PDA

View Full Version : How come Lebron doesn't face up in the post like Blake Griffin?

JohnMax
02-27-2014, 04:04 AM
Griffin does that alot to the point where its impossible to guard him 1 on 1. Why doesn't Lebron just copy him?

Smook A.
02-27-2014, 04:06 AM
Because LeBron has a game outside of posting up.

miggyme1
02-27-2014, 05:51 AM
Griffin does that alot to the point where its impossible to guard him 1 on 1. Why doesn't Lebron just copy him?

he doesnt have to....lebron is a perimeter player first and foremost so when he posts up its too take advantage of a smaller player guarding him whereas blake is a pf and plays the paint so in order for him to catch players off guard he has to switch from back to the basket to face up at times

FKAri
02-27-2014, 05:52 AM
Lebron is usually guarded by smaller guys. Smaller guys are quicker. Lebron can't beat them with his first step. But if he has room to operate and get a couple long strides in he can blow by almost anyone. So to answer your question he does face up he just gives himself that room which means instead of the post he's a bit further out.

Brook(lyn)Lopez
02-27-2014, 05:55 AM
Because Lebron James does not just copy Blake Griffin.

BrownEye007
02-27-2014, 07:16 AM
LeBron simply isn't talented enough to do the things that BG does.

JohnFreeman
02-27-2014, 07:28 AM
http://deadhomersociety.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/tohiii-6.png

toooo
02-27-2014, 01:19 PM
This

Spaulding
02-27-2014, 01:25 PM

BG mvp

RoundMoundOfReb
02-27-2014, 01:30 PM
Because LeBron is typically being guarded by quicker/smaller players while BG is guarded by bigger/slower players.

TylerOO
02-27-2014, 01:53 PM
LeBran Jame dont need no tips from Griffin

LeGOAT
02-27-2014, 01:54 PM
I think Bron is doing just fine

FireDavidKahn
02-27-2014, 02:07 PM
How come Blake Griffin doesn't win championships like Lebron?

Fiasco
02-27-2014, 02:09 PM
How come Blake Griffin doesn't win championships like Lebron?

When James Harden and Step Curry come play for less than they're worth with him, let's ask this.

LeGOAT
02-27-2014, 02:15 PM
When James Harden and Step Curry come play for less than they're worth with him, let's ask this.
Lol implying the Clippers don't have great players

rhowen4
02-27-2014, 02:15 PM
Did cp3 died?

inclinerator
02-27-2014, 02:49 PM
paul> curry, jj redick, jordan, barnes, crawford> ballhog harden

Fiasco
02-27-2014, 02:54 PM
Lol implying the Clippers don't have great players

lol Implying the Clippers had a good team before this year.

Did cp3 died?

He's not dead. But he's one guy.

paul> curry, jj redick, jordan, barnes, crawford> ballhog harden

Paul over Curry, yes. Not sure if you're serious about that last part...

scm5
02-27-2014, 04:06 PM
Because even though Lebron does have an explosive first step, he's always been better at getting past his man off the dribble. It's probably more comfortable for him.

DuMa
02-27-2014, 04:08 PM
Blake is more athletic than Bron at this point. I would love to see Blake running more pick and roll sets like Bran does. I think he could pull it off

CavaliersFTW
02-27-2014, 04:29 PM
Basic fundamentals folks, you face up competition that is bigger and/or slower than you that have an edge on you in strength so as to beat them with first steps and quickness, you back down opponents that are smaller and/or weaker than you but have an edge on you in quickness... Plain and simple you try to put the defender at a disadvantage. Lebron is bigger and stronger than most of the players that guard him, Blake is quicker than most of the players that guard him. I can't believe I'm defending two guys that I normally enjoy trash talking but I swear none of you actually understand why players use certain moves to score, unless a shot or a play is rushed there's a very deliberate reason behind a players position and footwork.

Also, I will add, Blake isn't yet very good at playing with his back to the basket, he's still learning the game. There are times when he SHOULD be backing his man down but he just isn't comfortable doing it yet. As for Lebron's ability to face up? He's mastered it, he could face-up better than Blake Griffin could from the day he stepped on an NBA floor... him finally learning how to take advantage of backing players down with his strong frame is much more impressive.