PDA

View Full Version : Can we admit the Knicks are finished

Duderonomy
03-01-2014, 09:18 AM
21-38 even in the Leastern conference that isn't good enough. I don't think they have the cohesiveness to go on winning streak. I see the Cavs getting the 8th seed. Let's take a moment to remember the Melo era Knicks. *Pours 40 on the curb *

cos88
03-01-2014, 09:26 AM
it's funny because you are a nets fan

mr.big35
03-01-2014, 09:29 AM
they were finished two months ago.

PsychoBe
03-01-2014, 09:39 AM
they were finished two months ago.

they were finished after walt frazier announced his retirement.

niko
03-01-2014, 09:46 AM
it's funny because you are a nets fan
Don;t you know, the under 500 nets are exactly what their fans wanted? Traded picks till 2018 for a 1 and done BUT that was the plan.

JohnFreeman
03-01-2014, 09:50 AM
I hate the Nets more then the Knicks

WallIn
03-01-2014, 09:52 AM
Even if Melo averages 40 from now on, he won't salvage this crap anyway

niko
But yes we are done, for awhile.

shady6121
The Knicks have been finished for a while now.

http://www.whbqt.info/UserFiles/image/knicks_burial.png

Kiddlovesnets
03-01-2014, 10:03 AM
lol Knicks.
:roll:

smoovegittar
03-01-2014, 11:21 AM
Net fans having fun. Both teams will have the same record in May.

Have a laugh at that. :D

SpecialQue
03-01-2014, 11:27 AM
Who's denying it?

imdaman99
03-01-2014, 11:50 AM
Knicks game threads aren't even made anymore unless it's a national televised game/or they are playing a good team. Knicks have been dead for a while. I'd say it was right after that Texas trip when Chandler came back and Shump went back into hiding. A little after New Years. RIP Knicks, although their corpse has been rotting for a while.

I don't know why they didn't package Chandler + Shump to get something. The delusion started from the top. Clippers had to pull that btch move to try to nix the Shump to OKC trade. What fckers, can't wait till they lose in 1st/2nd round again :facepalm

smoovegittar
03-01-2014, 11:54 AM
Knicks game threads aren't even made anymore unless it's a national televised game/or they are playing a good team. Knicks have been dead for a while. I'd say it was right after that Texas trip when Chandler came back and Shump went back into hiding. A little after New Years. RIP Knicks, although their corpse has been rotting for a while.

I don't know why they didn't package Chandler + Shump to get something. The delusion started from the top. Clippers had to pull that btch move to try to nix the Shump to OKC trade. What fckers, can't wait till they lose in 1st/2nd round again :facepalm

I felt they were done when Shump went down. Defense TOTALLY dissapeared.

Legends66NBA7
03-01-2014, 11:55 AM
We can admit the Knicks are finished.

We can also admit that the Nets aren't contenders for a NBA title.

imdaman99
03-01-2014, 11:55 AM
I felt they were done when Shump went down. Defense TOTALLY dissapeared.
Yeah, that was the nail in the coffin.

I love Hardaway Jr... but he is so bad on defense. He has a long way to go, he better be dedicated to improving his defense, or I will have a short love relationship with him :oldlol:

smoovegittar
03-01-2014, 12:00 PM
Yeah, that was the nail in the coffin.

I love Hardaway Jr... but he is so bad on defense. He has a long way to go, he better be dedicated to improving his defense, or I will have a short love relationship with him :oldlol:
Yeah... I won't go "Shump" mode on him either... but he has tremendous upside. Look at this kid perform with all the shit going on around him (not to mention his father's "real" feelings about the franchise).

We do draft well...

MichaelCorleone
03-01-2014, 12:08 PM
They were finished.

imdaman99
03-01-2014, 12:09 PM
Yeah... I won't go "Shump" mode on him either... but he has tremendous upside. Look at this kid perform with all the shit going on around him (not to mention his father's "real" feelings about the franchise).

We do draft well...
He's been the lone bright spot this year outside of Melo. The losing has really made me numb to caring.

No pick next year and it seems like the team is gonna reverse last year's record. 54-28 last year, 28-54 this year :facepalm
The only thing I have to root for now is, hope their pick does not win the lottery :rant

Le Shaqtus
03-01-2014, 12:32 PM
They were finished when the season started.

CelticBaller
03-01-2014, 12:34 PM
Knicks are a sorry ass team

smoovegittar
03-01-2014, 12:40 PM
He's been the lone bright spot this year outside of Melo. The losing has really made me numb to caring.

No pick next year and it seems like the team is gonna reverse last year's record. 54-28 last year, 28-54 this year :facepalm
The only thing I have to root for now is, hope their pick does not win the lottery :rant
I feel you........... but my attitude is this: We have another shot to get it right. Jim's gonna have to spend some money, but he got Melo in his ear. I don't care too much about the draft pick; it is what it is. Takes these freshman 2 years to get it straight anyways - there's no LeBrons out there. Dump these no-defense bozos (Chandler, Felton, Earl, Bargs, Poor Amare, etc.) - see what shakes in free agency. We ain't beating Pacers or Heat this year or next, anyways. I know this reads like a defeatist attitude, but I'm a staunch fan of this franchise for 40 + years. Won't let this garbage season (or garbage haters) ruin my love for the sport. Last year was a 1 shot deal anyways - didn't work out. End of next season, we'll be here laying plans with a bright eye - book THAT. Sorry for long response Bro :sleeping

Duderonomy
03-01-2014, 05:47 PM

Nets lost Lopez their biggest asset against the Heat and Pacers but still compete most nights and aren't a complete mess like the Knicks or Pistons.

Kiddlovesnets
03-01-2014, 05:50 PM

Depending on what the definition for contender is. Anyway the last time when Toronto Raptors won the division, the Nets were 6th seed and beat them in playoffs first round. It was the last time we made it past first round, but I am smelling a similar story this time as well. Kinda unfortunate for the Raptors, but that cant be helped.

Trentknicks
03-01-2014, 05:52 PM
Depending on what the definition for contender is. Anyway the last time when Toronto Raptors won the division, the Nets were 6th seed and beat them in playoffs first round. It was the last time we made it past first round, but I am smelling a similar story this time as well. Kinda unfortunate for the Raptors, but that cant be helped.
Yeah, being within 5 games or so of .500 in a poor conference means your a contender.

Kiddlovesnets
03-01-2014, 05:56 PM
Yeah, being within 5 games or so of .500 in a poor conference means your a contender.

And this comes from a Knicks fan.

Trentknicks
03-01-2014, 06:01 PM
And this comes from a Knicks fan.
You can continue to post the rolling laughter smiley as much as you want, but no one on the Knicks side is arguing that their team might be the definition of a contender.

Coming back and spending all day trying to troll Knicks fans with a rolling smilie, pretty sad existence yeah?

GoRapz
03-01-2014, 06:27 PM
Wait...so Knicks fans still believe there's a chance they can make the playoffs? :roll:

red1
03-01-2014, 06:29 PM
finished? when did they even start?

Milbuck
03-01-2014, 06:44 PM
Not a Knicks fan, but I can't wait to see the Nets either

1) get bounced in the 1st round.
or
2) make it out of the 1st round and get utterly destroyed by the Pacers or Heat.

Kiddlovesnets
03-01-2014, 06:47 PM
Wait...so Knicks fans still believe there's a chance they can make the playoffs? :roll:

Nah, Knicks fans truly believe they can still win chips.

eSOL
03-01-2014, 06:49 PM
"They scared huh"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaVa6NHwUUg

red1
03-01-2014, 07:01 PM
Nah, Knicks fans truly believe they can still win chips.
You are a nets fan bro. You might want to wait a few months before you get too caught up in the shit talking :lol

Kiddlovesnets
03-01-2014, 07:04 PM
You are a nets fan bro. You might want to wait a few months before you get too caught up in the shit talking :lol

Nah, even back in the offseason when the Nets were believed to be an ECF team I did not consider them as a champion team. Nets fans are realistic, unlike Knicks fans. James Dolan seriously believe his team wins trophy in 2014.

Trentknicks
03-01-2014, 07:07 PM
Nah, even back in the offseason when the Nets were believed to be an ECF team I did not consider them as a champion team. Nets fans are realistic, unlike Knicks fans. James Dolan seriously believe his team wins trophy in 2014.
Your like a politician, if you continually say a lie for long enough then maybe in your head it will become the truth. I've never seen anyone except for the occaisional Knicksfever2010 post saying the Knicks could be contenders.

You spend all of your life on the Knicks, that's pretty sad. I'm sure you'll have a rolling laughter smiley in your next post and feel like a real alpha male for doing so.

Bandito
03-01-2014, 07:09 PM
:roll:You didn't what?:roll:

Kiddlovesnets
03-01-2014, 07:12 PM
You spend all of your life on the Knicks, that's pretty sad. I'm sure you'll have a rolling laughter smiley in your next post and feel like a real alpha male for doing so.

Not really. Back in 2007 when I first joined the forum, there were very few knicks fans. The knicks fans back then were a lot better, and the forum was a lot nicer. The raptors fans were arguing with nets fans then, but at least most of them were respectable posters. Everything changed since 2010 when a large wave of Knicks fans invaded ISH and started trolling like no end.
:rolleyes:

Bandito
03-01-2014, 07:13 PM
Not really. Back in 2007 when I first joined the forum, there were very few knicks fans and the forum was a lot nicer. The raptors fans were arguing with nets fans then, but at least most of them were respectable posters. Everything changed since 2010 when a large wave of Knicks fans invaded ISH and started trolling like no end.
Did your alt account got locked or something? Why are you here?:biggums:

red1
03-01-2014, 07:16 PM
Dawg your team is just as f*cked long-term if not moreso. Maybe your management isnt on their level of incompetence but I wouldnt be talking so much shit this early since you guys just might have mortgaged your future for a 1-st round exit

Kiddlovesnets
03-01-2014, 07:17 PM
Dawg your team is just as f*cked long-term if not moreso. Maybe your management isnt on their level of incompetence but I wouldnt be talking so much shit this early since you guys just might have mortgaged your future for a 1-st round exit

Or maybe a 2nd round exit, who knows? Anyway I still remember how Knicks fans trolled the Nets last season. Dont you think its the ideal time to strike back?

Trentknicks
03-01-2014, 07:20 PM
Or maybe a 2nd round exit, who knows? Anyway I still remember how Knicks fans trolled the Nets last season. Dont you think its the ideal time to strike back?
Even if that was true, couldn't you be classy about and rise above it? Just leave the forum man, you've spent the last few years of your life appearing in every knicks thread posting the same smiley, think it's time for a new direction. . .

Kiddlovesnets
03-01-2014, 07:21 PM
Even if that was true, couldn't you be classy about and rise above it? Just leave the forum man, you've spent the last few years of your life appearing in every knicks thread posting the same smiley, think it's time for a new direction. . .

Shouldnt you be telling this to some or most of your fellow knicks fans who troll the nets?

Trentknicks
03-01-2014, 07:23 PM
Shouldnt you be telling this to some or most of your fellow knicks fans who troll the nets?
Im done, it's pretty sad what's become of your life.

Posting lies and then adding rolling eyes and rolling laughter smileys to feel like a big man.

Can you post a photo of yourself so we know what kind of retard we are dealing with.

oarabbus
03-01-2014, 07:23 PM
I don't know what's funnier, the fact that Nets fans are trolling the Knicks... or just the Knicks themselves.

Legends66NBA7
03-01-2014, 07:24 PM
Nets lost Lopez their biggest asset against the Heat and Pacers but still compete most nights and aren't a complete mess like the Knicks or Pistons.

Well, what I've read from other Nets fans is that:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9335837&postcount=9

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9265731&postcount=4

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9265790&postcount=11

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9265779&postcount=10

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9336081&postcount=53

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9336151&postcount=60

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9336124&postcount=58

^And these are 2 guys who I'll take their word for it. So yeah, the Nets are better without Lopez and yes they are in better shape than the Knicks and Nets. But it's not like their THAT much better than the Pistons, who I think the Nets have lost to twice already.

Depending on what the definition for contender is.

A contender is a team that has been consistent from start to finish and will expected to contend for an NBA title. The one's that seem to fit this mold in the East are Indiana and Miami. The one's in the West are OKC, Spurs, and the Clippers. The rest would be surprises/upsets.

Anyway the last time when Toronto Raptors won the division, the Nets were 6th seed and beat them in playoffs first round. It was the last time we made it past first round, but I am smelling a similar story this time as well. Kinda unfortunate for the Raptors, but that cant be helped.

The 07 Nets were actually much more consistent down the stretch and had much more potent wing players in Kidd-Vince-Jefferson. That's a better tandem than Williams-Johnson-Livingston or whoever they put at SG-SF. They were also a younger squad too.

The 14 Nets might win a battle of experience but a lot has to go their way to beat the 14 Raptors. The one thing I'm sure in a potential playoff series is that the Raptors give more effort that the Nets. Although, it wouldn't really bother me if they lost, since any playoff series win or more exceeds expectations. Were starting 2 sophomores and none of our starters are 30 or over. We can reload next year and develop our pieces, but for the Nets it's going be championship or bust, which I heavily doubt at this point is attainable for them.

smoovegittar
03-01-2014, 07:46 PM
Im done, it's pretty sad what's become of your life.

Posting lies and then adding rolling eyes and rolling laughter smileys to feel like a big man.

Can you post a photo of yourself so we know what kind of retard we are dealing with.
Aw, let him have his fun. His generalizing reveals his insecurities. All Knick fans are trolls... we're taking over. If he even bothered to admit that most Knick fans right now are the harshest critics of their own team.

I forgive him (insert smiley)