PDA

View Full Version : Is Kevin Durant in his "prime"

moe94
02-26-2014, 03:57 PM
It might sound ridiculous but just give your honest answer. We're talking right now. Is he in his prime?

RoundMoundOfReb
Yes

IncarceratedBob
clear pre prime

russwest0
Nah, he's improved basically every aspect of his game every season. Once we see him start to regress towards his average, he'll be in his prime.

Legends66NBA7
Yes, he's in his prime. He hasn't peaked yet, though, which is pretty amazing.

LeBron 06
02-26-2014, 03:59 PM
His peak was in january

Keno
02-26-2014, 04:00 PM
yes he's in his prime. delusional as hell to think otherwise.

His peak was in january

and this.

moe94
Nah, he's improved basically every aspect of his game every season. Once we see him start to regress towards his average, he'll be in his prime.

How many prime years did Kobe Bryant enjoy?

BigTicket
The answer is obviously yes.

It's possible that this might not be his peak, but it is certainly his prime.

Mass Debator
He's at his athletic peak. He's definitely in his prime. I see him peaking early at age 26-27.

Edit: I actually think this will be his best statistical season in his entire career.

Solefade
prime but maybe not peaked yet

Budadiiii
02-26-2014, 04:07 PM
No, not yet.

His game isn't predicated on athleticism like LeBron. He will enter his prime at age 27 and it could extend to age 35.

He's a mixture of Magic Johnson, George Gervin, Larry Bird, and Michael Jordan.

We'll never see a guy like this again. Wait and see. LOL @ pre-prime Durant surpassing the Queen though.

BoutPractice
02-26-2014, 04:07 PM
He's in his prime and my guess is that he's at his raw production peak, but not his level of play peak. His stats will go down but he'll play smarter, expend less energy on offense, and generally do more with less. That's a typical curve for your generational swingman superstar, we've already seen this with Jordan, Kobe and LeBron. Right now he's at the 1989 Jordan, 2006 Kobe, 2009 LeBron stage.

fpliii
02-26-2014, 04:08 PM
Definitely in his prime, but almost certainly not at his peak. He'll probably be at his very best from like 28-30.

:banana:

Trollsmasher
02-26-2014, 04:09 PM
His peak was in january
this

secund2nun
02-26-2014, 04:15 PM
Prime yes...peak probably not. I can see him improving as a defender, post offense, and possibly passing ability. His shooting can't get any better imo.

Budadiiii
02-26-2014, 04:21 PM
Prime yes...peak probably not. I can see him improving as a defender, post offense, and possibly passing ability. His shooting can't get any better imo.
It certainly can. His mid-range game leaves a lot to be desired.

He's only going to get better and better at all aspects honestly. He still hasn't perfected his off the ball game, nor is he taking high % shots. He's basically Kobe Bryant but 5 inches taller with a better touch.

He makes tough shots look easy because he's so ****ing long. His FG% will be around 55-60% in his peak and 90% at the line. I don't even want to see what his TS% will look like.

Durant was terrible at defense and playmaking upon arrival and he's now one of the best in the league at both. He's 6'10 with handles like CP3 and a shot like Larry Bird, finesse of Dirk, and the work ethic and killer instinct of MJ.

Durant is getting severely underrated.

ClutchOver9000
02-26-2014, 04:21 PM
yes

red1
02-26-2014, 04:27 PM
Not possible to argue otherwise. Prime doesnt mean peak season

r0drig0lac
02-26-2014, 04:33 PM
yes, no doubt

Budadiiii
02-26-2014, 04:37 PM
Durant's prime may even extend to age 40 if he's lucky.

Legendary durability, peak play, and longevity.

Basically a mixture of MJ/Kareem.

The peak play of Jordan and probably will have more longevity than Kareem.

Durant is a once in a lifetime freak. We'll never see anything like it again. He's not even entered his prime yet and he's putting up peak LeBron numbers. Jesus Christ....

russwest0
02-26-2014, 04:38 PM
Is he good? Can the Heat get him?

K Xerxes
02-26-2014, 04:39 PM
Durant's prime may even extend to age 40 if he's lucky.

Legendary durability, peak play, and longevity.

Basically a mixture of MJ/Kareem.

The peak play of Jordan and probably will have more longevity than Kareem.

Durant is a once in a lifetime freak. We'll never see anything like it again. He's not even entered his prime yet and he's putting up peak LeBron numbers. Jesus Christ....

What a troll. :oldlol:

Budadiiii
02-26-2014, 04:40 PM
No, he would never stab his franchise in the back.

Durant has character and something called loyalty. He will retire in the OKC uniform and the number 35 will be retired forever.

And yes, he's really ****ing good. Best player on the planet and improving every single day.

moe94
02-26-2014, 04:41 PM

I think he actually despises Durant.

Budadiiii
02-26-2014, 04:43 PM
His ball handling, length, and automatic shot gives him the ability to play till age 50 if he wants.

As he gets older his game will only get better and better as Durant's game doesn't rely on athleticism at all.

Dirk still going strong and all he has is a shot. Durant is Dirk only a much better ball handler and all around player.

You can't see Durant being a Magic Johnson/Larry Bird hybrid as he ages? :biggums:

Do you even watch the sport of basketball? :oldlol:

Keno
02-26-2014, 04:45 PM
stop it. we've seen a durant before, his name was larry bird minus the rebounding and playmaking. we will see another durant in the future. a 6'9, 6'10 shooter isn't hard to come by now a days. lebron, however, a 6'8 260lb monster, is a mixture of magic, bird, wilt, jordan and pippen. arguably the four greatest players of all time and a top five perimeter defender of all time. we have never seen an athlete like this in the past, nor will in the future.

Budadiiii
02-26-2014, 04:46 PM
I think he actually despises Durant.
I despise him for being so ****ing good. :oldlol:

I should be out talking to girls but I'd rather sit online and talk about a once in a lifetime athlete.

It excites me more than anything right now. I ****ing love KD.

I broke my TV so not sure how I'm gonna watch the games. Do you stream games? I'll PM you and you can give me the link when OKC plays tonight, deal?

I'm serious. Maybe someone will have a link in the game thread tonight. I don't like to miss any Thunder games.

AnaheimLakers24
02-26-2014, 04:50 PM
kobes prime was from 01-09

so yes kd in prime

Budadiiii
02-26-2014, 04:51 PM
stop it. we've seen a durant before, his name was larry bird minus the rebounding and playmaking. we will see another durant in the future. a 6'9, 6'10 shooter isn't hard to come by now a days. lebron, however, a 6'8 260lb monster, is a mixture of magic, bird, wilt, jordan and pippen. arguably the four greatest players of all time and a top five perimeter defender of all time. we have never seen an athlete like this in the past, nor will in the future.
Durant is elite athletically right now though. Bird was never as quick or could jump like Durant.

Durant is also much longer than Bird and will be much more durable. Durant's defense is already better than Bird's ever was and his playmaking/passing is improving at a very fast rate. He's a solid rebounder grabbing 8 a night and the scary thing is he doesn't even try in that aspect.

He could haul down 13-15 if he actually dedicated himself to it which he will as time goes on.

LeBron is missing the most crucial part of the game and that is shooting. Durant can last forever because of his insane mixture of length and shooting.

LeBron is already declining because he can't shoot and be effective in the half-court hence why he's worthless in the finals against smart teams like the Mavs/Spurs who shut his ass down. There is no answer for a 6'10 guy with a 7'5 wingspan and automatic J. There just isn't/

Factor in his ball handling and playmaking? LOL, now's he GOAT level.

Keno
02-26-2014, 04:56 PM
Durant is elite athletically right now though. Bird was never as quick or could jump like Durant.

Durant is also much longer than Bird and will be much more durable. Durant's defense is already better than Bird's ever was and his playmaking/passing is improving at a very fast rate. He's a solid rebounder grabbing 8 a night and the scary thing is he doesn't even try in that aspect.

He could haul down 13-15 if he actually dedicated himself to it which he will as time goes on.

LeBron is missing the most crucial part of the game and that is shooting. Durant can last forever because of his insane mixture of length and shooting.

LeBron is already declining because he can't shoot and be effective in the half-court hence why he's worthless in the finals against smart teams like the Mavs/Spurs who shut his ass down. There is no answer for a 6'10 guy with a 7'5 wingspan and automatic J. There just isn't/

Factor in his ball handling and playmaking? LOL, now's he GOAT level.

once lebron loses his athleticism (who knows when, 11 years in he can still get his head above the rim, durant can barely get eye level with the rim) he can either move to full time point guard or full time power forward (best post moves in the league). that is when he will dominate that position and become the best at it in the league. if he moves to point guard: 21ppg-7rpg-11apg, or if he moves to power forward: 25ppg-11rpg-7apg. either way, he's still going to be one of the best, if not the best player in the league for a while. regardless of what position he moves to.

Budadiiii
02-26-2014, 04:58 PM
once lebron loses his athleticism (who knows when, 11 years in he can still get his head above the rim, durant can barely get eye level with the rim) he can either move to full time point guard or full time power forward (best post moves in the league). that is when he will dominate that position and become the best at it in the league. if he moves to point guard: 21ppg-7rpg-11apg, or if he moves to power forward: 25ppg-11rpg-7apg. either way, he's still going to be one of the best, if not the best player in the league for a while. regardless of what position he moves to.
I could see LeBron being an effective role player like Jason Kidd was to the Mavs.

Keno
02-26-2014, 04:59 PM
I could see LeBron being an effective role player like Jason Kidd was to the Mavs.

sorry bro, durant will be number two for a while, and there's nothing you can do about it. just accept it, and watch the future goat collect mvps and rings.

russwest0
02-26-2014, 05:01 PM
Holy shit, this Keno dude is a straight up retard :lol :lol :lol

LeBron stans on this forum stay taking losses

IMObjective
02-26-2014, 05:02 PM
This is getting good :lol

Keno
02-26-2014, 05:02 PM

cheer leader #3 here to the rescue. where's fudge and maybeshewill? on break?

red1
02-26-2014, 05:03 PM
sorry bro, durant will be number two for a while, and there's nothing you can do about it. just accept it, and watch the future goat collect mvps and rings.
Lebron is responsible for the worst choke in nba history. That can be proven statistcally. Biggest points per game dropoff from the regular season to the finals in NBA HISTORY. And we already know that he is a bald fggt, no evidence is needed.

Lebron is a choking bald fggt 100% proved

IMObjective
02-26-2014, 05:04 PM
cheer leader #3 here to the rescue. where's fudge and maybeshewill? on break?
Where are your homies?

Keno
02-26-2014, 05:05 PM
Lebron is responsible for the worst choke in nba history. That can be proven statistcally. Biggest points per game dropoff from the regular season to the finals in NBA HISTORY. And we already know that he is a bald fggt, no evidence is needed.

Lebron is a choking bald fggt 100% proved

this myth has already been debunked.

red1
02-26-2014, 05:05 PM

What does jason kidd have that durant doesnt have?

That's right, jason kidd has a spine unlike that beta piece of shit over in hicktown who to this day sucks up to the man who humiliated him on national television.

Keno
02-26-2014, 05:06 PM
Where are your homies?

i don't need any homies. i ride solo dolo.

russwest0
Does anybody rational really think LeBron is gonna continue being the second best player on the planet well into his mid 30s?

He's getting most of his points right under the rim and most of those points are coming in transition. And he's having epic efficiency dropoffs in the playoffs where he can't get by padding his FG% by just cherrypicking or outrunning teams who don't care.

Look at his shotchart, he's a below average/average at best outside shooter. His handles are average. His footwork leaves a lot to be desired. He's a below average defender as of today. He's getting by on guys giving him wide open outside shots and he's still shooting below average to average in that area. With declining athleticism he ain't gonna be given open shots and he ain't gonna get as many transition baskets or shots at the rim.

Not that hard to do the math here. Then again, the word "rational" isn't in a LeBron dickeaters vocabulary :oldlol:

BigMacAttack
Definitely in his prime, but almost certainly not at his peak. He'll probably be at his very best from like 28-30.

:banana:

This.

Budadiiii
02-26-2014, 05:07 PM
I thought we were having a civil conversation?

Jason Kidd helped the Mavs win a ring. What's so disrespectful about that? I was actually being generous because Kidd is very unselfish and adapted his game and became a lethal 3 point shooter/clutch player/locker-room leader.

it's a compliment to LeBron when you think about it. Kidd was always a better floor general than LeBron and his game was never predicated on athleticism.

Comparing 30+ year old LeBron to 30+ year old Kidd could be taken as an insult by Kidd fans.

LOL @ you getting angry.

SilkkTheShocker
02-26-2014, 05:08 PM

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/656980/thumbs/s-KEVIN-DURANT-large.jpg

red1
02-26-2014, 05:08 PM
These new lebron stans are the least intelligent trolls I have ever seen. God damn this shit is embarrassing

Budadiiii
02-26-2014, 05:10 PM
Does anybody rational really think LeBron is gonna continue being the second best player on the planet well into his mid 30s?

He's getting most of his points right under the rim and most of those points are coming in transition. And he's having epic efficiency dropoffs in the playoffs where he can't get by padding his FG% by just cherrypicking or outrunning teams who don't care.

Look at his shotchart, he's a below average/average at best outside shooter.

Then again, the word "rational" isn't in a LeBron dickeaters vocabulary :oldlol:
Exactly.

He gets a TON of easy buckets and benefits from the lethal perimeter defenders of the Heat doing all the dirty work.

Wade is an exceptional passer and feeds Bron so many easy baskets it's almost insane.

That's why you see LeBron's numbers dip in the playoffs because that shit does not fly in the playoffs. His regular season stat-padding has been exposed for years.

When his athleticism goes, LeBron turns into Ronny Brewer.

Budadiiii
02-26-2014, 05:13 PM
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/143/files/2013/08/7090270.jpg

LeBron in 2016 after he takes accepts the vet minimum to win more rings with his buddy Durant.

LeBron will go down as the best role player to ever do it.

10 rings as a role player.

#GOATRolePlayer

Budadiiii
02-26-2014, 05:16 PM
Chose the number 8 to signify how many more rings he'll get as a role player.

#GOATRolePlayer

russwest0
02-26-2014, 05:19 PM
These new lebron stans are the least intelligent trolls I have ever seen. God damn this shit is embarrassing

It's like watching those youtube public prank videos that make you embarassed just watching them. Thats what it's like watching these retarded LeBron stans attempt to troll :lol :lol :lol

red1
02-26-2014, 05:20 PM

Look at his shotchart, he's a below average/average at best outside shooter. His handles are average. His footwork leaves a lot to be desired. He's a below average defender as of today. He's getting by on guys giving him wide open outside shots and he's still shooting below average to average in that area. With declining athleticism he ain't gonna be given open shots and he ain't gonna get as many transition baskets or shots at the rim.

Not that hard to do the math here. Then again, the word "rational" isn't in a LeBron dickeaters vocabulary :oldlol:
The next few years are going to suck for you bro. This bald bitch also known as lebronze is only going to keep winning mvps and fmvps.

red1
02-26-2014, 05:23 PM
It's like watching those youtube public prank videos that make you embarassed just watching them. Thats what it's like watching these retarded LeBron stans attempt to troll :lol :lol :lol
Keno and michael corleone giving my arm a workout the way they got me facepalming. Jesus christ is it possible that even I was this stupid as a teenager?

Nah. Not possible

navy
02-26-2014, 05:27 PM
We dont know where Durant will go from here. He is in his prime. Hopefully not his peak.

TheMan
02-26-2014, 06:27 PM
More like, LeBron gon' join KD's team sometime in the near future:eek:

russwest0
02-26-2014, 06:29 PM
More like, LeBron gon' join KD's team sometime in the near future:eek:

I strongly doubt Kevin Durant would allow that.

Then again, who knows. Dwyane Wade overnight went from alpha to beta when he allowed LeBron to come to Miami.

DuMa
02-26-2014, 06:29 PM
he peaks whenever westbrook isnt playing

TheMan
02-26-2014, 06:30 PM
At least the Kobe trolls were funny, the LeBron trolls are just a lame lot.

TheMan
02-26-2014, 06:33 PM

Then again, who knows. Dwyane Wade overnight went from alpha to beta when he allowed LeBron to come to Miami.
I'm talking about a past his peak Bran, piggybacking on Durant to get to his promised 7-8 titles:cheers:

JT123
02-26-2014, 08:04 PM

Allowed? I think you mean BEGGED Lebron to come to the Heat. How alpha could Wade have been if he couldn't get out of the first round until King James came to the rescue.:confusedshrug: