PDA

View Full Version : Elder Scrolls Online and Wildstar

DeuceWallaces
03-07-2014, 12:58 AM
I know there are a bunch of Skyrim fans here. I never played any of the single player ES games but I've been in the ESO beta for a few months, along with Wildstar, and I've been having fun.

Wondering if anyone else will be trying either out?

Spaulding
03-07-2014, 04:45 AM
When ESO comes out for PS4 I will probably get it. Huge fan of the series. Sucks there's a 15 bucks a month charge...but we will see if its worth it leading up to the console release (few months).

DukeDelonte13
03-07-2014, 12:25 PM
I've only played Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas on PS3. I thought both were buggy as f*ck but overall pretty good. I don't like it enough to shell out 15 bucks a month for it though.

Meticode
03-17-2014, 11:37 PM
From what I hear from people is great graphics/gameplay, but lack of content/story line. In otherwords, it gets rather boring.

DeuceWallaces
03-18-2014, 11:28 AM
From what I've played it has lots of content, but it's very sandboxy. I got a character to 15 on each faction and I enjoyed the main story on each in addition to the main story line for your own character.

Derka
03-18-2014, 12:59 PM
Haven't messed with Wildstar, but the ESO beta was less than impressive to me. Killer graphics, killer environments...the game *looks* gorgeous, but I found the combat clunky and not as responsive as I like while the story over the first 10-15 levels didn't really grip me...at least, not enough to make me want to drop $60 on the game and $15 every month on it.

This is coming from a guy who is coming up on his nine-year World of Warcraft anniversary, though :oldlol:

outbreak
03-18-2014, 05:17 PM
From what I hear from people is great graphics/gameplay, but lack of content/story line. In otherwords, it gets rather boring.

Every MMO suffers from lack of content at launch. This is the main reason why they fail imo, people compare a new MMO to WoW and can't justify investing the time in something that isn't fully fleshed out yet and has no guarantee of being ever fully fleshed out. I am glad ESO is sub based though, most non mmo players hate it but i still think for an MMO to really establish itself and live up to expectations it needs the constant revenue.

I'm a sucker for new mmos so I'll probably try out ESO once it launches despite what i've heard/seen, I was hyped on it for awhile but I've had a few friends in the earlier betas and what I've seen and heard looks like it's the mechanics and world design that's made it boring. I actually got beta keys for the last 2 rounds but haven't even had the motivation to use them after what I've seen from my friends.

I haven't seen much of wildstar at all yet so can't comment on that.

embersyc
03-18-2014, 09:33 PM
I'll certainly give ESO a try at launch.

I agree that I prefer subscription to F2P model.

I hate games that sell equipment, power-ups etc... I never once have made any sort of in-game purchase and don't plan to start anytime soon.

If a game is good, I don't mind paying a sub fee, I never play any game for more than a few months anyways.

DeuceWallaces
03-19-2014, 05:25 PM
All those idiots comparing games to WoW weren't there to run Molten Core and Black Rock Spire over and over for nearly 2 years after launch.

SWTOR has lots of content even after going F2P. That's my guild's main game. They're up to 7 raids 2.5 years after launch in addition to maybe 10-15 4 man dungeons, quite a few max level daily zones, a bunch of warzone maps, and an additional free flight dog fighting space pvp with 3 more maps.

If you enjoy sandbox then ESO has a lot of content so far and if you played the latest beta weekend and thought combat was clunky you probably didn't get far or have a weak rig. We ran the first 4 man on Ebonheart (Fungal Grotto) and it was very fast paced and a lot of fun.

Wildstar is a fun mix of ESO and tradition WoW/ToR MMO combat. I wouldn't let the kiddie graphics fool you either. Fairly adult oriented in it's language and tone.

DeuceWallaces
03-19-2014, 05:27 PM
I have a few extra WildStar keys for this weekends event if someone wants to try it. I don't think my guildies will use them all up.

DeuceWallaces
04-03-2014, 12:42 PM
ESO has had a relatively stable launch. Most my guild has been playing and it's running smoothly.

If you have a Curse account they're giving away Wildstar keys for this weekend's open beta.

Undisputed
04-03-2014, 08:53 PM
I have no experience with MMO's, but I will give ESO a shot for a couple months on the PS4. Looks really fun. We'll see.

CarlosBoozer
04-03-2014, 10:43 PM
I have a few extra WildStar keys for this weekends event if someone wants to try it. I don't think my guildies will use them all up.
Is it for the ps4?

DeuceWallaces
04-04-2014, 01:45 AM
PC launch was last week; I'm not sure when the subservient sub-race launch is.

embersyc
04-04-2014, 05:53 PM
Downloading ESO now (for PC obviously)... taking forever, only at 2%, guess I should've preordered, but wanted to get my fill of titanfall first since I almost never play 2 games at once.

embersyc
04-07-2014, 07:13 AM
So played ESO this weekend up to about level 8. Started off a bit dull, but picked up around level 5. I wish combat was more like a traditional Elder Scrolls game, and less MMOish. In Skyrim, I'd have no problem taking on 5 or 6 enemies at a time, here any more than 2 is guaranteed death.

DeuceWallaces
04-07-2014, 01:14 PM
It's fairly boring until level 10 and especially 15 when you get the second weapon slot.

embersyc
04-08-2014, 07:16 AM
It's fairly boring until level 10 and especially 15 when you get the second weapon slot.

Yeah it seems to get better the farther I get into it (almost 10 now), although maybe I am building my character wrong, because combat on story missions is becoming quite difficult. I might have to start grouping some 'solo' content.

DeuceWallaces
04-09-2014, 01:05 PM
If you're playing a mele class like nightblade without any ranged capabilities it can be pretty tough at times. You have to move out of the red, block, interrupt, and use knockbacks or other CC to beat a lot of pulls.

embersyc
04-29-2014, 11:03 PM
I switched from Destruction staff to One hand and Shield after level 15, and am liking that playing style a lot better (been tanking in 4 mans a bit). Progressing slowly, due to lack of playing time, only about level 26 now, but absolutely loving the game so far.

Only complaints are the bugs, seem to be quite a few missing objectives that require the log out/log in trick to solve and the lack of a centralized auction house. Despite being in a trade guild of 300+ people now, I still feel the game needs a real Auction House.