PDA

View Full Version : Watching Utah for the 1st time this season and man Hayward can ball

sportsfan76
03-08-2014, 10:25 PM
That dude has a nice handle, good passer, has a nice jumpshot, and has some moves around the basket.

Please tell me the Jazz has plans on keeping this guy because he is legit. I am impressed at how he runs the breaks and find the open man

shmozzle
03-08-2014, 10:43 PM
That dude has a nice handle, good passer, has a nice jumpshot, and has some moves around the basket.

Please tell me the Jazz has plans on keeping this guy because he is legit. I am impressed at how he runs the breaks and find the open man

Our GM has said he won't be going anywhere. He has been a little disappointing at times this season, but he definitely brings a lot to the team, especially when his shot is falling.

My fave player tbh.

JimmyMcAdocious
03-08-2014, 10:46 PM
How have Favors and Kanter looked this year? I know Burke is playing well. Or was last time I saw him play and checked his stats.

shmozzle
03-08-2014, 10:56 PM
How have Favors and Kanter looked this year? I know Burke is playing well. Or was last time I saw him play and checked his stats.

They've both been great at times this season.

Favors has probably been one of our most consistent players i just feel he still lacks energy or drive or something at times, but imo he is a bargain with his contract.

Kanter still has so much to learn, but the encouraging thing is you can see him improving steadily as the season goes on. his offense is looking like it will be very good and is already putting up good numbers when given the chance. It's his defense that will determine how far he can go in this league, he looks totally lost at times, but always looks like he is willing to put the effort in and i think it will come.

cos88
03-08-2014, 11:00 PM
seventyshiters

Brokenbeat
03-08-2014, 11:00 PM

Kanter lost the starting gig to Marvin Williams, lol. I think Favors was playing well before he got hurt though. Anyway, the Jazz should've locked up Hayward with an extension when they had a chance. Probably going to cost em more to match now. :hammerhead:

red1
03-08-2014, 11:03 PM
for the 1st AND the last time

Pushxx
03-08-2014, 11:07 PM
Hayward is skilled, but he has shot poorly this season.

He will get overpaid by a large margin. He has a winning personality, though. I like watching him.

Xiao Yao You
03-08-2014, 11:17 PM

They plan on it. Just hope they don't overpay to do so.

I know Burke is playing well. Or was last time I saw him play and checked his stats.

He does some things well. He likes to shoot and hasn't shot great. Defensively he's getting torched nightly. He doesn't turnover the ball and is clutch though.

Favors has probably been one of our most consistent players i just feel he still lacks energy or drive or something at times, but imo he is a bargain with his contract.

Not sure about that. Considering he's supposed to be getting paid because of defense and he hasn't been that great defensively.

the Jazz should've locked up Hayward with an extension when they had a chance. Probably going to cost em more to match now.

Not if the price was as high as reported. Best case is they front load his contract and overpay him next year when they have the money like Millsap's last contract.

Burks is going to have to get paid and possibly Kanter after next year if they think he and Favors can play together.

shmozzle
03-08-2014, 11:25 PM
Not sure about that. Considering he's supposed to be getting paid because of defense and he hasn't been that great defensively.

The jazz are just a bad defensive team.

Xiao Yao You
03-08-2014, 11:38 PM
The jazz are just a bad defensive team.

Yes and he's a huge part of it as the anchor.

JGXEN
03-08-2014, 11:38 PM
i bet he's gonna get a $11m/y contract or something during this off season

shmozzle
03-08-2014, 11:45 PM
Yes and he's a huge part of it as the anchor.

There's only so much he can do when the jazz are giving up easy penetration to every opposing guard.

Xiao Yao You
03-08-2014, 11:52 PM
http://saltcityhoops.com/derrick-favors-defensive-issues/

As this article says plenty of it is on him.

mrpibb
03-09-2014, 12:21 AM
http://saltcityhoops.com/derrick-favors-defensive-issues/

As this article says plenty of it is on him.

The Jazz are 6 ppg better defensively when Favors is on the floor.

Xiao Yao You
03-09-2014, 12:54 AM
The Jazz are 6 ppg better defensively when Favors is on the floor.

Yes they are better with him but he hasn't been the elite defender he's been advertised as and which they supposedly threw 40 whatever million at.

BlackVVaves
03-09-2014, 01:06 AM
Yes they are better with him but he hasn't been the elite defender he's been advertised as and which they supposedly threw 40 whatever million at.

This.

andremiller07
03-09-2014, 06:38 AM
Hopefully Rudy Gay opts out and the Kings offer Hayward the 52-56million they were trying to waste on Iggy. Love his game and talent honestly if he played on a better team people would be rating him as high If not higher than Chandler Parsons.

Xiao Yao You
03-09-2014, 08:00 AM
Hopefully Rudy Gay opts out and the Kings offer Hayward the 52-56million they were trying to waste on Iggy. Love his game and talent honestly if he played on a better team people would be rating him as high If not higher than Chandler Parsons.

There's no doubt he's a player and every team in the league would love to have him. No way I want to give him that kind of money unless it is front loaded though. Jazz have the money to overpay him next year like Portland did with Millsap's contract which had a 10 million signing bonus that the Jazz had to take out a bank loan to match. Millsap had one of the best contracts in the league after the initial hit though. Give the Jazz the flexibility to sign Burks and possibly Kanter if they keep him next year.

ImKobe
03-09-2014, 08:02 AM
Hayward is skilled, but he has shot poorly this season.

He will get overpaid by a large margin. He has a winning personality, though. I like watching him.

This.

mrpibb
03-11-2014, 11:15 AM

6 ppg is a lot. It drops them from giving up 103ppg (terrible) to 97ppg (league average).

3peated
03-11-2014, 11:18 AM
he also is a nerd and has streamed himself playing SC2/league of legends