PDA

View Full Version : Is Durant Really Better than Carmelo Anthony

SilkkTheShocker
03-05-2014, 11:13 AM
No DPOY, MVP, Championships, etc. Just a some scoring titles. He has a ROY award, but Melo was going against Bosh, Wade, LeBron, etc. Durant really isn't much different than Melo. Both are scoring sideshows that you can't titles with as the #1.

juju151111
03-05-2014, 11:15 AM
No DPOY, MVP, Championships, etc. Just a some scoring titles. He has a ROY award, but Melo was going against Bosh, Wade, LeBron, etc. Durant really isn't much different than Melo. Both are scoring sideshows that you can't titles with as the #1.
KD led his team to the finals.

kNicKz
03-05-2014, 11:18 AM
Melo drops 62= Selfish

Lebron drops 61= MVP

Stay watching sportscenter, my friends

TheMan
03-05-2014, 11:20 AM
:facepalm He's 25, how many titles did LeBron have at 25 again?:rolleyes:

plowking
03-05-2014, 11:21 AM
Melo deserved the ROY in all honesty.

SilkkTheShocker
03-05-2014, 11:24 AM
:facepalm He's 25, how many titles did LeBron have at 25 again?:rolleyes:

Who is talking just about titles? Where is the MVPs at? This is his best chance for one, and he already blew the huge lead he had. This guy will never be the face of the NBA. No charisma, just a passive-aggressive clown. Coming in 2nd as always.

NumberSix
03-05-2014, 11:26 AM
Who is talking just about titles? Where is the MVPs at? This is his best chance for one, and he already blew the huge lead he had. This guy will never be the face of the NBA. No charisma, just a passive-aggressive clown. Coming in 2nd as always.
There never was a huge lead. Just an overreaction to scoring numbers which were frequently on poor efficiency.

Kiddlovesnets
03-05-2014, 11:27 AM
Id say its very close, Durant has been known as Poor man's Anthony since he entered the league, it has stayed this way until this year. The 30+pts streak he had was phenomenal this season, and he managed to take the Thunder to the best record in the league without Westbrook. Last season Id undoubtedly take Melo over KD, this season its a toss up and hard to give an edge to either one of them.

Akrazotile
03-05-2014, 11:37 AM

Im not sure u know what passive-aggressive means.

NumberSix
03-05-2014, 11:39 AM
Id say its very close, Durant has been known as Poor man's Anthony since he entered the league, it has stayed this way until this year. The 30+pts streak he had was phenomenal this season, and he managed to take the Thunder to the best record in the league without Westbrook. Last season Id undoubtedly take Melo over KD, this season its a toss up and hard to give an edge to either one of them.
People need to stop this "to the best record" shit. It's very smoke and mirrors. The thunder by no means had the best record in that timespan.

chazzy
03-05-2014, 11:49 AM
There never was a huge lead. Just an overreaction to scoring numbers which were frequently on poor efficiency.
Huh?

People need to stop this "to the best record" shit.
They just had the best record about a week ago..

K Xerxes
03-05-2014, 11:51 AM

LeBron won his first MVP at the age of 25. If Durant wins it this year, he will be right where LeBron is at accolades-wise at the same age.

TiagoSimoes
03-05-2014, 11:54 AM
People need to stop this "to the best record" shit. It's very smoke and mirrors. The thunder by no means had the best record in that timespan.

yes they did idiot, they surpassed spurs portland and indiana during the westbrook-less run

NumberSix
03-05-2014, 11:54 AM
Huh?

They just had the best record about a week ago..
And miami had a better record than OKC yesterday. We don't say "lebron lead miami to a better record than OKC and he did it without wade.

OKC had a bunch of wins with Westbrook before he went out.

Westbrook was out what? 27 games? During that timeframe, OKC didn't have the best record.

NumberSix
03-05-2014, 11:56 AM
yes they did idiot, they surpassed spurs portland and indiana during the westbrook-less run

Ugh. How fcuking stupid are you people? What about the word "timespan" do you not comprehend?

TiagoSimoes
03-05-2014, 11:56 AM

KD is considered better than melo for atleast 2 or 3 years, melo never never reached the level KD played at last season and even 2 years ago, let alone this season. Carmelo is great and all, but KD is an all time great. its amazing how far u idiots go to undervalue KD's game and skill

TiagoSimoes
03-05-2014, 11:57 AM
ok during the timespan who had better? and even if okc didnt have the better record during that timespan, KD still led the team to nba's best record. how can u even downplay that

TheMan
03-05-2014, 11:58 AM
50%+ FG for a shooter is now poor?:oldlol:

TiagoSimoes
03-05-2014, 11:59 AM

good efficiency is +55% according to lebron dick riders. especially if u only shoot layups

NumberSix
03-05-2014, 12:02 PM
ok during the timespan who had better? and even if okc didnt have the better record during that timespan, KD still led the team to nba's best record. how can u even downplay that
Because it's an 82 game season. I don't really care which team had the best record at the 56 game mark.

Besides, miami had a better record than OKC like 4 days later. Who cares?

NumberSix
03-05-2014, 12:02 PM
Read better.

Keno
03-05-2014, 12:03 PM
durant as an individual, is only slightly better than melo, but because his supporting cast and coaching staff is much better than melo's, his team has accomplished more.

TheMan
03-05-2014, 12:06 PM
good efficiency is +55% according to lebron dick riders. especially if u only shoot layups
Easily the dumbest fan base of any star player.

SilkkTheShocker
03-05-2014, 12:07 PM

Stick to futbol, dude.

NumberSix
03-05-2014, 12:07 PM
Easily the dumbest fan base of any star player.
:facepalm

TheMan
03-05-2014, 12:14 PM

There is no other way to interpret the bolded, basically you said KD had many games of high scoring but poor efficency...what exactly do I need to "read better"?

NumberSix
03-05-2014, 12:17 PM
There is no other way to interpret the bolded, basically you said KD had many games of high scoring but poor efficency...what exactly do I need to "read better"?
Then why are you asking me if 50% is poor shooting? Are you under the impression that he shot exactly 50% in every one of those games? If not, what was your purpose of asking it?

16X
03-05-2014, 12:17 PM
Durant's first Finals - 30.6 ppg 54.8 fg%

Bran's first Finals - 22 ppg 35.6 fg%

Durant only has to average like 10 ppg this upcoming Finals and his first two Finals will still be more impressive than Bran's.

You sure you want to compare Durant to Melo?

TiagoSimoes
03-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Then why are you asking me if 50% is poor shooting? Are you under the impression that he shot exactly 50% in every one of those games? If not, what was your purpose of asking it?

u said that alot of those games were on poor efficiency, which is a lie, most of KD's high scoring games were above 50%.

and yes okc's record at that time is really impressive because it was achieved without westbrook. too bad that u lebron **********s cant see anything good besides ur idol.

KG215
03-05-2014, 12:27 PM
By you and only you. You're the only one that, for whatever ignorant reason, kept saying this bullshit over and over and over and over.

rlsmooth775
03-05-2014, 12:30 PM
LeBron won his first MVP at the age of 25. If Durant wins it this year, he will be right where LeBron is at accolades-wise at the same age.
24 actually

TheMan
03-05-2014, 12:32 PM
You know damn well Durant was shooting lights out during his hot streak. You Bron stans basically only have FG% in your favor, that's why you claim that Durant frequently had poor shooting efficency, which is a flat out lie when you consider the fact that KD shoots jumpers much more than LeBron does. KD is shooting 51%, for a jump shooter, that's elite...

Troll harder

SilkkTheShocker
03-05-2014, 12:33 PM
You know damn well Durant was shooting lights out during his hot streak. You Bron stans basically only have FG% in your favor, that's why you claim that Durant frequently had poor shooting efficency, which is a flat out lie when you consider the fact that KD shoots jumpers much more than LeBron does. KD is shooting 51%, for a jump shooter, that's elite...

Butthurt Bulls fans. LeBron's really mindf.ucked you guys :oldlol:

JerryWest
03-05-2014, 12:35 PM
Just wait till the playoffs, these trolls will be gone.

TheMan
03-05-2014, 12:36 PM
What do the Bulls have to do with this:confusedshrug:

You used to be a slightly amusing troll, but you're slipping dawg, you slipping:coleman:

SilkkTheShocker
03-05-2014, 12:38 PM
What do the Bulls have to do with this:confusedshrug:

You used to be a slightly amusing troll, but you're slipping dawg, you slipping:coleman:

You're still responding though, puppet.

SilkkTheShocker
03-05-2014, 12:39 PM
Just wait till the playoffs, these trolls will be gone.

We heard the same thing last year, and KD choked against Memphis.

JerryWest
03-05-2014, 12:44 PM
We heard the same thing last year, and KD choked against Memphis.
Lebron never choked in the playoffs too? :confusedshrug:

DJ Leon Smith
03-05-2014, 12:45 PM

Yep Bulls fans are super butthurt.

Hey remember when Jordan was outscored by two players on his own team (let's say Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant) and two players on his opposition team (let's say Clyde Drexler) including a bench player (let's say Danny Ainge) in his second NBA Finals?

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Hi LeBron fans.

P.S. Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Terry say hi to your idol.

JerryWest
03-05-2014, 12:45 PM
Also that team was absolute shit outside of Westbrook and KD, Serge and Reggie are actually good this year.

TheMan
03-05-2014, 12:46 PM
You're still responding though, puppet.
You love responding to my posts even when they aren't directed at you like in this thread...admit it, I'm in yer head:applause:

Jlamb47
03-05-2014, 12:51 PM
Always come down to Lebron Vs KD lol
yal try too hard to down grade these players to make one look better.
KD > Melo
KD is a better playmaker and defender.
and Yal acting like Lebron never choked before and always talk about FG% when Durant shotos over %50 and he shooooots more not layups

JerryWest
03-05-2014, 12:52 PM
Always come down to Lebron Vs KD lol
yal try too hard to down grade these players to make one look better.
KD > Melo
KD is a better playmaker and defender.
and Yal acting like Lebron never choked before and always talk about FG% when Durant shotos over %50 and he shooooots more not layups
Love ya :applause:

Marlo_Stanfield
03-05-2014, 12:53 PM
durant as an individual, is only slightly better than melo, but because his supporting cast and coaching staff is much better than melo's, his team has accomplished more.
:applause: :applause:

NumberSix
03-05-2014, 01:02 PM

Troll harder
Again with this 51%. I know what he's shooting for the season. Why are you bringing that up. All I said was he had frequent high scoring games on poor efficiency. There's no opinion involved. He had multiple games shooting under 39%. It's a fact. Don't like it? Oh well.

Andrei89
03-05-2014, 01:04 PM
I find Carmelo to be the greatest scorer in this league. Dont bullshit me with Durant's rip-through free throws.I cant respect that type of scoring, Its a sham!

However,

Durant is not far in terms of scorer and is a better defender and passer.

Durant> Melo

SilkkTheShocker
03-05-2014, 01:06 PM

Hey remember when Jordan was outscored by two players on his own team (let's say Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant) and two players on his opposition team (let's say Clyde Drexler) including a bench player (let's say Danny Ainge) in his second NBA Finals?

Hi LeBron fans.

P.S. Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Terry say hi to your idol.

Another upset Bulls fan. Seems like I struck a nerve. You kids are too easy.

DJ Leon Smith
03-05-2014, 01:14 PM
Another upset Bulls fan. Seems like I struck a nerve. You kids are too easy.

Far from a Bulls fan, excellent rebuttal where you laid out several facts to dispute what I brought up.

Thank you for the debate.

LOLLLLLLLLLLL

imdaman99
03-05-2014, 01:21 PM
Watching Melo play while he's in NYC, he's similar with Durant. I'd love for Melo to have an aggressive lunatic who is really good like Westbrook, instead of a retard like JR Smith as his sidekick. It would make a world of difference. Plus, it would deflect a lot of the blame he does get like Westbrook does with Durant.

NumberSix
03-05-2014, 01:22 PM

Hi LeBron fans.

Actually. I do remember Magic Johnson getting out scored by plenty of guys on both teams and I also remember Bill Russell being out scored by nearly every player on the floor for every game throughout his entire careers.

They suck though. The only way to judge a player is by how many points they score.

comerb
03-05-2014, 01:36 PM
Are we really having this conversation. Yes, Durant is a much better player than Melo. Everytime Melo has a streak of good games you people lose your ****ing minds,

KG215
03-05-2014, 02:05 PM
I find Carmelo to be the greatest scorer in this league. Dont bullshit me with Durant's rip-through free throws.I cant respect that type of scoring, Its a sham!

However,

Durant is not far in terms of scorer and is a better defender and passer.

Durant> Melo
You mean the move he maybe goes to once every two or three games to get a whopping 2 FTs? Jesus, you act like he's doing this 3-5 times every single game.

RoundMoundOfReb
03-05-2014, 02:07 PM
Yes, he is far better.

Milbuck
03-05-2014, 02:09 PM
Never understand why people are stupid enough to actually argue with Lebron stans and the moronic bullshit they come up with. I guess dumbasses draw dumbass responses :confusedshrug:

SilkkTheShocker
03-05-2014, 02:13 PM
Never understand why people are stupid enough to actually argue with Lebron stans and the moronic bullshit they come up with. I guess dumbasses draw dumbass responses :confusedshrug:

Yet you still respond to all these threads.

Milbuck
03-05-2014, 02:17 PM
Yet you still respond to all these threads.
:applause: Good on you for not denying that you and your friends spew the dumbest crap on this site.

SilkkTheShocker
03-05-2014, 02:27 PM
:applause: Good on you for not denying that you and your friends spew the dumbest crap on this site.

You b.itch non-stop on here, yet you are still responding to the threads to complain about. Who are you to call out other posters?

Milbuck
03-05-2014, 02:32 PM
You b.itch non-stop on here, yet you are still responding to the threads to complain about. Who are you to call out other posters?
Who the **** is anyone on here? :oldlol:
It's a basketball forum. When I see a good thread/post, I talk basketball. When I see blatant dumbass trolls, I call them out. That's really it :confusedshrug:

RoundMoundOfReb
03-05-2014, 02:34 PM
lol Milbuck = self-righteous f@ggot

Milbuck
03-05-2014, 02:36 PM
lol Milbuck = self-righteous f@ggot
Agreed on every word.

zoom17
03-05-2014, 02:36 PM
Melo doesn't get half the calls durant gets dude gets disrespected by the refs:oldlol:

SilkkTheShocker
03-05-2014, 02:38 PM
Who the **** is anyone on here? :oldlol:
It's a basketball forum. When I see a good thread/post, I talk basketball. When I see blatant dumbass trolls, I call them out. That's really it :confusedshrug:

I struck another nerve :oldlol:

Milbuck
03-05-2014, 02:40 PM
:applause: Well done. Until next time.

moe94
03-05-2014, 05:33 PM
You might be literally retarded if you think Melo is anywhere near Durant. I mean, there is seriously no argument. :roll:

Jameerthefear
03-05-2014, 05:47 PM
i fvcked milbuck's mom

Milbuck
03-05-2014, 05:51 PM
i fvcked milbuck's mom
She's happily married. And even if she would cheat, it wouldn't be with some hentai watching 8 year old little shit who fantasizes about eating popcorn off of girls' faces :oldlol:

Solefade
03-05-2014, 05:55 PM
Melo doesn't get half the calls durant gets dude gets disrespected by the refs:oldlol:

kd is a player that's easy for refs to officiate cus he's a weak ass b1tch

the type of msg KD is sending to the league and future NBA players: being a skinny flailer >>> being buff and strong

PsychoBe
03-05-2014, 05:56 PM
he really is and it's not something to be shameful to admit. although when melo first entered the league we all thought it'd be him vs bran for years and years to come....

unfortunately it just didn't work out that way.

BuffaloBill
03-05-2014, 06:08 PM

can't titles

KyrieTheFuture
03-05-2014, 06:16 PM
i fvcked milbuck's mom
Bucks mom isn't a cartoon or a 12 year old girl so we know you aren't into that.

BigMacAttack
03-05-2014, 06:24 PM
Durants shits all over Melo.

NumberSix
03-05-2014, 06:42 PM
She's happily married. And even if she would cheat, it wouldn't be with some hentai watching 8 year old little shit who fantasizes about eating popcorn off of girls' faces :oldlol:
:wtf:

Marlo_Stanfield
03-05-2014, 06:45 PM
:wtf:
thats actually a good fetish doe.
Popcorn is nice, a pretty girls face is nice... solid combination:roll: :roll: :roll:

DMAVS41
03-05-2014, 06:49 PM
It's not even close.

Melo's playoff play has been really bad for a supposed superstar

Melo is a 51% TS player in the playoffs for his career.
Durant is a 59% TS player in the playoffs for his career.

Considering Durant has the edge in intangibles like leadership and being a better teammate...and plays better defense.

Really no argument for Melo...

Trentknicks
03-05-2014, 07:00 PM
RIP Jameer :roll:

Blue&Orange
03-05-2014, 07:03 PM
Yes we know you stroke a lot c.um nerves

Nikola_
03-05-2014, 07:03 PM
H2H (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=duranke01&p2=anthoca01) record.:cheers:

Trentknicks
03-05-2014, 07:05 PM
It's not even close.

Melo's playoff play has been really bad for a supposed superstar

Melo is a 51% TS player in the playoffs for his career.
Durant is a 59% TS player in the playoffs for his career.

Considering Durant has the edge in intangibles like leadership and being a better teammate...and plays better defense.

Really no argument for Melo...
Your completely off with all your stats buddy, where do you get the from, Dirk's mom? Melo's clearly the better player, especially in 2011 where he lost to the Celtics, because contrary to popular belief, the Celtics were better than the Heat that year. They were just unlucky, Age > Talent.
Can't even wait to see the rustled jimmies this shall cause.

TheReal Kendall
03-05-2014, 07:12 PM
H2H (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=duranke01&p2=anthoca01) record.:cheers:

:lebronamazed:

Trentknicks
03-05-2014, 07:16 PM
In before "But Melo played games against young Durant". Durant's had the better team for 3-4 seasons now.

moe94
03-05-2014, 07:17 PM
Your completely off with all your stats buddy, where do you get the from, Dirk's mom? Melo's clearly the better player, especially in 2011 where he lost to the Celtics, because contrary to popular belief, the Celtics were better than the Heat that year. They were just unlucky, Age > Talent.
Can't even wait to see the rustled jimmies this shall cause.

Are you serious or not? Saw the text but that could mean anything.

Trentknicks
03-05-2014, 07:18 PM
Are you serious or not? Saw the text but that could mean anything.

smoovegittar
03-05-2014, 07:19 PM
STILL on Melo's tit? :oldlol: :oldlol:

Pacer24
03-05-2014, 07:20 PM
You have to give it to Durrant right now. Melo has been unlucky to be on bad teams. If he could have teamed up with Wade and Bosh, He probably would have won championships too. Melo can be a champion if he moves to a team where he has some help.

selrahc
03-05-2014, 07:22 PM
Durant is so much better than Carmelo its like comparing Jordan to a piece of poop.

Durant is a far better teammate and plays way better defense. A lot of Durants points come from playing within the system while Carmelo always does isos and forces up too many shots. Carmelo puts in no effort in to winning only to score his own points.

moe94
03-05-2014, 07:32 PM

Is Melo as good as Durant?

Spokelahoma
03-05-2014, 07:36 PM
Again with this 51%. I know what he's shooting for the season. Why are you bringing that up. All I said was he had frequent high scoring games on poor efficiency. There's no opinion involved. He had multiple games shooting under 39%. It's a fact. Don't like it? Oh well.

I've seen you say this multiple times now. Durant has shot under 39% only 3 times since the start of Janurary (30 games). He shot 38.1% against Houston, 38.1% against Washington, and just shot 33.3% the other night against Charlotte. And for what it's worth, he's only shot under 44% a grand total of 5 times in that same time span...but yeah, he's frequently had games where he hasn't been efficient...

BlackVVaves
03-05-2014, 08:18 PM

By who???? You?? :oldlol:

KD is a better scorer, passer, and defender than Melo is. Last year, at 24, KD was a better player than Melo has ever been. To my knowledge, only Bird has had a 50/40/90 season on +25 PPG.

How is this even debatable? Put this year's version of KD on the 2009 Nuggets and they win the title, obliterating the Lakers in the WCF. Ariza isn't stopping KD from dropping +30 every game, and KD is twice the facilitator Melo is.

You guys are hilarious.

mr.big35
03-05-2014, 08:21 PM
its not even close. Durant is superior to melo in every facet of the game.

NumberSix
03-05-2014, 08:22 PM
Yes we know you stroke a lot c.um nerves
Lol. What? :yaohappy:

NumberSix
03-05-2014, 08:23 PM
its not even close. Durant is superior to melo in every facet of the game.
Melo is better at having a pair of balls.

moe94
03-05-2014, 08:24 PM
You guys are hilarious.

Why are they so deluded? I thought this comparison was put to rest years ago? Years. Why are they acting like Durant isn't an entire tier above him? :biggums:

BuffaloBill
03-05-2014, 08:36 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bh7RsU8CEAAy6kP.png

BlackVVaves
03-05-2014, 08:40 PM
Why are they so deluded? I thought this comparison was put to rest years ago? Years. Why are they acting like Durant isn't an entire tier above him? :biggums:

Insecure LeBron stans who self-pleasure themselves by diving into a message board to provide antagonizing quips rather than stimulating conversation.

Even Knicks fans around here (for the most part) don't skip to that "Melo > KD" melody....though the delusional Knicks fans from realgm certainly still cling to that fallacy passionately like the idiots they are.

Aside from rebounding - which Melo only thrives at statistically because A) he plays the 4 most nights B) many of his rebounds are consumed from his own missed shots under the rim - Melo is inferior to KD. Scoring, facilitating, defending, locker room leadership. KD has been in the league for nearly half the time, yet has accomplished twice as much as Melo has.

Funny stuff indeed.

KG215
03-05-2014, 09:28 PM
kd is a player that's easy for refs to officiate cus he's a weak ass b1tch

the type of msg KD is sending to the league and future NBA players: being a skinny flailer >>> being buff and strong
Do LeBron stans not even think before they post? I mean you could at least come up with something that is semi-intelligent and doesn't come off as completely and totally stupid.

KG215
03-05-2014, 09:31 PM
By who???? You?? :oldlol:

That's his thing. Come up with some unbelievably retarded opinion, post it over and over and over, and then start acting like it's a popular opinion.

JohnFreeman
03-05-2014, 09:38 PM
I would still take Melo

KG215
03-05-2014, 09:40 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bh7RsU8CEAAy6kP.png
Durant: 31.7 PPG, 51/40/87 shooting slash line and 64% TS

Carmelo: 28.0 PPG, 45/42/84 shooting slash line and 56% TS

Do people still actually believe the "Carmelo is a better pure scorer" nonsense?

215Philly
03-05-2014, 09:41 PM
I wish Melo got as many calls as Durant or Harden. Guy gets no ref love

MichaelCorleone
03-05-2014, 09:42 PM
No he's not.

Carmelo is a better scorer and defender.

JohnFreeman
03-05-2014, 09:43 PM
I wish Melo got as many calls as Durant or Harden. Guy gets no ref love
This is very true, Melo gets fouled a lot

BigMacAttack
03-05-2014, 09:43 PM
I would still take Melo

Why? there are no basketball reason to pick Melo over KD.

JohnFreeman
03-05-2014, 09:45 PM
Why? there are no basketball reason to pick Melo over KD.
Give Melo that OKC squad and the fouls Durant gets, see what would happen.

215Philly
03-05-2014, 09:48 PM
This is very true, Melo gets fouled a lot
I really don't understand why he gets no calls. He has been 1 of the leagues biggest stars since coming into the NBA. Does he have to start ref-baiting,flopping, or doing ripthru :hammerhead:

JohnFreeman
03-05-2014, 09:51 PM
I really don't understand why he gets no calls. He has been 1 of the leagues biggest stars since coming into the NBA. Does he have to start ref-baiting,flopping, or doing ripthru :hammerhead:
I don't understand it either, he gets bullied around the rim

BigMacAttack
03-05-2014, 09:54 PM
Give Melo that OKC squad and the fouls Durant gets, see what would happen.

What? They would be worse.

At a younger age, KD is a better shooter, defender, leader and playmaker and has been to the finals. Give me a real reason.

Obvious you just dont like KD.

KG215
03-05-2014, 09:56 PM
Obvious you just dont like KD.
Bingo. One of the purposes of his account is to hate on Durant.

JohnFreeman
03-05-2014, 09:57 PM
Bingo. One of the purposes of his account is to hate on Durant.
How am I hating? I said I would take Melo over Durant..You OKC fans are a sensitive bunch

KG215
03-05-2014, 10:02 PM
How am I hating? I said I would take Melo over Durant..You OKC fans are a sensitive bunch
I'm not basing it on that post. I'm basing it on the several hundred other posts you've wasted in OKC game threads hating on Durant and OKC.

Heavincent
03-05-2014, 10:04 PM

TiagoSimoes
03-05-2014, 10:05 PM

u keep posting on okc threads or durant threads talking shit. Fact.

what would u think of me if i said i would choose paul george over lebron? that im dumb or biased or trolling. its the same for carmelo/kd talk, only trolls, absurdly biased or dumb ppl would choose carmelo

BigMacAttack
03-05-2014, 10:15 PM

You can take Melo but who do you think is the better player?

MichaelCorleone
03-05-2014, 10:16 PM
I agree with JohnFreeman.

Fudge
03-05-2014, 10:19 PM
:roll:

LeBron stans love entering warzones, eh?

#RIPFreeman

BigMacAttack
03-05-2014, 10:19 PM
I agree with JohnFreeman.

Ooooh how you gonna do Freeman like that, thats cold brah.

MichaelCorleone
03-05-2014, 10:20 PM
:roll:

LeBron stans love entering warzones, eh?

#RIPFreeman
JohnFreeman ethered all you OKC country bumps.

Fudge
03-05-2014, 10:21 PM
JohnFreeman ethered all you OKC country bumps.
:oldlol:

You were dealt with a LONG time ago, RG, trust. Your time is up. Move along.

JohnFreeman
03-05-2014, 10:22 PM
You can take Melo but who do you think is the better player?
Well numbers indicate that Durant is the better player, however I feel like the superstar treatment is different. Melo would be great on that OKC team, excellent defense and top point guard. Durant is the better player though, I would take Melo though. Corleone stop agreeing with me, making me look bad.

MichaelCorleone
03-05-2014, 10:22 PM

You were dealt with a LONG time ago, RG, trust. Your time is up. Move along.
When was I "dealt with"? Please show me. Please.

moe94
03-05-2014, 10:23 PM
I bet you same lot think Westbrook is better than Paul. lol

MichaelCorleone
03-05-2014, 10:25 PM
I bet you same lot think Westbrook is better than Paul. lol
I think Westbrook is better than Paul tbh. Better record and stats and intangibles.

Fudge
03-05-2014, 10:29 PM
Corleone stop agreeing with me, making me look bad.
Well, damn. :lol

BigMacAttack
03-05-2014, 10:33 PM
I think Westbrook is better than Paul tbh. Better record and stats and intangibles.

Nah son, thats just your LBJ agenda talking.

moe94
03-05-2014, 10:33 PM

What intangibles does Westbrook bring? :roll:

What stats?

Paul: 19/4.5/11/2.4stls on 46%, 57 TS%
Westbrook: 21/6/7/1.8stls on 43%, 54 TS%

How are his stats better? :biggums:

JohnFreeman
03-05-2014, 10:34 PM
Paul > Westbrook

MichaelCorleone
03-05-2014, 10:35 PM

What stats?

Westbrook: 21/4.6/7/1.8stls on 43%, 54 TS%

Westbrook is a far better leader and teammate then Paul. Westbrook gets along with Durant and other teammates well and has good chemistry while on the other hand you hear of Paul having issues with DeAndre and Blake.

I'll take 21ppg over 19ppg tbh.

Jameerthefear
03-05-2014, 10:36 PM
Coreleone lmao. Stop being dumb

BigMacAttack
03-05-2014, 10:38 PM
This guy said Howards peak was as good as Shaqs, dude is a crazy troll.

JohnFreeman
03-05-2014, 10:40 PM
http://cdn.arwrath.com/6/64013.gif

MichaelCorleone
03-05-2014, 10:40 PM
We've yet to see Dwight Howard's peak.

I was PREDICTING his peak will be as good as Shaq's, nothing wrong with that.

NastyCrossover1
03-05-2014, 10:41 PM
I like Melo.

JohnFreeman
03-05-2014, 10:42 PM
My favourite celebration

http://24.media.tumblr.com/f9ce3493812f850f6e69fb9aa21ae210/tumblr_mf3jjt1oqT1rdqggno1_500.gif

BigMacAttack
03-05-2014, 10:45 PM

Since when do you make predictions in the past tense?

"Peak for Peak Howard WAS every bit as good as Shaqs".

chazzy
03-05-2014, 10:46 PM
I'll take 21ppg over 19ppg tbh.
What about 32 over 27?

Fudge
03-05-2014, 10:47 PM
What about 32 over 27?

/MichaelCorleone

MichaelCorleone
03-05-2014, 10:48 PM
Since when do you make predictions in the past tense?

"Peak for Peak Howard WAS every bit as good as Shaqs".
Where did you dig up that quote. It was quite long ago.:eek:

JohnFreeman
03-05-2014, 10:48 PM

10-11 was his peak year, can't see him getting better to be honest.

pauk
03-05-2014, 10:51 PM
Melo drops 62= Selfish

Lebron drops 61= MVP

oh come on.... you would be having a point there only if the MVP criteria didnt care about how well a players game translates to actual team success (wins, team record).

KG215
03-05-2014, 10:59 PM
What about 32 over 27?
Don't forget the considerable edge in efficiency for the 32 PPG player.

moe94
03-05-2014, 11:19 PM

Are we talking Melo or LeBron? :oldlol:

JohnFreeman
03-05-2014, 11:20 PM
LeBron's efficiency is insane

MellowYellow
03-05-2014, 11:24 PM

Not by much, Durant has a better fg% Melo is better from 3.

moe94
03-05-2014, 11:25 PM
Melo is doing 28. LeBron is doing 27. Who are they talking about?

BlackVVaves
03-05-2014, 11:27 PM
No he's not.

Carmelo is a better scorer and defender.

If Melo is a better scorer and defender than KD, then, by that logic, Paul George is a better scorer and passer than LeBron.

Sounds idiotic and factually unfounded? Good. That's what the rest of us rational minds say anytime we read your, or your numerous alternative accounts like Freeman, posts.

I see another ban coming your way in the foreseeable future.

JohnFreeman
03-05-2014, 11:31 PM
If Melo is a better scorer and defender than KD, then, by that logic, Paul George is a better scorer and passer than LeBron.

Sounds idiotic and factually unfounded? Good. That's what the rest of us rational minds say anytime we read your, or your numerous alternative accounts like Freeman, posts.

I see another ban coming your way in the foreseeable future.
How am I his alt? :oldlol: I disagree with pretty much everything he says

KG215
03-06-2014, 12:24 AM
My bad. Didn't realize it was Michael Corleone he was quoting. Of course he meant LeBron.

KG215
03-06-2014, 12:27 AM
Not by much, Durant has a better fg% Melo is better from 3.
Durant: 64% TS%, 56% eFG%

Carmelo: 56% TS%, 51% eFG%

That's a pretty big edge for Durant and he's getting 4 more PPG on that considerable edge in efficiency.

moe94
03-06-2014, 12:31 AM
In other words, zero argument on a statistical level. I guess Melo has a game more suited to the holy eye test?

JohnFreeman
03-06-2014, 12:33 AM
In other words, zero argument on a statistical level. I guess Melo has a game more suited to the holy eye test?
I would still take Melo, but Durant is better statistically. I just like Melo's game :confusedshrug:

J Shuttlesworth
03-06-2014, 12:53 AM
I would say scoring is the only facet of the game where Carmelo is greater than or equal to KD... hell even then, KD might even be more potent of a scorer, especially these last two years.

J Shuttlesworth
03-06-2014, 12:56 AM
I would still take Melo, but Durant is better statistically. I just like Melo's game :confusedshrug:
:wtf: :biggums: I like Ray Allen's game. Does that mean I should take him over Durant?

NumberSix
03-06-2014, 12:59 AM

That's a pretty big edge for Durant and he's getting 4 more PPG on that considerable edge in efficiency.
Not as big as the gap between LeBron and Durant.

LeBron's eFG% is 62.4%

J Shuttlesworth
03-06-2014, 01:01 AM
How exactly does eFG work? Factors in the value of 3 pointers?

BlackVVaves
03-06-2014, 01:05 AM
Not as big as the gap between LeBron and Durant.

LeBron's eFG% is 62.4%

Is anyone trying to argue that KD is better than LeBron here, or that KD is superior to Melo?

Also; one can be having a better season than another player in one particular year, without necessitating that that individual is a better player than him. See Dwight (the true MVP) and LeBron in 2011.

MellowYellow
03-06-2014, 01:05 AM

A lot of this stems from getting 3 more ft's a game and having a better team which allows him to get easier shots due to less defensive pressure. I truly believe they are closer than the numbers say in terms of scoring.

dannysc305
03-06-2014, 01:07 AM
Melo drops 62= Selfish

Lebron drops 61= MVP

LeBron= 61 & 5

Melo= 63 & 0

Stay stupid, my friend.

BlackVVaves
03-06-2014, 01:14 AM
A lot of this stems from getting 3 more ft's a game and having a better team which allows him to get easier shots due to less defensive pressure. I truly believe they are closer than the numbers say in terms of scoring.

KD was doing his damage in the tougher conference BY FAR, without Westbrook.

Again, let me reiterate. Put 2012, 2013, or 2014 KD on the Nuggets from 2009 to 2011 and they get to the Finals at least twice, and walk away with a championship at minimum.

MellowYellow
03-06-2014, 01:18 AM

Again, let me reiterate. Put 2012, 2013, or 2014 KD on the Nuggets from 2009 to 2011 and they get to the Finals at least twice, and walk away with a championship at minimum.

you are so wrong, Ibaka and Westbrook> billups and kmart. And he didn't get it done with that. Not to mention in terms of defense, it is a lot harder score vs east teams as opposed west teams.

NumberSix
03-06-2014, 01:18 AM

Meh. Erase 2 or 3 of Melos misses per game with bailout calls and gift him 6 or 7 bogus free throws, he'll have a significant efficiency increase too.

JohnFreeman
03-06-2014, 01:21 AM
:wtf: :biggums: I like Ray Allen's game. Does that mean I should take him over Durant?
Melo and Durant have very similar games at the same position...

PsychoBe
03-06-2014, 01:24 AM
yes, durant is really better than carmelo anthony.

NumberSix
03-06-2014, 01:30 AM
yes, durant is really better than carmelo anthony.
But, is he better, right now? :confusedshrug:

BlackVVaves
03-06-2014, 01:31 AM
you are so wrong, Ibaka and Westbrook> billups and kmart. And he didn't get it done with that.

I'm not disputing those four players value or production, I'm disputing Melo's in comparison to KD.

Do you remember the 2009 Nuggets? That team's depth and performance level throughout the season? Do you remember the 2009 WCF? Melo having ONE exceptional game, and the rest of those 6 games being grossly mediocre, at BEST? Do you recall Melo for 3 of those 6 games having FG%s in the 30s? And having 3-4 assists nights virtually every game?

KD would have taken that team to the Finals. And the Magic would have been shit out of luck. Melo has been in the league 10, 11 years, and has been out the first round TWICE.

Let's be real here.

BlackVVaves
03-06-2014, 01:33 AM
Meh. Erase 2 or 3 of Melos misses per game with bailout calls and gift him 6 or 7 bogus free throws, he'll have a significant efficiency increase too.

What do you think about Wade's heralded 2006 playoff performance then, since you think KD's effectiveness is solely reliant on "bogus calls"?

KG215
03-06-2014, 01:35 AM
Maybe so, but we just saw Durant play 26 games without Westbrook which meant he was playing with a limited offensive supporting cast. Never mind starting every game with two severe offensive liabilities in Perkins and Thabo, there wasn't really another player who could create their own shot and score at a consistently high volume. I mean, yeah Serge was great, but a lot of that had to do with the evolution of Ibaka's and Durant's two man game which I'm guessing rapidly improved throughout those 26 games due to Durant making a concerted effort in practice and on off days to work with Ibaka. And in those 26 games Durant averaged 34.1 PPG on 52/40/87 shooting and 66% TS.

I'll agree that Durant still had a very solid/good supporting cast but it was mostly due to their defense. There was still some noticeable offensive limitations up-and-down the roster without Westbrook.

NumberSix
03-06-2014, 01:40 AM
What do you think about Wade's heralded 2006 playoff performance then, since you think KD's effectiveness is solely reliant on "bogus calls"?
I never said that. He's obviously one of the best. I just think he's 95% KD, 5% bailouts. I'm not saying its HUGE, but it there and its enough that it is worth mentioning.

houston
03-06-2014, 01:45 AM
durant is wayyy better. This like comparing Dr.j to Alex English:roll:

BlackVVaves
03-06-2014, 01:46 AM
I never said that. He's obviously one of the best. I just think he's 95% KD, 5% bailouts. I'm not saying its HUGE, but it there and its enough that it is worth mentioning.

So what's your breakdown of the % of Wade's FMVP performance then?

I just find it odd that you tend to harp on KD's propensity for getting to the line in "bogus" fashion, yet never have I once read you criticize Wade for his inexplicable bailouts during the 2006 playoffs and Finals. Rather, I've seen you say that it's one of the best performances of all time.

Very odd. If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were being purposefully hypocritical to subtly express your distaste for the player who may receive the MVP instead of your beloved star in Miami.

Nah. Couldn't be that.

NumberSix
03-06-2014, 01:47 AM
So what's your breakdown of the % of Wade's FMVP performance then?

I just find it odd that you tend to harp on KD's propensity for getting to the line in "bogus" fashion, yet never have I once read you criticize Wade for his inexplicable bailouts during the 2006 playoffs and Finals. Rather, I've seen you say that it's one of the best performances of all time.

Very odd.
I'm biased. :hammerhead:

MellowYellow
03-06-2014, 01:47 AM
I'm not disputing those four players value or production, I'm disputing Melo's in comparison to KD.

Do you remember the 2009 Nuggets? That team's depth and performance level throughout the season? Do you remember the 2009 WCF? Melo having ONE exceptional game, and the rest of those 6 games being grossly mediocre, at BEST? Do you recall Melo for 3 of those 6 games having FG%s in the 30s? And having 3-4 assists nights virtually every game?

KD would have taken that team to the Finals. And the Magic would have been shit out of luck. Melo has been in the league 10, 11 years, and has been out the first round TWICE.

Let's be real here.

I do recall Melo getting the flu half way through that series and playing horribly because of it.

BlackVVaves
03-06-2014, 01:48 AM
I'm biased. :hammerhead:

Least you admit it. Doesn't that negate the premise of your criticisms for Durant then?

Trentknicks
03-06-2014, 01:52 AM
Least you admit it. Doesn't that negate the premise of your criticisms for Durant then?
The amount of time you spend ripping on Knick players :bowdown:

NumberSix
03-06-2014, 01:52 AM
No.

BlackVVaves
03-06-2014, 01:53 AM
I do recall Melo getting the flu half way through that series and playing horribly because of it.

Shall I pull up some of Melo's other playoff series then? How about last year versus a Rondo-less Boston? 2010 against Utah?

Fudge
03-06-2014, 01:53 AM
Durant > LeBron > Wade > Melo

BlackVVaves
03-06-2014, 01:59 AM
The amount of time you spend ripping on Knick players :bowdown:

Lol, I've been in this town for 10+ years. I'm forced to listen to friends boast every season on how formidable the Knicks will be every year, then hear them whine and plaster excuses across the wall when they inevitably crumble into oblivion.

Their ripping is well deserved. Poorly run organization, comprised of consistently mediocre performers.

Melo's actually having one of his better years, and has been Top 5, 6 in the NBA this year in my opinion. He's just not a better player than KD, and hasn't been for a few seasons now. I see continued development in KD's game, which is the mark of a player striving for true greatness. Melo has remained the same player for how many seasons now?

BlackVVaves
03-06-2014, 02:00 AM
No.
:rolleyes:

Trentknicks
03-06-2014, 02:07 AM
Lol, I've been in this town for 10+ years. I'm forced to listen to friends boast every season on how formidable the Knicks will be every year, then hear them whine and plaster excuses across the wall when they inevitably crumble into oblivion.

Their ripping is well deserved. Poorly run organization, comprised of consistently mediocre performers.

Melo's actually having one of his better years, and has been Top 5, 6 in the NBA this year in my opinion. He's just not a better player than KD, and hasn't been for a few seasons now. I see continued development in KD's game, which is the mark of a player striving for true greatness. Melo has remained the same player for how many seasons now?
If that's how you want to spend your life, go ahead.

chazzy
03-06-2014, 02:17 AM
:rolleyes:
lol don't waste your time

MellowYellow
03-06-2014, 02:27 AM
Shall I pull up some of Melo's other playoff series then? How about last year versus a Rondo-less Boston? 2010 against Utah?
He played awesome in the Utah series, The Boston series he was playing through a torn labrum and most of his team playing like trash. Still came through when they needed it. And Let's not act like Durant is perfect, he was pretty trash against Memphis last season and he has had his share of bad playoff performances.

k0kakw0rld
03-06-2014, 02:47 AM
Melo drops 62= Selfish

Lebron drops 61= MVP

5 assist > 0 assist :cheers:

IMObjective
03-06-2014, 05:52 AM
Ah, I remember when Bron stans would rag on Carmelo hardcore, all the time. Now he's better than Durant. I will say melo gets underrated big time on ish, strangely enough it used to be mostly by lebron stans.

Off topic, who's the bigger weirdo in real life, Jameer or michaelcorleone?

Joyner82reload
03-06-2014, 07:07 AM

What stats?

Westbrook: 21/6/7/1.8stls on 43%, 54 TS%

So let's see. Westbrook averages 2 more ppg, 1.1 more RPGs, and 4 less apg on 3% lower TS while having a better record so he>CP3

HEY DIPSHIT, Durants averaging 3.7 more ppg, .9 more rpg, and .8 less apg on 2% lower TS% while having the best record in the NBA. Durant>Lebron according to your logic for CP3

JohnFreeman
03-06-2014, 07:12 AM
Just when the forum starts becoming bearable again, Joyner returns :facepalm

moe94
03-06-2014, 07:13 AM
Durant is having a better season. What did you think you were proving? That averaging 4 less assists with more turnovers is a good thing for a PG? Cool rebounds and points on worse efficiency, though.

ghost like Swayze, eh?

IMObjective
03-06-2014, 08:35 AM
Just when the forum starts becoming bearable again, Joyner returns :facepalm
Doesn't joyner have an avy bet to follow through on?

mr.big35
03-06-2014, 08:41 AM
let me know when melo takes a team to the finals

lilgodfather1
03-06-2014, 09:01 AM
let me know when melo takes a team to the finals
Maybe he should focus on the playoffs first... bazinga.

Prometheus
03-06-2014, 10:12 AM
Ah, I remember when Bron stans would rag on Carmelo hardcore, all the time. Now he's better than Durant. I will say melo gets underrated big time on ish, strangely enough it used to be mostly by lebron stans.

Off topic, who's the bigger weirdo in real life, Jameer or michaelcorleone?

They both probably get it in more than you do.

IMObjective
03-06-2014, 10:30 AM
They both probably get it in more than you do.
Are we counting different women, cuz I'm married so i can't claim a lot of action lately. How many women have you slept with? Err, men?

Prometheus
03-06-2014, 11:03 AM
Are we counting different women, cuz I'm married so i can't claim a lot of action lately. How many women have you slept with? Err, men?

You're a married man and this is how you conduct yourself? Making fun of Jameer, a fifteen year old high school kid, calling people weirdos, and asking me if I sleep with men?

IMObjective
03-06-2014, 11:12 AM
You're a married man and this is how you conduct yourself? Making fun of Jameer, a fifteen year old high school kid, calling people weirdos, and asking me if I sleep with men?
You're the one who brought that subject up, I only mentioned the men in an edit in case that's what you were into :confusedshrug: wasn't expecting anyone to take that post seriously. You're just butthurt about the LeBron talk?

NumberSix
03-06-2014, 11:14 AM
If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were being purposefully hypocritical to subtly express your distaste for the player who may receive the MVP instead of your beloved star in Miami.

Nah. Couldn't be that.
Yes, you caught me. As everybody knows, I was a huge Durant fan last year. I JUST started hating him this season. It's not like I've been saying this about his free throws for years. :rolleyes:

TiagoSimoes
03-06-2014, 11:33 AM
Yes, you caught me. As everybody knows, I was a huge Durant fan last year. I JUST started hating him this season. It's not like I've been saying this about his free throws for years. :rolleyes:

why would u even hate a person u dont even know? :facepalm :facepalm

NumberSix
03-06-2014, 11:37 AM
why would u even hate a person u dont even know? :facepalm :facepalm
I'm assuming english isn't your first language. Don't take things so extremely literal.