PDA

View Full Version : The idea of Lebron leaving Miami is just absurd.

Connor B
03-02-2014, 07:01 AM
At first I thought he might leave and I was always telling my Heat fan friends not to be surprised if he does go, but a few things to keep in mind that have developed or that we always knew:

- Pat Riley is a genius who will do what is necessary to keep the team a contender
- Cleveland sucks
- It makes him look pretty wack to jump to another stacked team and might hurt his legacy and he doesn't want to be known as that guy who jumps around even if he wouldn't admit it (e.g. going to Clippers)
- West is stacked as hell and no other east teams are worth going to

No way Lebron leaves Miami. Even if they do lose.

Trentknicks
03-02-2014, 07:46 AM
You honestly have the worst threads.

derb2k2
03-02-2014, 07:53 AM
:hammerhead: :hammerhead:

MichaelCorleone
03-02-2014, 08:04 AM
Probably the most loyal player in the league right now.

ripthekik
03-02-2014, 08:08 AM
At first I thought he might leave and I was always telling my Heat fan friends not to be surprised if he does go, but a few things to keep in mind that have developed or that we always knew:

- Pat Riley is a genius who will do what is necessary to keep the team a contender
- Cleveland sucks
- It makes him look pretty wack to jump to another stacked team and might hurt his legacy and he doesn't want to be known as that guy who jumps around even if he wouldn't admit it (e.g. going to Clippers)
- West is stacked as hell and no other east teams are worth going to

No way Lebron leaves Miami. Even if they do lose.
Too late on this part, the decision and joining another top 3 player forever leaves its mark on his legacy :oldlol:

Im Still Ballin
03-02-2014, 08:09 AM

This.

The dude gives it his all to the franchise.

A model athlete of loyalty.

LeGod.
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Im Still Ballin
03-02-2014, 08:10 AM
Too late on this part, the decision and joining another top 3 player forever leaves its mark on his legacy :oldlol:

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
You're the GOAT worst poster

MichaelCorleone
03-02-2014, 08:11 AM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
You're the GOAT worst poster
aka the WOAT.

ripthekik
03-02-2014, 08:27 AM
It's funny, lebron stans act like it doesn't matter all along, but like OP, they come to realize and admit the fact that ringchasing all the time looks bad :lol

Guess they're ready to admit that lebron has an empty resume after ringchasing in his prime and joining two other stars to create a stacked team :roll: :roll: :roll:

raprap
03-02-2014, 08:50 AM
He wont leave until 2015. I seriously want him to go to cleveland but it wont happen because they suck.

MichaelCorleone
03-02-2014, 08:56 AM
It's funny, lebron stans act like it doesn't matter all along, but like OP, they come to realize and admit the fact that ringchasing all the time looks bad :lol

Guess they're ready to admit that lebron has an empty resume after ringchasing in his prime and joining two other stars to create a stacked team :roll: :roll: :roll:
It's not working.:roll: :oldlol: :oldlol:

KDthunderup
03-02-2014, 09:10 AM
He wont leave until 2015. I seriously want him to go to cleveland but it wont happen because they suck.
Yeah there aren't really appetizing teams for Lebron with the cap space for him to jump to this off season. He will still be able to contend another year with the same core next season so he will stick with them for another season but I do see him jumping ship if the Heat have a disappointing season next year.

ripthekik
03-02-2014, 09:59 AM
Yeah there aren't really appetizing teams for Lebron with the cap space for him to jump to this off season. He will still be able to contend another year with the same core next season so he will stick with them for another season but I do see him jumping ship if the Heat have a disappointing season next year.
Seems like lebron has the reputation of jumping ship if the team disappoints him :lol

I love it, everyone understands him and his reputation well :applause:

JohnFreeman
03-02-2014, 10:00 AM
Seems like lebron has the reputation of jumping ship if the team disappoints him :lol

I love it, everyone understands him and his reputation well :applause:
If you don't like your work environment or your job, would you leave?

iDunk
03-02-2014, 10:53 AM
He's gonna help Melo bring a chip to NY. :pimp:

Mr Exlax
03-02-2014, 11:00 AM
If you don't like your work environment or your job, would you leave?

I been asking this question for years. Nobody has answered it.

JohnFreeman
03-02-2014, 11:02 AM
I been asking this question for years. Nobody has answered it.
Well they don't want to haha

Bandito
03-02-2014, 11:20 AM
If he leave he would be known or at least be a confirmed frontrunner.

Duderonomy
03-02-2014, 11:26 AM
I could see Bosh opting out for a long term deal. An injured Wade making 20 mil against the cap doesn't seem like a contending team going forward. All their other players are old and under short term contracts. So who knows what they will look like in a few years. Lebron might want to go back to Cleveland to play with Dion and Kyrie.

Shabba Ranks
03-02-2014, 11:41 AM
Lebron sign and trade to the Warriors for the splash brothers + iggy. i'd do that in a heartbeat

smoovegittar
03-02-2014, 12:26 PM

:roll: I caught hell for this. Whatever happens, it's gonna be interesting. If he leaves to go anywheres, I'm gonna enjoy the Stan migration. Like lemmings...

HiphopRelated
03-02-2014, 12:29 PM
Nobody in their right mind looks at the New York front office and says "Yep, I can win here"

navy
03-02-2014, 12:31 PM
Lebron will only leave if he gets a good offer to go elsewhere. Honestly, the choices right now are Miami and Cleveland. And the Cavs will not be contenders until a few years so if he goes back it will be for sentimental reasons.

The other choices are just laughable speculation.

Pushxx
03-02-2014, 01:26 PM
LeBron doesn't give two shits to leave bunch of money on the table to keep Miami a contender. He doesn't need a high salary to justify his skill because everyone knows he's one of the two best basketball players in the world. Plus it makes him look like a better person for taking less money for the good of the team.

Also, he makes tens of millions of dollars in other ventures. He doesn't give a ****.

TMT
03-02-2014, 01:28 PM
He's not going anywhere. End of discussion. He'll probably return to Cleveland at the end of his next big contract when he's 34 or 35 though.

SilkkTheShocker
03-02-2014, 01:32 PM

He already left the Cavs. Why would he want to go to another shit franchise?

TMT
03-02-2014, 01:37 PM

More like Melo is going to help him get another few rings in Miami... #paycut

sd3035
03-02-2014, 01:38 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

SilkkTheShocker
03-02-2014, 01:41 PM
More like Melo is going to help him get another few rings in Miami... #paycut

Maybe. But is Melo going to turn down that max contract New York is going to offer? He gutted the original team to begin with so he wouldn't lose money before the new CBA kicked in. Is he willing to take a paycut?

TMT
03-02-2014, 01:43 PM
Maybe. But is Melo going to turn down that max contract New York is going to offer? He gutted the original team to begin with so he wouldn't lose money before the new CBA kicked in. Is he willing to take a paycut?

Nah, very minimal chance. In all likelihood they would have to give the boot to Bosh for Melo to be satisfied with it financially.

Akrazotile
03-02-2014, 01:46 PM
LeBron doesn't give two shits to leave bunch of money on the table to keep Miami a contender. He doesn't need a high salary to justify his skill because everyone knows he's one of the two best basketball players in the world. Plus it makes him look like a better person for taking less money for the good of the team.

Also, he makes tens of millions of dollars in other ventures. He doesn't give a ****.

He can take a slight paycut, but he's not gonna play for significantly less. The union would pressure the hell out of him to keep him from doin it.

SilkkTheShocker
03-02-2014, 01:49 PM
Nah, very minimal chance. In all likelihood they would have to give the boot to Bosh for Melo to be satisfied with it financially.

Agreed. And even if they replaced Bosh with Melo, they would all have to still take paycuts to bring a decent big man. And we all know those don't come cheap at all. Ideally, the current big 3 re-sign, but leave money on he table to bring a few more pieces in. As crappy as the Knicks are, I just don't see Melo turning down the money they are going to offer him.

TMT
03-02-2014, 01:55 PM
Agreed. And even if they replaced Bosh with Melo, they would all have to still take paycuts to bring a decent big man. And we all know those don't come cheap at all. Ideally, the current big 3 re-sign, but leave money on he table to bring a few more pieces in. As crappy as the Knicks are, I just don't see Melo turning down the money they are going to offer him.

Chalmers
Wade
Melo
Lebron
Oden/Birdman

Cole is going to get a decent deal somewhere else. Battier and Allen are on the way out. I'd assume that Chalmers will stay with the team on the low.. maybe not. Even at that point, I don't think Toney Douglas would be a bad option for a backup PG for cheap.

With Wade-Bron-Melo in Miami it's a given a good amount of players will want to come in and play with them for a fraction of their worth. Not sure they can get a good big man, but if Oden can stay healthy and they can retain Birdman they might not need one.

navy
03-02-2014, 01:58 PM
They arent giving up Bosh for Melo.

Bandito
03-02-2014, 02:12 PM
Because he's LeJesus, resurrecting one franchise at a time.

DaSeba5
03-02-2014, 02:15 PM
People act like he is the most disloyal person in the NBA, yet he only left 1 time. 1 time after giving Cleveland 7 years. He did so to win rings, and he did. Do people look down on you when you a give a company 7 years and then move to a better job? Why does he leave?

Lordsteven
03-02-2014, 05:14 PM
i honestly thought he was gonna dip too, but he seems to comfortable in miami now. if he leaves, i lose all respect for him. he has an organization thats proven to put pieces around him and will remain to put pieces around him.

Kiddlovesnets
03-02-2014, 05:17 PM

and then you woke up.
:banana:

Brokenbeat
03-02-2014, 05:59 PM

:oldlol: :facepalm

Black and White
03-02-2014, 06:23 PM
I was starting to think its a real possibility that he was going to leave, but now I don't think it will happen, I think its 80/20 in favour of Miami, only thing we know for sure is, he will op-out.

Ai2death
03-02-2014, 06:29 PM
People act like he is the most disloyal person in the NBA, yet he only left 1 time. 1 time after giving Cleveland 7 years. He did so to win rings, and he did. Do people look down on you when you a give a company 7 years and then move to a better job? Why does he leave?

No other player made a media spectacle hour long decision video half way through the trade window.

DonDadda59
03-02-2014, 06:31 PM
He has unfinished business in Cleveland doe.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169246

Lebron23
03-02-2014, 06:34 PM
He's gonna stay in Miami. It's now much easier to recruit players on a winning franchise unlike in Cleveland. Even a past his prime Wade is still a top 2 SG.

Miami is one of the best cities in the world. Miami would have the same number of NBA titles as the Spurs after this season.

MightyWhitey
03-02-2014, 06:35 PM
He's gonna stay in Miami. It's now much easier to recruit players on a winning franchise unlike in Cleveland. Even a past his prime Wade is still a top 2 SG.

Miami is one of the best cities in the world.
This. Why in the world would he destroy his legacy now by going backwards to a backwards organization with one good pg and zero roll players.