View Full Version : Larry Bird Will End Up As Only The 3rd Best SF Ever

aboss4real24
03-03-2014, 02:14 PM
Its Pretty Obvious That Lebron has already Passed him

and if he gets his 3rd ring He'll Be Head and Shoulders above em

KD Is trending that way also

KD Will win atleast win 9 Scoring Titles

he'll get 2 or 3 rings and A couple Mvps

By The end of the Day Lebron And Kd Will Both Be Better Than Bird And Have Better Careers Than Larry White Legend

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/camronbill.gif

riseagainst
03-03-2014, 02:15 PM
maybe lebron. But not Durant.

Milbuck
03-03-2014, 02:19 PM
Lebron will.

I don't think Durant will, but after seeing just how ****ing good Durant is this season AT 25 YEARS OLD, I don't think we can definitively say he won't pass up Bird. For all we know KD could keep getting better until he's 28 years old. Can you imagine how good he'd be after 3 more seasons of improvement?

mr.big35
03-03-2014, 02:26 PM
is lebron even consider sf these days. dont he plays power forward now

oarabbus
03-03-2014, 02:27 PM
Lebron still has his dues to pay before he passes Bird alltime.

Charles Barkley may have been better than Pippen alltime as a player but the accolades/achievements aren't there.

aboss4real24
03-03-2014, 02:30 PM
Lebron still has his dues to pay before he passes Bird alltime.

Charles Barkley may have been better than Pippen alltime as a player but the accolades/achievements aren't there.

Lebron has surpassed Birds accolades, only difference right now is 1 rings

LBJ4MVP23
03-03-2014, 02:34 PM
All time lists are generally about career achievement as opposed to "Who is the best player?" I'll take peak Shaq over peak Magic, but Magic is rightfully ranked higher all-time because he accomplished more through out his career. Career all time list's are also heavily dependent on supporting cast. Does anyone think if KG spent his prime years surrounded by Lakers-Celtics-Bulls level talent he wouldn't be top 10?

With all of that said LBJ has equal accolades to Bird at this point, or at worst slightly behind Bird. 2 rings with 2 finals MVPS vs 3 with 3, and 4 MVPS vs 3. Right now they are equals in terms of career standing imo. Another ring with finals MVP this year and LBJ passes him objectively based on career achievement.

However if you want to argue who, in their prime, is the best SF ever? Thats a different conversation and Bird or LBJ is a perfectly acceptable answer.

Ron Jeremy
03-03-2014, 02:35 PM
:facepalm

BoutPractice
03-03-2014, 02:36 PM
Lebron will.

I don't think Durant will, but after seeing just how ****ing good Durant is this season AT 25 YEARS OLD, I don't think we can definitively say he won't pass up Bird. For all we know KD could keep getting better until he's 28 years old. Can you imagine how good he'd be after 3 more seasons of improvement?
You forgot about Giannis.

Demitri98
03-03-2014, 02:39 PM
This might be an agenda thread, but I actually legitimately believe this could happen. Bird was great, but LeBron is well on his way to surpassing him. 'Bron in my book is going to be 4-6th all-time.

CelticBaller
03-03-2014, 02:40 PM
I'll love to see kd put up 30 on 54%

Keno
03-03-2014, 02:47 PM
people don't already have lebron above bird? lmao is this a joke right? i hate these old heads who think 80's/90's players are untouchable.

LBJ4MVP23
03-03-2014, 02:50 PM
people don't already have lebron above bird? lmao is this a joke right? i hate these old heads who think 80's/90's players are untouchable.

Im a huge LBJ fan, but how can you so 100% put LBJ ahead of Bird? 3 finals MVps to 2 and only 4 MVPS to 3 for a guy whose career was cut short by injury. I have LBJ ahead, but its not so cut and dry.

jzek
03-03-2014, 02:50 PM
LeBron can never surpass Bird. Here's why: 10s left on the clock, game on the line. Who would you rather have the ball - Bird or LeBron?

That's why Bird is the GOAT SF.

LBJ4MVP23
03-03-2014, 02:52 PM
LeBron can never surpass Bird. Here's why: 10s left on the clock, game on the line. Who would you rather have the ball - Bird or LeBron?

So Robert Horry is the best player ever? Next time you make a post see if your logic for that comment extends to other players outside of just LeBron. If it still makes sense, proceed. If it doesn't shut up because you are a moron.

If most clutch = best player, then LBJ and Melo are the best in the game and Horry is the best player of all time.

rhowen4
03-03-2014, 02:54 PM
Well Bird played 13 years (probably should have been a couple less) so if both lbj and kd stay healthy, I could see them doing it.

Keno
03-03-2014, 02:55 PM
Im a huge LBJ fan, but how can you so 100% put LBJ ahead of Bird? 3 finals MVps to 2 and only 4 MVPS to 3 for a guy whose career was cut short by injury. I have LBJ ahead, but its not so cut and dry.

bird had one of the most stacked teams of all time. when lebron got four mvps/two rings, finals mvps, it was a toss up for me. but when lebron passed him in points and assists all time this season, he's clearly the best sf of all time.

SHAQisGOAT
03-03-2014, 03:20 PM
:roll:

Good one

MavsSuperFan
03-03-2014, 03:23 PM
Lebron has already passed bird. No insult to bird as lebron might make it as high as 2nd all time to jordan.
Durant might, but that is still unclear.

Suguru101
03-03-2014, 03:49 PM

Bird has 2 Finals MVP's. Maxwell won MVP in the 81 Finals.

K Xerxes
03-03-2014, 03:52 PM
Bird has 2 Finals MVP's. Maxwell won MVP in the 81 Finals.

It would be fair to say, however, that Bird was the leader and best player of that 81 team. Sort of the same as Duncan in 07 or Kareem in 80 etc.

KyrieTheFuture
03-03-2014, 03:59 PM
As talented as KD is on offense, Bird is still on another level

Micku
03-03-2014, 04:02 PM
Maybe.

Black and White
03-03-2014, 04:04 PM
Sure there is a chance, but LeBron hasn't passed Bird yet, I don't know if KD can do it, but time will tell.

DMAVS41
03-03-2014, 04:04 PM
Lebron's peak is every bit as good as Bird's...and unless he gets hurt...will ultimately pass him with comparable peak/prime play and better longevity

Durant is not as good as peak Bird. Therefore he'd have to either get better at his peak (he definitely could)...so if Durant passes him it will be more on longevity (assuming this is peak Durant)

My guess is that in 15 years the SF list will be;

1. Lebron
2. Bird
3. Durant

Lebron, barring an injury, will be the clear GOAT sf

Euroleague
03-03-2014, 04:28 PM
LeRoid isn't half as good as Bird.

fefe
03-03-2014, 04:32 PM
How do you "end up" as the 3rd best ever?

Is the end of the world coming soon or what?
Is basketball going to be removed from the list of sports?

It is normal that you are only the best ever as long as someone in the future takes takes that spot...

Up till now Larry Bird has been the best SF ever.

All Net
03-03-2014, 04:32 PM

So Fish/Horry are better too?

Jlamb47
03-03-2014, 04:48 PM
I see Durant taking the 2nd spot in about 6-7 years

Lebron23
03-03-2014, 04:51 PM
Eh, LeBron will play for a longer time. Larry played in such a brutal era, his body collapsed, and after he went to 4 straight NBA Finals, he lost his prime form. So leave career milestones out of it, go by averages. LeBron was a better scorer in his CLE days, barely better in his MIA days.

Bird was a better rebounder, LeBron is a better assist guy, their passing abilities are dang close. Bird was a better defender etc.... Let LeBron finish his career though.

What are you talking about?

How do you "end up" as the 3rd best ever?

Is the end of the world coming soon or what?
Is basketball going to be removed from the list of sports?

It is normal that you are only the best ever as long as someone in the future takes takes that spot...

Up till now Larry Bird has been the best SF ever.

You need to watch more games son. Lebron already surpassed or tied Larry Bird as best small forward.

Bird - 3x NBA MVP, 2x Finals MVP, and 3x NBA Champion

James - 4x NBA MVP, 2x Finals MVP, and back to back NBA Champion.

Regular Season, Playoffs, and Finals Stats.

Larry Bird

Regular Season

24.3 ppg on 49.6 FG%, 10 rpg, 6.3 apg, 1.7 spg, 0.7 bpg.

Playoffs

23.8 ppg on 47.2 FG%, 10.3 rpg, 6.5 apg, 1.8 spg, and 0.8

Finals Stats

31 games - 23.1 ppg on 45.6 FG%, 11.6 rpg, 6.0 apg, 2.0 spg, 0.8 bpg

Lebron James

Regular Season

LeBron Stats:

27.5 PPG on 49.6 FG%, 7.2 RPG, 7.0 APG, 1.7 SPG, .8 BPG

Playoffs

28.1 PPG on 47.2 FG%, 8.6 RPG, 6.7 APG, 1.7 SPG, .9 BPG

Finals

22 games - 23.4 ppg on 44.7 FG%, 9.0 rpg, 7.0 apg, 1.7 spg, 0.6 bpg

Lebron is the greatest small forward, and with another NBA title he'll likely be a top 4-6 player of all time after this season.

Lebron would finish with more Finals MVP, and All NBA Teams appearance than Bird.

Cold soul
03-03-2014, 05:00 PM
Lebron will surpass Bird soon enough but I highly doubt Durant does. It's most likely Durant ends up 3rd greatest SF of all-time which ain't too bad.

Blue&Orange
03-03-2014, 05:07 PM
So Robert Horry is the best player ever? Next time you make a post see if your logic for that comment extends to other players outside of just LeBron. If it still makes sense, proceed. If it doesn't shut up because you are a moron.
This is hilarious coming from a guy that talks about accolades. 7 ring biatch

Lebron isn't nor will ever be a better basketball player than Bird, anyone with a brain know this, not even close, now if idiots what to rank him higher because of his accolades, which right now resumes to biggest choke job in the history of the finals, sitting himself on the bench with fake cramps after air balling while his teamates and the refs carried him, and Ray Allen big shot, go for it.

And don't know about Durant passing Bird, but i'm pretty sure if Lebron ever makes the top10, Durant might the one kicking him out of it.

Megabox!
03-03-2014, 05:15 PM
This is hilarious coming from a guy that talks about accolades. 7 ring biatch

Lebron isn't nor will ever be a better basketball player than Bird, anyone with a brain know this, not even close, now if idiots what to rank him higher because of his accolades, which right now resumes to biggest choke job in the history of the finals, sitting himself on the bench with fake cramps after air balling while his teamates and the refs carried him, and Ray Allen big shot, go for it.

And don't know about Durant passing Bird, but i'm pretty sure if Lebron ever makes the top10, Durant might the one kicking him out of it.
:facepalm Please stop posting

jzek
03-03-2014, 05:16 PM
So Fish/Horry are better too?

This is about LeBron and Bird... not Horry and Fisher.

Who would you rather take the last shot - LeBron or Bird?

Of course Bird and that is why he'll forever be ahead of LeBron in the alltime SF list. They both have MVPs, FMVPs, rings, etc and so clutchness is the only thing that separates who's ahead of who.

Milbuck
03-03-2014, 05:16 PM
You forgot about Giannis.
In a few years Giannis will be a 7 foot point-center-forward-guard. Basically positionless.

All Net
03-03-2014, 05:18 PM
This is about LeBron and Bird... not Horry and Fisher.

Who would you rather take the last shot - LeBron or Bird?

Of course Bird and that is why he'll forever be ahead of LeBron in the alltime SF list.

Point stands that being more clutch than somebody else isn't the deciding factor on who's better. If Lebron has more rings, MVP's, better numbers he will be considered better clutch or not.

Rolando
03-03-2014, 05:35 PM
I'm happy to be a fan of Bird, the better player, in my opinion.

I know Lebron is due to pass him in term of accolades though. But, Bird had more toughness, coldbloodedness and heart. He was a badass....a bit moreso that LeBron.

oarabbus
03-03-2014, 05:58 PM

I know Lebron is due to pass him in term of accolades though. But, Bird had more toughness, coldbloodedness and heart. He was a badass....a bit moreso that LeBron.

Agreed. Lebron still has a ways to go before he is better than Bird.

Essentially what people are getting at without explicitly saying is Larry Bird's brain in LeBron's body is better than Larry Bird. But that's not how it works, and Bird is better as of now.

Milbuck
03-03-2014, 06:01 PM
Point stands that being more clutch than somebody else isn't the deciding factor on who's better. If Lebron has more rings, MVP's, better numbers he will be considered better clutch or not.
I would not give Fisher or Horry the ball with 10 seconds to go. How often did they create that clutch shot out of nothing? As flawed as Lebron can be in the clutch, he's infinitely more reliable than two guys who can barely create for themselves.

Lebron23
03-03-2014, 06:10 PM
Bird was a better defender. I don't see what the question is with that. And the stats are really, really close. You want to believe LeBron just blows Bird out of the water when he just doesn't. Wait until LeBron's career is over to make this claim because all you're gonna do is get angry when you can't state one thing that vastly separates the two.

At age 29 Lebron already has more All NBA Defensive team than Bird. Lebron with 3 Finals MVP and another MVP this is no longer a worthy comparison RG.

kennethgriffin
03-03-2014, 06:10 PM
lebron and durant have been playing PF and C for the last few years

lebron - 6-9 ( maybe 6-10 )

durant - 6-11 ( maybe 7 feet )

enough with the SF crap

infact.. birds a PF aswell.. he was 6-10

GOAT SF = Baylor

zoom17
03-03-2014, 06:16 PM

enough with the SF crap

GOAT SF = Baylor

:facepalm

Thunderfan86
03-03-2014, 07:29 PM

enough with the SF crap

GOAT SF = Baylor
Sit yo ass down nikka :facepalm

Keno
03-03-2014, 07:33 PM
Eh, LeBron will play for a longer time. Larry played in such a brutal era, his body collapsed, and after he went to 4 straight NBA Finals, he lost his prime form. So leave career milestones out of it, go by averages. LeBron was a better scorer in his CLE days, barely better in his MIA days.

Bird was a better rebounder, LeBron is a better assist guy, their passing abilities are dang close. Bird was a better defender etc.... Let LeBron finish his career though.

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo and i thought i have seen it all. truly remarkable the moronic things said on an internet message board.

Keno
03-03-2014, 07:36 PM
and bird was the "better" rebounder because of the pace back then. it was way faster than it is today and there was very minimal defence being played.

Euroleague
03-03-2014, 07:40 PM
In a few years Giannis will be a 7 foot point-center-forward-guard. Basically positionless.

Even though he's only 6-10.

Black and White
03-03-2014, 07:42 PM
Even though he's only 6-10.

Too bad he is already better than V-Span

Kblaze8855
03-03-2014, 08:01 PM
If you look at career numbers, and totals, and awards, and all that Lebron is going to totally destroy Bird. By a margin that makes it absurd to even ask. Hes going to have more...everything. Its possible he never wins another ring...but if not...2 rings, 2 finals MVPS, 4 MVPs, probably 15-18 all star games, 12-13 time all nba first team...it wont be close.

But I wouldnt take him over Bird for my team.

Karl Malone career wise blows away a lot of people who id take over him.

They really arent the same discussion.

Round Mound
03-03-2014, 08:22 PM
[B]When They Rebound, Pass, Team Defend and Are as Clutch as Bird Was. Then You Can Make That Comparison, Not Before. They Only Have Scoring on Bird

wakencdukest
03-03-2014, 08:38 PM

LeBron and Durant will probably end up on most peoples lists of greatest small forwards ever, but will never have the league wide respect Bird had. No one ever questioned his toughness, heart, or intensity on the court. I hated his guts back in the 80's, but over time realized he was of a different breed than these guys today.

MichaelCorleone
03-03-2014, 08:40 PM
Lebron James
Larry Bird

The rest of them