PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Jackson is a better Point guard than Russell Westbrook.

Bless Mathews
03-01-2014, 02:30 PM
In this modern world of "athletic" players in nba trumping skill , I think most on here don't realize how important team play is. A point guards main job is to run the team, get team involved first, then himself. OKC has best offensive player, perhaps ever. Durant should be 1,2,3 option.

Start em both? Idk. Westbrook will never change. Playing him at point is not the best thing for the TEAM. Reggie Jackson runs the team like a point guard should. Excellent job. Westbrooks point guard style takes away from Durant and the team.

Kblaze8855
03-01-2014, 02:35 PM
A point guards main job is to run the team, get team involved first, then himself.

A pointguards job is to run the offense. To implement the gameplan and make the needed adjustments on the floor.

If the offense is....attack personally...hes doing his job.

If Brooks didnt want Russell doing what he does at the position he would put a stop to it. That or hes lost control of the team. But usually....these points who shoot a lot are doing exactly what they are asked to do. Or at least...given freedom to do.

Which is a coaching issue.

LeGOAT
03-01-2014, 02:36 PM
Reggie Jackson= a smaller, uglier, less athletic version of GOATbrook

FreezingTsmoove
03-01-2014, 07:19 PM
Can I get a stat comparison of Reggie Jackson vs Grizzlies in playoffs and Westbrook vs Grizzlies as starters?

HOoopCityJones
03-01-2014, 07:21 PM
Agreed.

Better player? No.

Bless Mathews
03-01-2014, 10:36 PM
Can I get a stat comparison of Reggie Jackson vs Grizzlies in playoffs and Westbrook vs Grizzlies as starters?
Lol.

Players grow in a year. Smh.

Once again you kids are caught up in "stats".

OKC is a better team with Reggie Jackson at point because Reggie Jackson is a better point guard than Westbrook.

Spokelahoma
03-01-2014, 11:10 PM
Lol at saying "you kids are all caught up in stats" while ignoring the fact that so much of what Russell brings to the team doesn't show up in the box score. I like Reggie, but I'm not sure if this thread is serious

BlazerRed
03-01-2014, 11:12 PM
OP is a homosexual.

Fudge
03-01-2014, 11:17 PM
I think I might be better than Reggie Jackson.

Jacks3
03-01-2014, 11:20 PM
Yeah, Jackson is better than any a top 10-12 player in the world.

OP is an idiot.

the wise man
03-01-2014, 11:24 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

russwest0
03-01-2014, 11:43 PM
Do you even watch Reggie Jackson play, like at all? This dude consistently looks off Durant and usually follows it up with something stupid.

He's the definition of a combo guard. Westbrook is a point guard, and the best in the league at it, might I add.

DonDadda59
03-01-2014, 11:46 PM
Westbrook is just an undersized SG. When your PG is a shoot first relatively low IQ guy, not hard to find someone better suited for the position. Always maintained OKC would be better sliding Russ to the 2 and getting a real PG.

LosScandalous
03-02-2014, 12:00 AM
Westbrook is just an undersized SG.

sick of hearing people say this. No he isn't

dabigbaws
03-02-2014, 12:03 AM
do people watch reggie play? he doesn't pass much at all

sd3035
03-02-2014, 12:05 AM
Crap thread, Westbrook is way better than Reggie Jackson, but reggie is a good guy to have coming off the bench

DonDadda59
03-02-2014, 12:23 AM
sick of hearing people say this. No he isn't

So he's a pass first PG whose main concern is running an offense?

Bless Mathews
03-02-2014, 12:39 AM
Lol.

Westbrook is a hucker. I'd have Reggie Jackson playing point. Westbrook 2.

Westbrook is NOT A GOOD POINT GUARD.

Spokelahoma
03-02-2014, 12:45 AM
Lol.

Westbrook is a hucker. I'd have Reggie Jackson playing point. Westbrook 2.

Westbrook is NOT A GOOD POINT GUARD.

You're severely overrating Reggie Jackson. He's a great asset coming off the bench, but doesn't have the skills to be a starting PG on a contender at this point in his career.

FaceBack
03-02-2014, 12:46 AM
Do you even watch Reggie Jackson play, like at all? This dude consistently looks off Durant and usually follows it up with something stupid.

He's the definition of a combo guard. Westbrook is a point guard, and the best in the league at it, might I add.

LOL, he's never been a point guard and he ain't gonna be one any time soon. The definition of redefining a position is playing out of position. He's a SG.

Bless Mathews
03-02-2014, 12:54 AM
You're severely overrating Reggie Jackson. He's a great asset coming off the bench, but doesn't have the skills to be a starting PG on a contender at this point in his career.
Everyone is looking at Jackson's individual skill set.

That's not what a point guard is about. It's about running a TEAM.

OKC is a better TEAM with Jackson at POINT than Westbrook. M

Plain and simple.

Someone please search stats on how when Jackson is on the floor compared to Westbrook how many more points OKC was up???

Smh.

Kids these days...

Spokelahoma
03-02-2014, 12:59 AM
LOL, he's never been a point guard and he ain't gonna be one any time soon. The definition of redefining a position is playing out of position. He's a SG.

Westbrook at the 2 spot would be a disaster. His main contribution on the offense end is gettin the ball off the outlet as well as constantly putting pressure on the defense IMO. You wanna take the ball out if his hands in turn him in to a 2 guard? :facepalm

Lamar Odumbb
03-02-2014, 01:06 AM
Reggie is a glorified Ramon Sessions.

Spokelahoma
03-02-2014, 01:15 AM

Plain and simple.

Someone please search stats on how when Jackson is on the floor compared to Westbrook how many more points OKC was up???

Smh.

Kids these days...

I just read your original post again and I think your main point is that durant needs to be the focal point of their offense, no questions asked. I totally agree with you there. With that being said, I'd take Russ in our starting lineup all day over Reggie :cheers:

buddha
03-02-2014, 01:18 AM
do people watch reggie play? he doesn't pass much at all

this so much, he just defers to Durant alot more, something Westbrook doesn't do.

BlazerRed
03-02-2014, 01:18 AM

Plain and simple.

Smh.

Kids these days...
Time for you to stop posting pal.

Bless Mathews
03-02-2014, 01:26 AM
Time for you to stop posting pal.
Pal.

Smh.

Search the thread where it breaks down +/- with Jackson and Westbrook on floor.

It's amazing how idiotic you are

Every lineup that Jackson's in the TEAM is +.

NOT WITH WESTBROOK.

YOU NEED TO STOP POASTING AND LEARN BASKETBALL, NOT HIGHLIGHT PLAYS.

blind as a bat.

Someone please find thread where op was breaking down the lineups of OKC.

dabigbaws
03-02-2014, 01:34 AM
Pal.

Smh.

Search the thread where it breaks down +/- with Jackson and Westbrook on floor.

It's amazing how idiotic you are

Every lineup that Jackson's in the TEAM is +.

NOT WITH WESTBROOK.

YOU NEED TO STOP POASTING AND LEARN BASKETBALL, NOT HIGHLIGHT PLAYS.

blind as a bat.

Someone please find thread where op was breaking down the lineups of OKC.

:facepalm

plowking
03-02-2014, 01:47 AM
OP is a homosexual.

This dude has the nerve to report people. :oldlol:

Bless Mathews
03-02-2014, 02:32 AM
Imma old school poaster.

You don't know nothin bout that bruh. Nothing.

Im Still Ballin
03-02-2014, 03:13 AM
Imma old school poaster.

You don't know nothin bout that bruh. Nothing.

Poastin and toastin whilst roastin while lebron be coastin and boastin

Bless Mathews
03-02-2014, 03:33 AM
Poastin and toastin whilst roastin while lebron be coastin and boastin
Gyea.

It is old school hip hop message board slang actually.

crawdaddy4ou
03-02-2014, 06:36 AM
:biggums:

MichaelCorleone
03-02-2014, 06:37 AM

dunksby
03-02-2014, 07:14 AM
Reggie is WB lite which shows Thunder's liking for scoring PGs.

dabigbaws
03-02-2014, 08:39 AM

you're a :facepalm

Rose'sACL
03-02-2014, 08:57 AM
people are so stuck with old ideas in their mind that they forget that players position doesn't matter in today's game and without Westbrook thunder would look way worse when playoffs arrive and teams come up with defensive plans to stop their only real offensive threat who is durant.
We have seen lebron succeed in the same way in regular season in cleveland. in regular season teams don't study the other team hard enough and players have other things on their minds to read all things coaches give them about other team's offense.
Playoffs are way different. a lot of the fouls that are called in regular season are not called in playoffs.

Mr Exlax
03-02-2014, 10:42 AM
people are so stuck with old ideas in their mind that they forget that players position doesn't matter in today's game and without Westbrook thunder would look way worse when playoffs arrive and teams come up with defensive plans to stop their only real offensive threat who is durant.
We have seen lebron succeed in the same way in regular season in cleveland. in regular season teams don't study the other team hard enough and players have other things on their minds to read all things coaches give them about other team's offense.
Playoffs are way different. a lot of the fouls that are called in regular season are not called in playoffs.

Finally somebody gets what the hell I keep yelling about the regular season!