PDA

View Full Version : Lakers might not rebuild this offseason. WTF?

Upgrayedd
03-06-2014, 01:12 AM
I was just reading on yahoo sports that the Lakers might not go all out and rebuild this offseason. Why?

The Lakers have to build a championship team again while Kobe is still playing well.

MichaelCorleone
03-06-2014, 01:12 AM
You cannot build around Kobe. Might as well give up.

Clyde
03-06-2014, 01:14 AM
that article is some sports writers opinion, i doubt it has any validity to it.

I doubt it has Mitch quoted saying he plans on sitting on his ass all next year.

MVBallin2K
03-06-2014, 02:05 AM
I was just reading on yahoo sports that the Lakers might not go all out and rebuild this offseason. Why?

The Lakers have to build a championship team again while Kobe is still playing well.

I'm a Kobe fan but how is Kobe still playing well? He did okay just before he went down again but he wasn't Kobe. That's not to say he still can't be once he works off the rust and injury but building around Kobe right now isn't the right move.

First you have to see how Kobe is and what he can still do. Then you work from there. Either way, there's no real major free agents that are going to be game changers. Lakers don't want to commit to Melo and the only one who from what I read will put their plans on hold is Lebron and it's not like it's highly likely to happen.

cos88
03-06-2014, 02:45 AM
op lives in the past, his adress is Memory Lane Nr 23.

this isn't 2006, 2009 or 2010 anymore, kobe is old and they can't win anything even with embiid or parker, kobe and melo or love.

your second stupid thread this night after noah mvp thread. i'm getting tired of your shit op, will report next time.

Yankstar
03-06-2014, 02:46 AM
You cannot build around Kobe. Might as well give up.

5>2. Also Cleveland couldn't build around Lebron for 10 years :biggums:

KyleKong
03-06-2014, 02:51 AM

What does this thread have to do with LeBron?

MichaelCorleone
03-06-2014, 02:52 AM
5 huh...

http://i.imgur.com/5ZfbTFf.jpg

oarabbus
03-06-2014, 02:53 AM

You are the absolute worst kind of poster. Bringing up LeBron in a topic that has only to do with the Lakers and their next season.

:coleman:

talkingconch
03-06-2014, 02:55 AM
5 huh...

http://i.imgur.com/5ZfbTFf.jpg
this makes lebron look even worse lmao

RoundMoundOfReb
03-06-2014, 02:55 AM
What's so shocking about that? I think it's better they don't overpay for some good but not great player like Deng or something.

kennethgriffin
03-06-2014, 02:56 AM
i said this would happen and that kobe will demand a trade next season before the allstar break ( depending on if he is able to play well obviously )

if he can even get back to just 80% of what he was in 2012-13.. then he'l get interest from new york or brooklyn.

MichaelCorleone
03-06-2014, 02:57 AM
this makes lebron look even worse lmao
Who are you?

You're too unknown for me to even rebut. Plesae go get your seniors ripthekik coin24 kennethgriffin or 9erempiree to talk to me.

Upgrayedd
03-06-2014, 03:57 AM
I'm just saying why re-sign Kobe if you're not going to try and go all out right now and rebuild around him one more time before he really isn't even capable anymore of helping win a championship?

Last season he looked awesome before the injury. This season he was looking pretty decent before this latest injury.

I doubt that if Kobe comes back next season and is playing at a high level he'll want to play for anything less than a legit contender. He wants to win 6 rings at least.

And really as an NBA fan I don't want to see Kobe retire playing for a crappy Lakers team. I want to see both the Lakers and the Mavericks good again and give Dirk and Kobe another shot at winning while they're still playing this well.

MMM
03-06-2014, 04:04 AM

that says more about the Cavs than LeBron. To be frank they weren't patient enough in his early seasons, seemed like they were going all out to build a contender from his 2nd/3rd season when it wasn't really realistic and it hurt their flexibility down the road.

MMM
03-06-2014, 04:12 AM
i said this would happen and that kobe will demand a trade next season before the allstar break ( depending on if he is able to play well obviously )

if he can even get back to just 80% of what he was in 2012-13.. then he'l get interest from new york or brooklyn.

What can those teams even offer to match Kobe's salary without blowing up their rosters. Additionally I have doubts those teams would be contenders even with prime Kobe. The only way Kobe is not a Laker is retirement or if they buy out his contract.

The Lakers are basically building from scratch other than having Kobe and Nash on the roster. Seems like that might take more than one off season to turn it around. Other than the Celtics and Heat I can't remember many bad/mediocre teams turning it around in one off season, and the Lakers currently don't have the opportunities or circumstances that lead to those turn arounds.

kennethgriffin
03-06-2014, 04:25 AM
What can those teams even offer to match Kobe's salary without blowing up their rosters. Additionally I have doubts those teams would be contenders even with prime Kobe. The only way Kobe is not a Laker is retirement or if they buy out his contract.

The Lakers are basically building from scratch other than having Kobe and Nash on the roster. Seems like that might take more than one off season to turn it around. Other than the Celtics and Heat I can't remember many bad/mediocre teams turning it around in one off season, and the Lakers currently don't have the opportunities or circumstances that lead to those turn arounds.

amare straight up

joe johnson straight up

both teams are at around 100 mill.. would be easy to swing a trade and not even mess up the teams balance

Yankstar
03-06-2014, 04:59 AM
amare straight up

joe johnson straight up

both teams are at around 100 mill.. would be easy to swing a trade and not even mess up the teams balance

Also Nash will retire, bank on it baby :cheers:

MMM
03-06-2014, 05:08 AM
amare straight up

joe johnson straight up

Those teams still wouldn't be contenders doe
no point in Kobe demanding out and hurting his legacy if it isn't for a top 3-5 team.

Yankstar
03-06-2014, 05:11 AM
Those teams still wouldn't be contenders doe
no point in Kobe demanding out and hurting his legacy if it isn't for a top 3-5 team.

Kobe + KG on the same team :bowdown:

hahaitme
03-06-2014, 05:25 AM
Robert Horry should come out of retirement and bail this pathetic lakers team out of it's sorry excuse for a season

Marlo_Stanfield
03-06-2014, 05:46 AM

no winning franchise will trade for Kobes old ass on his current contract I am sorry:roll: :roll:

Rubio2Gasol
03-06-2014, 06:00 AM
Kevin Love is the only can't go wrong sure thing they got.

Sharmer
03-06-2014, 06:34 AM
Kobe should retire and not embarrass himself. He's only going to hold the Lakers back now.

Akrazotile
03-06-2014, 10:19 AM
#TeamKoKo

gts
03-06-2014, 10:53 AM

Lakers aren't going to spend money just to spend money

They'll make a run at a couple free agents they may have their eyes on but if that doesn't pan out they'll sit back and wait.

The CBA is so restrictive now that teams have to be patient and avoid putting themselves in a place where they are stuck financially from making improvements.

Real Men Wear Green
03-06-2014, 10:57 AM
Lakers aren't going to spend money just to spend money

They'll make a run at a couple free agents they may have their eyes on but if that doesn't pan out they'll sit back and wait.

The CBA is so restrictive now that teams have to be patient and avoid putting themselves in a place where they are stuck financially from making improvements.
All true but with what Bryant's being paid and the short amount of time left in his career can they afford to wait? Why give Bryant that contract if you aren't going all out?

gts
03-06-2014, 11:56 AM
All true but with what Bryant's being paid and the short amount of time left in his career can they afford to wait? Why give Bryant that contract if you aren't going all out?

two reasons, one Bryant puts butts in the seats

secondly, you have to go forward with a plan, that plan has to start somewhere and it wisely started with Kobe. if it works great but they have to remain fluid and open to things not unfolding the way they hope it does.

as for his last two years, Kobe's a big boy so are the Lakers... they both know the big picture, they both know there's no guarantees. they sat down and talked, Lakers shared with Kobe their plans, Kobe shared what he felt he has to offer, both sides agreed continuing the partnership into the next two seasons looks doable.

We're not dealing with idiots here, these people do this for a living, nobody involved is going to go into this blind, they all know how the CBA works, they all know what's realistic/doable and what's not.

it's some of the fan base that's delusional...lol expecting unicorns and the what not

Akrazotile
03-06-2014, 12:05 PM
two reasons, one Bryant puts butts in the seats

Even when hes faking an injury to avoid the hit to his pride of playing on a d-league level team?

The Lakers should have known better. When there is no winning team around Kobe that he can take credit for with contrived scowls and corny hero catch phrases, he sulks and quits and hides behind "injuries."

Not like I really care, Jim Buss is weak minded and afraid of Kobe, so I have no sympathy for him when he gets hung out to dry by the dude. I understand Kobe has a ton of cache with Buss' customer base but the Lakers are "supposed to" be bigger than any one player. This dude lets Kobe run the Lakers. So do the fans. It really is a cult of Kobe. Mindless people worshipping their hero even as he takes advantage of them. Really does remind me of a cult.

oh the horror
03-06-2014, 01:22 PM

I've been saying this to my friends. Where do you think they're going to get these players that'll put them in contention? For one, Kobe is eating up a good portion of salary, and two there aren't many free agents to sign that won't hurt their cap in the future if they hope to land stars later. And three they have no major trade assets.

Lakers rebuild is going to take several seasons.

Akrazotile
03-06-2014, 01:28 PM
For one, Kobe is eating up a good portion of salary,

Thats just because of his competitive fire, he just wants to win more than anyone else on the planet.

WallIn
03-06-2014, 01:36 PM
Lakers still in denial. Loving it

oh the horror
03-06-2014, 02:03 PM
Lakers still in denial. Loving it

Saying they won't go all out and try to rebuild this offseason is denial?

gts
03-06-2014, 02:08 PM
Yeah I don't understand his post either :lol

HOoopCityJones
03-06-2014, 02:17 PM
Melo is destined to be a Bull, aside from the obvious , Carmelo is the only one worth going after in Free Agency and they don't wanna tie up their Cap space with his contract long term, especially if he's not even sure he wants to be here, they made that gamble once already on Dwight and lost potential assets for an old ass Steve Nash.

Even if we don't land Love in 2015, I much rather truly shop in the market of 2015 instead of banking on one FA, for every K.Love there is an Aldridge or Jefferson available anyway.

Rooster
03-06-2014, 02:36 PM
I've been saying this to my friends. Where do you think they're going to get these players that'll put them in contention? For one, Kobe is eating up a good portion of salary, and two there aren't many free agents to sign that won't hurt their cap in the future if they hope to land stars later. And three they have no major trade assets.

Lakers rebuild is going to take several seasons.

This is the more realistic point of view. Signing and overpaying someone like Deng for a long term just to push you to playoff will be a terrible move. I rather wait unless Lebron opts out and wants to go Hollywood which is very unlikely.

bballnoob1192
03-06-2014, 02:40 PM
they are not doing anything this season cuz carmelo is the only major superstar, and he is not gonna go to LA. Kevin love is there only chance honestly and hes in 2015 summer

Doranku
03-06-2014, 02:41 PM
Even when hes faking an injury to avoid the hit to his pride of playing on a d-league level team?

The Lakers should have known better. When there is no winning team around Kobe that he can take credit for with contrived scowls and corny hero catch phrases, he sulks and quits and hides behind "injuries."

Not like I really care, Jim Buss is weak minded and afraid of Kobe, so I have no sympathy for him when he gets hung out to dry by the dude. I understand Kobe has a ton of cache with Buss' customer base but the Lakers are "supposed to" be bigger than any one player. This dude lets Kobe run the Lakers. So do the fans. It really is a cult of Kobe. Mindless people worshipping their hero even as he takes advantage of them. Really does remind me of a cult.

The Lakers are currently the worst team in the West. What's the point of coming back and risking further injury? Dude has been in the league for 18 seasons, tore his Achilles last year, and fractured his knee after only a few games this year. And you're sitting here saying he's faking an injury because of his pride? Give me a break dude.

You're the same kind of person who, if Kobe did come back, would say that he's selfish and is only playing because he wants to chase Kareem's scoring record. Kobe can't win with haters like you no matter what he does.

Akrazotile
03-06-2014, 02:41 PM
. I rather wait unless Lebron opts out and wants to go Hollywood which is very unlikely.

I dont think its all that implausible. You might wanna see bout gettin your Clippers season tix now just in case.

Akrazotile
03-06-2014, 02:44 PM
The Lakers are currently the worst team in the West. What's the point of coming back and risking further injury?

According to the stans themselves the justification for paying Kobe so much is thats the only way fans will watch or go to games. Remember? "Kobe puts butts in the seats." If thats what hes there for, why is he taking extra time for a minor injury? Dudes career is almost over anyway. If the fans wanna see Kobe, and supposedly that is the ONLY way fans were goin to continue showing up, why isnt he playing?

Rooster
03-06-2014, 02:49 PM
I dont think its all that implausible. You might wanna see bout gettin your Clippers season tix now just in case.

I like the Clippers but I am not gonna tickets to watch their games even though they are explosive and exciting team to watch. I bleed purple and gold and even though they are terrible this year, I still buy tickets and watch them at least once a month.

WallIn
03-06-2014, 02:51 PM

Denial meaning they've signed a 36-year old old hobbled guy to a 48M extension hoping that he will pull them out of a shthole and bring them to the promised land.

HOoopCityJones
03-06-2014, 02:51 PM
According to the stans themselves the justification for paying Kobe so much is thats the only way fans will watch or go to games. Remember? "Kobe puts butts in the seats." If thats what hes there for, why is he taking extra time for a minor injury? Dudes career is almost over anyway. If the fans wanna see Kobe, and supposedly that is the ONLY way fans were goin to continue showing up, why isnt he playing?

Just stop posting dude. :facepalm

Doranku
03-06-2014, 02:52 PM

It's not a minor injury when you take into consideration his age, mileage, and the fact that he had probably the worst injury a basketball player can have less than a year ago.

@the bold: that's the whole point, though. His career is almost over. He's got two years (if he even lasts that long) left. Why risk coming back to a hopeless team for a month and a half when he can just take the year off, continue rehabbing, go through training camp/preseason/etc next year and finish his last two years fresh?

If LeBron were in the same predicament that Kobe is in, you'd want him to sit out the year too.

HOoopCityJones
03-06-2014, 02:54 PM
It's not a minor injury when you take into consideration his age, mileage, and the fact that he had probably the worst injury a basketball player can have less than a year ago.

@the bold: that's the whole point, though. His career is almost over. He's got two years (if he even lasts that long) left. Why risk coming back to a hopeless team for a month and a half when he can just take the year off, continue rehabbing, go through training camp/preseason/etc next year and finish his last two years fresh?

Bro, you're arguing with a person with an irrational hate towards Kobe , he's gonna make up any shitty excuse to discredit Kobe in anyway.

I thought i'd seen it all on here, but this cat just said he's faking.

Save yourself the trouble, trust me.

ImKobe
03-06-2014, 02:56 PM
Lakers always go all in, especially with Jimbo. They will try to go for a home run and if it fails they'll go with the top 5 pick, Kobe & a bunch of 1 yr contracts & will get Love in 2015.

oh the horror
03-06-2014, 05:00 PM
Denial meaning they've signed a 36-year old old hobbled guy to a 48M extension hoping that he will pull them out of a shthole and bring them to the promised land.

Most are of the opinion in LA, at least in the circle of people I know that was a strange move. We get the "why" but no one understands how Kobe can except a hard and instant rebuild when he took a massive contract at his age like that.

ZenMaster
03-06-2014, 05:37 PM
Most are of the opinion in LA, at least in the circle of people I know that was a strange move. We get the "why" but no one understands how Kobe can except a hard and instant rebuild when he took a massive contract at his age like that.

I thought he explained himself fairly well here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1q6kFejMRDk#t=135

gts
03-06-2014, 06:45 PM
Most are of the opinion in LA, at least in the circle of people I know that was a strange move. We get the "why" but no one understands how Kobe can except a hard and instant rebuild when he took a massive contract at his age like that.I don't think Kobe expects a instant rebuild, never for a moment did I get that feeling from anything he said.. He knows how the cap works, his agent knows how the cap works. The Lakers will have cap space and they'll do what they can.

Kobe obviously still has confidence in his game and confidence the Lakers will do what they can to surround him with a quality team but I don't for once think Kobe expects a world beater team to magically appear around him next season.

I thought he explained himself fairly well here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1q6kFejMRDk#t=135

exactly

kentatm
03-06-2014, 09:18 PM

b/c making moves for the sake of making moves is how you sink a franchise

Akrazotile
03-06-2014, 09:27 PM
b/c making moves for the sake of making moves is how you sink a franchise

This isnt about the fans or the organization. This is about Kobe. The Lakers must always do what is best for Kobe.

- The book of Stan

CelticBaller
03-06-2014, 09:28 PM
lakers are done

Nash
03-06-2014, 09:36 PM
Kobe should go to Miami, he'll either get FMVP or chuck Miami the hell out of that finals.

Bandito
03-06-2014, 09:39 PM
Kobe should go to Miami, he'll either get FMVP or chuck Miami the hell out of that finals.
At least he won't choke:roll:

Bandito
03-06-2014, 09:40 PM
This isnt about the fans or the organization. This is about Kobe. The Lakers must always do what is best for Kobe.

- The book of Stan
http://www.globalnerdy.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud.jpg

longtime lurker
03-06-2014, 10:07 PM
Jesus I swear this site is full of idiots. How hard do you think it is for the Lakers to rebuild? First thing is to fire D'Antoni, sign Melo, signing some vets and trading their lottery pick for Kevin Love. That's a pretty quick rebuild. The better route would be to wait till 2015 sign Love and another big name free agent and then round out the rest of the roster in 2016. Either way they'll take 2 years max to rebuild. All this talk about the Lakers are done, this ain't a shit organization like Orlando.

zass
03-06-2014, 11:11 PM
these are Lakers' main targets in next couple years

http://www.inflexwetrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/IFWT_KD-and-KL-workout-5.jpg