PDA

View Full Version : Watch Dogs out on May 27

Shade8780
03-08-2014, 08:50 AM
Worldwide release is May 27, confirmed a few days ago by Ubisoft. Thought it would be around March or April, but I guess May's alright.

New story trailer released too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGZ1fwKcEmc

Smook A.
03-23-2014, 04:13 AM
Super fuggin excited for this game.

KingMillions
03-23-2014, 07:10 AM
Super fuggin excited for this game.

Me too. The first next game I have been excited for. Do you think it will look better on PS4 of Xbox One?

lilgodfather1
03-23-2014, 08:35 PM
Me too. The first next game I have been excited for. Do you think it will look better on PS4 of Xbox One?
Every game will be better on ps4 all gen long. No amount of optimization can compensate for ram bottlenecks, and a weak gpu.

The only way a game will be better on xbox is if the developers are incompetant. That's not a console warrior thing that is just a fact. The way the are set up is the same, except one of them is just stronger.

I would say watchdogs would be comparable to ass creed. 900p xbox, 1080p ps4, and a smoother framerate.

outbreak
03-24-2014, 11:46 PM
Every game will be better on ps4 all gen long. No amount of optimization can compensate for ram bottlenecks, and a weak gpu.

The only way a game will be better on xbox is if the developers are incompetant. That's not a console warrior thing that is just a fact. The way the are set up is the same, except one of them is just stronger.

I would say watchdogs would be comparable to ass creed. 900p xbox, 1080p ps4, and a smoother framerate.

except you know tomb raider and thief which have horrible jutter and wildly varying unlocked frame rates on ps4 but 0 lag or jutter on xbox....

we all know your a fanboy and your mum won't purchase another console for you this generation so you have to puff out your chest and spout bullshit about the xbox whenever possible but maybe you should be doing that on some of the sony gaming forums rather than ish.

lilgodfather1
03-25-2014, 08:30 AM
except you know tomb raider and thief which have horrible jutter and wildly varying unlocked frame rates on ps4 but 0 lag or jutter on xbox....

we all know your a fanboy and your mum won't purchase another console for you this generation so you have to puff out your chest and spout bullshit about the xbox whenever possible but maybe you should be doing that on some of the sony gaming forums rather than ish.
The ps4 version of tomb raider is native 1080p, xbox is 1080p with 900p cutscenes, and the frame rate is twice as high. Not sure where you were going with thag perfect example of the ps4s superiority... thief another game that is native 1080p on ps4, but only 900p on xbone. The ps4 lacks af though which is weird.

Edit: call of duty ghosts 1080p vs 720p, bf4 900p (only non 1080p ps4 game) vs 720p, and ps4 has a 10fps advantage, ac4 1080p vs 900p.

So of the multi plat games theif is the only one that you could make a real argument that it actually runs better on xbox. But yes lets live in your fantasy world where there are two gpus in the one that will give devs a stronger machine to work with.

Edit 2: and for some tomb raider reading http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-tomb-raider-definitive-performance-analysis

Xbox drops to 18fps at the lowest point, ps4 to 32. But xvox has no judder.. who is the fanboy again?

As for thief having no judder the lowest fps on xbox is 20, and ps4 is 25... again not sure where you were going with the judder argument..

Shade8780
03-25-2014, 09:32 AM

console war incoming..

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130817204830/injusticegodsamongus/images/0/0a/I'm_Out_Of_Here.gif

rhythmic
03-25-2014, 02:21 PM
Uhm a handful of game developers who work for both Sony & Microsoft have already said PS4 is a more powerful system, by a clear margin.

rhythmic
03-25-2014, 02:22 PM
The develop said WD will take about 40 hours to beat and upward to 100 hours to complete everything.

shortsoptional
03-25-2014, 02:50 PM
Excited about this game... i know a lot of people got down on it after the delay and the game not looking as pretty in the latest trailer, but it still looks great to me.

The reason for the delay was explained very well in this article:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/6/5477236/watch-dogs-hands-on-video-interview-release-date

outbreak
03-25-2014, 05:30 PM
The ps4 version of tomb raider is native 1080p, xbox is 1080p with 900p cutscenes, and the frame rate is twice as high. Not sure where you were going with thag perfect example of the ps4s superiority... thief another game that is native 1080p on ps4, but only 900p on xbone. The ps4 lacks af though which is weird.

Edit: call of duty ghosts 1080p vs 720p, bf4 900p (only non 1080p ps4 game) vs 720p, and ps4 has a 10fps advantage, ac4 1080p vs 900p.

So of the multi plat games theif is the only one that you could make a real argument that it actually runs better on xbox. But yes lets live in your fantasy world where there are two gpus in the one that will give devs a stronger machine to work with.

Edit 2: and for some tomb raider reading http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-tomb-raider-definitive-performance-analysis

Xbox drops to 18fps at the lowest point, ps4 to 32. But xvox has no judder.. who is the fanboy again?

As for thief having no judder the lowest fps on xbox is 20, and ps4 is 25... again not sure where you were going with the judder argument..

Did you not read what I wrote or are you ignoring the points not in your favour? The xbox framerates don't vary much in the actual gameplay, the ps4 framerate is unlocked and struggles. You can find numerous people talking about playing the multiplats on xbox even at lower resolutions so that you don't get the jutter and frame variations.

I'm hardly a fanboy when I owned an xbox 360, ps3, wii and a ds last gen, this gen I have an xbox one because more games were out at launch that I wanted, a 3ds and I'll be picked up a ps4 once they start putting out their big franchises. Just annoying when people spout obvious fanboyisms and misinformation. The ps4 is running things at better quality but don't ignore the fact that it is struggling to do this in some cases and act like it's a massive gap.

lilgodfather1
03-25-2014, 09:09 PM
Did you not read what I wrote or are you ignoring the points not in your favour? The xbox framerates don't vary much in the actual gameplay, the ps4 framerate is unlocked and struggles. You can find numerous people talking about playing the multiplats on xbox even at lower resolutions so that you don't get the jutter and frame variations.

I'm hardly a fanboy when I owned an xbox 360, ps3, wii and a ds last gen, this gen I have an xbox one because more games were out at launch that I wanted, a 3ds and I'll be picked up a ps4 once they start putting out their big franchises. Just annoying when people spout obvious fanboyisms and misinformation. The ps4 is running things at better quality but don't ignore the fact that it is struggling to do this in some cases and act like it's a massive gap.
I'm not ignoring anything. The two examples you posted aren't great examples of non judder on xbox. Tr drops nearly half its frame rate at times, just like ps4, and thief is not an unlocked framerate on ps4 is is 30fps just like xbox, but it has a 5fps advantage in the hairiest spots. Ps4 tr runs over 50fps average, xbox under 30.

The massive gap isn't necessarily those 2 games. Ghosts is the biggest gap, 2.25x the resolution, and the ps4 version was running over 60fps, which caused judder.

The ps4 is weak too, just not as weak as xbox. It's factually 50% stronger, and has a better ram solution, and has two times the rops. Those are facts.

The Macho Man
03-26-2014, 12:03 AM
Nerd fight

Al Thornton
03-26-2014, 02:44 AM
Nerd fight

lol

Undisputed
03-26-2014, 02:45 AM
I have to go with Godfather here. A fan a Sony he is, clearly. But it doesn't change the fact that he's right. The PS4 is a superior machine for gaming so far and probably the future, while the XONE is the superior console for all around home entertainment and socializing. Watch Dogs will look better on the PS4, that is for damn sure. But regardless, both consoles will present the game beautifully. It won't be very obvious unless you really care about getting the highest possible resolution and frame rate, which does not effect the gaming experience what so ever.

No need for a console war. I feel like the proof will be in the pudding, so to say. Let's allow this to play out before the war begins, if you're into that sort of thing, I know I'm not.

lilgodfather1
03-27-2014, 01:38 PM
Much more of a sony fan, I will admit to that. They've never done anything to negatively impact the gaming industry, certainly not on the scale of paying for multiplayer, something I am totally against, and certainly not close to drm.

Anyways don't want to argue those in this thread, won't reply on the matter. Both are disappointing in features so far. For consoles that will share 80% or more of the games, features need to separate them, and neither has anything I find important at this moment. No 3d blu ray playback is just horrible. I don't have a huge collection, only 12-15, but I'd like to be able to unplug the ps3. I will never buy another game for it, or play a game on it again. It is hooked up solely as a 3d player at this moment. South park was the last one.

The 360 has been unplugged since I got the ps4. No point in having it if I'm done with last gen games. Can't wait to trade both in honestly. But until 3d playback comes in that isn't going to happen.

Back to the consolez warz thing. It's not a war at this point, it's been a 4 on 1 fight. There's been 1 game that xbox has "won" that I know of from digital foundry, and that's thief.

Ac, nba, nfs, tomb raider, cod, bf4, All better on ps4. Don't know about fifa, can't remember seeing any others. In a thread where sombody asked which system would run a game better, it's not a console warz point to say what all previous evidence would suggest.

nightprowler10
03-27-2014, 02:45 PM
Wait... PS4 doesn't play 3D? WTF?

lilgodfather1
03-27-2014, 03:28 PM
Wait... PS4 doesn't play 3D? WTF?
Not blu rays. Games I think, fez 3d is coming out soon.

Mr Exlax
03-30-2014, 09:09 PM
I own both systems and I have no idea what the fugg yall are even arguing about lol.

TheReal Kendall
05-01-2014, 06:03 PM
Here's some Multiplayer gameplay: http://youtu.be/jQtftlCq4Gc

Game looks good

shortsoptional
05-12-2014, 01:47 PM
Still really looking forward to this game...

Anyone pre-order this already?

Shade8780
05-12-2014, 01:55 PM
Still really looking forward to this game...

Anyone pre-order this already?
moi.

lilgodfather1
05-16-2014, 07:29 PM
Confirmed to he 900p on ps4, and 792p on xbox. Both 30fps, that should answer the question from earlier in the thread. Again I reiterate it isn't a console warz point to say a game will run better on ps4, it is a fact. There is no software that can make up for that big of a hardware discrepancy.

On another note that 792p, is the same resolution titanfall ran at. Seems to be too arbitrary to be a coincidence. Might be something to keep an eye on.

Ai2death
05-26-2014, 10:35 PM
Just bought this, not sure if i'll get a chance to play it till Thursday though :( Got basketball tonight and tomorrow and any time after that will probably be spent watch game of thrones with the missus.

Mr Exlax
05-26-2014, 11:16 PM
I'm gonna go scoop up my copy in about an hour. I'm pretty excited. I can change the channel on the TV with my cell phone so this should feel right at home for me.

Thorpesaurous
05-27-2014, 09:12 AM
I'll pick mine up on the way home from work tonight, but I have dinner plans all week, so I'm not sure how much I'll get into it until the weekend.

Reviews I've seen have been good not great. A lot of 80 - 85 ish type numbers. With the hacking being a unique enough element to make the game stand out beyond some of it's dead city type flaws and damaged character construction.

I'm still pretty intrigued.

Qwyjibo
05-27-2014, 11:14 AM
Based on the reactions so far, it seems like another open-world game that is very good but nothing mind-blowing or revolutionary. Similar to recent ones like Sleeping Dogs and the Saints Row games. Which is perfectly fine and should be a good experience. The massive hype machine behind this game will hurt it though among some gamers who were expecting a GTA killer.

I'm downloading the PC version right now and might start it up later tonight. This will probably be the first game that makes me seriously think about upgrading my PC (video card and processor).

Draz
05-27-2014, 12:14 PM
Never been into open world gaming. You basically get to play mini games with friends right?

DeuceWallaces
05-27-2014, 12:49 PM
Been wrapped up in ESO, WildStar, and Battlefield so not sure I'll bother with this. I like these games but I don't think I got to 40% on the last GTA.

Thorpesaurous
05-27-2014, 01:43 PM
The reviews have been interesting to read, because it does sound like they were on the verge of a game changing thing here. Everywhere I read that the city is incredible. And everyone seems to agree that the hacking mechanic, while not perfect, is a great new idea to access this type of game.

However, I keep seeing the story is weak. I keep reading the characters are flat. I've read the NPC are lame one note jokes. If they've built a good city, and their mechanic is good, the rest of the issues can be resolved if this moves into a series. And there's a lot knocks on the visuals based on expectations, but they don't sound bad at all. Just not what people hoped for based on previous footage.

Rose
05-27-2014, 02:26 PM
The reviews have been interesting to read, because it does sound like they were on the verge of a game changing thing here. Everywhere I read that the city is incredible. And everyone seems to agree that the hacking mechanic, while not perfect, is a great new idea to access this type of game.

However, I keep seeing the story is weak. I keep reading the characters are flat. I've read the NPC are lame one note jokes. If they've built a good city, and their mechanic is good, the rest of the issues can be resolved if this moves into a series. And there's a lot knocks on the visuals based on expectations, but they don't sound bad at all. Just not what people hoped for based on previous footage.
That's one thing I've noticed too. The latter doesn't surprise me really, but the former does. The background is very interesting, and the outline of the story is pretty cool sounding and engaging. But somehow they made a weak story? Which is kind of weird. Because usually Ubisoft has good stories. Maybe not ones that blow you away every game, but they're usually good.

Oh well, since they don't develop games that aren't gonna be franchises anymore hopefully they learn a lot and make the sequel better because of it.

rhythmic
05-27-2014, 03:14 PM
IGN said the story is pretty weak and the characters (especially the main protagonist) are pretty flat, but only because it takes a long time before the story becomes extremely intriguing. There's a big picture here, a major conspiracy, but it takes patience.

Basically, highly intriguing story but it takes a long time to get engaged.
Which makes sense because I'm sure most people are writing their verdicts based on like 6-7 hours of gameplay.

I did that with Uncharted 3 initially, but it subsequently became my favorite of the entire series.

I got this game, but I'm too busy playing FIFA and MLB The Show...very invested in the career mode. I might play it next week sometime.

Ai2death
05-27-2014, 06:07 PM
After playing for an hour last night, here are my initial thoughts.

The story does strike me as a little flat and weak straight out the gate which has been mentioned already, certain events happen where they sort of want you to feel for the characters, yet no character building has taken place.
It just seems like they couldn't decide if they wanted to be serious or funny. (Think either Heavy Rain to Saints Row)

It feels kind of like the old True Crime series, obviously changing the story, but it's just a feel i get when walking the city. That said though, I did love the True Crime games. I keep getting the controls muddled at the moment, often missing what would have been a cool series of actions and ending up in a sloppy outcome.

I do see this game being enjoyable though, while the combat won't be as enjoyable as Sleeping Dogs, the rest of the game will be a level above that.

Rose
05-27-2014, 06:28 PM
After playing for an hour last night, here are my initial thoughts.

The story does strike me as a little flat and weak straight out the gate which has been mentioned already, certain events happen where they sort of want you to feel for the characters, yet no character building has taken place.
It just seems like they couldn't decide if they wanted to be serious or funny. (Think either Heavy Rain to Saints Row)

It feels kind of like the old True Crime series, obviously changing the story, but it's just a feel i get when walking the city. That said though, I did love the True Crime games. I keep getting the controls muddled at the moment, often missing what would have been a cool series of actions and ending up in a sloppy outcome.

I do see this game being enjoyable though, while the combat won't be as enjoyable as Sleeping Dogs, the rest of the game will be a level above that.
Exactly how I feel. I've done 6/9 of the Act I missions. A lot has happened but I can't say there's been character buildings. I've had fun, but nothing I couldn't do on other games. I really like the cover/combat system. It's a got a dash of gears of war in it which is a good thing. The hacking makes the fights a lot more fun too. It's possible to take down 10 guys or so without shooting a bullet.

The side missions are okay, I've done 10 of them so far. I think one of each not sure. But there's one where you have to intercept guys on a highway and it kicked my ass for awhile.:oldlol: Racing is fun, stopping crimes is pretty solid too. Wish there was more of that, the gang related ones are nothing spectacular.

Brujesino
05-27-2014, 07:39 PM
Is the graphics the only plus from current gen to next? might just rent it for the 360

Rose
05-27-2014, 07:46 PM
Is the graphics the only plus from current gen to next? might just rent it for the 360
I think so. I know PS4 is getting exclusive content (not sure if timed or not) But I think that's it.

Ai2death
05-27-2014, 07:57 PM
I think so. I know PS4 is getting exclusive content (not sure if timed or not) But I think that's it.

My PS4 copy came with an exclusive breakout pack, not sure if just exclusive to first release or gen or sony/xbox.
I have yet to explore this content yet so it could be bugger all.

lilgodfather1
05-27-2014, 09:14 PM
So far I would agree with the weak storyline. They don't do a good job of getting you to like the story, or care about it at all. Seriously the story is pretty much worthless so far.

That said the hacking components are awesome. So much fun to just walk around and hack peoples money.

And it makes popo chases great. Raise the bridge!

DwnShft2Xcelr8
05-27-2014, 09:36 PM
Picked up my copy a couple hours ago, but I am not going to play it until after this Spurs @ Thunder Game 4.
I've been reading reviews on it today and it seems like more people are disappointed than impressed.
I have it for the PS3, so I hope it is at least great for PS3 level expectations.
Story might start weak but get more interesting as it progresses. Maybe..? I am at least hopeful of that.

Ai2death
05-27-2014, 10:25 PM
I felt as though they were basically like here you go, your this dude, here's where you are, blah blah, this person died, you want to do this... and now go for it.

Rose
05-28-2014, 04:40 AM
Multiplayer is pretty tight. My only two complaints are: online decryption should be divided into single and team. Not you can play both in the same lobby. And that it should be easier to play with friends.

Servers are wonky right now, but that's too be expected with it being the launch.

Rondooooooooooo
05-28-2014, 05:18 AM
I think the biggest issue with this game is the hype surrounding it. My roomate was playing it, and it looked and seems fun, but I think it might get a little old doing the hacking on the same stuff and people over and over. Ima try and play it tomorrow see what I think

Chizdog
05-28-2014, 09:22 AM
Press X to hack so much fun.
Hacking stuff just because you can see it on a camera.

Thorpesaurous
05-28-2014, 09:48 AM
I got no where. Installed, updated, redeemed all my content codes, then I played the opening sequence where he's torturing the guy for info. It took some cut scenes, so I figured I'd get it over with. Some minor tutorial stuff in there. I like the controls from what little moving around I've done.

Then I went out to dinner. I have dinner tonight too, so I'm not sure how much I'll get to until the weekend.

Mr Exlax
05-28-2014, 03:06 PM
I have been playing for a few hours today. I've only done about 20 minutes worth of the story lol. The side missions and hacking shit keeps my attention for too long smh.

TheReal Kendall
05-28-2014, 05:39 PM
I played it for about 30mins last a night and the game looks good. I really don't see why people were complaining about the graphics. Controls takes a bit of getting used to and the driving is my only real gripe.

It's kinda hard getting away from the popo also.

I'm liking the game so far. How do you play a team multiplayer match online?

Ai2death
05-28-2014, 07:39 PM
I played it for about 30mins last a night and the game looks good. I really don't see why people were complaining about the graphics. Controls takes a bit of getting used to and the driving is my only real gripe.

It's kinda hard getting away from the popo also.

I'm liking the game so far. How do you play a team multiplayer match online?

I found it way to easy to escape the cops, just drive around, hack some lights, run through a park, jump some fences. Hardest part was the helicopter, but with a couple bridges or a tunnel it would be quite simple no doubt. Basically just don't stop.

TheReal Kendall
05-28-2014, 07:57 PM
I found it way to easy to escape the cops, just drive around, hack some lights, run through a park, jump some fences. Hardest part was the helicopter, but with a couple bridges or a tunnel it would be quite simple no doubt. Basically just don't stop.

I can't lose the Heli for some reason. The cops are like mad men. They just ram the hell out of me causing me to kill innocent people.

Hacking traffic lights don't seem to work for me unless I'm doing it wrong.

Do you know if you can fill out all skill trees?

Ai2death
05-28-2014, 08:13 PM
I can't lose the Heli for some reason. The cops are like mad men. They just ram the hell out of me causing me to kill innocent people.

Hacking traffic lights don't seem to work for me unless I'm doing it wrong.

Do you know if you can fill out all skill trees?

Not sure about the skill trees thing,

But as for the traffic lights, works best when going through busy ones and with speed, hack it just before you get there so traffic is flowing as you squeeze through.

Also, use a lot of back streets and narrow alleys as the are normally transformers or blockers down them which if use right can stop a lot of cops in one go.

Rose
05-28-2014, 10:28 PM
I find that chases are either fairly easy, or really tough.

DwnShft2Xcelr8
05-28-2014, 10:47 PM
I've only put 2 hours into this game so far. The story doesn't have my full attention yet. I feel it's trying hard to get me to care about Aiden's family, and so far, no ****s are given.
The driving is awful. I remember how much people complained about GTA V's driving. This game's driving mechanics make GTA San Andreas from the PS2 look good.
I haven't advanced far yet. In fact, I got stuck evading cops for nearly an hour. Like Rose mentioned above, the chases are either really easy or overly hard.
Anyway, I'm going to play it a bit more later tonight. Maybe after Heat @ Pacers.

Thorpesaurous
05-28-2014, 11:22 PM
I got about 2 hrs in tonight. So far I'm avoiding story like crazy. I'm trying to muscle through as much side stuff as I can to fatten up my skill tree before I try doing stuff. And the side stuff has so far been meaty enough to keep me enjoying what I'm doing.

The driving is horrible though. And the difficulty in free running is worse than GTA.

Al Thornton
05-29-2014, 12:52 AM
i'm blown away by how shitty this game is

Ai2death
05-29-2014, 01:01 AM
I think it's worthy of an 8/10.

Saying it is shitty is a bit harsh, The driving is rather arcade like, but i don't have a problem controlling the cars, you just can't hold full accelerator all the time.
I hope i get to experience one of these tougher cop pursuits soon, at this stage it more feels like i'm toying with them, the only way I've died so far is from jumping off buildings/bridges misjudging the drop :oldlol:

DwnShft2Xcelr8
05-29-2014, 07:07 AM
I've decided I don't like this game, and this is the last time I buy a brand new game on release date. I'm going back to my old way of waiting a couple months before buying an overly hyped game.
Every time I try to play it for extended periods of time, I get bored and turn it off. The driving is awful; the combat sucks; it WAS fun hacking things until it became painfully repetitive; the cops are either super freaks or awful pigs; the graphics (for the PS3, at least) make it hard to believe this game came out in 2014 instead of 2010; and overall, the story has been very lackluster from the start.
For some reason, this game looks and feels too similar to the first inFamous game. That isn't a compliment in 2014.
Plus, there just doesn't seem to be too much to do. I'm aware of the side missions, but they suck, especially that flower-hopping hallucination you can do.
You can't use your cash for anything useful; stopping a crime from occurring leads to the same boring foot chase every single time; and lastly, I don't care for how Ubisoft made it so we feel forced to be good guys. I'm just saying.

But I bet I will still play this game. I'm not letting that $60+ go to complete waste.

DwnShft2Xcelr8
05-29-2014, 07:16 AM
Oh, and another thing:
Why the hell did they cheap out on car sounds?
Every single car sounds like a hoopty piece of crap when you exit the vehicle and Aiden turns off the engine. Even the supercars sound like ghetto crap.

Thorpesaurous
05-29-2014, 10:07 AM
So far I agree with all this stuff above. Shitty may be an overstatement. But it's certainly not a great game. It's a shame because the hacking mechanic is really a different enough thing that it could've been really cool. And the bouncing from camera to camera to change perspective has made for some fresh puzzling elements to me anyway. I found the CtOS tower hacking stuff almost comically influenced by the Assassin's Creed Viewpoint Towers.

But so far like DwnShft I've just been disappointed in so many little things. The driving, the cars, the side missions have been meh so far at best for me. If you were "disengaged" by the stealth elements in TLoU because of Ellie's popping out unseen, this is much worse, where shooting a guy with a silenced gun 6 feet from another guy yields no response.

There's just a lot of minor things that just seem not up to full AAA standards, which I expected not just because of the hype, but because this is Ubisoft. I think the Infamous stuff is a fair comp. I've enjoyed those games, but I'd consider them all a tick below an elite level game. Having enough flaws where if you focused on them you could easily not like the game.

I think it's also worth mentioning that the term "hacking" getting thrown around in this game is a little generic. I can see it feeling a little rediculous as you start "hacking" a soda machine, and some of the other things you can do. But so far I'm willing to backseat my concerns over this stuff and let myself role with the premise.
For example, why can I "hack" something just because I can see it from a camera? Other times I have to be withing feet of thing to "hack" it, and apparently my world class hacking skills can't penetrate the firewall that is a shipping pallet, and I have to actually Shoot! the goddamn pallet to get it out of the way. But the second switch is on top of a roof I can't get to, but as long as I can see it from a camera viewpoint I'm good?

nightprowler10
05-29-2014, 12:03 PM
This is a bit disappointing but also not surprising. The last time Ubisoft decided to significantly change a game was Splinter Cell: Conviction and that was a bit underwhelming.

rhythmic
05-29-2014, 02:05 PM
Naughty Dog really are the best developers on the planet. This game is mediocre to pretty good. It's fun, nice graphics but is kind of similar to Killzone in terms of not meeting expectations; just disappointing. I expected more. Played for about 3-4 hours and after I turned it off, I had no urge to play it at a later time.

Similar with GTA 5, I beat it once and never touched it again.
Don't worry my fellow Uncharted fans, the real PS4 gem will be showed on E3 June 9th... :cheers:

Rose
05-29-2014, 03:16 PM
Thorpe pointed out my big con with the game:the sometimes you can hack, sometimes you can't hack X. It makes no sense a lot of the time, it's annoying. It doesn't bother me enough except when I really want to hack something, that's unhackable and then the next mission requires me to hack something that's similar.

I didn't expect perfection because when you hype something up, spend that much on marketing, and then pull it back 8 months you got issues. The only developer in the world that can do that is basically Nintendo.

I still think it's a good 8/10 game. The story while not exactly engaging, has great NPCs. Aiden is finally showing some emotion, and I can feel myself rooting for him now at least a little bit. The inevitable sequel should learn a lot from this one. I feel like if it didn't have the annoying flaws it would have been terrific. It's similar to battlefield 4 in that regard, where the flaws don't make me stop playing it because otherwise the gameplay (I feel at least) is good enough to make me want to play it more.

Jameerthefear
05-29-2014, 03:45 PM
https://i.imgur.com/NRHeLh6.png

TheReal Kendall
05-29-2014, 05:44 PM
I'll give the game an 8/10, it has its flaws but it's still a decent game. My main gripe is the police and the car sounds.

I don't understand how people are bashing this game and then in the same breathe give Titanfall a 9/10 or 10/10. I know they 2 totally different games but for all the hype I feel like both games fell short and are lacking a lot of content.

Andrei89
05-29-2014, 06:25 PM
I see some bad reviews here.

I recently ordered an Nvidia 770GTX and the game will come with it as bonus.

So , I was kind of excited to receive this game for free as there had been a lot of hype around it.

Given the stuff I have read about the graphics, it does not even have the potential to at least max out my new graphics card.

CarlosBoozer
05-30-2014, 04:25 AM
Gonna save up for The Division instead :durantunimpressed:

Thorpesaurous
05-30-2014, 07:41 AM
Gotta another couple hours in last night. Still pretty hesitant about pushing the story, so I'm trying to do as much of the side stuff as I can. So I went through all the fixer contract stuff on the original part of the city. The first mission escaping the cops with a getaway car was a huge pain in the ass. I'd give them the slip, then I'd get hit with these yellow circles on the map that I suppose were some kind of tracking mechanism, and when I couldn't get out of them quickly, I had more cops and helicopters on me. I finally beat it mostly because I got lucky and the drop point was super close after I lost that initial wave of cops.

It was frustrating enough I didn't want to do anymore, but then I went after the others, and beat all of them on the first try, which is just weird.

I tried one of the AR phone game things, which seem like a shitty blown out version of the stuff you did with the legalize pot guy in GTA. I was driving around runing over demon cops. It was pretty stupid, and apparently I lost, even though I'm not sure what the objective was.

Finally I decided to push the story and move to the next part of the map. That's when I shut it down last night.

So far my favorite things have been the intrusion mini games and the finding the CtOS weak point things, along with hacking the CtOS towers. Basically the small platforming-ish (which is really camera bouncing in this) mini games. I'm already tired of breaking up the criminal activity.

The Map is great. The city is great. As said above, some great work with the NPCs. There's a ton to like. It's just unfortunate they seemed to screw up laying the game on top of what was really a well done framework and mechanism with the hacking. The mini game side stuff has all felt disconnected, or just bad. And the collectibles just aren't worth the trouble. And I'm not far enough into the story yet, but if that's not great either, then we just really got a good sandbox with lousey toys.

rhythmic
05-30-2014, 10:53 AM
I sold for $45, **** this game.

Jameerthefear
05-30-2014, 11:13 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

TheReal Kendall
05-30-2014, 04:21 PM
that bad?
Nah its not that bad. The more I play the more I like it. Online team is pretty fun when it works.

GOBB
05-30-2014, 05:32 PM
Wannabe GTA 5. No thanks will save my money.

Rose
05-30-2014, 07:32 PM
Story picks up about halfway into Act 2. Missions became a lot more fun as well.

Jameerthefear
05-30-2014, 09:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idA9BEA4Hxs
This isn't looking to good Rose...

Draz
05-30-2014, 11:39 PM
Really thought this was going to be really good for next Gen gaming.

Heavincent
05-31-2014, 12:03 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idA9BEA4Hxs
This isn't looking to good Rose...

Ouch...

Rockstar is the king of the open world genre. Nobody else comes close.

Al Thornton
05-31-2014, 01:19 AM
Wannabe GTA 5. No thanks will save my money.

more like wannabe gta 4. and gta 4 still better in every way and it came out 6 years ago.

very sad stuff

DwnShft2Xcelr8
05-31-2014, 09:58 AM
more like wannabe gta 4. and gta 4 still better in every way and it came out 6 years ago.

very sad stuff

This.

I haven't touched this game since I made that post a few days ago about how much I dislike it. I am even contemplating selling this game at GameStop for $30. Sure, I'll lose $30+ I invested into it, but it's better than letting this shit collect dust forever now on my gaming shelf.
This shit doesn't deserve sitting on my gaming shelf, anyway. At least not next to the likes of GTA V, GTA IV, NBA 2K13, Batman: Arkham City, etc.

Even with all that said, I can't help but feel I should at least finish the story first. I want to get something out of this game instead of nothing, you know?

MP.Trey
05-31-2014, 10:29 AM
Only played for an hour on launch day and never had the urge to pick it back up. Reading some of the negative or neutral reviews isn't helping either. Going to try to get some in today though, slightly hungover and going to smoke some kush, drink some ice water and game on all day probably. :cheers:

KingMillions
05-31-2014, 11:29 AM
Only played for an hour on launch day and never had the urge to pick it back up. Reading some of the negative or neutral reviews isn't helping either. Going to try to get some in today though, slightly hungover and going to smoke some kush, drink some ice water and game on all day probably. :cheers:

You lucky with that kush. Enjoy brother.

rhythmic
05-31-2014, 02:37 PM
that bad?

No, its not that bad.
It's a good game overall, has nice concepts and is nice graphically.
But it's no where near a AAA game and is very overrated. It's definitely not better than GTA 5 or even Sleeping Dogs. It's on par with Saints Row 3, maybe slightly better. But I'm invested in The Show & FIFA 14 right now, so I didn't have the urge to spend 50+ hours playing this game. I pre-ordered it, so I had to grab it. If I didn't, I probably wouldn't have picked it up after reading the poor reviews.

It's a 7.5/10 game, maybe an 8/10.
So many glitches, unreal.

Rose
05-31-2014, 03:57 PM
No, its not that bad.
It's a good game overall, has nice concepts and is nice graphically.
But it's no where near a AAA game and is very overrated. It's definitely not better than GTA 5 or even Sleeping Dogs. It's on par with Saints Row 3, maybe slightly better. But I'm invested in The Show & FIFA 14 right now, so I didn't have the urge to spend 50+ hours playing this game. I pre-ordered it, so I had to grab it. If I didn't, I probably wouldn't have picked it up after reading the poor reviews.

It's a 7.5/10 game, maybe an 8/10.
So many glitches, unreal.
:oldlol:

Mr Exlax
05-31-2014, 09:56 PM
I played online today. It was 4 vs 4 and it was beyond fun! I don't know what these people keep talking about overhyped. They marketed the game to get people to buy it. It was on my radar but I never really anticipate any game.

Shade8780
06-06-2014, 03:14 PM
Anyone still playing? :oldlol: I haven't played it in a few days since finishing Act I, and don't really feel like playing it either.

TheReal Kendall
06-06-2014, 06:27 PM
Anyone still playing? :oldlol: I haven't played it in a few days since finishing Act I, and don't really feel like playing it either.

I have played it but I haven't any games lately though

GOBB
06-06-2014, 07:16 PM
Game trash. GTA 5 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

TheReal Kendall
06-06-2014, 07:59 PM
Game trash. GTA 5 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It's not GTA 5 but it's not trash either. Stop the hate bro

Ai2death
06-06-2014, 10:04 PM
I will be playing it again tonight, haven't played any games lately lol

lilgodfather1
06-06-2014, 10:13 PM
I beat it today. The story NEVER gets better... Seriously I kept waiting to care about the characters, but nope.

The overall gameplay is fantastic though. I think i will try and get a second play done before tlou remastered.

Edit: seriously horrible character development. I understand what Dedsec is, but it never delves into them, and if I am being honest the main villain doesn't make a ton of sense. So he wants revenge on AP because he funked up a job. I don't mean Aiden did, I mean the villain did. Really?

CarlosBoozer
06-07-2014, 11:46 PM
:durantunimpressed:

Ai2death
06-09-2014, 06:06 PM
Haven't finished it and unsure of how much there is left, I felt the story does pick up after act 1, waiting for it to pick up a bit more as it's still not great.

There are some amazing missions, best so far was the shoot out and escape from the motel

Yeah, there is some glitches and stuff, but i still rate it around an 8/10.

Andrei89
06-12-2014, 09:04 PM
Tried it finally on my new PC.

I expected it to be bad, on the contrary, I enjoy playing it very much.

Played around 2 hours, storyline picks up, missions are great, upgrades are great.

The graphics are great and so is the city. Vehicles feel realistic.

I think I might play this game until I finish the campaign.

Thorpesaurous
06-17-2014, 09:34 AM
I gave it another shot this past weekend. I putzed around doing some side stuff, and then got horribly stuck trying to complete a criminal convoy mission called "stuck in the loop". I found a nice trap for the convoy, but there's two guys that I apparently have to just knock down, not kill, and it's a massive pain in my ass. I'm not sure I'm gonna make it much further.

Shade8780
06-17-2014, 05:38 PM
I gave it another shot this past weekend. I putzed around doing some side stuff, and then got horribly stuck trying to complete a criminal convoy mission called "stuck in the loop". I found a nice trap for the convoy, but there's two guys that I apparently have to just knock down, not kill, and it's a massive pain in my ass. I'm not sure I'm gonna make it much further.
I remember that shit :lol

Haven't played this game in weeks. Been anticipating EA UFC for a while now, can't wait to get it.

Andrei89
06-21-2014, 07:05 PM

I finished that one after the third attempt.

Craft as many focus pills as possible...hide behind the car and own!

Ai2death
07-22-2014, 04:06 AM
Finished it a few weeks ago. Not a bad game. Not the best. But I enjoyed it.