PDA

View Full Version : Doug McDermott = Chandler Parsons + 44% 3-pt

UK2K
02-27-2014, 06:56 PM
I know white guy and white guy.

But really. Both taller, semi-athletic, solid defense, rebounds, assists. Similar players. I think that's worth a top 5 pick.

Milbuck
02-27-2014, 06:57 PM
...Did you seriously just say that Doug McDermott is worth a top 5 pick?

Smook A.
02-27-2014, 06:58 PM
He could be a top 10 pick. Definitely not top 5

scott0326
02-27-2014, 06:59 PM
He is not going top 5, especially in this draft class.

MavsSuperFan
02-27-2014, 07:00 PM
Stereotypical college superstar, NBA roleplayer

Eg. Jimmer Fredette, JR Reddick, psycho T, Christian Laettner, Bobby Hurley, etc.

Dont watch much college basketball (very rarely in fact), but I think its cause you need less athleticism to get off your jumpers in college, as compared with the NBA

Quizno
02-27-2014, 07:02 PM
he won't be in the top 10 but he's a really intriguing prospect. one of those guys that could turn into a really good, reliable scorer or be a complete scrub who can't crack the rotation

Smook A.
02-27-2014, 07:04 PM

Eg. Jimmer Fredette, JR Reddick, psycho T, Christian Laettner, Bobby Hurley, etc.
It's JJ Redick not JR Reddick. Out of all those guys he's the best

Grinder
02-27-2014, 07:08 PM
I know white guy and white guy.

But really. Both taller, semi-athletic, solid defense, rebounds, assists. Similar players. I think that's worth a top 5 pick.

There's very few similarities actually.

Parsons was a versatile role player in college and is a lot more athletic than McDermott. A lot of times he initiated the offense and played in a point forward role for the Gators. He was never really known as a great shooter, a decent one yes, but nothing more than that.

McDermott is a volume scorer and an incredible shooter. He plays in the post a lot more than Parsons ever did in college and has far better offensive instincts. His passing isn't at the same level that Parsons was in college and his assists are more a product of passing out of double teams. He's a smart defender but he doesn't have the physical tools to defend the perimeter as well as Parsons currently does.

McDermott could be a very good player in the NBA but he projects to be nothing like Parsons. He's like a better shooting, slightly less athletic Antawn Jamison if we're reaching for a comparison.

MavsSuperFan
02-27-2014, 07:15 PM
It's JJ Redick not JR Reddick. Out of all those guys he's the best
ur right lol JJ, I dont know where I got JR lol

rhowen4
02-27-2014, 07:43 PM
he won't be in the top 10 but he's a really intriguing prospect. one of those guys that could turn into a really good, reliable scorer or be a complete scrub who can't crack the rotation
agreed. he'll be one of those things. only thing is he seems pretty slow, i didn't get an athletic vibe from him at all. fdp

also he looks like the guy who hit on pam when she went to art school, **** that guy

ALBballer
02-27-2014, 07:52 PM
He reminds me more of Adam Morrison with a post game. I think he could be a good pro and worth a pick after 10.

ALBballer
02-27-2014, 07:54 PM

Dont watch much college basketball (very rarely in fact), but I think its cause you need less athleticism to get off your jumpers in college, as compared with the NBA

Dafuq you just mentioned a bunch of white guys that were stars in college.

MavsSuperFan
02-27-2014, 08:04 PM
Dafuq you just mentioned a bunch of white guys that were stars in college.
ya thats my point, they were stars in college, but at best role players in the NBA, I am guess its because you need less athleticism to guard and get your jumper off in college as compared to what you need to accomplish the same in the nba

Bibby4Three
02-27-2014, 09:11 PM
I would say lottery pick but I agree he will be nothing special. His game just really won't translate. Parsons is much quicker than McDermott in my opinion and doesn't even compare to how good Parsons is.

christian1923
02-27-2014, 09:16 PM
I like this kid he can light it up. Lottery pick Forsure.

hawksdogsbraves
02-27-2014, 10:26 PM
He's nothing like Parsons. Literally nothing like him at all.

Parsons is much more athletic and a better ball handler. He's something of a point-forward.

McDermott is a better scorer, he has a good post game and is obviously a great shooter. He's a lot bigger than Jimmer, so I can see him being able to get his shot off in the pros. I don't know if he has the lateral quickness to defend anybody, that could really limit his effectiveness once he's in the NBA. He posts up a fair amount in college, I don't know if he'll be able to do that at the next level. If he can, then he could be a legit 20ppg scorer. If not, he'll really just be a shooter off the bench, albeit a very good one. I tend to think he'll be more of the latter, but I still think he'll be a very good pick in the mid-teens.

UK2K
02-27-2014, 11:10 PM
The guy is 6'8" 225. He stayed for his senior year and has become a great defender.

Before this year, we knew he could handle the ball, attack the rim, and had range out to 28 feet.

Now we know he plays solid defense to boot. Hes much much more then Morrison, and his game will translate great.

ZoPunde
02-27-2014, 11:28 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol:

actually a poor man's steve novak or adam morrison, won't be able to get his shot off in the post because of height (6'8) and wingspan (6'8 t-rex arms) or rebound, no foot speed whatsoever won't be able to defend (interior or perimeter) or create his own shot, for his career he will be a guy who comes in off the bench for 15-20 minutes and shoot spot up jumpers, he would be lucky to be a late 1st round pick

UK2K
03-09-2014, 02:53 AM
45 points on senior night.
Moved from 9th to 7th all time scoring list.
Scored his 3000th point.

Like I said, Chandler Bang with range. Dude's ceiling is 21pts, 8rebs, 3 asts and 44% from deep.

ralph_i_el
03-09-2014, 12:22 PM
McDermott's ceiling is Luis Scola with lights out 3 point shooting. Or a Mini-Dirk

Brook(lyn)Lopez
03-09-2014, 12:24 PM

JJ Redick's brain in JR Smith's body?

Goat!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

mr.big35
03-09-2014, 12:26 PM
If you played all 4 years of college ball you are at best as a role player.

wang4three
03-09-2014, 12:29 PM

Parsons was not even the best player on his team in college at times. He wasn't a superstar by any means. He also has pretty good athleticism so I don't know what you're talking about. Also, his jumper is wayyyy better now than it was in college. He was way more streaky at Florida.

Tyler Hansbrough has pretty good athleticism too. Great hands. Inconsistent jumper though. So I don't know why he's on your list.

As far as what you're saying, it has nothing to do as much with athleticism as much as a team being built around their skills and talents. With Jimmer and JJ, Duke and BYU's entire offense was built around their ability to shoot and to come off screens At the next level, no team wants (or should) build their skills. Also, of recent note, most of these guys (save Morrison) are undersized for their position at the next level. Jimmer is more of a 2, but he has the size of a 1. Same with JJ. Tyler isn't big enough to play center, and so on.

senelcoolidge
03-09-2014, 12:49 PM
Unlike most of the guys that will go ahead of him that are one and dones that will be total question marks coming in. Guys that will still need time to learn to play the game and develop. You know what you're getting with McDermott. I don't think McDermott will be rookie of the year. He may sit on the pine a few years..depends where he plays. But he will probably be better overall than some of those hyped guys drafted before him.

CelticBaller
03-09-2014, 01:15 PM
If you played all 4 years of college ball you are at best as a role player.
Tim Duncan

Marlo_Stanfield
03-09-2014, 01:23 PM
chandler PArsons is horrible, so without knowing the dude i say hell be better:applause: :applause:

BoutPractice
03-09-2014, 01:29 PM
Very unique player with an unorthodox style- he's the wild card in this draft. Everyone who acts like he's a "foregone conclusion" as either a success or failure may be shocked. He could be a Kevin Love style surprise (not saying their games are similar, if anything he's more like Antawn Jamison, just noting that Kevin Love similarly could've been dismissed as a slow, unathletic undersized white guy... the walking counterargument to the idea that these players inherently lack "upside"), a nice role player, or the first player out of this draft to be out of the league. It's that unpredictable with him. Definitely worth taking a chance on after the lottery.