PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo with the rockets next year?

LeBron 06
02-28-2014, 09:20 PM
Bill Simmons said that if rockets trade Osik and Lin in the off season, the rockets will be able to have Carmelo

Your thought on that?

Does the rockets would be the best team in the nba if they add Melo?

Yankstar
02-28-2014, 09:24 PM
Bill Simmons said that if rockets trade Osik and Lin in the off season, the rockets will be able to have Carmelo

Your thought on that?

Does the rockets would be the best team in the nba if they add Melo?

Nope that much team cancer on one team would cause the end of this world. :roll:

MJistheGOAT
02-28-2014, 09:26 PM
A big 3 of Beard, Melo and D12.

Nice in the paper, underperformers in reality.

Im so nba'd out
02-28-2014, 09:28 PM
james harden left playing kevin durant
dwight left playing with kobe bryant.
They clearly don't like playing with scorers so why would they be ok with carmelo coming to houston......

imnew09
02-28-2014, 09:30 PM
Can't due to cap

Xiao Yao You
02-28-2014, 09:35 PM
2 huge douche bags together on one team. Sounds like a winning combo.

Sarcastic
02-28-2014, 09:38 PM
2 huge douche bags together on one team. Sounds like a winning combo.

Works for Miami.

Xiao Yao You
02-28-2014, 09:43 PM
I guess. When I think douche it is Howard, Kobe and Carmelo.

Yankstar
02-28-2014, 10:09 PM
I guess. When I think douche it is Howard, Kobe and Carmelo.

I get it Kobe ended Yaos careers and your mad :applause:

LeGOAT
02-28-2014, 10:09 PM
http://i.imgur.com/QPKIfcB.jpg

Xiao Yao You
02-28-2014, 10:13 PM
:coleman:

DStebb716
02-28-2014, 10:16 PM
Huge if. Both Lin and Asik making $15 million next season.

russwest0
02-28-2014, 10:20 PM
Works for Miami.

:lol

JohnFreeman
02-28-2014, 10:23 PM
Defense will not be played on that day

KOBEtherealKing
02-28-2014, 10:27 PM
Beverly
Harden
Parsons
Anthony
Howard

Pretty good team tbh

niko
02-28-2014, 10:29 PM
Who is taking Lin into their cap for $8M, $15M cash payment. What is Houston giving up?

Yankstar
02-28-2014, 10:34 PM
Who is taking Lin into their cap for $8M, $15M cash payment. What is Houston giving up?

Trade Lin + Asik for Melo. Otherwise he walks for nothing in the off season. NYK are that desperate IMO :cheers:

niko
02-28-2014, 10:39 PM
Trade Lin + Asik for Melo. Otherwise he walks for nothing in the off season. NYK are that desperate IMO :cheers:
They wouldn't. they'd just let him walk. Clogging the cap with players who also kill your positioning for your pick makes no sense.

kamil
02-28-2014, 10:39 PM
Works for Miami.

LOL, burn!

Yankstar
02-28-2014, 10:43 PM
They wouldn't. they'd just let him walk. Clogging the cap with players who also kill your positioning for your pick makes no sense.

This is the Knicks. Since when have they made sense (signing Amare to the God awful contract, giving JR that multi year contract, signing Bags, etc...)
:roll:

secund2nun
02-28-2014, 10:45 PM
Melo and Harden would not be good together though Howard would average 25 rebounds per game :oldlol:

ABfor3
02-28-2014, 10:47 PM
No thanks, he will ask for too much money.. Won't be able to share the ball as much, we can't have two ball stoppers on the same team..

secund2nun
This is the Knicks. Since when have they made sense (signing Amare to the God awful contract, giving JR that multi year contract, signing Bags, etc...)

You would think signing Amare to that huge contract would be the last stupid thing they do, but nope they amnesty Billups and his small contract instead of Amare...they are the worst organization in sports possibly.

niko
They are trying to keep the cap space and they are against trading Melo. You can say what you want but it's still against what they are trying to do. They'd want garbage and picks or young cheap players. Not two expensive players. Throw in a pick or two, maybe.

Remember, this is a trade trade. Melo doesn't have ten places to go, and if he's threatening to go somewhere, we can open sign and trade with them too, or just cockblock. HAHA, THE KNICKS WILL TRADE US MELO BECAUSE WE WANT IT. If it makes you happy, say it all day. I don't see this scenario.

Yankstar
02-28-2014, 10:51 PM
They are trying to keep the cap space and they are against trading Melo. You can say what you want but it's still against what they are trying to do. They'd want garbage and picks or young cheap players. Not two expensive players. Throw in a pick or two, maybe.

Remember, this is a trade trade. Melo doesn't have ten places to go, and if he's threatening to go somewhere, we can open sign and trade with them too, or just cockblock. HAHA, THE KNICKS WILL TRADE US MELO BECAUSE WE WANT IT. If it makes you happy, say it all day. I don't see this scenario.

I am not a Rockets fan (quite the opposite TBH, I find the Harden + Dwight duo once of the least likeable in sports) but Melo will leave. I hope he goes to the Bulls personally. The East needs more strong sides for the good of the game. I don't think Houston will get him, I was really just making fun of how bad the Knicks are that they would consider this :cheers:

niko
02-28-2014, 10:53 PM
I am not a Rockets fan (quite the opposite TBH, I find the Harden + Dwight duo once of the least likeable in sports) but Melo will leave. I hope he goes to the Bulls personally. The East needs more strong sides for the good of the game. I don't think Houston will get him, I was really just making fun of how bad the Knicks are that they would consider this :cheers:

Nah, they are actually just going to let him walk. They didn't try to trade him and get bad assets, they actually played it out which was vaguely logical which in and of itself is strange. This season is strange, we have a coach that should have been fired in December still coaching, among other things.

secund2nun
02-28-2014, 10:54 PM

Houston has picks and 2 good young players in Parsons and Jones. I think it would be a mistake for Houston to make a run at Melo though.

Yankstar
02-28-2014, 10:58 PM
Nah, they are actually just going to let him walk. They didn't try to trade him and get bad assets, they actually played it out which was vaguely logical which in and of itself is strange. This season is strange, we have a coach that should have been fired in December still coaching, among other things.

It is funny, you would think someone would be willing to trade at least some picks or young players for a piece like Melo. He could make the difference between making the playoffs/making noise in the playoffs for a team this year, luxury tax be damned.

UK2K
03-01-2014, 12:25 AM
Or they can keep them, lr them expire after next season, and go into the off-season as currently constructed with 18m in cap space.

I like thay idea.

Pra
03-01-2014, 12:40 AM
Parsons is due a contract next year. I think he'll get/demand 8-10M a year. Therefore, this rules out Melo unless they let Parsons go. They'll probably end up resigning J. Lin for 5/6M a year? Who knows.

Yankstar
03-01-2014, 12:47 AM
Parsons is due a contract next year. I think he'll get/demand 8-10M a year. Therefore, this rules out Melo unless they let Parsons go. They'll probably end up resigning J. Lin for 5/6M a year? Who knows.

J lin will get more from some cheap GM who wants him for China money/viewership. Probably the Bucks/Kings/some other team with financial difficulty.

IncarceratedBob
03-01-2014, 01:28 AM
honestly i rather have parsons than melo if im starting a team

Smook A.
03-01-2014, 01:30 AM
Harden with Melo?
Melo with Dwight?

Won't work, imo

JohnFreeman
03-01-2014, 01:32 AM
Harden with Melo?
Melo with Dwight?

Won't work, imo
I think Melo and Dwight would be better then Harden and Dwight. Your opinion?

Smook A.
03-01-2014, 01:33 AM
I think Melo and Dwight would be better then Harden and Dwight. Your opinion?
Probably, but if I were the Rockets I would keep Harden because he's only 24 and Melo is almost 30

Marlo_Stanfield
03-01-2014, 01:34 AM
Beverly
Harden
Parsons
Anthony
Howard

Pretty good team tbh
APrsons Beverley and Harden suck tbh:lol :lol

Marlo_Stanfield
03-01-2014, 01:35 AM
J lin will get more from some cheap GM who wants him for China money/viewership. Probably the Bucks/Kings/some other team with financial difficulty.
IF Lin resigns with the team that tried to destroy his career to prove a point he would lose all of his fans anyway.
dudes a legit 20/7 player on an unselfish team that runs PnR offense.
he just sucks because McFail hates him and told his players to never set screens for him and because he has to defer to harden:facepalm

Smook A.
03-01-2014, 01:38 AM
APrsons Beverley and Harden suck tbh:lol :lol
You retarded
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3914361/Russ-Troll_medium.gif

Rekindled
03-01-2014, 02:15 AM
melo+jr+Prig for Lin Asik Parsons:biggums:

Random_Guy
03-01-2014, 07:36 AM
melo+jr+Prig for Lin Asik Parsons:biggums:
On a serious note, Lin Asik Parson(supposing you dont overpay them) is avery good core. If you can add another superstar like Aldridge to the team, then a solid defender at the 2, you have a very good team.

brantonli
03-01-2014, 08:07 AM

The Rockets have two options: 1) decline the team option on Parsons, making him a restricted FA in the 2014 market, 2) can pick up the team option on Parsons, making him a UFA in the 2015 market.

I think they are going to pick up the team option, get another cheap year, and test their luck in the 2015 market with Kevin Love, and then try and resign Parsons after chasing whatever big FA is available. I don't think any team would want to trade for Lin, since quite frankly he's not worth his contract at all. Asik is a better possibility.

BoutPractice
03-01-2014, 08:49 AM
Bosh is a better fit.

WallIn
03-01-2014, 09:56 AM
And they will offer him what? Veteran minimum?

Rubio2Gasol
03-01-2014, 10:07 AM
Dwight (with Melo and Harden on the team) : "I'm not getting enough post ups"

Clyde
03-01-2014, 10:10 AM
Can't due to cap

The NBA has a hard cap?

niko
03-01-2014, 10:13 AM
honestly i rather have parsons than melo if im starting a team
Because you're an idiot.

Andrei89
03-01-2014, 10:17 AM
Melo on the Bulls would be a championship contender.

Melo > Rose on those Bulls. He is an elite scorer surrounded by a defensive team. They would complement each other very much. On the Rockets? not so much.

I find Melo to be the best scorer this league has to be honest.

smoovegittar
03-01-2014, 11:51 AM

"makes no sense" - 80% of posts in here. :facepalm