PDA

View Full Version : Should Knicks sign Jimmer Fredette?

Knicksfever2010
02-26-2014, 10:37 AM
With point guard Raymond Felton's current legal woes, Beno Udrih's buyout by the Knicks, and point guard Jimmer Fredette reportedly on his way out of Sacramento, is there a perfect storm brewing that would bring the former Brigham Young star to Gotham?

Fredette's father, Al, says he and his family can only hope so.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/jimmer-knicks-fredette-family-love-article-1.1701865

:biggums: :coleman:

TMT
02-26-2014, 11:15 AM
How many spots do the Knicks have filled on the roster? They just signed Shannon Brown and Earl Clark to 10-day deals, I'm assuming one of them would have to be dropped. Most likely Brown.

JohnMax
02-26-2014, 03:29 PM
He should go to the Lakers. They play anybody off the streets. Bazemore played 40 minutes last night.

niko
02-26-2014, 03:34 PM
How many spots do the Knicks have filled on the roster? They just signed Shannon Brown and Earl Clark to 10-day deals, I'm assuming one of them would have to be dropped. Most likely Brown.
They'd have to drop Brown. Neither is officially signed till tomorrow btw. OP is a clown to post that link as Fredette is coming.

D-FENS
02-26-2014, 04:17 PM
Jimmer is most likely going to Boston. Ainge is going to get him

niko
02-26-2014, 05:07 PM
Jimmer is most likely going to Boston. Ainge is going to get him
Why would Boston pick up a player to help the stretch run while they are trying to tank?

smoovegittar
02-26-2014, 06:41 PM
This alone would get me back to watching. We could use that 3 ball of his. Certainly not a quick fix, but entertaining none the less.:applause:

boozehound
02-26-2014, 06:56 PM
Why would Boston pick up a player to help the stretch run while they are trying to tank?
because hes mormon same as Ainge? I think that is what poster was trying to imply

FKAri
02-26-2014, 07:18 PM
Jimmermania. :applause:

Can't wait till he drops 38 on Kobe.

poido123
02-26-2014, 07:18 PM
I've added him in one of my leagues. If he lands with the knicks, he could really light up the threes and a few assists :banana:

Miles and Miles
02-26-2014, 07:36 PM
I've added him in one of my leagues. If he lands with the knicks, he could really light up the threes and a few assists :banana:

Well you better hurry up and pick him up in your other leagues as well. He's SUPER valuable right now. A guy on no team and possibly getting signed on maybe for the rest of the season for some unknown team. Wow I am sure he is going to be starting any minute right now and dropping like 30.

ALBballer
02-26-2014, 07:39 PM
Not a bad place for him. Play decently and he can pull the next linsanity and get paid.

poido123
02-26-2014, 07:46 PM
Well you better hurry up and pick him up in your other leagues as well. He's SUPER valuable right now. A guy on no team and possibly getting signed on maybe for the rest of the season for some unknown team. Wow I am sure he is going to be starting any minute right now and dropping like 30.

You sound bitter :(

And yes, on a team like the knicks with a need for a point guard he could be very valuable in fantasy.

Kiddlovesnets
02-26-2014, 08:02 PM
Well you know, there is a Knicks subforum on ISH and its there for a reason...
:rolleyes:

Levity
02-26-2014, 08:18 PM
regarding jimmers fantasy value, if on the knicks, hed could potentially be a 12+ ppg guy with three 3's a game and some assists (if they allow him to be a playmaker).

Anyhow, this is a move im interested in seeing. Mainly because the knicks have been atrocious to watch all season. (not that jimmer would change that) but i am curious to see what kind of impact he could have on a team if given 25+ minutes a night. and no doubt the only reason the knicks may be interested is because he lit them up last week.

His PnR game is often overlooked and would be welcomed by both Tyson and Amare. his shooting will always be needed

poido123
02-26-2014, 08:28 PM
regarding jimmers fantasy value, if on the knicks, hed could potentially be a 12+ ppg guy with three 3's a game and some assists (if they allow him to be a playmaker).

Anyhow, this is a move im interested in seeing. Mainly because the knicks have been atrocious to watch all season. (not that jimmer would change that) but i am curious to see what kind of impact he could have on a team if given 25+ minutes a night. and no doubt the only reason the knicks may be interested is because he lit them up last week.

His PnR game is often overlooked and would be welcomed by both Tyson and Amare. his shooting will always be needed

I love a good feel good story.

What better way than to join the knicks, turn their season around and push for a playoff spot?

I could see that happening.

andremiller07
02-26-2014, 09:05 PM
As long as they got someone to handle the ball up the floor the dude can be a weapon at times. He's probably a better defender than Felton as well shame Shumpert went down him and Jimmer imo is better than Felton and Shumpert.

JohnFreeman
02-26-2014, 09:10 PM
inb4 Heat sign him