PDA

View Full Version : Al Jefferson

Boston C's
03-04-2014, 08:10 PM
Where does he rank in the top bigmen in the game...I really think this is the best yr hes ever had in the league so far

WallIn
03-04-2014, 08:12 PM
Al Jefferson>Paul Millsap

Should have been an All-Star

imdaman99
03-04-2014, 08:13 PM
Good offensive player, pathetic on defense.

Real Men Wear Green
03-04-2014, 08:14 PM
Anthony Davis is not the NBA's only 20-10 player. It's weird that he got 0 All-Star buzz.

Johnny Jones
03-04-2014, 08:24 PM
Anthony Davis is not the NBA's only 20-10 player. It's weird that he got 0 All-Star buzz.
Actually AD isn't averaging 20/10 anymore :oldlol: .

Xiao Yao You
03-04-2014, 08:25 PM
Al Jefferson>Paul Millsap

Should have been an All-Star

I miss Paul. Glad to see Al go. Al's game is limited. He has to be in a situation where he is the focal point of an offense and you aren't going far with him as the focal point. Millsap would find a way to fit into any team in the league.

WallIn
03-04-2014, 08:26 PM
I've always thought Al Jefferson as capable of being a solid franchise player :confusedshrug: Along with Kemba Walker he's saving Cats from the basketball abyss

JohnMax
03-04-2014, 08:28 PM
Eastern Conference = D-League of the NBA

Dwight Howard and Carmelo are beasts in the East but suck out in the West. (I am speaking of stats not how team does)

Xiao Yao You
03-04-2014, 08:29 PM
And they are still under .500 in the east.

DMV2
03-04-2014, 08:36 PM
And they are still under .500 in the east.
A lot of teams in the East are under .500. And for a good portion of the season so far, only Indy and Miami were above .500.

Bobcats are doing a lot better than expected and Big Al is a big reason. Gotta give the man some credit.

SavageMode
03-04-2014, 08:37 PM
Horrible player.

Basketbolero
03-04-2014, 08:39 PM
He was injured early and did not play enough games to be in the converstaion IMO

Xiao Yao You
03-04-2014, 08:40 PM
A lot of teams in the East are under .500. And for a good portion of the season so far, only Indy and Miami were above .500.

Bobcats are doing a lot better than expected and Big Al is a big reason. Gotta give the man some credit.

I do. Credit him for taking the money and hitting the road. :applause:

Basketbolero
03-04-2014, 08:40 PM
Horrible player.
Horrible player just gave 38pts 19rb to your hero's team, moron....

SavageMode
03-04-2014, 08:41 PM
Horrible player just gave 38pts 19rb to your hero's team, moron....
Empty Stats.

Dude couldn't do shit on the Utah Jazz back then and he still hasn't improved his game at all.

Basketbolero
03-04-2014, 08:44 PM
Empty Stats.

Dude couldn't do shit on the Utah Jazz back then and he still hasn't improved his game at all.
You guys throw around that empty stats BS when you want to trash a player but have nothing negative to point out about him.

He has had injuries and is a bit of a niche player who needs to be on a certain type of system to perform. Charlotte offers him that and the results have been very good so far.

Xiao Yao You
03-04-2014, 08:44 PM
Empty Stats.

He's improved. He's not as much of a black hole as he once was. He tries harder on d. Glad he's doing it elsewhere now though.

Xiao Yao You
03-04-2014, 08:45 PM
You guys throw around that empty stats BS when you want to trash a player but have nothing negative to point out about him.

He has had injuries and is a bit of a niche player who needs to be on a certain type of system to perform. Charlotte offers him that and the results have been very good so far.

Under .500 in the east isn't exactly very good.

DMV2
03-04-2014, 08:48 PM
XYY = hater

Basketbolero
03-04-2014, 08:49 PM
Under .500 in the east isn't exactly very good.
His play has been very good. I don't think you can make him responsible for the team's record. That roster is still young and has many flaws.

They are not underperforming IMO.

Solefade
03-04-2014, 08:51 PM

Dwight Howard and Carmelo are beasts in the East but suck out in the West. (I am speaking of stats not how team does)

uhm carmelo was just as good in the west if not better

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/1975/carmelo-anthony

and dwight as you know has been hurt and is still recovering...and is also playing with Harden

Xiao Yao You
XYY = hater

:roll:

That roster is still young and has many flaws.

One of the flaws is building around him. Didn't work in Minnesota or Utah.

FireDavidKahn
I've always thought Al Jefferson as capable of being a solid franchise player :confusedshrug: Along with Kemba Walker he's saving Cats from the basketball abyss
Big Al had the opportunity to be a franchise player as the man in Minny and failed miserably.

Xiao Yao You
03-04-2014, 08:55 PM
Hell of a heist your boy Kahn made getting essentially 3 1st round picks and a huge TPE while unloading Al on the Jazz.

Basketbolero
03-04-2014, 08:56 PM
:roll:

One of the flaws is building around him. Didn't work in Minnesota or Utah.
Way too simplistic analysis, are you going to discuss or just diss him with one liners?

He is playing well, no one is saying he is a franchise player but in Charlotte he is surrounded by players that help cover his weaknesses and allow him to play to his strenghts, does it bother you as a Jazz fan that he is doing well or what? :confusedshrug:

WallIn
03-04-2014, 08:56 PM
Big Al had the opportunity to be a franchise player as the man in Minny and failed miserably.

To be fair, I doubt any kind of a franchise player could help Minny at this point :lol

Xiao Yao You
03-04-2014, 08:59 PM
Way too simplistic analysis, are you going to discuss or just diss him with one liners?

He is playing well, no one is saying he is a franchise player but in Charlotte he is surrounded by players that help cover his weaknesses and allow him to play to his strenghts, does it bother you as a Jazz fan that he is doing well or what? :confusedshrug:

No I'm very happy for him and even happier for myself not to have to watch him do any more pump fakes while his teammates stand around watching him or have to watch him try to defend a pick and roll.

FireDavidKahn
03-04-2014, 09:00 PM
Hell of a heist your boy Kahn made getting essentially 3 1st round picks and a huge TPE while unloading Al on the Jazz.
Too bad Kahn didn't to shit with it. David Kahn Set this franchise back to ****ing hard. He also sold Chandler Parsons and Mirotic away to the Bulls for cash for crying out loud.

Basketbolero
03-04-2014, 09:00 PM
No I'm very happy for him and even happier for myself not to have to watch him do any more pump fakes while his teammates stand around watching him or have to watch him try to defend a pick and roll.
:oldlol: This is so true though

Nuff Said
03-04-2014, 09:11 PM

I seem to have forgotten, can you remind me which conference won the all star game this year? I mean it's obvious the completely stacked west won over the weak leastern conference but I just wanna be sure...

alexd
03-04-2014, 09:53 PM
I seem to have forgotten, can you remind me which conference won the all star game this year? I mean it's obvious the completely stacked west won over the weak leastern conference but I just wanna be sure...
yeah east is better cause they won a friendly match that no one cared :facepalm by that logic MVP of the league is Kyrie :facepalm being over .500 in the west doesn t guaranteed a playoff spot but yeah east is more stacked

Marcus Thornton
03-04-2014, 10:37 PM
Al is always forgotten.

Nuff Said
03-05-2014, 12:16 PM
yeah east is better cause they won a friendly match that no one cared :facepalm by that logic MVP of the league is Kyrie :facepalm being over .500 in the west doesn t guaranteed a playoff spot but yeah east is more stacked
Clearly a stacked team can easily dominate a lesser talented team ie: team USA in olympics

Doctor Jay
03-05-2014, 12:19 PM
great season from him, is taking the bobcats to the playoffs with kemba. I think he's a top ten big men these days

Basketbolero
03-05-2014, 12:30 PM
Clearly a stacked team can easily dominate a lesser talented team ie: team USA in olympics
Using the ASG as proof is silly. Are you saying the talent pool is equal on both conferences then?