PDA

View Full Version : L.A. to avoid Carmelo; will target Kevin Love in 2015 and Kevin Durant in 2016

aboss4real24
03-01-2014, 12:41 AM
http://lakerholicz.com/lakers-rumors-plan-avoid-carmelo-anthony-will-target-kevin-love-2015-kevin-durant-2016/2014/02/23

The team is currently sat at 19-36 and hasn’t seen Kobe Bryant wear their purple and gold jersey since December. Before the trade deadline, Lakers management couldn’t find a worthwhile deal for Pau Gasol, and so he’ll hang around for the remaining 27 games and will probably leave this summer for a fresh start elsewhere.

The Lakers do have a first-round draft pick, though, and the team are set to make their first lottery selection since 2005 when they drafted Andrew Bynum out of high school.

However, the Lakers’ biggest rebuilding tool is their cap space, and they’ll have their first chance in decades to spend big money this summer.

That doesn’t mean they’ll spend it all just yet, though.

According to Mike Bresnahan and Eric Pincus from the L.A. Times, the Lakers don’t plan to pursue Carmelo Anthony this offseason. They’ll put in a call to LeBron James if he opts-out of his deal in Miami and decides to leave, though that seems like a long-shot at this point.

Don’t expect the purple and gold to target Kyle Lowry either, per Bresnahan and Pincus, though Luol Deng could receive some attention from the Lakers – they’re not interested in overpaying him, though.

Instead, it seems the Lakers will preserve the majority of their cap space for the summer of 2015 when Kevin Love will become a free agent.

And then, when Kobe Bryant’s deal expires in 2016, the Lakers will look to add another big star by targeting Kevin Durant.

That’s quite a plan, and it makes a lot of sense.

Instead of tying up millions of dollars for four years with a 30-year-old Anthony, Mitch Kupchak and Jim Buss would be smart to aim for younger guys like Love and Durant.

And, even if they miss out on their intended targets, other big names such as LaMarcus Aldridge, Marc Gasol, Rajon Rondo, Al Horford, DeMar DeRozan and Joakim Noah could be free agents in 2015 and 2016.

Whatever happens, the Lakers are positioned to be big players in the free agency market over the next few years as they prepare to build yet another championship-caliber roster.

Lakers Wish List

Lebron- X
Melo- X
Paul George- X
D12-✔......X

Lakers Lost

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3914361/Russ-Troll_medium.gif

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
03-01-2014, 12:43 AM
The lakers championship dream died w/ Jerry Buss lettuce be real

alec613
03-01-2014, 12:46 AM
A lot of teams are.

Kobe's contract really set the franchise back. I was expecting a fast rebuild phase, but with that contract, It will take another 2 years before the rebuilding phase starts progressing

Haymaker
03-01-2014, 12:50 AM

Sadly, this is true. The franchise could be saved if Jim takes his hands off the team and sticks to just signing those paychecks. Mitch can run that team.

Jameerthefear
03-01-2014, 12:52 AM
THIS.
The Lakers are D-O-N-E DONE, as an elite franchise. It's time for the better teams to take over. They are the worst team in California. It's sad. Rebuilding process will be LONG and HARD. Especially with KoME still on the team.

Smook A.
03-01-2014, 12:54 AM
KD to LA... nooo way!
I bet you these will be his choices (no im not being a homer!)

Either thunder or rockets, cause of his buddy james harden

95% thunder
5% houston :confusedshrug:

chazzy
03-01-2014, 12:55 AM
This is good. Why are people acting like this is bad?

Yankstar
03-01-2014, 12:55 AM
KD to LA... nooo way!

95% thunder

We will poach his ass too :rockon:

Smook A.
03-01-2014, 12:58 AM
We will poach his ass too :rockon:
lol. James Harden stayin in Houston. He's from Los Angeles but he ain't goin to the Lakers or Clips

Akrazotile
03-01-2014, 01:00 AM

No, it died with the new CBA

CelticBaller
03-01-2014, 01:03 AM
No, it died with the new CBA
awesome

r0drig0lac
03-01-2014, 01:04 AM
GOAT GIF

VIntageNOvel
03-01-2014, 01:06 AM
damn, now i must cheer bronzey to win 2 more rings,
because ringless durant will leave OKC

flipogb
03-01-2014, 01:10 AM
Eric Pincus aka Emplay knows absolutely nothing, people only listen to the guy cuz he is a real media guy who is willing to join fan message boards.

if he says it will happen, then assume the opposite.

mr.big35
03-01-2014, 01:15 AM
Durant will win this year and he will not leave okc to go the dead zone of la

Deuce Bigalow
03-01-2014, 01:19 AM
GOAT GIF

BTW what happened here anyone know?

Marlo_Stanfield
03-01-2014, 01:21 AM
i cant even imagine the FT this clown will average when he wears purple and gold
he will pulverize all record for FTA :roll: :roll:

IncarceratedBob
03-01-2014, 01:21 AM
Dr Buss wanted Phil jackson all the way til his death bed.. he wanted to make his little girl happy.. Jimmy wanted MDA and no one could change his mind. This is the curse of Dr Buss.

Lakers will not win until Jim has been fired and or executed

secund2nun
03-01-2014, 01:22 AM
A lot of teams are.

Kobe's contract really set the franchise back. I was expecting a fast rebuild phase, but with that contract, It will take another 2 years before the rebuilding phase starts progressing

It sure did. They won't contend until 2016-2017 season at the earliest (more likely its a few years after that at minimum) when Kobe comes off of the books. They can't contend which such a huge amount of the cap tied to Kobe and no one wants to play with Kobe anyways. But the problem is that once his contract is off of the books the big free agency summers of 2014 and 2015 will be gone.

Had they fired Coach Pringles and amnestied Kobe Dwight would have stayed...and they would have been a strong contender for Lebron in 14 or 15 and/or Love in 2015. They blew it all over a terrible massive Kobe extension. That probably set them back years.

aboss4real24
03-01-2014, 01:23 AM

BTW what happened here anyone know?

HE WAS TROLLING THE denver Mascot

ZenMaster
03-01-2014, 01:27 AM
KD to LA... nooo way!

95% thunder

It could help him become a top performer. Carrying the torch from Kobe, Durant could be the next Laker legend, it's a privelige, it's reaching the top :rockon:

http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/530d01e96da8111b539ef569-800-600/01-174.png

Lamar Odumbb
03-01-2014, 01:40 AM
If im the Lakers, I sign Deng and try to convince Dirk to sign with LA and win a ring for Nash in LA. Sign Okafur who is a FA.

Okafur
Dirk
Deng
Kobe
Nash

AnaheimLakers24
03-01-2014, 01:43 AM
melo is a loser

JohnFreeman
03-01-2014, 01:44 AM
If im the Lakers, I sign Deng and try to convince Dirk to sign with LA and win a ring for Nash in LA. Sign Okafur who is a FA.

Okafur
Dirk
Deng
Kobe
Nash
Dirk is never leaving Dallas

Tayloner
03-01-2014, 01:45 AM
I think the Lakers are fine. No way they get LeBron, Durant, Melo, etc., but I do think Love is a realistic possibility. Something like a Dante Exum-Kevin Love pairing, (a lot of speculation on Exum here) they could be right back in the mix in the conference, or at least a playoff team. Who cares about Kobe. The real question is if Mike D'Antoni is the coach you want coaching those guys.

Yao Ming's Foot
03-01-2014, 10:49 AM
Who exactly do you guys think would have joined the Lakers and made them contenders had Kobe signed a lesser contract?

:biggums:

longtime lurker
03-01-2014, 11:40 AM
It sure did. They won't contend until 2016-2017 season at the earliest (more likely its a few years after that at minimum) when Kobe comes off of the books. They can't contend which such a huge amount of the cap tied to Kobe and no one wants to play with Kobe anyways. But the problem is that once his contract is off of the books the big free agency summers of 2014 and 2015 will be gone.

Had they fired Coach Pringles and amnestied Kobe Dwight would have stayed...and they would have been a strong contender for Lebron in 14 or 15 and/or Love in 2015. They blew it all over a terrible massive Kobe extension. That probably set them back years.

Now that you've opened your mouth idiot how exactly is Kobe's contract setting the franchise back? In two years they could possibly have a core of Love, Durant and lottery pick, although I highly doubt Durant leaves OKC. Dwight plus this current group of scrubs leads to another first round sweep or you make trades to get more help that ends up taking your cap space. Kobe's contract was a pure business decision and a smart one to make from that perspective. You just worry about what team you're going to bandwagon on next when Lebron leaves the Heat.

beastee
03-01-2014, 11:53 AM
I think the Lakers are fine. No way they get LeBron, Durant, Melo, etc., but I do think Love is a realistic possibility. Something like a Dante Exum-Kevin Love pairing, (a lot of speculation on Exum here) they could be right back in the mix in the conference, or at least a playoff team. Who cares about Kobe. The real question is if Mike D'Antoni is the coach you want coaching those guys.

This is what I think too. Kevin Love is a California guy and will probably choose the lakers. What will be interesting to me about his decision is he trains with Westbrook and Rose in Summers..So maybe he looks into Bulls or Goes to LA and tries to lure WB.

Exum and Love is a whole lot of White...just the right fit for that classy Hollywood garbage.