PDA

View Full Version : Does Chicago have a better chance at beating Miami in the playoffs this year?

Mr Exlax
03-09-2014, 04:08 PM
I didn't catch the game but I see Chicago has beaten Miami in a regular season game again. Bulls fans are you more hopeful that they can beat Miami in the playoffs now? Was there anything different about this game as far as game planning and all that shit?

aj1987
03-09-2014, 04:11 PM
LOL! No.

Qwyjibo
03-09-2014, 04:13 PM
No.

LeGOAT
Same shit different year. Heat in 5

Black and White
If they beat them it will go or 7 games, there is a chance, because they get physical, but the Pacers are the real threat to the Heat.

Mr Exlax
LOL! No.

Oh ok. So it's just the same way it's been for the last 2 seasons? Chicago beats Miami in a regular season game and Ish goes batshit crazy.

smoovegittar
03-09-2014, 04:14 PM
I don't see it happening. But a good series without a doubt.

nathanjizzle
03-09-2014, 04:15 PM
if rose comes back then yes.

Mr Exlax
If they beat them it will go or 7 games, there is a chance, because they get physical, but the Pacers are the real threat to the Heat.

Pacers are my pick to beat them this season. I been saying it for like 3 years lol. This year for sure though.

Legends66NBA7
Not enough offense. They played amazing defense today and will continue to do so, but they can't afford to keep going on droughts for them to win a potential 7 games series.

LeGOAT
03-09-2014, 04:16 PM
:oldlol:

HomieWeMajor
03-09-2014, 04:16 PM
Bulls can phuck Mami Missionary style but when they try to turn it over and hit it doggystyle they don't have enough length to reach the punani. Shout out to the ni99as who can hit it from back to front
http://images.wildammo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Boozer.gif

Black and White
03-09-2014, 04:17 PM
Pacers are my pick to beat them this season. I been saying it for like 3 years lol. This year for sure though.

This year it will happen, they have been getting closer every year, the Pacers are my pick to win it all

salwan
03-09-2014, 04:17 PM
heat in 5/6

ImKobe
03-09-2014, 04:18 PM
They definitely have an outside shot, there's no one on Miami to stop Noah from getting his & Augustin/Hinrich > Chalmers/Cole

If they can contain Lebron like they did today, they have a shot.

aj1987
03-09-2014, 04:19 PM
Oh ok. So it's just the same way it's been for the last 2 seasons? Chicago beats Miami in a regular season game and Ish goes batshit crazy.
Remember '11? The Bulls kicked out ass in the RS. 3-0. Playoffs? Even with Wade playing like garbage, we took a huge dump on them. Went 2-2 last season and kicked their butts. If anyone thinks that the Bulls actually have a chance, they haven't been watching basketball for too long or are just idiots.

You can contain LeBron for a game or two. What about the rest. He's gonna adapt and destroy the Bulls in other ways.

HoopsFanNumero1
03-09-2014, 04:21 PM

Who?

nathanjizzle
03-09-2014, 04:22 PM
Who?

Derrick Rose

LosBulls
03-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Nah, don't think so but its not impossible. Bulls have a lot of heart so there IS a possibility but the odds are against them.

navy
03-09-2014, 04:53 PM
They have no chance. Getting to Game 6 would be an accomplishment.

aj1987
03-09-2014, 05:02 PM
Nah, don't think so but its not impossible. Bulls have a lot of heart so there IS a possibility but the odds are against them.
Having "heart" is soooo overrated. Nate Robinson has a LOT of heat, but he'd get SMASHED in a 1-on-1 with Kobe. Noah has a ton of Heart, but Shaq would take a massive dump on him if they faced off.

nathanjizzle
03-09-2014, 05:07 PM
Having "heart" is soooo overrated. Nate Robinson has a LOT of heat, but he'd get SMASHED in a 1-on-1 with Kobe. Noah has a ton of Heart, but Shaq would take a massive dump on him if they faced off.

youre wrong. motivation can outbeat talent.

Crafty
03-09-2014, 05:09 PM
Long answer: Chicago never had a losing record against the Heat in the Regular Season for the past 4 years.
2-8 in the Playoffs.

Short answer: No.

aj1987
03-09-2014, 05:22 PM
youre wrong. motivation can outbeat talent.
That's what coaches tell to losers when they're getting their asses kicked by talented teams.

Black and White
03-09-2014, 05:24 PM
That's what coaches tell to losers when they're getting their asses kicked by talented teams.

While a lot of the time talent beats motivation, you have to admit sometimes it can go the other way, see the 2011 Mavs

navy
03-09-2014, 05:27 PM
While a lot of the time talent beats motivation, you have to admit sometimes it can go the other way, see the 2011 Mavs
lol, no. Dirk and Terry went beast mode. They werent scrubs.

aj1987
03-09-2014, 05:28 PM
The Mav's weren't talented? They were an extremely well rounded team, with their superstar playing great. Also, if it wasn't for a certain someone choking, the Heat would've won it. As I said, having "heart" is overrated as hell.

Eric Cartman
03-09-2014, 05:30 PM
Heat in the playoffs is a total different team. At best Chicago could win 2 games against them.

nathanjizzle
03-09-2014, 05:34 PM

bulls beat the nets last year in the playoffs. bulls were more motivated to win when it was clear the nets had more talent.

Eric Cartman
03-09-2014, 05:38 PM
bulls beat the nets last year in the playoffs. bulls were more motivated to win when it was clear the nets had more talent.

Joe Johnson

aj1987
03-09-2014, 05:40 PM
The Bulls were a beast defensive team. They even won a game against Miami. It wasn't an upset at all. I did expect them to win in 6 against the New Jersey Scrubs. The Nets were horrible, with a worse bench.

K Xerxes
03-09-2014, 05:40 PM
Na, this current team can't beat the Heat 4/7 times in the playoffs. Bron isn't going to suck for 4 games and Bosh/Wade only need to show up a bit to overcome our anaemic offense. It's arguably the most enthralling playoff matchup though, save maybe Heat-Spurs. Intensity is ridiculous.

Mr Exlax
03-09-2014, 06:01 PM
Did Oden get in there at all? I thought he'd help out a ton against a team like Chicago. I bet Noah was having a field day on them hoes.

aj1987
03-09-2014, 06:03 PM
Did Oden get in there at all? I thought he'd help out a ton against a team like Chicago. I bet Noah was having a field day on them hoes.
He did, but was pretty useless. He needs more minutes to develop his game, if he's gonna be effective.

HylianNightmare
03-09-2014, 06:16 PM
push them yes, but not beat them. 6 games max

poido123
03-09-2014, 07:40 PM
We are a very slight chance to cause an upset.

Butler gives Lebron all types of problems(best defender on Lebron along with Leonard). Causes him to pass the ball off alot or force up a contested jumpshot.

If Bulls were to win the series, one or two of the shooters would need to be red hot for a whole series, Noah would have to be at his best, Gibson would need to be consistent, and Augustin would need to be a steady source of offense as well.

It's possible but unlikely.

longtime lurker
03-09-2014, 07:56 PM
No chance at all.

All Net
03-10-2014, 03:19 AM
not a chance...hard work only gets you so far in the playoffs.

oarabbus
03-10-2014, 03:24 AM

yeah you keep telling yourself that...

aj1987
03-10-2014, 04:33 AM
We are a very slight chance to cause an upset.

Butler gives Lebron all types of problems(best defender on Lebron along with Leonard). Causes him to pass the ball off alot or force up a contested jumpshot.

If Bulls were to win the series, one or two of the shooters would need to be red hot for a whole series, Noah would have to be at his best, Gibson would need to be consistent, and Augustin would need to be a steady source of offense as well.

It's possible but unlikely.
Is it possible that Kobe has a resurgence and comes back to average 30+ PPG for the next 6 seasons and win 4 rings, 4 FMVP's, and 4 MVP's? Yes. Is it gonna happen though? Hell no!

not a chance...hard work only gets you so far in the playoffs.
This. I don't understand why people overrate "heart" so much.

tragicbronson
03-10-2014, 04:39 AM
Is it possible that Kobe has a resurgence and comes back to average 30+ PPG for the next 6 seasons and win 4 rings, 4 FMVP's, and 4 MVP's? Yes. Is it gonna happen though? Hell no!

This. I don't understand why people overrate "heart" so much.

Because you've never play basketball and don't know how it can impact and motivate the whole team and everybody around when you see someone give everything they can and have and even more than that just to win. :confusedshrug:

BigTicket
03-10-2014, 04:50 AM
Chicago has no chance in a 7 game series unless the Lebron or Wade get injured.

Still, it would be a hard fought win for Miami, so I'm sure they are hoping that Toronto can hang on to that 3rd place.

JohnFreeman
03-10-2014, 04:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V3CfD8TPac

aj1987
03-10-2014, 05:00 AM
Because you've never play basketball and don't know how it can impact and motivate the whole team and everybody around when you see someone give everything they can and have and even more than that just to win. :confusedshrug:
The Bobcats call all have the "hearts" of lions or whatever, but they are aren't gonna beat Miami in a Playoff series. Skill >>>>> heart.

You're an absolute idiot if you believe otherwise, or you just aren't skilled enough and people praise you for your "heart" to make you feel better.

Warfan
03-10-2014, 05:01 AM
If they push them to 6 that's definitely an accomplishment, either way its gonna be an intense and physical series, maybe put James on his ass again...Cant wait :rockon:

tragicbronson
03-10-2014, 05:14 AM
The Bobcats call all have the "hearts" of lions or whatever, but they are aren't gonna beat Miami in a Playoff series. Skill >>>>> heart.

You're an absolute idiot if you believe otherwise, or you just aren't skilled enough and people praise you for your "heart" to make you feel better.

I don't believe that heart is more important than skill but you know that one: "Hardwork beats talent when talen't doesn't work hard." I believe that heart is very important and can't be measured through stats but often means difference bewteen win and lose.

And yes, people praise me for my heart, often tell me that it is rare to see someone who plays with as much heart as i do, and i think heart and it's meaning in terms of basketball presents the same to you as it does to me. When i outrebound someone who is way taller just because i wanted it more, or win 50-50 situations, hustle. These are the first that come to my mind but i would include hitting tough shots, be competitive, being clutch. All these things are connected with term "heart" in my opinion. I really admire skill and you can't be a basketball player without prime skill but there are other ways to win and be better and prove that skill can be beaten.

PsychoBe
03-10-2014, 05:57 AM
the moment when noah guarded bran on an island and the fans stood up cheering, and when bran tried to drive and then noah cut him off, causing bran to back up, while noah literally clapped his hands and screamed "come on" and then contested bran's jumper and made him brick it, was absolutely inspiring. i love it when fans cheer for passionate defense. it's beautiful to watch.

russwest0
03-10-2014, 06:04 AM
Noah is what, 6'11 with a 7'1 wingspan?

Not really elite measurables making his defense that much more impressive compared to someone like Hibbert who is 7'2 with a 7'5 wingspan.

russwest0
03-10-2014, 06:05 AM
They definitely have an outside shot, there's no one on Miami to stop Noah from getting his & Augustin/Hinrich > Chalmers/Cole

Bron was just tired from that 61pt game. I wouldn't get my hopes up if I was Chicago.

aj1987
03-10-2014, 06:20 AM
I don't believe that heart is more important than skill but you know that one: "Hardwork beats talent when talen't doesn't work hard." I believe that heart is very important and can't be measured through stats but often means difference bewteen win and lose.
As I said, the Bobcats/Bulls could have all the heart in the world, but they aren't beating the Heat.

I used to play on a team (not basketball...a couple of other sports) which was above average-good. When we played scrub teams, people used to say that those scrubs have a LOT of heart and other nonsense, when they were getting destroyed by us.

Who would stop Wade and Bosh? No one can "contain" LeBron like the Bulls did today (he missed a shitload of jumpers) in a 7 game series. The Bulls have as much chance of beating the Heat as I do of winning the mega million.

poido123
03-10-2014, 07:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V3CfD8TPac

:applause:

:roll: :roll:

poido123
03-10-2014, 07:14 AM
As I said, the Bobcats/Bulls could have all the heart in the world, but they aren't beating the Heat.

I used to play on a team (not basketball...a couple of other sports) which was above average-good. When we played scrub teams, people used to say that those scrubs have a LOT of heart and other nonsense, when they were getting destroyed by us.

Who would stop Wade and Bosh? No one can "contain" LeBron like the Bulls did today (he missed a shitload of jumpers) in a 7 game series. The Bulls have as much chance of beating the Heat as I do of winning the mega million.

I'm sure a lot of people suspected that the Pistons were in over their heads against the offensive juggernaut of the Lakers in '04, but they proved that they wanted it more and won the series in 5.

I think it's foolish to rule out any team that's disciplined and have an elite coach and defense.

:confusedshrug:

aj1987
03-10-2014, 07:33 AM
I'm sure a lot of people suspected that the Pistons were in over their heads against the offensive juggernaut of the Lakers in '04, but they proved that they wanted it more and won the series in 5.
Karl Malone and Payton were injured and Kobe tried to win it by himself and chucked the Lakers out of the series. Kobe defers to Shaq just a bit more and the results would've been different. The '04 Pistons were elite defensive at all 5 positions as well. They allowed 84.3 points per game and won 54. Are you seriously comparing the '04 Pistons to the '14 Bulls?

I think it's foolish to rule out any team that's disciplined and have an elite coach and defense.

:confusedshrug:
Where are they gonna get the offense from? The Bulls might be a well coached elite defensive team, but Miami is elite offensively and defensively. Have you forgotten how Miami kinda turns up its defense in the playoffs? Let me refresh your memory. Miami went from the 9th best defensive team in the RS to the 4th best defensive team in the Playoffs last season. We also were the best offensive team. How can the current Bulls beat the Heat, if they couldn't with MVP Rose?

So yeah. There is literally 0% chance that the Bulls are beating the Heat in the Playoffs.

poido123
03-10-2014, 07:53 AM
Karl Malone and Payton were injured and Kobe tried to win it by himself and chucked the Lakers out of the series. Kobe defers to Shaq just a bit more and the results would've been different. The '04 Pistons were elite defensive at all 5 positions as well. They allowed 84.3 points per game and won 54. Are you seriously comparing the '04 Pistons to the '14 Bulls?

Where are they gonna get the offense from? The Bulls might be a well coached elite defensive team, but Miami is elite offensively and defensively. Have you forgotten how Miami kinda turns up its defense in the playoffs? Let me refresh your memory. Miami went from the 9th best defensive team in the RS to the 4th best defensive team in the Playoffs last season. We also were the best offensive team. How can the current Bulls beat the Heat, if they couldn't with MVP Rose?

So yeah. There is literally 0% chance that the Bulls are beating the Heat in the Playoffs.

But still, they had Kobe and Shaq and a decent supporting cast. The Lakers were heavy, heavy favourites to beat the Pistons. And well, Payton choked, Malone was injured for that series, but still a very strong team...Anything can happen to the Heat, Lebron can be locked up by Butler, Wade can continue to play ordinary against us, Bosh goes missing, and the role players aren't hitting their threes...

The Bulls offense isn't as robotic and dysfunctional as Bulls teams from years past. Key players have improved offensively and we have added some shooters to this team, something we haven't had before, one of Heat's big weaknesses..

You might point to what has happened in the past, but then you would be comparing teams that aren't the same. The Heat will be going for yet another deep playoff run. When you look back in history, not many teams have had success 4 years straight. This is mainly due to other teams adjusting and more hungry and burnout.

aj1987
03-10-2014, 08:30 AM
But still, they had Kobe and Shaq and a decent supporting cast. The Lakers were heavy, heavy favourites to beat the Pistons. And well, Payton choked, Malone was injured for that series, but still a very strong team...Anything can happen to the Heat, Lebron can be locked up by Butler, Wade can continue to play ordinary against us, Bosh goes missing, and the role players aren't hitting their threes...
The Lakers weren't "heavy heavy" favorites. They were favorites, but the Pistons were NOT a bad team by any means. They weren't even average. They were an ELITE team, something which the current Bulls are not.
:roll: @ Butler locking up Bron in a series. Even the last game, Butler had like 3-4 good defensive plays on LeBron nothing more. Dude's jump shots was off and he didn't even try to drive. He was forcing his jumper. Bosh and Wade won't go missing for a whole series as well. If Miami's offense is stagnant, we've got Beasley coming of the bench and Cole and Dumbmers to hit those open 3's. Then there's Ray Allen and Battier.

The Bulls offense isn't as robotic and dysfunctional as Bulls teams from years past. Key players have improved offensively and we have added some shooters to this team, something we haven't had before, one of Heat's big weaknesses..
Dude, you guys are ****ing 29th in the league in offensive rating. Just stop it.

You might point to what has happened in the past, but then you would be comparing teams that aren't the same. The Heat will be going for yet another deep playoff run. When you look back in history, not many teams have had success 4 years straight. This is mainly due to other teams adjusting and more hungry and burnout.
You guys have pretty much the same roster as last year (you did lose a "scorer" in Nate). Games 2 & 4?
Are you actually thinking that the Heat will face the Bulls in the ECF? :oldlol:
Sorry to break it to you, but you guys are gone in either the first of second round. You're overestimating a 45 win team.

xoracle55
03-10-2014, 08:47 AM
So the bulls won a game and Poido is back at it again...:oldlol:

poido123
03-10-2014, 08:52 AM
The Lakers weren't "heavy heavy" favorites. They were favorites, but the Pistons were NOT a bad team by any means. They weren't even average. They were an ELITE team, something which the current Bulls are not.
:roll: @ Butler locking up Bron in a series. Even the last game, Butler had like 3-4 good defensive plays on LeBron nothing more. Dude's jump shots was off and he didn't even try to drive. He was forcing his jumper. Bosh and Wade won't go missing for a whole series as well. If Miami's offense is stagnant, we've got Beasley coming of the bench and Cole and Dumbmers to hit those open 3's. Then there's Ray Allen and Battier.

Dude, you guys are ****ing 29th in the league in offensive rating. Just stop it.

You guys have pretty much the same roster as last year (you did lose a "scorer" in Nate). Games 2 & 4?
Are you actually thinking that the Heat will face the Bulls in the ECF? :oldlol:
Sorry to break it to you, but you guys are gone in either the first of second round. You're overestimating a 45 win team.

If it helps you sleep better at night thinking we have zero chance, well then go right ahead.

We have a great future ahead of us, next year and beyond things are looking good for us

jzek
03-10-2014, 08:56 AM
No. The same thing has happened since 2010 - Bulls always wins their regular season match up against the Heat but always fall short in the playoffs (where it matters).

Bulls can have their regular season wins. Miami will get theirs in the playoffs.

JohnFreeman
03-10-2014, 08:57 AM
:applause:

:roll: :roll:
:pimp:

aj1987
03-10-2014, 08:58 AM
If it helps you sleep better at night thinking we have zero chance, well then go right ahead.
Not really. I sleep just fine. Since you seemed a bit delusional, I wanted to help you out.

We have a great future ahead of us, next year and beyond things are looking good for us
Once Rose comes back and you guys sign Melo, we can talk about the Bulls beating the Heat in the Playoffs (or if LeBron bolts).

Marlo_Stanfield
03-10-2014, 09:06 AM

keep telling yourself that. after all, you do it every year:roll: :roll: :roll:

poido123
03-10-2014, 09:16 AM
Not really. I sleep just fine. Since you seemed a bit delusional, I wanted to help you out.

Once Rose comes back and you guys sign Melo, we can talk about the Bulls beating the Heat in the Playoffs (or if LeBron bolts).

I am an optimist. I like to see the possibilities, rather than what cannot be done. You might call it delusional, but fans can often be a little delusional when it comes to their team. It wouldn't be the first time :oldlol:

Yes there is Melo, but I'm really excited to have Mirotic next year if he decides to come over. Plus our draft picks, which we are one of the best organisations at drafting talent.

I look forward to the post-Boozer era :D

Hollowman
03-10-2014, 10:44 AM
I see Mike Wilbon is getting excited over the prospect of another Heat/Bulls playoff matchup after yesterday. :oldlol:

Seriously though, Heat in 5 if they do again.

Miami threw away that 4th Q yesterday, credit to the Bulls for playing well but still it was Miami's to take and they didn't. Won't happen again.

pegasus
03-10-2014, 10:57 AM
We'd need to remain healthy and get Rose back, even if it's for 20 minutes a game, to even have a chance. Miami can easily lose one of their big-3 to an injury and still be the favorites against anyone in the league. They are the Agents of S.T.A.C.K.E.D.

TheMan
03-10-2014, 11:24 AM
We won't beat the Heat but we can push them to 6 games. We still need more offense, even if Rose comes back strong, another scorer (like Melo) would certainly help our chances going foward.

Glide2keva
03-10-2014, 11:33 AM
No. Next question.

DuMa
03-10-2014, 11:47 AM
http://cdn.niketalk.com/1/16/164d263f_ibxFWGla38dwbC.gif

SexSymbol
03-10-2014, 12:39 PM
That's because nobody has more heart than Kobe lol.
Dude never gives up

davehos
03-10-2014, 01:06 PM
I didn't catch the game but I see Chicago has beaten Miami in a regular season game again. Bulls fans are you more hopeful that they can beat Miami in the playoffs now? Was there anything different about this game as far as game planning and all that shit?

Yes they do. They've learned to play without Derrick Rose.