PDA

View Full Version : Please explain to me how Indiana can beat Miami.

Connor B
03-09-2014, 10:35 PM
I want a thorough explanation. I've been saying for months they couldn't get it done...I'm not just saying now that they are in a slump, although this slump is certainly exposing a few facts:

- They are not elite offensively. Evan Turner will not fix those problems.
- Yes, they do have a major inside advantage over Miami just as they have for a few years, but to automatically assume Andrew Bynum will be the extra edge they need to let that be the deciding factor seems rash...we have no idea what his state will be in the playoffs mentally or physically
- They do not have a go-to star, which, as I've said before, every championship team ever has had. Paul George is being exposed as mentally weak, let's be real, that stripper thing totally messed with his mind
- The Heat also post a great small ball defense which will require Indiana to heavily rely on those bigs, who, again, are unproven offensively. David West will get his points but Hibbert needs to tun it up on that end of the floor
- D-Wade playing his best combined with Lebron's consistency is nearly impossible to deal with for them and everyone else just as we've seen the last two years
- If we are allowed to say that Bynum will be ready for playoffs, we can also say the same for Oden, right?

Not a fan of Miami. But I've yet to hear a convincing argument of why Indiana will beat them other than "inside game". I will read what you have to say and if it makes sense I will admit it. I want you to convince me the Heat will lose.

noob cake
03-09-2014, 10:35 PM
They can't.

Heat vs whoever comes out of west: Spurs, Clippers, Rockets, Warriors

LAZERUSS
03-09-2014, 10:36 PM
Easy answer...outscore them in four out of seven games.

navy
03-09-2014, 10:36 PM
Stop posting.

JohnFreeman
03-09-2014, 10:37 PM
I never bought into the Pacers hype to be honest.

LONGTIME
03-09-2014, 10:37 PM
I don't see it. They turn the ball over too much and go long periods without scoring.

kamil
03-09-2014, 10:38 PM
Easy answer...outscore them in four out of seven games.

This is going to be a major eye opener for some of the clowns on this forum, lol.

MMM
03-09-2014, 10:38 PM
LeBron James gets seriously hurts

all the role players plus Wade have dreadful series

b1imtf
03-09-2014, 10:42 PM
This is going to be a major eye opener for some of the clowns on this forum, lol.
:roll: :roll:

chazzy
03-09-2014, 10:46 PM
Hope Hibbert plays way above his level again and Lebron's jumper isn't falling like it was last series

WWRWestbrookDo?
03-09-2014, 10:47 PM
Bring this thread up when they meet up in the playoffs. I didn't know Miami and Indiana played today.

Connor B
03-09-2014, 10:50 PM
Bring this thread up when they meet up in the playoffs. I didn't know Miami and Indiana played today.

Miami-Indiana - that's the theme of the east and the only thing that matters.

Black and White
03-09-2014, 10:56 PM

I wonder if you thought the Mavs stood a chance against the Heat??? Anything can happen in the playoffs.

Milbuck
03-09-2014, 10:59 PM
This whole "nothing matters outside of Lebron-Durant in the MVP race, everything is worthless except for the conference finals and finals" mentality of yours is pretty idiotic and depressing to be honest.

If that's really what you think, it might be a good idea for you to take a break and come back in May.

sd3035
03-09-2014, 11:09 PM
Will the Heat even win a game against the Bulls?

dude77
03-09-2014, 11:25 PM
Will the Heat even win a game against the Bulls?

regular season games don't mean shit to the heatles .. empty victories .. they'll take care of those scrubs when it counts .. like they always do

Kingwillball
03-09-2014, 11:27 PM
Well they won 3 last year and now they have a deeper team while heat have not improved and possibly have declined a bit plus possible homecourt advantage.

TheCorporation
03-10-2014, 12:31 AM
Well they won 3 last year and now they have a deeper team while heat have not improved and possibly have declined a bit plus possible homecourt advantage.

Heat have not improved? Adding Greg Oden and Michael Beasley isn't an upgrade? Not to mention Wade and Bosh played horrible during that series, no way they can play any worse than they did during Indiana last year.

Bosh vs Indiana:

11 ppg, 3.8 rpg, .376 FG%, 1 bpg

Wade vs Indiana:

15.4 ppg, 5.1 rpg, .436 FG% 1 bpg

Do we really think Bosh and Wade will play that bad again? Can they really play much worse than they did? 11-4 on 38% 15-5 on 44%?

wordsRweapons
03-10-2014, 12:37 AM

exactly

ballin33
03-10-2014, 01:05 AM
If Oden and Wade are healthy for that series I really can't see the Heat losing, even if they don't have home court. Bosh will play much better, and Beasley and Turner will cancel each other out. I think a healthy/athletic Oden can give Hibbert problems the same way dwight did.. and Paul George vs LeBron is still a mismatch.

Connor B
03-10-2014, 01:11 AM
This whole "nothing matters outside of Lebron-Durant in the MVP race, everything is worthless except for the conference finals and finals" mentality of yours is pretty idiotic and depressing to be honest.

If that's really what you think, it might be a good idea for you to take a break and come back in May.

Please do not put words in my mouth. As far as Eastern Conference playoffs, virtually everyone has agreed its going to come down to Indiana/Miami. It doesn't mean the other games don't matter, I do not know where you got that impression that I felt that way, but it is very likely that the ECF between Indiana/Miami will be a reality. In the west, things are unpredictable from the get go and therefore "matter more" from the very first round. As for the MVP race, it isn't that Griffin doesn't matter as much as it is the fact that MOST LIKELY, its going to only come down to Durant and Lebron. That's obvious too.

I have no idea where you got this idea of me thinking only a few things actually matter. I think ultimately those things only "matter" in the sense that that's what this season will be defined by, as are all seasons, but there are plenty of other great story lines.

I respect you as a lot as a poster so please don't whip crap out of your moose ass next time.