PDA

View Full Version : Be Honest OKC Fans, You Miss Harden

SilkkTheShocker
02-26-2014, 11:39 PM
The Thunder would be 3x scarier with Harden over Ibaka or Westbrook. Westbrook's knee is never going to be the same again. And he doesn't have the NBA IQ to compensate losing any of his athleticism. Harden on the other hand is the best shooting guard in the league. I don't think they will ever recover from that trade. Cheap ownership killed their title hopes.

LeGOAT
No, they'd much rather have that bag of peanuts they got back for him:rolleyes:

Thunderfan86
Reported

JohnFreeman
02-26-2014, 11:40 PM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/harden.jpg

SilkkTheShocker
02-26-2014, 11:42 PM
No, they'd much rather have that bag of peanuts they got back for him:rolleyes:

One of the worst trades of all time. Bill Simmons still bashes them for it every chance he gets.

Boarder Patrol
02-26-2014, 11:42 PM
- Not sure where you get the knee thing from. Westbrook will be back.
- Wade >> Harden.

But I totally agree. OKC w/ 20 PPG scorer Harden off the bench is a dynasty, or at least a champion a couple of times. He only left for a few f****** million more than you offered him in total. And even if it meant going into the tax, wouldn't winning titles up the value of your franchise long term?

Adams and Lamb are nice pieces but that was a dumb trade, always was and still is.

SilkkTheShocker
02-26-2014, 11:43 PM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/harden.jpg

He had a bad series. That doesn't mean you trade him for pennies on the dollar. They don't even beat the Spurs if it weren't for Harden.

JohnFreeman
02-26-2014, 11:45 PM
He had a bad series. That doesn't mean you trade him for pennies on the dollar. They don't even beat the Spurs if it weren't for Harden.
I agree.

SilkkTheShocker
02-26-2014, 11:46 PM
- Not sure where you get the knee thing from. Westbrook will be back.
- Wade >> Harden.

But I totally agree. OKC w/ 20 PPG scorer Harden off the bench is a dynasty, or at least a champion a couple of times. He only left for a few f****** million more than you offered him in total. And even if it meant going into the tax, wouldn't winning titles up the value of your franchise long term?

Adams and Lamb are nice pieces but that was a dumb trade, always was and still is.

OKC ownership is cheap. They aren't not even thinking about paying the luxury tax. They should have kept Harden. Than they could have traded Westbrook for another big. You aren't winning anything with a low IQ player like him dominating the ball. For any good he might due, he is guaranteed to do something stupid to hurt the team.

SilkkTheShocker
02-26-2014, 11:47 PM
I agree.

Funny ass pic tho :oldlol:

russwest0
02-26-2014, 11:47 PM
Har_en*

LeGOAT
02-26-2014, 11:48 PM
Har_en*
Better than who you got back for him. ______

JohnFreeman
02-26-2014, 11:50 PM
Funny ass pic tho :oldlol:
Yeah, I hate OKC and harden

AnaheimLakers24
02-26-2014, 11:52 PM
how many ***** does your mom suck at a time?

Rodmantheman
02-26-2014, 11:53 PM

:biggums:

imdaman99
02-26-2014, 11:54 PM
I hope OKC trades Goatbrook. Preferably to a team that I don't hate.

Although not sure, why non OKC fans are so critical of him. All of a sudden silk is looking out for Durant's best interests??? :roll: good one. The fact is, he still fears Durant. OKC is slumping, and maybe it has a little to do with Westbrook coming back, but something tells me they will be ok in the long run.

JohnFreeman
02-26-2014, 11:54 PM
reported

Keno
02-27-2014, 12:03 AM
one of the worst trades of all time. will definitely hurt them in the long run, if it hasn't already.

SilkkTheShocker
02-27-2014, 12:05 AM
one of the worst trades of all time. will definitely hurt them in the long run, if it hasn't already.

I think it shut their chance on a title imo.

Jameerthefear
02-27-2014, 12:05 AM
The dangerous thing about Harden is he can go off at any moment. He's such a threat offensively. Anybody who says they prefer Jeremy Lamb and Steven Adams is crazy.

Boarder Patrol
02-27-2014, 12:09 AM
If OKC never win a title, still definitely an if, this is going to be looked at as one of the worst trades ever. For real.

DMAVS41
02-27-2014, 01:55 AM
One of the worst trades of all time. Bill Simmons still bashes them for it every chance he gets.

Such an ignorant statement. It boggles the mind.

Thunder in 2012 with Harden;

2nd best offense
11th best defense

2013;

Best offense
4th best defense

2014;

6th best offense
4th best defense

It's hilarious how a narrative just takes off even though it doesn't add up. It's like a perfect example of the law of diminishing returns. It's impossible to have Harden, WB, and Durant playing anywhere near their optimal levels when on the court at the same time...not to mention Harden is a truly awful defender and isn't great without the ball in his hands...and when it's in his hands...it's not in Duran'ts or WB's hands...

Seriously...that trade has allowed Ibaka, Durant, and WB to all play closer to their optimal levels...while getting younger and addressing needs with Adams and Lamb. Not to mention it has allowed Reggie Jackson to speed up is evolution...

it was a great move actually...and the only thing that ****ed it up to date has been a total fluke injury to WB last year.

the big mistake that Presti has made to date was to not make a move at the trade deadline this year...but of course nobody will talk about that...because most people are too stupid comprehend anything beyond the most simple things

DMAVS41
02-27-2014, 01:59 AM
As I type this I'm watching Darren Collison absolutely rape Harden in crunch time...LOL

Im Still Ballin
02-27-2014, 02:01 AM

This.

Although OKC is soo amazingly stacked they have managed fine without him.

russwest0
02-27-2014, 02:02 AM

2nd best offense
11th best defense

2013;

Best offense
4th best defense

2014;

6th best offense
4th best defense

It's hilarious how a narrative just takes off even though it doesn't add up. It's like a perfect example of the law of diminishing returns. It's impossible to have Harden, WB, and Durant playing anywhere near their optimal levels when on the court at the same time...not to mention Harden is a truly awful defender and isn't great without the ball in his hands...and when it's in his hands...it's not in Duran'ts or WB's hands...

Seriously...that trade has allowed Ibaka, Durant, and WB to all play closer to their optimal levels...while getting younger and addressing needs with Adams and Lamb. Not to mention it has allowed Reggie Jackson to speed up is evolution...

it was a great move actually...and the only thing that ****ed it up to date has been a total fluke injury to WB last year.

the big mistake that Presti has made to date was to not make a move at the trade deadline this year...but of course nobody will talk about that...because most people are too stupid comprehend anything beyond the most simple things

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

REP, REP, REP, REP, REP, REP, REP, REP, REP, REP, REP, REP, REP, REP, REP, REP, REP, REP

Milbuck
02-27-2014, 02:02 AM
:oldlol: Even Rockets fans hate him. They'll never admit it though.

sportjames23
02-27-2014, 02:14 AM

Hate to agree with this Lebron dickrider, but yeah. OKC would fvcking dominate if they still had Harden.

On the verge of winning and you essentially throw away one of your best players. OKC had their won Big 3. You don't break up a Big 3.

MellowYellow
02-27-2014, 02:21 AM
I think OKC would be better off with Ibaka over Harden just because their defense would suffer greatly without him and with Harden on their team. Westbrook and Harden is debatable though, noone forsaw his knee surgeries though.

miles berg
02-27-2014, 02:25 AM
OKC should have bit the bullet and kept Durant/Westbrook/Ibaka/Harden together. Pay the extra tax, it would have come back to them in championship revenue.

Droid101
02-27-2014, 02:31 AM

2nd best offense
11th best defense

2013;

Best offense
4th best defense

2014;

6th best offense
4th best defense

I gotta say — I love Thunder fans. And they spend money on their team — according to Forbes, Oklahoma City has the league’s most expensive ticket right now — which makes it even sadder when OKC cheaps out and its loyal fans just accept it. That they continue to defend the indefensible Harden trade and email me every time Jeremy Lamb or Steven Adams looks good while overlooking things like “We could have just waited a year and traded Harden last summer” or “We cheaped out at the 2014 trade deadline as always and three days later we had 39-year-old Derek Fisher trying to defend a red-hot Jamal Crawford in crunch time on national TV” makes them genuinely endearing. At least for me. I hope my kids will always love me as unconditionally as much as Thunder fans love the Thunder.

Here’s a fun game: “How One-Sided Would the Trade Have to Be for a Thunder Fan to Turn on Their Team?”

For instance, let’s say they lost the 2014 Finals and traded Durant to Phoenix for the Morris twins, Channing Frye and three first-round picks, then told their fans, “This will make us better and deeper long-term” … would the Thunder fans get mad?

What if you removed all three first-round picks and it was just Durant for the Morris twins and Frye, along with $3 million cash and 40 second-round picks through 2055? Would that push them over the edge and piss them off?

What about just Durant straight up for Channing Frye? They’d definitely get mad at that, right? I’d love to know where the line is. Because it’s clearly not “We broke up a possible dynasty and replaced the best 2-guard in basketball with a backup shooting guard, an energy guy off the bench, a non-lottery pick and one year of Kevin Martin.”

Credit: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-nba-bag-volume-1/

russwest0
02-27-2014, 02:33 AM
Silkk is a clown.

Keno
02-27-2014, 02:40 AM
bill simmons knows more about the nba than your entire family tree combined.

russwest0
02-27-2014, 02:45 AM
bill simmons knows more about the nba than your entire family tree combined.

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/bill-simmons-sucks-at-playing-basketball-terrible-basketball-shots.gif

ImKobe
02-27-2014, 02:49 AM

2nd best offense
11th best defense

2013;

Best offense
4th best defense

2014;

6th best offense
4th best defense

Don't do em' like that! :eek:

FPJ
02-27-2014, 02:50 AM
http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/bill-simmons-sucks-at-playing-basketball-terrible-basketball-shots.gif

Now post one with yourself doing that...

ImKobe
02-27-2014, 03:00 AM
Now post one with yourself doing that...

Most kids at the park could at least hit the rim with a hook shot. It's one of the easiests shots to learn. Though you can't call that even a hook shot, it's more like he tries to shoot it from his chest while spinning around, for someone that's been around the NBA for so long you'd think he could hit the rim from that distance :lol

gin17
02-27-2014, 03:16 AM
they miss perkins more.

JohnFreeman
02-27-2014, 03:18 AM
People are judging Simmons basketball knowledge with a sky hook gif?

ImKobe
02-27-2014, 03:19 AM

You call that a sky hook? :oldlol:

russwest0
02-27-2014, 03:19 AM

Bill Simmons supporter I presume? :lol :lol :lol

Milbuck
02-27-2014, 03:22 AM
I think we can all agree that the person they miss the most is Daequan Cook, closely followed by Lazar Hayward.

JohnFreeman
02-27-2014, 03:30 AM
Bill Simmons supporter I presume? :lol :lol :lol
Not really, but the guy knows his basketball..

shejan
02-27-2014, 03:34 AM
Harden is first and foremost a scorer/playmaker and his defense is almost non-existent. Harden is better and worth more than Ibaka overall. BUT Ibaka is more valuable than Harden to OKC. Everyone's panicking after a 3 game losing streak. Relax take a step back and wait. Let Westbrook gel into the lineup after injury. Let's judge the team midway through March.

ImKobe
02-27-2014, 03:46 AM
Harden is first and foremost a scorer/playmaker and his defense is almost non-existent. Harden is better and worth more than Ibaka overall. BUT Ibaka is more valuable than Harden to OKC. Everyone's panicking after a 3 game losing streak. Relax take a step back and wait. Let Westbrook gel into the lineup after injury. Let's judge the team midway through March.

This. And it's just February with WB just returning :oldlol:

The last 2 games were both winnable, but OKC has looked clueless on offense down the stretch with Russell, they just lack the chemistry and don't seem to know where their teammates will be, some bad, unforced errors and taking bad shots when there are better options, chucking the 3 ball too much.

It's about being healthy and clicking come Playoff time, they need to hit stride at the right time.

tpols
02-27-2014, 03:56 AM
I like Simmons, but he is just so wrong about this. And he'll never admit it...

In his ****ed up logic...WB, Durant, Harden, and Ibaka are combining to score like 100 points a game and they all get to have the ball as much as they want.

Come back to reality Bill...the last thing this Thunder team needs is another ball dominant perimeter player...that happens to play awful defense.

I agree with most of what you're saying, but 1) Harden wasnt a terrible defender on OKC.. he became a terrible one when he came to houston and got all the first option hype. Hes only cared about offense/numbers from that point on. And 2) Durant shouldnt be a ball dominant player. Hes a dominant off the ball threat and shooter and would excel the most in a Dirk like role where he plays off ball until crunchtime then he starts taking over.

The Thunder as a team peaked in the 2012 LAL and SAS series.. theyve never looked more dangerous before or aafter

Milbuck
02-27-2014, 04:05 AM
I agree with most of what you're saying, but 1) Harden wasnt a terrible defender on OKC.. he became a terrible one when he came to houston and got all the first option hype. Hes only cared about offense/numbers from that point on. And 2) Durant shouldnt be a ball dominant player. Hes a dominant off the ball threat and shooter and would excel the most in a Dirk like role where he plays off ball until crunchtime then he starts taking over.

The Thunder as a team peaked in the 2012 LAL and SAS series.. theyve never looked more dangerous before or aafter
If you're talking purely offensive firepower, you're probably right. But if we're talking overall team balance, it's debatable.

There was a 28 game stretch before Westbrook went down again this season during which you could've argued they looked better than they ever did with Harden.

tpols
02-27-2014, 04:10 AM
If you're talking purely offensive firepower, you're probably right. But if we're talking overall team balance, it's debatable.

There was a 28 game stretch before Westbrook went down again this season during which you could've argued they looked better than they ever did with Harden.

Harden was unstoppable in the playoffs til the Finals that year.. It was a perfect blend.. Westbrook and Harden taking turns destroying teams in the paint, picking apart defenses and Durant sniping/distracting defenses.

DMAVS41
02-27-2014, 04:13 AM

1. Harden wasn't as bad, but he was still a poor defender. The Thunder were 6 points worse per 100 possessions with Harden on the floor in 2012.

2. It's really hard to credit Harden with Ibaka and Perkins combining to go 18 of 20 from the field for 41 points in the do or die game 4 against the Spurs in 2012. They lose that game and that series is over...

3. I don't think that is the best the Thunder have looked...I think they were playing the best ball they've ever played overall in 2013 when they had a healthy WB. They were favorites to come out of the West and I still believe they would have beaten the Heat in the Finals.

4. Durant needs the ball more than Dirk. He might not need as much in his hands as he's had it lately, but he definitely isn't the type of player Dirk is that is going to set 50 screens a game on the ball...etc.

5. The real problem is that Presti sat on his assets. He never should have done that regardless, but especially not with WB's injury concerns. That is where legit criticism should be given...he's too focused on what the team is going to look like 5 years from now...rather than just going for the title this year and next like he should. They have the 3 main core pieces in WB, Durant, and Ibaka...they can always find a way to fill in a roster around them. Giving up the Dallas pick and a young asset like Perry Jones to have a better shot at the title was the move...and Presti blew it. If they lose this year...it's going to look idiotic in hindsight.

6. You also can't just ignore what happened in the finals...

Rocketswin2013
03-02-2014, 09:41 PM
I like Simmons, but he is just so wrong about this. And he'll never admit it...

In his ****ed up logic...WB, Durant, Harden, and Ibaka are combining to score like 100 points a game and they all get to have the ball as much as they want.

Come back to reality Bill...the last thing this Thunder team needs is another ball dominant perimeter player...that happens to play awful defense.

But.........IT DID work, Ibaka is only scoring more now because he has too, they run plays for him now, and he is shooting career highs from midrange and 3 point areas. Harden played OFF BALL in his 31 MPG season in OKC, and it worked ridiculously well, he didn't dominate the ball to get his points and assists because he was that efficient. Harden, Durant, Westbrook and Ibaka are all better players now. Harden would be at 18 ppg- 20 ppg on 50% shooting. If he were still in OKC, he would literally be putting up Goran Dragic's numbers if he had stayed, they were all getting better yearly and he was on pace to be that good this season. Face it, they effed up bad. They would have had 3 top 10 players who were at WORST just starting to enter their primes. I don't think any of them have even peaked yet, and that's the worst part, a super young yet super elite trio of best at their positions.

YOU SIMPLY DO NOT TRADE THAT AWAY

DMAVS41
03-02-2014, 09:45 PM
But.........IT DID work, Ibaka is only scoring more now because he has too, they run plays for him now, and he is shooting career highs from midrange and 3 point areas. Harden played OFF BALL in his 31 MPG season in OKC, and it worked ridiculously well, he didn't dominate the ball to get his points and assists because he was that efficient. Harden, Durant, Westbrook and Ibaka are all better players now. Harden would be at 18 ppg- 20 ppg on 50% shooting. If he were still in OKC, he would literally be putting up Goran Dragic's numbers if he had stayed, they were all getting better yearly and he was on pace to be that good this season. Face it, they effed up bad. They would have had 3 top 10 players who were at WORST just starting to enter their primes. I don't think any of them have even peaked yet, and that's the worst part, a super young yet super elite trio of best at their positions.

YOU SIMPLY DO NOT TRADE THAT AWAY

Yet somehow the Thunder got better on both ends after Harden left.

You need to look up the law of diminishing returns...

Not to mention we aren't even talking about the issues that started creeping in about benching WB during crunch time for Harden. The chemistry issues of the trade are under-rated as well...

Face it...the trade worked for both teams and those that hammered Presti just look stupid now. It's allowed Ibaka, WB, and Durant to flourish...while addressing other needs in the process

Rocketswin2013
03-02-2014, 09:57 PM

Not to mention we aren't even talking about the issues that started creeping in about benching WB during crunch time for Harden. The chemistry issues of the trade are under-rated as well...

Face it...the trade worked for both teams and those that hammered Presti just look stupid now. It's allowed Ibaka, WB, and Durant to flourish...while addressing other needs in the process

http://i42.tinypic.com/8y82yo.gif

Rocketswin2013
03-02-2014, 10:00 PM

The trade is really this in a nutshell: Harden/Collison or Lamb/ Adams off the bench.

Lamb is a average player but you have to actually gameplan with Harden.

Thunderstruck
03-02-2014, 10:01 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/8y82yo.gif
Then go away troll.

DMAVS41
03-02-2014, 10:02 PM
The trade is really this in a nutshell: Harden/Collison or Lamb/ Adams off the bench.

Lamb is a average player but you have to actually gameplan with Harden.

You also diminish WB, Durant, and Ibaka....you can't have all 4 of them playing at an optimal level

Also, you get worse defensively...noticeably. The Thunder took a leap defensively without Harden. And the even sicker thing? They got better offensively as well.

DirkNowitzki41
03-02-2014, 10:07 PM
okc fans delusional as ****.

"its okay, we got jeremy lamb" :oldlol:
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs35/f/2008/294/6/9/motivator_fetal_position_by_dark_ra01.jpg

Rocketswin2013
03-02-2014, 10:12 PM
You also diminish WB, Durant, and Ibaka....you can't have all 4 of them playing at an optimal level

Also, you get worse defensively...noticeably. The Thunder took a leap defensively without Harden. And the even sicker thing? They got better offensively as well.
The Thunder being better on defense is just an affect of a young team getting older and more mature. Harden was not an impactful overall defender, but not a liability either. He had to play defense and was average. OKC across the board has gotten better individually, especially KD. And James Harden was actually a very good post defender and much better at it than Durant, he was really good at defending slower wing players.

DMAVS41
03-02-2014, 10:26 PM
The Thunder being better on defense is just an affect of a young team getting older and more mature. Harden was not an impactful overall defender, but not a liability either. He had to play defense and was average. OKC across the board has gotten better individually, especially KD. And James Harden was actually a very good post defender and much better at it than Durant, he was really good at defending slower wing players.

Harden is a poor defender and it was only getting worse...it's his style.

Totally agree about KD and WB getting better..I'd add Ibaka as well. You know a big reason for that? They got to play at their optimal levels without sharing the ball and their role with another player best suited to have the ball in his hands on the perimeter.

People just can't grasp how you should build a team. Imagine if the Thunder this off season traded for Harden. LOL...it would make no sense. It doesn't address any of the issues with the team.

Like...do you people realize that Reggie Jackson would basically not exist? That their center position would be looking even more dreadful?

That they'd be in need of someone to replace what Thabo does for the future?

Legends66NBA7
03-02-2014, 10:31 PM
okc fans delusional as ****.

"its okay, we got jeremy lamb" :oldlol:

Um, how ?

They have the best record in the West, 2nd in wins, and are 3rd overall.

DMAVS41
03-02-2014, 10:35 PM
Um, how ?

They have the best record in the West, 2nd in wins, and are 3rd overall.

And they have Lamb and Adams getting burn. Reggie Jackson has turned into a key guy...they have the Dallas pick.

And they are going to be able to make moves once Perkins finally comes off after next year...moves they couldn't make with Harden.

I keep saying it. The real mistake Presti made was not making a move this year to get better. They kind of lucked out with Butler, but still not sold on that. He's needed big time though...

Boarder Patrol
03-02-2014, 11:05 PM
They should have done a Perkins + assets trade for a center upgrade. I can't come up with a reason for why they wouldn't.

DMAVS41
03-02-2014, 11:07 PM
They should have done a Perkins + assets trade for a center upgrade. I can't come up with a reason for why they wouldn't.

Or just any legit upgrade.

It will be interesting to see how Butler works out. If he does, Presti will be laughing, but if he doesn't (and they will need him for sure)...it's going to looke like a hugely wasted opportunity

Legends66NBA7
03-02-2014, 11:10 PM
And they have Lamb and Adams getting burn. Reggie Jackson has turned into a key guy...they have the Dallas pick.

And they are going to be able to make moves once Perkins finally comes off after next year...moves they couldn't make with Harden.

I keep saying it. The real mistake Presti made was not making a move this year to get better. They kind of lucked out with Butler, but still not sold on that. He's needed big time though...

Exactly. If your a winning team AND getting the younger players good development time, that's going to be the recipe for a very bright future.

I wish Brooks just inserted Adams into the starting rotation from the beginning of the year. I'd think he would be much better now and would be in ROY talks.

DMAVS41
03-02-2014, 11:12 PM
Exactly. If your a winning team AND getting the younger players good development time, that's going to be the recipe for a very bright future.

I wish Brooks just inserted Adams into the starting rotation from the beginning of the year. I'd think he would be much better now and would be in ROY talks.

I agree. I like what he's done with Lamb, but I think Adams needed to get more burn early. Especially as they know they are going to be heavily relying on him.

no pun intended
04-04-2014, 11:56 PM
shouldve traded westbrook instead of harden...

Thunderstruck
04-05-2014, 12:27 AM
shouldve traded westbrook instead of harden...
I'd take Westbrook over Harden personally, but would love to have all three. People seem to forget the Thunder offered Harden a 55 million dollar contract and he turned it down. The truth is, he wanted to be the man somewhere else so the Thunder let him go.

04-05-2014, 12:27 AM
As a Seattle Sonics fan, iit was gratifying to see him leave. Them okc fans got to learn for the the first time the business aspect of pro sports. It's not all kumbaya, we're winning with everyone happy and that's not about the money but for the "LooOooooove" of their game. :lol

I will always be embittered seeing Shawn Kemp force that trade summer of 1997 when he was disgruntled about his contract not getting reconfigured while Jim McIlvaine got his $35+ mill. What a bust he was lmao!

Random_Guy
04-05-2014, 01:32 AM
I'd take Westbrook over Harden personally, but would love to have all three. People seem to forget the Thunder offered Harden a 55 million dollar contract and he turned it down. The truth is, he wanted to be the man somewhere else so the Thunder let him go.
An extra five mil could have convinced him

dannywpt
04-05-2014, 09:06 AM
OP was dropped head first as a kid. Sad story.

bmd
04-05-2014, 10:59 AM

2nd best offense
11th best defense

2013;

Best offense
4th best defense

2014;

6th best offense
4th best defense

the big mistake that Presti has made to date was to not make a move at the trade deadline this year...but of course nobody will talk about that...because most people are too stupid comprehend anything beyond the most simple thingsYou miss the point. The point is that they got back virtually nothing for Harden.

Not the fact that they traded him.

Papaya Petee
04-05-2014, 11:10 AM
You miss the point. The point is that they got back virtually nothing for Harden.

Lets face it, Harden left over 5 million and wanting to be the man not a third option 6th man player. The Thunder aside from a Westbrook injury have been the 2nd best team in the nba behind Miami without him and aren't looking back. They did just fine.

tontoz
04-05-2014, 11:30 AM
[QUOTE=Droid101]I gotta say

tontoz
04-05-2014, 11:36 AM
. Westbrook's knee is never going to be the same again. And he doesn't have the NBA IQ to compensate losing any of his athleticism.

Westbrook has been putting up strong numbers since he came back from his injury. He is a low IQ player no doubt but i see no reason to believe that his knee will be a major issue.

All Net
04-05-2014, 11:42 AM
You miss the point. The point is that they got back virtually nothing for Harden.

They got Adams and Lamb

Adams could be very good...give it time to review what they got back.

WWRWestbrookDo?
04-05-2014, 01:44 PM
The Thunder would be 3x scarier with Harden over Ibaka or Westbrook. Westbrook's knee is never going to be the same again. And he doesn't have the NBA IQ to compensate losing any of his athleticism. Harden on the other hand is the best shooting guard in the league. I don't think they will ever recover from that trade. Cheap ownership killed their title hopes.

I don't think any OKC fan as ever denied missing Harden. It was probably one of the worst trades in the history of any sport. However, if Harden did want to go to his own team eventually what are ya going to do?

I liked the team with Harden more but I also like the team now. Offered Jackson the opportunity to step up as well as Lamb. We would have never got even value for Harden though.

Westbrook knee is fine. They'll win this year and that's a GUARANTEE

WWRWestbrookDo?
04-05-2014, 01:46 PM
seems like LeBron fans are always looking for a way to bash OKC

DMAVS41
04-05-2014, 03:19 PM

They got back Adams, Lamb, and a year of Kevin Martin...which gave them a chance to win in 13.

If WB doesn't go down last year...I actually think they would have won the title.

Not to mention they still have that Dallas pick.

They got exactly what you would want back. You can't get a star back because you can't pay him. You want young pieces and assets that still fit in well with the team you have built...and Adams/Lamb do exactly that actually.

Now, where I think Presti should get some hate is not dealing that Dallas pick and going after a guy like Afflalo. Because I just don't see the point. With Afflalo they get exactly what they seem to kind of be missing...and also would protect them if WB gets hurt again as they'd still actually have a chance to win without him.

I'm just not sure what people think the point is of having WB, Harden, and Durant on the same team...Just to be a perfect example of the law of diminishing returns? I really don't know...you don't want a no defense playing...isn't great without the ball in his hands guard...playing next to WB to begin with. Let alone with WB and Durant.

It was the right move to trade Harden...and getting back two role players that address needs of the team is exactly what you want.

The defense has improved tremendously since 12 and the offense is pretty much right there still. Not to mention it allows Durant and WB to do more of what makes them so great...and it removes the whole "who should be running point at the end of games" controversy that had started all the way back in 11.