PDA

View Full Version : If Melo is offered the opportunity to join the Heat...

ForeverHeat
03-02-2014, 02:44 PM
...this summer, would he take it? Would it be worthwhile for Miami, and how would Knicks fans react?

Don't underestimate the pull that the Heat have people.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/46695068.jpg

aboss4real24
03-02-2014, 02:46 PM
Hopefully he wont have to watch lebron meltdown in the finals like in 2011
and in 2013 b4 he was bailed out

DaSeba5
03-02-2014, 02:47 PM

:biggums:

ImKobe
03-02-2014, 02:51 PM
I think he would be enticed, he's earned enough money in his career and he only has like 3-4 years of solid basketball left, he should definitely consider the opportunity to play with his fellow buddies.

It depends on how Miami does in the Playoffs though.

MightyWhitey
03-02-2014, 02:57 PM
You're queer. You're not a boss. And you're a queercopsucka. Oh and need I mention that using pink is queer?

Nash
03-02-2014, 03:18 PM
Here is how Miami/Lebron&Wade should present it to Melo:

-5 last years of our careers, let's win everything we can before we go out

- Melo will be the 2nd option because Wade is aging and having knee issues. Melo is not better than Wade, if Wade could play 2nd option to Lebron then so could Melo

- Melo has what, 3 years of playing this well at his peak, if he's lucky and avoids injuries? How long would it take him to rebuild NY/LA or go to a team that has no winning culture? He'd be atleast 31 before his new team would be a real contender but then they probably have OKC and Miami standing in front of them.

-You've made all the money in the world. You're never going to be Jordan or Bird, that ship has sailed. So why not leave the league a star and multiple champion like Kevin McHale?

-Winning erases all the bad history. Just ask Lebron.

imdaman99
03-02-2014, 03:21 PM
No. He won't go somewhere where him helping them get a ring means shit

secund2nun
03-02-2014, 03:23 PM

25-11-7 finals mvp butthurt :roll:

sportjames23
03-02-2014, 03:26 PM
Is he any good? Can the Heat get him?

aboss4real24
03-02-2014, 03:28 PM
25-11-7 finals mvp butthurt :roll:

BUTT HURT ? I bet on heat :lol

Bandito
03-02-2014, 03:31 PM
If he does and they payed good enough he will take it.

ImKobe
03-02-2014, 03:32 PM
One thing we know for sure, there's no way in hell he's going to stay in NY. Just look at that pathetic roster and their cap situation + no pick despite being deep in the lottery this year...ugh

jrong
03-02-2014, 03:34 PM
Why in the world would Miami do this? What does Melo bring that they don't already have that isn't outweighed by the humongous detriment it would have with him on the floor in terms of defense, ball stopping and taking possessions away from other players etc.?

Nets fan 93
03-02-2014, 03:34 PM
If he does and they payed good enough he will take it.
Paid*

theoneneo
03-02-2014, 03:35 PM
how can the heat even get him? Lebron, Wade, And Bosh all have player options for around 20 mil don't they? Unless on em declines and decides to become a free agent correct me if I'm wrong

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-02-2014, 03:39 PM
they should just ship bosh in a s&t or wade to new york for melo. miami doesn't need all 4 of these guys to win a championship. melo isn't taking some drastic discount to come to miami. i don't think bosh is going to be willing to take a significant discount either.

3LiftHeatCurse
03-02-2014, 03:44 PM
but why would Miami do this?

Melo would take up a huge salary. This means, no good roleplayers.

Melo's $16mil could be spread around role players like Battier $3mil, Chalmers $4mil, Allen $4mil, etc..... yes I know some guys the Heat have are retiring, like Allen/Battier etc, but they are just examples of role players.

Wouldn't the Heat rather have 4 good roleplayers who make around $4-5 mil each, instead of 1 Carmelo Anthony who makes $16mil?

secund2nun
03-02-2014, 03:46 PM
Pass on Melo. This team needs a center. Melo won't stop Miami from having poor rebounding (he will improve rebounding some though, but it will still be subpar) and pathetic post defense against big centers like Hibbert.

GrapeApe
03-02-2014, 03:49 PM

Melo's $16mil could be spread around role players like Battier $3mil, Chalmers $4mil, Allen $4mil, etc..... yes I know some guys the Heat have are retiring, like Allen/Battier etc, but they are just examples of role players.

Wouldn't the Heat rather have 4 good roleplayers who make around $4-5 mil each, instead of 1 Carmelo Anthony who makes $16mil?

Agreed. Besides, there's only one ball and there starts to be diminishing returns on star players to the point where role-players are actually more valuable.

niko
03-02-2014, 03:49 PM
It makes sense, but it devalues the title if they win, which is so bizarre for Lebron at this point. It basically makes it look like Lebron wants the quickest and easiest route to the title as possible, every time. I also don't see how Melo gets any credit. It's Lebron's title, which Melo helped to get.

So he gets the experience of winning, and he gets the "he can't win" thing off his back (which is unfair, so few people win). But he's not going to get the Lebron lovefest because that was becuase Lebron did practically everything.

SilkkTheShocker
03-02-2014, 03:51 PM
Melo isn't turning down that full max. He gutted the Knicks before he even got there so he could get every last penny. He isn't about to take a huge paycut

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-02-2014, 03:53 PM
Agreed. Besides, there's only one ball and there starts to be diminishing returns on star players to the point where role-players are actually more valuable.
Bosh has said repeatedly this year that his dream is to retire a Knicks. Bosh S&T to the Knick for Melo. Book it.

ForeverHeat
03-02-2014, 04:01 PM
For guys asking how would Melo even fit in, I am damn sure there will be no ball hogging on the Heat. Melo can ballhog all he wants in New York since its a one man team, but that wont be possible in Miami. He is also a very good spot up shooter, so he could take the role of Ray Allen in terms of providing outside shooting while also having the capability of driving and creating his own offense, as well as being better defensively then Allen (especially because of his size).

Miami look like they are about to break up anyway, probably not Big 3, but a big chunk of their roster is going to either retire or go in search of a better contract. So Riley will be reshaping the team anyway, and if he sees a way to get a Carmelo while also managing to fit other new pieces into the team, he would definitely do it.

J Shuttlesworth
03-02-2014, 04:04 PM
Paid*
word, although it should be "pay" given the tense

Trollsmasher
03-02-2014, 04:04 PM

This.

Unless Bosh leaves (and I would want a regular center if that happens) or Wade retires, Melo to the Heat does make sense.

Quickening
03-02-2014, 04:28 PM
If Wade left or retired it might make sense... but otherwise, cap space would be far better spent on some size at centre.

AnaheimLakers24
03-02-2014, 04:29 PM
melo is a loser not a ***** ass bit.ch like bran bran

EnoughSaid
03-02-2014, 04:41 PM
For this to be possible, the big 3 would need to opt out and sign for only $14mil/year for Melo to join them. I'd much rather take a solid big and a great bench. If Miami gets Melo then they won't have any flexibility for the rest of the roster.

Nash
03-02-2014, 04:46 PM
It makes sense, but it devalues the title if they win, which is so bizarre for Lebron at this point. It basically makes it look like Lebron wants the quickest and easiest route to the title as possible, every time. I also don't see how Melo gets any credit. It's Lebron's title, which Melo helped to get.

So he gets the experience of winning, and he gets the "he can't win" thing off his back (which is unfair, so few people win). But he's not going to get the Lebron lovefest because that was becuase Lebron did practically everything.
Melo will probably never win a championship. He's not the type of player who'll lead his team to a championship. If he wins, it will be because of him being in a great team with other good players. Melo will never lead a team to a championship because of his individual brilliance.

It is all up to Melo. He could either be remembered as a Adrian Dantley or Dominique Wilkins type of player, great scorer but nothing more. Or he could end his career fighting for multiple championships as a 2nd option like McHale or Worthy. Melo has had 11 years to score thousands of points that lead to nothing.

I honestly have a huge suspicion that Melo will end up in Miami and him, Wade and Lebron will leave a bunch of money on the table to make it happen.

NewYorkNoPicks
03-02-2014, 05:35 PM
...this summer, would he take it? Would it be worthwhile for Miami, and how would Knicks fans react?

Don't underestimate the pull that the Heat have people.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/46695068.jpg

Not everyone is a pvssy sheep that follows the herd

Black and White
03-02-2014, 05:40 PM
I don't see him doing it, he knows how badly he will get bashed.

SavageMode
03-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Melo will come to the Heat this Fall. Where else could Melo flourish, he knows he can't win as the man anymore.

MightyWhitey
03-02-2014, 06:54 PM
Lebron and Melo would never be able to mesh. You can't have two alpha males in the same team. Wade knew he had to become the Beta male and Bosh just an overpaid roll player.

Draz
03-02-2014, 06:55 PM
Nawh I think he needs money, lebron has shit to lose he makes what 43 million in endorsements alone yearly.

niko
03-02-2014, 06:57 PM
Lebron is not taking $14M either. People say he took less before, fractionally less and he made the Heat trade draft picks so Cleveland did a S&T so he could get paid more. Miami sent a pick so that selfless Lebron could take a small pct less money over an extra year.

He's often said he should get $50M a year, he's taking $14?

SavageMode
03-02-2014, 06:58 PM
Lebron is not taking $14M either. People say he took less before, fractionally less and he made the Heat trade draft picks so Cleveland did a S&T so he could get paid more. Miami sent a pick so that selfless Lebron could take a small pct less money over an extra year.

He's often said he should get $50M a year, he's taking $14?
Melo gon sign fo the MLE.

GoSpursGo1984
03-02-2014, 07:13 PM
http://thatisevil.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/4474065261_4f95455a3d_z.jpg

Lebron23
03-02-2014, 07:18 PM
Miami don't need him. I rather see them sign a younger center, or a younger backup Shooting Guard cause Ray Allen is almost 40.