PDA

View Full Version : Mar. 9-- Kings at Nets.

It's A VC3!!!
03-09-2014, 06:47 PM
Game is going on right now. In the second quarter.

AirTupac
03-09-2014, 06:47 PM
lol

It's A VC3!!!
03-09-2014, 06:54 PM
Pretty good job by the Nets right now. Mirza having a good game right now.

Olacinco
03-09-2014, 07:01 PM
Brooooooooklyn :bowdown:

niko
03-09-2014, 07:01 PM
Tanking time makes for some horrible games... I'm not watching but let me guess, 31-17 after 1?

Olacinco
03-09-2014, 07:04 PM
Tanking time makes for some horrible games... I'm not watching but let me guess, 31-17 after 1?

STFU Niko u kno u looked at the score than adjusted 2-3:facepalm

It's A VC3!!!
03-09-2014, 07:07 PM

A lot closer than it should be. Nets were up by 16 then started taking some bad shots and it's now an 11 point lead. Nets could have been up by 20 + but nonetheless, a good half.

It's A VC3!!!
03-09-2014, 07:10 PM
Nets lack of care to rebound keeping the Kings in this game. Nets up by only 9 at the half. Should and could have been up by 20. Anyways, need to play better in the 2nd half.

smoovegittar
03-09-2014, 07:36 PM
:sleeping

It's A VC3!!!
03-09-2014, 07:59 PM
Thornton with 15 straight points again. Damn this guy is so streaky. When he's hot it's over.

niko
03-09-2014, 08:22 PM
STFU Niko u kno u looked at the score than adjusted 2-3:facepalm
There was no reason the Nets shouldn't win this game, there a better team, they care, the Kings don't. The only way the Nets lose this game was if the Kings were uber hot OR the Nets just had their occasional very flat performance.

JohnFreeman
03-09-2014, 08:26 PM
Great game from Boogie, can't say I care we lost

Olacinco
03-09-2014, 08:28 PM
Marcus Thornton 6th man of the year? :confusedshrug:

JohnFreeman
03-09-2014, 08:29 PM
Marcus Thornton 6th man of the year? :confusedshrug:
no..

Olacinco
03-09-2014, 08:31 PM
no..

Why not he's straight beastin. And he taking this whole winning thing seriously...

Kings really let go of something special...

It's A VC3!!!
03-09-2014, 08:38 PM
no..
He is averaging 15 PPG off the bench. I say he has a very valid case. He's done it in less games but definitely a great sixth man. Take away his two lowest scoring games with us and he's averaging like 23 PPG.

niko
03-09-2014, 08:44 PM
He is averaging 15 PPG off the bench. I say he has a very valid case. He's done it in less games but definitely a great sixth man. Take away his two lowest scoring games with us and he's averaging like 23 PPG.
Very valid case for what? It's literally like 5,6 good games off the bench, you want to take those five games and give him the award for the whole season?

JohnFreeman
03-09-2014, 08:46 PM
You cannot win it this late in the year, dude was trash on the Kings

niko
03-09-2014, 09:07 PM
He's not even the best candidate on the Nets, that would be Blatche.

andremiller07
03-09-2014, 09:18 PM
Man watching the effort of a team like the Bulls compared to the Kings is sad sight.

We got three guys putting up and gunning for empty stats while the rest of the guy's quit on the team cause they are not involved and honestly I can't blame them I would do the same thing.

Legends66NBA7
03-09-2014, 09:54 PM
What's the word on Pierce ?

It's the same injury from last year, right ? Is he out for tomorrow's game ?

Olacinco
03-09-2014, 09:59 PM

Don't worry about it, cuz your craptors gunna get merked either way :yaohappy:

It's A VC3!!!
03-09-2014, 10:02 PM

Likely going to be out. Nets don't care where they end up in the playoffs so not going to risk him playing with no days rest in between. Seeding going to remain constant with only exception being that Nets will sneak into 5th. Maybe if we were one or two games behind 3rd or 4th he would play but not even worth it.

AK did say after tonight's win that tomorrow was a big game considering last time the Nets "gave the Raptors a gift".:lol

It's A VC3!!!
03-09-2014, 10:06 PM

He needed to be around veterans to hold him accountable. You can tell from his post-game interviews that he wants to be here.

He is a keeper going forward and at 26, can only improve. Definitely happy about that. He is super streaky but anytime you have a bench player averaging 14 PPG you have to be happy.

It's A VC3!!!
03-09-2014, 10:08 PM
Don't worry about it, cuz your craptors gunna get merked either way :yaohappy:

Stop it. The Raptors are a very good team. A lot of this is hinging on Lowry's contract year but I have no reason to believe that he can't play like this for another five years. With another piece or two they can seriously make some noise in the playoffs. This season's Raptors are not deserving of the title "Craptors" whatsoever.

Olacinco
03-09-2014, 10:13 PM
Stop it. The Raptors are a very good team. A lot of this is hinging on Lowry's contract year but I have no reason to believe that he can't play like this for another five years. With another piece or two they can seriously make some noise in the playoffs. This season's Raptors are not deserving of the title "Craptors" whatsoever.

They're literally all scrubs except Lowry.. Every time they played us it's been off a back to back
1 was after the 3OT win vs. Miami...

Besides those wins they had vs Indy early in the year they havnt done one thing impressive

Literally the worst franchise of all time :oldlol:

Legends66NBA7
03-09-2014, 10:14 PM
Likely going to be out. Nets don't care where they end up in the playoffs so not going to risk him playing with no days rest in between. Seeding going to remain constant with only exception being that Nets will sneak into 5th. Maybe if we were one or two games behind 3rd or 4th he would play but not even worth it.

AK did say after tonight's win that tomorrow was a big game considering last time the Nets "gave the Raptors a gift".:lol

Well, I know they think it's a big game. Blatche and Terry even said so last time.

No Patrick Patterson for the Raptors, out with an elbow injury.

andremiller07
03-09-2014, 10:15 PM
He needed to be around veterans to hold him accountable. You can tell from his post-game interviews that he wants to be here.

He is a keeper going forward and at 26, can only improve. Definitely happy about that. He is super streaky but anytime you have a bench player averaging 14 PPG you have to be happy.
No he needed to go to any team where he was allowed to jack up shots, the Kings wanted him to defend and stand and watch Cuz/Gay/IT, he quit on the team and now he's got a fresh start and when the Nets stop allowing him eventully to jack up shots he will quit on them as well.

Olacinco
03-09-2014, 10:19 PM
No he needed to go to any team where he was allowed to jack up shots, the Kings wanted him to defend and stand and watch Cuz/Gay/IT, he quit on the team and now he's got a fresh start and when the Nets stop allowing him eventully to jack up shots he will quit on them as well.

Lmaoooooo the new big three :bowdown:

:lol

Legends66NBA7
03-09-2014, 10:24 PM

We don't have many outside the circle of Raptor fans who think this team is legit good. Lot of us are questioning it ourselves, but like you said if we ever do add some more pieces, we can be a contender one day. This is a pretty scrappy team already. I think we need a legit low post scorer (which to me isn't consistent enough) in the future, but keep the current core of young players right now.

Anyways, tomorrow should be fun. Should be 1 of 3 games everyone's looking at.

33teeth
03-09-2014, 10:31 PM

This is reality. He's effective as a scorer if allowed to fire at will. If not... pretty useless and his attitude goes bad.

niko
03-09-2014, 10:41 PM
Nets are sheet on back to back. If they are missing pieces Toronto is a better pick i think.

It's A VC3!!!
03-09-2014, 10:44 PM

He is averaging less shot attempts this season than did he last season with the Kings. He is also playing solid defense for us as well. This league is built on reputation. He hasn't carried over his bad defensive habits from the Kings to the Nets, trust me. Thornton actually looks motivated, happy and excited to play in his first ever playoffs since entering the league.

It's A VC3!!!
03-09-2014, 10:49 PM
Nets are sheet on back to back. If they are missing pieces Toronto is a better pick i think.

Back-to-backs have been atrocious for us, understandably so but they should not be this shameful.

Fixed my post:The Nets would be 41-20 if you took away second nights of a back-to-back and the Bulls. Both accounted for a combined 10 losses.

Legends66NBA7
03-09-2014, 10:53 PM
Both teams will be on a back to back, so it's just going to come down to the better effort and execution. Raptors aren't at a 100% either (nothing like the Nets's situation in health, though), so I expect a pretty close game.

niko
03-09-2014, 11:10 PM
Back-to-backs have been atrocious for us, understandably so but they should not be this shameful.

Fixed my post:The Nets would be 41-20 if you took away second nights of a back-to-back and the Bulls. Both accounted for a combined 10 losses.
Knicks would be undefeated if you took away our losses.

It's A VC3!!!
03-09-2014, 11:51 PM
Knicks would be undefeated if you took away our losses.

Every team would. I am clearly pointing out the fact that 8 of our losses have been from the second night of a back-to-back. The other 2 against the Bulls but forget those.

veilside23
03-10-2014, 01:23 PM
am just happy for thornton like what ive said not to many people may want him but he is definitely a fit for Brooklyn...

kidd2dwill
03-10-2014, 01:33 PM
I think its good if we remain at the 6th spot and play Raptors in the playoffs. They are pretty good, but i dont want chicago in the first round again.

Miles and Miles
03-10-2014, 04:58 PM
He is averaging less shot attempts this season than did he last season with the Kings. He is also playing solid defense for us as well. This league is built on reputation. He hasn't carried over his bad defensive habits from the Kings to the Nets, trust me. Thornton actually looks motivated, happy and excited to play in his first ever playoffs since entering the league.

There isn't anyone that watched the Kings with Thorton that didn't know this was going to happen. He totally quit on the team. He sucked for us and didn't make half an effort on either end. I just wish someone would at least put a body on him last night. Unfortunately we put the extremely lost on D rookie (Ben) on him most of the time so he could really kill us. I had to turn it off before I put my foot through the TV screen.