PDA

View Full Version : Will NY get the 8th Seed?

Sharmer
03-06-2014, 06:37 AM
Even though they played like crap lately, I think Melo will carry them to the 8th Seed. It also helps that the Hawks keep losing.

JohnFreeman
03-06-2014, 06:47 AM
Nah

fiddy
03-06-2014, 07:05 AM
Dont think so.

(e)
03-06-2014, 07:12 AM
Better chance for the Cavs or Pistons. I can't see the Knicks making it, they don't even try to play defense.

Really pulling for the Bobcats to make it so their 1st round pick goes to Chicago.

wally_world
03-06-2014, 07:34 AM
At this point all of the above mentioned teams are better off NOT making the playoffs and getting a top 10-12 pick.

fiddy
03-06-2014, 07:40 AM
Better chance for the Cavs or Pistons. I can't see the Knicks making it, they don't even try to play defense.

Really pulling for the Bobcats to make it so their 1st round pick goes to Chicago.
I was going to say Cavs, but they have somewhat hard schedule for the remainder of the season. They 2 games against the Knicks tho.

HylianNightmare
03-06-2014, 09:12 AM
Nope

niko
03-06-2014, 09:49 AM
No. They will wind up moving up a lot as the tankers get in draft position I think, but no playoffs

nashwade
03-06-2014, 09:51 AM
and play Miami or Pacers for first round exit?

MichaelCorleone
03-06-2014, 09:53 AM
No.

imdaman99
03-06-2014, 10:35 AM
:roll: We have stuck about 40 forks in them already.

Jlamb47
03-06-2014, 10:37 AM
Knicks are done sorry to say. Melo will leave next year

Draz
03-06-2014, 10:45 AM
Obviously they would rather do that than miss the playoffs, I mean their not fighting for picks.

Eric Cartman
03-06-2014, 10:58 AM
5th worst record in the league

still has a chance to make the playoffs

that which can't be explained has been uttered

WallIn
03-06-2014, 11:00 AM
no way

rufuspaul
03-06-2014, 11:11 AM
Indiana, Miami, and Golden State notwithstanding, they have a favorable schedule down the stretch. Anything is possible. If I were a betting man though, I'd say the 8th spot will go to the Hawks, Pistons or Cavs.

The real question is: will the Bobcats get the 6th seed? :D

niko
03-06-2014, 08:54 PM
5th worst record in the league

still has a chance to make the playoffs

that which can't be explained has been uttered
6 or 7 teams are behind us in the standings. How are we 5th worst record? I mean it's semantics, do we suck or really suck but where did you get 5th?

Milbuck
03-06-2014, 08:55 PM
The chance of that happening is minuscule, but I hope it does. I want them to get the 8th seed, and get absolutely destroyed in the 1st round against Indy or Miami. I want Melo out of that franchise, and I think the Knicks getting a broom shoved up their ass in the 1st round would do it.

It's A VC3!!!
03-06-2014, 08:56 PM
6 or 7 teams are behind us in the standings. How are we 5th worst record? I mean it's semantics, do we suck or really suck but where did you get 5th?

The Knicks have a .355 winning percentage. Only five teams have a worse winning percentage and overall record.

It's A VC3!!!
03-06-2014, 08:58 PM
There's almost no chance that happens, but I hope it does. I want them to get the 8th seed, and get absolutely destroyed in the 1st round against Indy or Miami. I want Melo out of that shitty franchise, and I think the Knicks getting a broom shoved up their ass in the 1st round would do it.

:oldlol: :lol

Damn, you genuinely hate the Knicks. I hate them because I'm a Nets fan so it's understandable. But you just genuinely hate them.:oldlol:

Shit Knicks not going to even sniff the playoffs this year or in the foreseeable future (30-40 years?). The fans are even waiting outside of Dolan's mansion with pit forks, shovels and barbecue sauce. It's that bad. It really is.

Milbuck
03-06-2014, 09:01 PM
:oldlol: :lol

Damn, you genuinely hate the Knicks. I hate them because I'm a Nets fan so it's understandable. But you just genuinely hate them.:oldlol:

Shit Knicks not going to even sniff the playoffs this year or in the foreseeable future (30-40 years?). The fans are even waiting outside of Dolan's mansion with pit forks, shovels and barbecue sauce. It's that bad. It really is.
Nah man, I'm pretty indifferent to them. I just really feel bad for Melo, and I want him to be in a position to succeed and prove all the dumbasses criticizing him wrong. And the only way for that to happen is for him to get as far away as possible from Dolan.

JUDGE WITNESS
03-06-2014, 09:03 PM
The fans are even waiting outside of Dolan's mansion with pit forks, shovels and barbecue sauce. It's that bad. It really is.
this was genuinely funny :lol

Sharmer
03-06-2014, 09:20 PM
I'm going out on a limb and saying that they're going to make the 8th seed, if they don't this will be a all time shame for Melo, the starting 5 should be at worst a 45 win team, they won 50 plus games last year. I don't think the loss of Jason Kidd could be that detrimental.

JBrizzy
03-06-2014, 10:19 PM
The team is good enough to make the playoffs. They looked good against the Wolves.

But I just figured they're tanking. It's the simplest explanation for how much they suck.

aboss4real24
03-06-2014, 10:32 PM

Lose 2 PACERS? , pacers with wat o#?

CelticBaller
03-06-2014, 10:34 PM
to what? get bounced?

niko
03-06-2014, 10:35 PM
The Knicks have a .355 winning percentage. Only five teams have a worse winning percentage and overall record.
Boston, Orlando, Philly, Milwaukee, Utah, LA. That would be six teams behind us and we are seven. Are people so lame and petty that they want to add teams in front of us? Like being seventh is not bad enough, we need to be fifth?

BTW, i find it funny myself Net fans are so happy considering you traded all your picks till 2018 for Garnett, who you are better without, to be a team with no title shot.

SpecialQue
03-06-2014, 10:40 PM
Their season's been done for the past month, unfortunately. They need to find better talent to surround Melo with for next season. And a new coach, obviously.

It's A VC3!!!
03-06-2014, 10:46 PM
Boston, Orlando, Philly, Milwaukee, Utah, LA. That would be six teams behind us and we are seven. Are people so lame and petty that they want to add teams in front of us? Like being seventh is not bad enough, we need to be fifth?

BTW, i find it funny myself Net fans are so happy considering you traded all your picks till 2018 for Garnett, who you are better without, to be a team with no title shot.

Pierce expires after this season. Garnett the season after and Deron, Brook and Joe the season after. Don't worry about the Nets. They will always be competitive in the Brooklyn era. Better yet, we will always be a playoff team in the Brooklyn era. Knicks will not taste the playoffs for eons to come.

niko
03-06-2014, 10:48 PM
Their season's been done for the past month, unfortunately. They need to find better talent to surround Melo with for next season. And a new coach, obviously.

Well, Mills is out as basketball guy. At best he'll run the garden business, at worst he'll be some sort of advisor. He's not even allowed to speak anymore. He might wind up being a figurehead GM for a coach/gm that has all the power too. I really think they will pursue JVG heavily. I thought so since earlier this year after JVG went around to radio stations and apoligized for bailing on the Knicks way back when all of a sudden.

As far as Melo, he should do what he wants to do. I just hope he's not stupid enough to make himself Bosh.

niko
03-06-2014, 10:53 PM
Pierce expires after this season. Garnett the season after and Deron, Brook and Joe the season after. Don't worry about the Nets. They will always be competitive in the Brooklyn era. Better yet, we will always be a playoff team in the Brooklyn era. Knicks will not taste the playoffs for eons to come.

You always lie, you know Deron lasts a year longer. The same way you knew the Knicks weren't fifth. I don't get it, how does it benefit you to lie about these things? In 2016 you have Deron and nothing. That's certainly the basis for a title contender that any A list free agent will want to join. :lol Deron, Durant and 13 minimum level salaries. Plus your freaking spending will get us a hard cap in 2017. No one talks about that but it's coming. Good job. :cheers:

I'd be more worried if your GM wasn't Billy King, hell of a job he did trading every pick till 2018 for Garnett who is done.

Jameerthefear
03-06-2014, 11:01 PM
I remember when niko told me they would still make the playoffs so I shouldn't get too excited about that draft pick the Magic have :roll:

It's A VC3!!!
03-06-2014, 11:22 PM
You always lie, you know Deron lasts a year longer. The same way you knew the Knicks weren't fifth. I don't get it, how does it benefit you to lie about these things? In 2016 you have Deron and nothing. That's certainly the basis for a title contender that any A list free agent will want to join. :lol Deron, Durant and 13 minimum level salaries. Plus your freaking spending will get us a hard cap in 2017. No one talks about that but it's coming. Good job. :cheers:

I'd be more worried if your GM wasn't Billy King, hell of a job he did trading every pick till 2018 for Garnett who is done.

I said the winning percentage is 5th worst in the league, which it is. And what did we trade for Garnett again? Do you realize that every player traded for Garnett and Pierce are out the league or home right now? Wallace is done for the season, Brooks got traded several times, Humphries and Bogans were sent home by the Celtics.
I'm happy to be a Nets fan and watch my team EVERY YEAR be in the playoffs. I can't say the same for you.

By the way, put a lot of barbecue sauce on the pitch fork.:lol

NuggetsFan
03-06-2014, 11:27 PM

Pretty sure the Knicks had the 5th worst record up until last night probably why people said that. Pretty understandable :confusedshrug: Mistake of one game really.

It's A VC3!!!
03-06-2014, 11:36 PM
Hump will play tomorrow.
So per nets daily, of 9 players in last June's big trade, only two, Pierce & Humphries will play tomorrow. Rest are injured, sent home, traded or cut.

Yeah nets won the trade. We talking bout playoffs.

Dr. Ice
03-06-2014, 11:43 PM
wow, calm down people. once millsap and pero are fully healed the hawks will be winning again, or atleast not losing every single freaking game like they are right now.

Kiddlovesnets
03-07-2014, 10:50 AM
wow, calm down people. once millsap and pero are fully healed the hawks will be winning again, or atleast not losing every single freaking game like they are right now.

Yeah I hope so, I actually want to see the Hawks making the playoffs, 7 or 8th seed whatever.
:cheers:

rufuspaul
03-07-2014, 12:33 PM
. They need to find better talent to surround Melo with for next season.

Melo's gone next season.

niko
03-07-2014, 12:40 PM
Pretty sure the Knicks had the 5th worst record up until last night probably why people said that. Pretty understandable :confusedshrug: Mistake of one game really.
Prior to last night's game it was 7th. It's still 7th. I don't get why people are arguing with me, i even gave the 6 teams. I get my morning update from the Nuggets fan behind me, if we are 5th ill know. There might be a sign on my desk.

niko
03-07-2014, 12:43 PM
Hump will play tomorrow.
So per nets daily, of 9 players in last June's big trade, only two, Pierce & Humphries will play tomorrow. Rest are injured, sent home, traded or cut.

Yeah nets won the trade. We talking bout playoffs.
You traded all your picks till 2018 for Pierce and Garnett, and you look better without Garnett, and you aren't winning shit. You traded all your picks till 2018 to be a quick out in the playoffs? Because you couldn't do that without Pierce and Garnett?

Celtics won that trade easily, they got rid of two players they didn't want, and raped you with picks. Billy King acted like the Celtics weren't ready to ship out Garnett and Pierce unless they were overwhelmed when they'd been trying to send them to the Clippers all summer. There was even talk of a negotiated buyout with Pierce.

WELL THE KNICKS SUCK. I'm well aware. That was still a stupid trade. You killed yourselves for three years cap wise (even with guys coming off) and lost picks two years after that to win a title, and put together a team that had no chance to.

boozehound
03-07-2014, 12:46 PM
The team is good enough to make the playoffs. They looked good against the Wolves.

But I just figured they're tanking. It's the simplest explanation for how much they suck.
obviously not tanking, since they dont have their own pick.

NuggetsFan
03-07-2014, 12:56 PM
Prior to last night's game it was 7th. It's still 7th. I don't get why people are arguing with me, i even gave the 6 teams. I get my morning update from the Nuggets fan behind me, if we are 5th ill know. There might be a sign on my desk.

But your wrong? ESPN had you had 5th worst record on the mock. Even if NY had the tiebreakers which I didn't think they did. They were still tied for the worst 5th worst record and the separation right now is only 1 game :oldlol:

Boston
Orlando
Philly
Milwaukee

Utah/L.A/NY were all at 21 wins. I thought NY was at 5 because of that ESPN mock draft game, maybe they had it wrong tho. Regardless not THAT big of a mistake to say NY was 5th considering they were atleast tied for it a day ago when the comment was made :confusedshrug:

It's A VC3!!!
03-07-2014, 04:32 PM
You traded all your picks till 2018 for Pierce and Garnett, and you look better without Garnett, and you aren't winning shit. You traded all your picks till 2018 to be a quick out in the playoffs? Because you couldn't do that without Pierce and Garnett?

Celtics won that trade easily, they got rid of two players they didn't want, and raped you with picks. Billy King acted like the Celtics weren't ready to ship out Garnett and Pierce unless they were overwhelmed when they'd been trying to send them to the Clippers all summer. There was even talk of a negotiated buyout with Pierce.

WELL THE KNICKS SUCK. I'm well aware. That was still a stupid trade. You killed yourselves for three years cap wise (even with guys coming off) and lost picks two years after that to win a title, and put together a team that had no chance to.

don't worry. i'll be watching my team at least in the second round year after year after year. you won't be watching knicks basketball past april. sorry.:lol

niko
03-07-2014, 04:56 PM
But your wrong? ESPN had you had 5th worst record on the mock. Even if NY had the tiebreakers which I didn't think they did. They were still tied for the worst 5th worst record and the separation right now is only 1 game :oldlol:

Boston
Orlando
Philly
Milwaukee

Utah/L.A/NY were all at 21 wins. I thought NY was at 5 because of that ESPN mock draft game, maybe they had it wrong tho. Regardless not THAT big of a mistake to say NY was 5th considering they were atleast tied for it a day ago when the comment was made :confusedshrug:

They are extrapolating out records. I'm right, the other person was wrong, you say it's not important, why do i keep getting corrected? How does this end? Would you like me to admit being wrong even though i'm not and it's easily verified i'm not?

Ok, Knicks are 5th worst record.

niko
03-07-2014, 04:59 PM
I get the Knicks are bad but why are Net fans taking bows for fictional future success? You'll only get worse the next two years, and after that you have Deron cockblocking a rebuild (along with other salaries, you do need to sign players and not everyone will play for free. Somewhere along the line you'll sign someone into 2016.

The purpose is to win a title. The Knicks are a super epic fail because it's not coming. The Nets, for all the shit you talk are actually in worse shape for longer out.

Do teams trade picks 5 years out (every pick) to just make the playoffs?

It's A VC3!!!
03-07-2014, 07:27 PM
Do teams trade picks 5 years out (every pick) to just make the playoffs?

No. The Knicks did it but are not making the playoffs. So that clearly is not the reason for a playoff appearance.

Oh, got you.:cheers:

NuggetsFan
03-07-2014, 07:45 PM
They are extrapolating out records. I'm right, the other person was wrong, you say it's not important, why do i keep getting corrected? How does this end? Would you like me to admit being wrong even though i'm not and it's easily verified i'm not?

Ok, Knicks are 5th worst record.

Dude the Knicks had the 5th worst record up until what like 9 on the 5th of March? Dude calls them the 5th worst team on the 6th of March and you take an issue with it. You yourself asked where he was getting it from, just filling you in.

People get 5th because it changed within 24 hours and 2-3 teams are within a game or two apart. Heck NY might have the 5th worst record tonight maybe, honestly think it could be possible. They play Utah and L.A also plays tonight. Not sure how the tiebreaker with L.A works.

Just explaining is all.

Dbrog
03-07-2014, 08:00 PM
I really don't think so. What honestly gives you any idea that they will get significantly better at this point? They are 2-8 in their last 10. I just don't see how it's possible.

smoovegittar
03-07-2014, 08:01 PM
Keep drinking that bong water, Spazz.

Sharmer
03-09-2014, 02:58 AM
NY still in the hunt.

MellowYellow
03-09-2014, 04:26 AM
NY 7
Cha 8
Cle 9
Atl 10
Det 11

That's my predictions for how it will end up.

ImKobe
03-09-2014, 04:31 AM
Wow, a 24-40 record and only 3.5 games behind Atlanta? Damn the East is pathetic.

Next 3 games: Vs Philly, @Boston & Vs Milwaukee, you couldn't ask for an easier schedule.

And down the road, they will play another game against Philly, a game @ Lakers, Queens, Utah.

It's hard not to make the Playoffs with that schedule.

JohnFreeman
03-09-2014, 04:40 AM
Wow, a 24-40 record and only 3.5 games behind Atlanta? Damn the East is pathetic.

Next 3 games: Vs Philly, @Boston & Vs Milwaukee, you couldn't ask for an easier schedule.

And down the road, they will play another game against Philly, a game @ Lakers, Queens, Utah.

It's hard not to make the Playoffs with that schedule.
Weird how the East goes from relatively strong to weak. Knicks will still find a way to fvck up this schedule

Blue&Orange
03-09-2014, 08:18 AM
No. The Knicks did it but are not making the playoffs. So that clearly is not the reason for a playoff appearance.

Oh, got you.:cheers:
idiot don't realize Knicks will have all the cap size of the world to rebuild in just one year, plus picks, while Nets will have nothing of the both until 2020.

coin24
03-09-2014, 08:51 AM
Didn't realise the Knicks were only like 3.5 games back :oldlol:
Pathetic east..

They should be able to grab 8th.. I think the bobcats take 6/7..

niko
03-09-2014, 09:01 AM
We won't make the playoffs, but we are now the fifth worst team in the league with 7 or 8 teams behind us.

Draz
03-09-2014, 11:47 AM
We should be 6-0 for the next three games, philly, bucks, celtics

smoovegittar
03-09-2014, 11:54 AM
We won't make the playoffs, but we are now the fifth worst team in the league with 7 or 8 teams behind us.
I honestly think the worst is behind us after this season. I think this PJ thing has them with a renewed effort... last week they would have blown the Cavs game.

NuggetsFan
03-09-2014, 03:28 PM

Correct. You were the 5th worst team on March 5th up until about ten at night and the next day there was only a game separating you and two other teams. Guess maybe I give people too much credit, a game is a game and 12 hours is a pretty long time :confusedshrug:

Now you can get pissy if somebody says that :lol

niko
03-09-2014, 03:52 PM
Correct. You were the 5th worst team on March 5th up until about ten at night and the next day there was only a game separating you and two other teams. Guess maybe I give people too much credit, a game is a game and 12 hours is a pretty long time :confusedshrug:

Now you can get pissy if somebody says that :lol

I wasn't talking to you at the time, the person I was talking to intentionally distorts things. Like Deron, his contract expires in 2016, he always says it's a year earlier. We've corrected him 10 times, but he still says it. But you jumped in and lectured me on correcting him. He's trolling.

We're #9, We're #9 :cry:

Sharmer
03-11-2014, 05:42 AM
only 2 games down now.

:lol

Random_Guy
03-11-2014, 05:48 AM
only 2 games down now.

Seriously?:facepalm they are 25-40

Sharmer
03-11-2014, 05:51 AM
Seriously?:facepalm they are 25-40

we all know that the East is weak :hammerhead: , regardless, many thought they wouldn't

SAKOTXA
03-11-2014, 05:58 AM
only 2 games down now.

Hawks 27-35

Knicks 25-40. Math really isn't your thing ain't it?

Basketbolero
03-11-2014, 06:32 AM
Hawks 27-35

:roll:

Sharmer
03-11-2014, 06:55 PM
Hawks 27-35

Well they are 2 games down in the win category, but 3.5 games behind based on overall seeding.