PDA

View Full Version : Steph Curry has changed the game immensely

fpliii
03-03-2014, 03:04 PM
Unlimited range and not one-dimensional on offense. We've had plenty of guys who are good at shooting the three and a few who are great, but I've seen Curry doubled on and off the ball 29 or 30 feet out regularly.

:biggums:

oarabbus
03-03-2014, 03:21 PM
Unlimited range and not one-dimensional on offense. We've had plenty of guys who are good at shooting the three and a few who are great, but I've seen Curry doubled on and off the ball 29 or 30 feet out regularly.

It is truly unreal. Never, ever have I seen a guard (even moreso a PG) doubled as intensely as Steph when he's feelin it, and from so far out. Redefines "can't give him an inch of space".

sd3035
03-03-2014, 03:26 PM
Curry is one of the most exciting players in the history of the game. When he's on fire he doesn't seem human

gasolina
03-03-2014, 03:58 PM
His ball handling skills help him get off any shot he wants, and his three is so mechanically simple he only needs a split second to get it off.

Lillard is similar but Curry's just a much better shooter than anyone on the planet

KyrieTheFuture
03-03-2014, 04:03 PM
I'd like him a lot more if he didn't the ball over so often

BigTicket
03-03-2014, 04:11 PM
Curry is still only 25, and he's already hit more 3s than guys like Bird, Mullin, Hornacek, Horry or Kerr did in their entire career.

sd3035
03-03-2014, 04:12 PM
I'd like him a lot more if he didn't the ball over so often

I'd like Kyrie more if he wasn't a D league version of Curry

Marlo_Stanfield
03-03-2014, 04:15 PM
imagine how great it must feel to know you are the best shooter on the whole planet:biggums: :biggums: . at least in pro ball
even lookin like a teenage girl cant diminish that feeling:coleman:

Bibby4Three
03-03-2014, 04:16 PM
Curry is awesome to watch.

His shot off the dribble is something like I have never seen before.

sd3035
03-03-2014, 04:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuB3n--Sx10

Bibby4Three
03-03-2014, 04:18 PM
imagine how great it must feel to know you are the best shooter on the whole planet:biggums: :biggums: . at least in pro ball

Curry gets mad ***** anyway so who cares...

Spaulding
03-03-2014, 04:20 PM

Quick to critize how someone looks? Post some pics of yourself or it is assumed you look like a "teenage girl" yourself.

sd3035
03-03-2014, 04:21 PM

He may look small for a basketball player, but let's not forget that he is a 6'3" professional athlete, he could probably smack you around with little effort

JohnMax
03-03-2014, 04:57 PM
Best thing about Curry is he gives you a reference point against other shooters. For example, Curry makes Durant look like a bad shooter who in return makes Kobe look like a bad shooter.

Milbuck
03-03-2014, 05:20 PM
It feels so weird saying it right now, disrespectful really, but I honestly think he might be the best shooter ever.

I.R.Beast
03-03-2014, 05:28 PM
Y'all can come up with all the BS reasons y'all want why he aint the best PG in the game... but he's the best... he can carry an offense like no other PG can right now outside of russell westbrook.

red1
03-03-2014, 05:35 PM
Im a huge fan. The kid is nice

inclinerator
03-03-2014, 05:36 PM
yet they keep losing

oarabbus
03-03-2014, 05:39 PM
Best thing about Curry is he gives you a reference point against other shooters. For example, Curry makes Durant look like a bad shooter who in return makes Kobe look like a bad shooter.

:bowdown:

KyrieTheFuture
03-03-2014, 05:52 PM
Y'all can come up with all the BS reasons y'all want why he aint the best PG in the game... but he's the best... he can carry an offense like no other PG can right now outside of russell westbrook.
I don't think you know what carry an offense means.

JimmyMcAdocious
03-03-2014, 05:57 PM
I think he has the second or third best handle in the league. How many players in NBA history were top 3 for shooting and handles during their time? Great combination, and why his shooting off the dribble is GOAT level. He creates just enough space against virtually every defense. Helps that he can shoot out to 30.

TonyD
03-03-2014, 06:08 PM
He's a great player but I wouldn't say he's "changed the game immensely."

SHAQisGOAT
03-03-2014, 06:10 PM
He's a great player but I wouldn't say he's "changed the game immensely."

This

I think he has the second or third best handle in the league. How many players in NBA history were top 3 for shooting and handles during their time? Great combination, and why his shooting off the dribble is GOAT level. He creates just enough space against virtually every defense. Helps that he can shoot out to 30.

Pistol Pete (who Curry reminds me plenty of, shame that he didn't have a 3pt line)
you could also make a case for Nash in his peak

oarabbus
03-03-2014, 06:14 PM

Who has better handles? I'm not disagreeing or saying Curry is #1, just wondering who you have above him.

Nikola_
03-03-2014, 06:17 PM
advanced nutrit..oh wait

DuMa
03-03-2014, 06:17 PM
Curry reminds me of a slightly worse Nash with a gunner's mentality

Inferno
03-03-2014, 06:23 PM
yet they keep losing

:biggums: 2nd round last year

AnaheimLakers24
03-03-2014, 06:25 PM
curry will also never win a ring as a 1st option. neither will amy of these scoring first point gaurds. only way he will win is as a 3-4th option who only shopts 3s like ray allen. no one should be impressed by these point gaurds. theu been around since forever

LONGTIME
03-03-2014, 06:29 PM
:biggums: 2nd round last year

First round this year. :lol

wagexslave
03-03-2014, 06:38 PM
He's easily one of the worst defenders in the league though.. lol

JimmyMcAdocious
03-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Who has better handles? I'm not disagreeing or saying Curry is #1, just wondering who you have above him.

CP3 and possibly Kyrie.

KingMillions
03-03-2014, 07:00 PM
Is it just me or does Steph run funny?

oarabbus
03-03-2014, 07:00 PM
CP3 and possibly Kyrie.

That's fair.

He's easily one of the worst defenders in the league though.. lol

No. No he isn't.

inclinerator
03-03-2014, 07:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bNzOYzq.gif

bdreason
03-03-2014, 07:06 PM
yet they keep losing

Warriors are 12 games over .500 in the Western Conference.

Curry is getting a bit overrated though. First off, his handles are WAY overrated. His dribbling is aesthetically pleasing, but he gets ripped as much or more than any PG in the league. Secondly, he is an amazing one-handed passer, but one-handed passes are lower %, and he attempts them far too often... maybe that's why he LEADS THE NBA IN TURNOVERS.

I don't really see how Curry has "changed the game". Kevin Durant does most of what Curry can do, only he's 6'10" tall. If you want to talk about a guy who is "changing the game", Durant seems like a more appropriate candidate. We've seen players like Curry in the NBA many times before.

RedBlackAttack
03-03-2014, 07:06 PM
He's a little bowlegged. That could be the result of his ankle problems over the years.

Then again, LeBron James is bowlegged too.... doesn't really slow him down.

Akrazotile
03-03-2014, 07:08 PM
He may look small for a basketball player, but let's not forget that he is a 6'3" professional athlete, he could probably smack you around with little effort

Lets not forget that all NBA heights are blatant lies and he is probably 6'0.

Which even still is relatively "tall" amonst the entire population but doesnt exactly make him gargantuan.

inclinerator
03-03-2014, 07:09 PM

Which even still is relatively "tall" amonst the entire population but doesnt exactly make him gargantuan.
idk about 6'0 maybe 6'1 without shoes

RedBlackAttack
03-03-2014, 07:15 PM

idk about 6'0 maybe 6'1 without shoes

His official measurement was taken at the combine in '09.

6'2" without shoes... 6'3.25" with shoes. It doesn't get any more official than that, unless you think the people at the combine are lying... which would be kind of hard since there are TV cameras and reporters crawling all over the place at every station.

moe94
03-03-2014, 08:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bNzOYzq.gif

Did he totally snub him? Guess he was in the zone.

I.R.Beast
03-03-2014, 08:59 PM
curry will also never win a ring as a 1st option. neither will amy of these scoring first point gaurds. only way he will win is as a 3-4th option who only shopts 3s like ray allen. no one should be impressed by these point gaurds. theu been around since forever

because you can predict the future....

MichaelCorleone
03-03-2014, 09:03 PM
Really?:facepalm

This is not the first time we've seen a Curry-like player.

Rubio2Gasol
03-03-2014, 09:13 PM

Durant pretty much never gets doubled outside, mainly because he's not likely to hit them off the dribble that far out, and because if he does hit them, the hard double isn't going to obstruct that much, he'll just go over you inside. And because Westbrook will kill you.

Curry, with a modicum of space around a screen will nail you.

If anyone is overrated, it's the hacks known respectively as Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes and, to an extent Andre Igudodala. The latter gets a slight pass because he can handle the ball, which comes in handy when your point guard is the target of the most traps I've even seen....but Thompson and Barnes, Jesus Christ, learn to create your own shot. They should trade one of them, maybe both, for someone who who can create.

It's stupid watching Curry and David Lee carry that offence to the extent they do, then have people talk about Barnes, Thompson and Iguodala.

fpliii
03-03-2014, 09:21 PM
Really?:facepalm

This is not the first time we've seen a Curry-like player.
idk homie who else comes to mind? :confusedshrug:

RedBlackAttack
03-03-2014, 09:27 PM
Durant pretty much never gets doubled outside, mainly because he's not likely to hit them off the dribble that far out, and because if he does hit them, the hard double isn't going to obstruct that much, he'll just go over you inside. And because Westbrook will kill you.

Curry, with a modicum of space around a screen will nail you.

If anyone is overrated, it's the hacks known respectively as Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes and, to an extent Andre Igudodala. The latter gets a slight pass because he can handle the ball, which comes in handy when your point guard is the target of the most traps I've even seen....but Thompson and Barnes, Jesus Christ, learn to create your own shot. They should trade one of them, maybe both, for someone who who can create.

It's stupid watching Curry and David Lee carry that offence to the extent they do, then have people talk about Barnes, Thompson and Iguodala.
Klay Thompson brings instant floor spacing. That is vitally important to any offense. No, he's not going to beat his man one-on-one too often or playmake for others, but his mere presence on the floor opens things up for everyone else, including Curry.

You take Thompson off that team and replace him with a playmaker without a great perimeter shot, you're going to see a lot of the stuff that was there before suddenly gone. The floor will shrink and driving lanes will be sparse.

I've never been much of a fan of Barnes. I feel like they should have traded him at the last deadline when his value was still pretty high. He's a 10-12 point/4 rebound player in this league. I don't see anything particularly special about his game and I also don't see much of a ceiling. My personal opinion.

MichaelCorleone
03-03-2014, 09:38 PM
idk homie who else comes to mind? :confusedshrug:
Steve Nash.

Better shooter than Curry.

FARRRRR better passer than Curry.

Better court vision than Curry.

Higher basketball IQ than Curry.

che guevara
03-03-2014, 09:53 PM
Steve Nash.

Better shooter than Curry.

FARRRRR better passer than Curry.

Better court vision than Curry.

Higher basketball IQ than Curry.
Nash and Curry do not play much like each other at all - Nash sets up his scoring with his passing, whereas Curry sets up his passing with his scoring. Totally different mentalities and style. Awful comparison.

Curry's clearly the superior shooter, too, btw - there's not really any room for debate here.

MichaelCorleone
03-03-2014, 09:54 PM
Curry's clearly the superior shooter, too, btw - there's not really any room for debate here.
:oldlol: :roll: :lol

Nash is a BETTER shooter than Curry. Go check the numbers and percentages.

redboy
03-03-2014, 09:59 PM

volume > efficiency

MichaelCorleone
03-03-2014, 10:01 PM
volume > efficiency
Lemme guess...Kobe fan?:oldlol: :facepalm

che guevara
03-03-2014, 10:05 PM

Nash - 42.8% career 3 point shooter, 3.2 attempts per game.

Curry - 43.9% career 3 point shooter, 6.1 attempts per game.

Nash for his career shoots 1% better on long 2s (48.4% for Nash, 47.4% for Curry) despite Curry taking a much higher volume of shots from that distance. Nash shoots a better FG% because he's a vastly superior finisher at the rim and from 3-10 feet.

**** outta here, 2014 kid.

MichaelCorleone
03-03-2014, 10:09 PM
Nash - 42.8% career 3 point shooter, 3.2 attempts per game.

Curry - 43.9% career 3 point shooter, 6.1 attempts per game.

Nash for his career shoots 1% better on long 2s (48.4% for Nash, 47.4% for Curry) despite Curry taking a much higher volume of shots from that distance. Nash shoots a better FG% because he's a vastly superior finisher at the rim and from 3-10 feet.

**** outta here, 2014 kid.
Nash is a better shooter, nothing you can do about that.

And no, I'm not a "2014 kid".:facepalm

Dizzle-2k7
03-03-2014, 10:35 PM
hes a chucker and his team will go nowhere if he keeps chucking.

nobody else on the warriors can catch a rhythm as long as curry keeps chucking. i knew they had no chance against spurs last year because curry is a chucker.

and WOW they got even worse this year LMAO. the offense is all wrong. it should not be focused around curry at all. he should be the 2nd or 3rd option, but nowhere near the 1st. bad basketball imo