c640bb57059dc3f81d29d2c6b971aadc8db 589b3648b987f3.jpg

TheMan
02-26-2014, 03:29 PM
This clown:oldlol:

You're so insecure that you have "LBJ = GOAT" under your avi in an desperate attempt to convince yourself and others:oldlol:

russwest0
02-26-2014, 03:31 PM
Who's Horace Grant? Is he good? Can the Heat get him?

ImKobe
02-26-2014, 05:03 PM

MJ > LBJ

Is there any doubt? One won every single Finals series of his career for 6 straight series and the other choked in his first two and got outchoked by the Spurs & Duncan for his 2nd one.

andgar923
02-26-2014, 07:48 PM
Plowking be acting like a b*tch as usual :lol

poido123
02-26-2014, 07:57 PM
This clown:oldlol:

You're so insecure that you have "LBJ = GOAT" under your avi in an desperate attempt to convince yourself and others:oldlol:

http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/237087/flags/LL

poido123
02-26-2014, 07:59 PM
Who's Horace Grant? Is he good? Can the Heat get him?

He good. Does LBJ like him? :lol

Anfernee
02-26-2014, 11:18 PM
What Horace said about MJ's killer instinct cannot be emphasized enough. I mean everyone on the board will attest that Kobe has a killer instinct too, but not at the same intensity as MJ.

:applause: Indeed

That is the hardest thing to convey to people who did not see Jordan play, that you cannot pick up in highlights on youtube or in stats. Jordan was a real killer. He didn't just play to score more points, he came to win. The guy was beast that no player since has come close to approaching.

AnaheimLakers24
02-26-2014, 11:21 PM

and here come the insecure fgts