PDA

View Full Version : No Excuse For Clippers Not Making WCF

SilkkTheShocker
02-28-2014, 10:50 AM
Huge choke on CP3's part if they don't make it at least that far. No more free passes for him

Im Still Ballin
02-28-2014, 10:55 AM
2nd round only is major choke.

Expectation: As you said, WCF

MichaelCorleone
02-28-2014, 10:57 AM
If that's the case for Clippers, then there's no excuse for Thunder not to win the championship.

SilkkTheShocker
02-28-2014, 10:58 AM
2nd round only is major choke.

Expectation: As you said, WCF

definitely. They got a talented team, great coach, and two of the best players in the league. Losing in the 2nd round or earlier would be a gigantic failure.

SilkkTheShocker
02-28-2014, 10:58 AM
If that's the case for Clippers, then there's no excuse for Thunder not to win the championship.

With the Spurs getting older, there is definitely no excuse for OKC not at least going to the Finals.

MichaelCorleone
02-28-2014, 10:59 AM
The Clippers, with their newest roster, warrants a WCF appearance. Then the Thunder should be expected the win the chip, no excuses.

Nikola_
02-28-2014, 11:01 AM
good luck with blake and deandre shooting ft in the clutch

good luck with throwing lobs in halfcourt set when defenses tighten up

good luck

Charlie Sheen
02-28-2014, 11:09 AM
good luck with blake and deandre shooting ft in the clutch

good luck with throwing lobs in halfcourt set when defenses tighten up

good luck

You're foolish and your criticism of BG's offense is hilariously outdated.

Frozen1
02-28-2014, 11:37 AM
INB4 spurs sweep them with TD and Splitter owning Fake Griffin.

Micku
02-28-2014, 11:42 AM
A healthy Spurs and OKC could beat them. They are going to play either team in the 2nd round. So, we'll see.

navy
02-28-2014, 11:44 AM
Huge choke on CP3's part if they don't make it at least that far. No more free passes for him
He has an injured shoulder. He will have an excuse regardless.

Twiens
02-28-2014, 12:32 PM
Most talented team in the West, could still see them losing in the first though.

CelticBaller
02-28-2014, 12:36 PM
They should be able to beat the spurs, OKC is a toss up

Young X
02-28-2014, 12:46 PM
So if the Clippers lose to OKC or SAS, two teams with better records than them without homecourt advantage it's a choke on Paul's part regardless of how he plays?

SilkkTheShocker
02-28-2014, 12:50 PM
So if the Clippers lose to OKC or SAS, two teams with better records than them without homecourt advantage it's a choke on Paul's part regardless of how he plays?

He is playing with a top 3 PF, deep bench, and an elite coach. What else does he need? I am not even saying ring or bust. But they should at least make the WCF. If Paul dominates and they lose, than I will take that into consideration

oh the horror
02-28-2014, 12:58 PM
At some point, if the clips go out the first or second round we have to start considering wtf is up with them.

Chris Paul shouldn't get a pass. And with the Clips it'll just be the same old story year after year. They have to perform well this year.

Darius
02-28-2014, 01:06 PM
At some point, if the clips go out the first or second round we have to start considering wtf is up with them.

Chris Paul shouldn't get a pass. And with the Clips it'll just be the same old story year after year. They have to perform well this year.

You are right.

Otherwise they will have to bear the crushing shame dished out by such online luminaries as "ohthehorror" and "silkktheshokker".

:oldlol:

ISH, man.

Clips putting themselves in best position they can. Lots of good teams out there. We'll see what happens.

Big Cheese
02-28-2014, 01:11 PM
I still put the clippers a tier below okc and the spurs. Pple always sleep on the spurs during the regular season because they go into maintain mode but they go into a different gear in the post season and wnd up surprising people

SilkkTheShocker
02-28-2014, 01:12 PM
I still put the clippers a tier below okc and the spurs. Pple always sleep on the spurs during the regular season because they go into maintain mode during the regular season but they always end up surprising people in the post season

No they don't

tpols
02-28-2014, 01:16 PM
He is playing with a top 3 PF, deep bench, and an elite coach. What else does he need? I am not even saying ring or bust. But they should at least make the WCF. If Paul dominates and they lose, than I will take that into consideration

Bron wouldnt win with this clippers team.. where's the dwayne wade to come through when the going gets rough? Jamal Crawford?:oldlol:

BigTicket
02-28-2014, 01:18 PM
If Chris Paul is actually one of the all time great PGs, then he should be able to get to the WCF at least. If he can't, then he doesn't deserve to be mentioned alongside players like Stockton, Kidd or Payton.

SilkkTheShocker
02-28-2014, 01:27 PM
Bron wouldnt win with this clippers team.. where's the dwayne wade to come through when the going gets rough? Jamal Crawford?:oldlol:

LAll Im saying is that they need to at least make the WCF. You don't think LeBron makes the WCF with that Clippers team? You're more dumb than I thought :oldlol:

tpols
02-28-2014, 01:31 PM
LAll Im saying is that they need to at least make the WCF. You don't think LeBron makes the WCF with that Clippers team? You're more dumb than I thought :oldlol:

Warriors first round
Spurs second round
Thunder WCF
Pacers Finals

No.. Bron doesnt win shit with the clippers. They'd wear out from that schedule and they barely beat the spurs last year with an even better supporting cast in the Heat. Now they face them in the second round instead of the third string bulls? Yup, its a wrap

SilkkTheShocker
02-28-2014, 01:33 PM
Warriors first round
Spurs second round
Thunder WCF
Pacers Finals

No.. Bron doesnt win shit with the clippers. They'd wear out from that schedule and they barely beat the spurs last year with an even better supporting cast in the Heat. Now they face them in the second round instead of the third string bulls? Yup, its a wrap

Better supporting cast? Bosh was a non-factor for huge chunks of the playoffs and Wade was hurt. A bitter Kobe ******ger using revisionist history? Say it isn't so :oldlol:

tpols
02-28-2014, 01:39 PM
Better supporting cast? Bosh was a non-factor for huge chunks of the playoffs and Wade was hurt. A bitter Kobe ******ger using revisionist history? Say it isn't so :oldlol:

Wade saved himslef for the Finals.. averaged 20/5/4 with critical games in the middle of the series when Bran was going 2011mode.

The Clippers dont have someone like that. BG is more likely to get beat up and shrink than step up when it gets tough.

If Chris Paul was playing with Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh out east theyd be a lock for the Finals every year.

HurricaneKid
02-28-2014, 01:44 PM
WTF is this? They would currently have a 1st rd matchup against HOU and a second rd matchup with OKC. Sorry, thats no choke. I assume Portland will fall past HOU and LAC but that still means that LAC have to leapfrog HOU to get to the 3 to avoid a second round matchup with OKC. That still leaves them with SAS in the second round. And they aren't favorites against either team. So its no choke. Its going to end up really hurting CP3's legacy to not have some degree of playoff success. But that doesn't mean they would be chokers to a top 2 team in the league in a 7 game series.

oh the horror
02-28-2014, 01:46 PM
You are right.

Otherwise they will have to bear the crushing shame dished out by such online luminaries as "ohthehorror" and "silkktheshokker".

ISH, man.

Clips putting themselves in best position they can. Lots of good teams out there. We'll see what happens.

It's not just going to be ish posters dude. It'll be everyone. They have to shake off the bad juju of being "the clippers" at some point man. So far they've yet to have a deep playoff showing.

FireDavidKahn
02-28-2014, 01:56 PM
The Thunder's excuse is Lebron. They should be content with just making the finals.:lol

hawksdogsbraves
02-28-2014, 02:13 PM
They've *got* to make the WCF this year. They definitely have the talent for it, but somehow I just feel like they're going to get upset in the 2nd round again.

Crafty
02-28-2014, 02:42 PM
Out of Spurs, Okc, Hostoun, Clippers, Indy, MIA .. the Clippers have the best chance of a 1st round exit.
I don't know why but they just don't won me over yet

stephanieg
02-28-2014, 02:49 PM
Big Baby and Granger aren't that good. Maybe they can hook Granny Danger up with a ticket to Germany.

And Doc Rivers is absurdly overrated. He was considered one of the worst coaches in the league until KG and Ray fell in his lap. And how much of that Boston success was the Thibs defense?

beastee
02-28-2014, 02:54 PM
OP is right on this one. Normally trolling...but not this time. I am sick of hearing how great CP3 is and never winning when it matters. He is healthy and so is his marginally stacked team. Do it now or he is not a top 3 PG anymore IMO.

Legends66NBA7
02-28-2014, 02:56 PM
Lot's of excuse making in this thread for the Clippers.

It's either title or bust for the players. The Clippers have been in LA for like 29 seasons now... it's time for them to make a huge step in the playoffs with the team they have. If they play like crap, I don't want to hear it.

ClutchOver9000
02-28-2014, 02:57 PM
OP is right on this one. Normally trolling...but not this time. I am sick of hearing how great CP3 is and never winning when it matters. He is healthy and so is his marginally stacked team. Do it now or he is not a top 3 PG anymore IMO.

This

IMObjective
02-28-2014, 03:00 PM
And Doc Rivers is absurdly overrated. He was considered one of the worst coaches in the league until KG and Ray fell in his lap. And how much of that Boston success was the Thibs defense?
I used to think this, but do you think he had anything to do with blake and deandre's improvement this year?

Kblaze8855
02-28-2014, 03:00 PM
When you start blaming people for hypothetical losses in the future with no idea what anyone else on either team does its clear you don't even care about the game. Just finding a reason to hate. The west could end up in any order 1-5. The Rockets are the 5th seed with a better record than the Clippers and all 5 top seeds are a hot or bad week from being 1st or 5th.

Cant assume a second round loss would be on Paul. They run into the Thunder and Durant scores 44 a game, CP3 outplays Russell, and the Clippers shooters have an off series he was supposed to win anyway?

Just see what happens. Just waiting for a loss to hate no matter what causes it....you might as well be the Lebron haters you spend months arguing with.

MavsPoke
02-28-2014, 03:07 PM
The West if freaking brutal this year.

Make it out of the first round and then worry about WCF and Championships.

Legends66NBA7
02-28-2014, 03:13 PM
ISH, man.

Coming from the guy who laughs at other teams for supposedly putting out "2nd rate talent", your team better bring it in the playoffs. Otherwise, it's your team that's going to be laughed at for being the "2nd rate team" in LA again.

Clippers have had a miserable history. You've gotten Chris Paul from the veto, developed Griffin and Jordan well this year, got a good bench, and a coach with a lot of experience. It's time to make that next step or it's a bust for them.

oarabbus
02-28-2014, 03:18 PM
When you start blaming people for hypothetical losses in the future with no idea what anyone else on either team does its clear you don't even care about the game. Just finding a reason to hate. The west could end up in any order 1-5. The Rockets are the 5th seed with a better record than the Clippers and all 5 top seeds are a hot or bad week from being 1st or 5th.

Cant assume a second round loss would be on Paul. They run into the Thunder and Durant scores 44 a game, CP3 outplays Russell, and the Clippers shooters have an off series he was supposed to win anyway?

Just see what happens. Just waiting for a loss to hate no matter what causes it....you might as well be the Lebron haters you spend months arguing with.

That's fair, although he still does have Deandre and BG. Either way, look at how TMac's legacy has been affected. CP3 has gotten farther but if he never sees a WCF, well, I think it'll hurt his legacy and some share of the blame lies on him.

FireDavidKahn
02-28-2014, 03:27 PM
Big Baby and Granger aren't that good. Maybe they can hook Granny Danger up with a ticket to Germany.

And the excuses are starting.:applause: :bowdown:

All Net
02-28-2014, 03:28 PM
No excuse? Last time I checked Spurs are still a contender. Would be no disgrace to lose to them.

Kblaze8855
02-28-2014, 03:30 PM
How many basketball fans you think know how far the Royals/King got with Oscar Robertson? Kings with Tiny Archibald? Hawks with Pistol Pete? Pistons with Dave Bing?

People don't even remember such things. I know...but nobody cares. CP3 wont be the exception. You win it all or you don't. Nobody marks down "Made the 3rd round." in a career summary.

Finals maybe. And even then people barely remember. Earl Monroe made the finals on the Bullets. Id bet 99% of the NBA fanbase couldn't say what year it was with a gun to their heads. Legacy first and foremost comes from ability. Always has.

Wins second. And nobody ever cared about a second round win before. Wont start now.

He loses in the WCF with a poor showing nobody hating on him now is gonna give him a pass because it was in the all important 3rd round.

People make topics like this poised to hate no matter what.

Sad state of affairs when the word "excuse" stands in for "reason". Things happen for a reason.

Not every reason a game or series was lost is an excuse.

Heavincent
02-28-2014, 03:33 PM
Warriors first round
Spurs second round
Thunder WCF
Pacers Finals

Hell, this years Warriors are better than any team the Heat faced in the East last year.

Solefade
02-28-2014, 03:37 PM
Hell, this years Warriors are better than any team the Heat faced in the East last year.

lol what? how the **** are the warriors better than the Pacers last year

Legends66NBA7
02-28-2014, 03:42 PM
Sad state of affairs when the word "excuse" stands in for "reason". Things happen for a reason.

Not every reason a game or series was lost is an excuse.

Or they could make it happen.

If the Clippers play good basketball, I don't think you can blame them much more losing in a 6-7 games series, but if it's someone not playing to the level their supposed to be playing, then they would probably be players labeled as "not being good enough" or "overrated".

That's the legacy of the current Clippers if they don't win and they keep this core for another 5-10 years.

aboss4real24
02-28-2014, 03:43 PM
Blake griffin in the offs is a non factor

all that dunking in the reg season will work ... not in the playoff

u actually have to have skill to win , which Blake doesnt have

Heavincent
02-28-2014, 03:45 PM
lol what? how the **** are the warriors better than the Pacers last year

Curry
Thompson
Iguodala
Lee
Bogut

Top 5 defense

You're overrating last years Pacers if you think they're better than that team. They didn't even have a superstar or a bench. At the very least, it's about even, but there's no way the Pacers are better.

Warriors will be dangerous in the playoffs this year.

KyleKong
02-28-2014, 03:47 PM
My expectations for the Clippers are the Finals.

Let's say they meet OKC in the second round or the WCF, Clippers have always matched up really well against them.

Yao Ming's Foot
02-28-2014, 03:55 PM
Chris Paul isn't Kobe. Nobody is. It's not fair to hold him to those type of expectations.

SilkkTheShocker
02-28-2014, 03:57 PM
Chris Paul isn't Kobe. Nobody is. It's not fair to hold him to those type of expectations.

That's true. Chris Paul has actually made it past the first round of playoffs without the best frountcourt in the league.

Solefade
02-28-2014, 03:58 PM
Curry
Thompson
Iguodala
Lee
Bogut

Top 5 defense

You're overrating last years Pacers if you think they're better than that team. They didn't even have a superstar or a bench. At the very least, it's about even, but there's no way the Pacers are better.

Warriors will be dangerous in the playoffs this year.

lol yet they're barely in the playoffs in the west, no doubt they're good when they're on but they're extremely inconsistent and we can't ignore that.

you're actually insinuating GSW can take the Heat to 7 games? :oldlol:

Yao Ming's Foot
02-28-2014, 04:02 PM
That's true. Chris Paul has actually made it past the first round of playoffs without the best frountcourt in the league.

Did he also ring five times with the worst backcourt support in the league? :confusedshrug:

HOoopCityJones
02-28-2014, 04:05 PM

And Lebron can't lead his own 60 win team to a championship.

Heavincent
02-28-2014, 04:08 PM
lol yet they're barely in the playoffs in the west, no doubt they're good when they're on but they're extremely inconsistent and we can't ignore that.

you're actually insinuating GSW can take the Heat to 7 games? :oldlol:

If the Warriors go 14-10 to close out the season they'll match the Pacers record from last season.

And yes, I believe they could take the Heat to 7 games.

J Shuttlesworth
02-28-2014, 04:15 PM
What does this thread have to do with LeBron? You're a Laker fan and this is a clippers thread. It's also a non-agenda thread by Silkk. What does Bron have to do with this thread, or does he just live in your head 24/7?

AnaheimLakers24
02-28-2014, 04:20 PM
1st round exit. cp3 is garbage

YouGotServed
02-28-2014, 04:43 PM
People are still overrating the Warriors. :oldlol: The hype has gotten out of hand. It was cool and trendy at first but now it's just gotten pretty lame.

OP is right. This Clippers team has been together for how many years now? 3? Championship or bust.

Darius
02-28-2014, 04:50 PM
Coming from the guy who laughs at other teams for supposedly putting out "2nd rate talent", your team better bring it in the playoffs. Otherwise, it's your team that's going to be laughed at for being the "2nd rate team" in LA again.

Clippers have had a miserable history. You've gotten Chris Paul from the veto, developed Griffin and Jordan well this year, got a good bench, and a coach with a lot of experience. It's time to make that next step or it's a bust for them.

Clippers are a bunch of millionaries I enjoy watching play. They aren't "my" team. I have nothing to do with whether they win or lose and they couldn't give a fvck about me. :pimp:

I think they are currently the 3rd best team in the West and possibly 2nd depending on how San Antonio's injuries play out and if JJ Redick comes back.

Even if they are 3rd though, they still have a good chance of losing before the WCF because the teams behind them aren't that far behind them. Basketball, even in a 7 game series, has a fair amount of luck in it.

I expect them to make the WCF but if they go out in the 2nd round it wouldn't be a significant underperformance.

And if they do go out? It won't be "excuses" why they lost. It will be "reasons".

Boarder Patrol
02-28-2014, 05:16 PM
Houston/LAC/OKC/Spurs. 4 teams I could realistically see in the finals.

Funny thing is, I honestly think OKC might be the least likely of that group.

Graviton
05-16-2014, 01:23 AM
:bowdown:

NumberSix
05-16-2014, 01:30 AM
Nah, LAC actually has an extremely legit reason this season

The-Legend-24
05-16-2014, 01:34 AM
This nikka always coming up with excuses. :oldlol: :oldlol: