PDA

View Full Version : What is the obsession here with "Alphas" and "Betas"?

Stringer Bell
03-10-2014, 02:25 AM
Like half the board spends large amounts of time and energy defending some grown man who doesn't know you exist. :oldlol: at people catching feelings because Kobe is inferior to Jordan and Lebron. :oldlol: at people denying Lebron had a horrible choke job in 2011.

LOL at grown men so passionately defending other men (some of them who have sadly passed away) and getting their feelings hurt. That is the epitome of Beta.

Actually it's way past Beta. It's like an Iota male.

Killbot
03-10-2014, 02:26 AM
You got a problem with the Greek Alphabet?

Fudge
03-10-2014, 02:28 AM
OP is beta af.

bdreason
03-10-2014, 02:34 AM
Typical beta thread. You need to stop worrying about what other people thinking bra.

ABfor3
03-10-2014, 02:36 AM
OP is the beta leader

Stringer Bell
03-10-2014, 02:39 AM
You got a problem with the Greek Alphabet?

Nah, I like the Greek alphabet.

Eric Cartman
03-10-2014, 02:40 AM
Typical beta thread. You need to stop worrying about what other people thinking bra.

This.

CavaliersFTW
03-10-2014, 02:42 AM
Congrats OP, calling the people who argue about Beta's and Alpha's has made you ISH's honorary Omega... the very bottom of the food chain.

NewYorkNoPicks
03-10-2014, 02:42 AM
The funniest part is

98% of you guys on this forum are beta males! True story.

Lets be real here, how many here in real life exhibit an abundance of extraordinarily male characteristics? Putting on an act doesnt count like for example when you see these skinny ass kids with a shade ofhair above their lip talking loud and tough trying to put on a show to those around them.

How many here are above average height, muscular, exhibit strong traits of leadership, dominance, assertiveness, confidence etc.

You may have one or 2 of those characteristics at the most but the fact of the matter is you need to be really in the top 20th or so percentile in multiple categories to truly be an alpha male, a prime specimen.

Most of us are average or slightly above

Stringer Bell
03-10-2014, 02:54 AM
The funniest part is

Lets be real here, how many here in real life exhibit an abundance of extraordinarily male characteristics? Putting on an act doesnt count like for example when you see these skinny ass kids with a shade ofhair above their lip talking loud and tough trying to put on a show to those around them.

How many here are above average height, muscular, exhibit strong traits of leadership, dominance, assertiveness, confidence etc.

You may have one or 2 of those characteristics at the most but the fact of the matter is you need to be really in the top 20th or so percentile in multiple categories to truly be an alpha male, a prime specimen.

Most people in the world probably have a mixture of different traits and don't fall into one category. I'm just joking around and I don't take the labeling seriously, but people sure like bringing it up when it comes to discussing players.

outbreak
03-10-2014, 03:03 AM
Bunch of losers with nothing better in their lives than acting tough and living vicariously through nba players

oarabbus
03-10-2014, 03:14 AM
The funniest part is

You callin Manny Pacquio a beta? He's 5'6" brah that's like bottom 20th percentile.

He will **** up 99.999% of the people on this planet.

ImKobe
03-10-2014, 03:16 AM
Beta - Lebron Heat fans
Alpha - Bucks/Lakers fans

Budadiiii
03-10-2014, 03:16 AM
I am the leader of ISH, therefore am alpha by default.

Does it help that I'm good looking and come from money in real life? Absolutely.

Alpha male checking in.

NewYorkNoPicks
03-10-2014, 03:20 AM
You callin Manny Pacquio a beta? He's 5'6" brah that's like bottom 20th percentile.

He will **** up 99.99% of the people on this planet.

You didnt read everything i said, its not about 1 characteristic its about multiple

You look at a guy like Arnold Schwarzenegger his true height is onl about 5"9 or 5"10 (even though he doesnt admit it). Height isnt everything

CavaliersFTW
03-10-2014, 03:21 AM

Does it help that I'm good looking and come from money in real life? Absolutely.

Alpha male checking in.
No offense but your personality reminds me of the character Bud from Married With Children

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsF/tve5548-304-215.gif

NewYorkNoPicks
03-10-2014, 03:24 AM

Alpha male checking in.

Actually looks has nothing to do with "alpha-ness"

Plenty of scrawny ******* around who look like models and can nab chicks but cant even grow facial hair.

Stringer Bell
03-10-2014, 03:25 AM
No offense but your personality reminds me of the character Bud from Married With Children

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsF/tve5548-304-215.gif

LBJ 2 rings << Kobe 5 rings << MJ 6 rings << Bill 11 rings <<<<<< Al Bundy scoring 4 touchdowns in one game for Polk High

CavaliersFTW
03-10-2014, 03:26 AM
LBJ 2 rings << Kobe 5 rings << MJ 6 rings << Bill 11 rings <<<<<< Al Bundy scoring 4 touchdowns in one game for Polk High
:roll: :applause:

FKAri
03-10-2014, 03:27 AM
It's because theyre watching Skip Bayless too much. All that garbage about clutch gene, alpha/beta, etc.

ImKobe
03-10-2014, 03:30 AM

http://replygif.net/i/932.gif

NumberSix
03-10-2014, 03:30 AM

Alpha male checking in.
That makes you a beta. The person that made the money is alpha.

oarabbus
03-10-2014, 03:32 AM
You didnt read everything i said, its not about 1 characteristic its about multiple

You look at a guy like Arnold Schwarzenegger his true height is onl about 5"9 or 5"10 (even though he doesnt admit it). Height isnt everything

Fair enough, you're saying you may not have it all in one category, but you must be at the upper level of multiple of those categories to be considered alpha. Agreed.

Budadiiii
03-10-2014, 03:33 AM
I inherited those alpha genetics doe.

Alpha.

http://intensities.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/budbundy2.jpg

Deal with it.

oarabbus
03-10-2014, 03:33 AM

To be fair posting on the internet is beta. Working for a boss is beta. Eating 3 meals a day is beta, too. Breathing? ****ing beta.

sd3035
03-10-2014, 04:48 AM

you must be short

Kblaze8855
03-10-2014, 05:32 AM
It's because theyre watching Skip Bayless too much. All that garbage about clutch gene, alpha/beta, etc.

It really is largely people not being able to express themselves in terms that mean anything. Gang of people following others using terms that don't matter to describe someone else as a follower.

There is almost no individuality.

senelcoolidge
03-10-2014, 05:37 AM
It seems like most of the people here don't even know what a alpha or beta is. They created their own definition. It's another silly aspect of ISH.

Akrazotile
03-10-2014, 07:56 AM
It really is largely people not being able to express themselves in terms that mean anything. Gang of people following others using terms that don't matter to describe someone else as a follower.

There is almost no individuality.

Preach brotha :applause:

poido123
03-10-2014, 08:00 AM
OP is beta. :banana:

Bandito
03-10-2014, 08:01 AM
Actually looks has nothing to do with "alpha-ness"

Plenty of scrawny ******* around who look like models and can nab chicks but cant even grow facial hair.
What does alpha has to do with facial hair?

CelticBaller
03-10-2014, 08:01 AM
what would an omega know

AintNoSunshine
03-10-2014, 08:18 AM
Seriously tho, anyone who's concious and obsessed with labeling people and stuff alpha or beta, is himself beta as hell

Marlo_Stanfield
03-10-2014, 08:43 AM
the first time a i ever heard about alpha and beta on a regular basis was when i visited Insidehoops the first time:roll: :roll: :facepalm

Real Men Wear Green
03-10-2014, 08:45 AM
Like half the board spends large amounts of time and energy defending some grown man who doesn't know you exist. :oldlol: at people catching feelings because Kobe is inferior to Jordan and Lebron. :oldlol: at people denying Lebron had a horrible choke job in 2011.

LOL at grown men so passionately defending other men (some of them who have sadly passed away) and getting their feelings hurt. That is the epitome of Beta.

The bolded part would be the largest flaw with your impression of this board.

AintNoSunshine
03-10-2014, 09:21 AM

:roll:

BoutPractice
03-10-2014, 09:28 AM
It's a clich

KyrieTheFuture
03-10-2014, 09:58 AM
A true alpha would never bother even talking about alpha or beta. For you GOT fans out there "a man who must call himself king (alpha) is no true king (alpha)

NewYorkNoPicks
03-10-2014, 09:59 AM
you must be short

I was respondingto someone elses post about Manny Pacquiao....be informed before you speak

Soundwave
03-10-2014, 02:28 PM
Wrong thread, never mind.

chocolatethunder
03-10-2014, 02:53 PM
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000
post of the year

kamil
03-10-2014, 03:02 PM
Kobe's a gamma, not a beta.

Eric Cartman
03-10-2014, 03:06 PM
I thought this was Insidehoops not Sociology class.

NumberSix
03-10-2014, 03:15 PM
What does alpha has to do with facial hair?
More testosterone = more facial hair.

kamil
03-10-2014, 03:21 PM
More testosterone = more facial hair.

Myth and never been proven either.

LeGOAT
03-10-2014, 03:35 PM
Just bull shit internet jargon. No one talks about this shit in real life. Beta doesn't even mean what you idiots think it does. Beta means second in command, not a passive bitch

ForeverHeat
03-10-2014, 03:52 PM
While I feel a lot of people here misunderstand the meaning, lets not kid ourselves. The concept of Alpha and Beta clearly exists and it is prevalent throughout mankind just as it is in the animal kingdom. Thing is though that even someone with no alpha traits can become an alpha for a particular group if that group is full of people who are even less alpha. So dont give up hope guys you can be the alpha if you surround yourself with a group of utter f*gs.

oarabbus
03-10-2014, 05:04 PM
you must be short

And you must be tougher and more alpha than Arnold :lol

Explain Westbrook and Durant fgt

oarabbus
03-10-2014, 05:06 PM
Myth and never been proven either.

Uh...

Facial Hair
Testosterone causes body and facial hair to proliferate, resulting in the characteristically darker, thicker hair of the adult male as compared to women and boys. Facial hair, which typically covers the cheeks, chin, upper lip and neck of an adult man, is one of the results of testosterone-driven hair growth, explains Dr. Lauralee Sherwood in her book "Human Physiology." The purpose of facial hair is unknown, but it doesn't normally occur in women, and disappears in men who develop testosterone deficiencies. Testosterone-dependent facial hair is much darker, thicker and more wiry than normal head hair, and has a flattened shape, giving it more curl than the hair a man grows on his head.

That's not to say someone WITHOUT facial hair has low testosterone. Someone may not be able to grow facial hair and have high testosterone... but they are correlated.

AlphaWolf24
03-10-2014, 05:18 PM
Just bull shit internet jargon. No one talks about this shit in real life. Beta doesn't even mean what you idiots think it does. Beta means second in command, not a passive bitch

Not when talking about... " Alpha beta mentality"

Alpha's won't settle or ever stop thinking about Dominating or Conquering...even when being /forced into the second "in command"...

the whole obsession is about being the " Alpha"

Alpha's = Adapt and Overcome....Overcome and Dominate!

- While a Beta " mentality" wills settle and adapt all while never truly putting forth the effort nor applying themselves to become an Alpha.....this is the Beta Mentality.

Beta's = adapt and settle in.

In Nature ( and in a sense how the Universe works)..the Alpha's are few ....while Beta's are a plenty...that's how Nature/Universe works.

to the winner goes the spoils...

sammichoffate
03-10-2014, 08:36 PM
Funny part is alphas and betas can't exist without one another, different betas and alphas can form new connections, but one can't properly exist without the other. Someone's gotta lead and someone's gotta follow or else the goal isn't gonna be reached, in basketball and in life. Hope I answered OP's question

SpecialQue
03-10-2014, 08:38 PM
These people like to pretend that they're the cool kids in high school, passing judgement on some people and living vicariously through others.

sammichoffate
03-10-2014, 08:41 PM
These people like to pretend that they're the cool kids in high school, passing judgement on some people and living vicariously through others.I honestly think at least 75% of the board is still in HS based on the posts I read :oldlol:

Grey Dawn
03-10-2014, 08:44 PM
Bunch of beta peeps hiding behind the veil of the interwebz pretending to be alphas

Thunderfan86
03-10-2014, 09:11 PM
Does having big man parts make me an Alpha?

jstern
03-10-2014, 09:17 PM
The Alpha Beta talk was started by one of the big Kobe stans. (I'm pretty sure it was Alphawolfa) And to me bragging about Kobe, or any other man being so Alpha made that stan look so Beta. Like so weak that they have to latch on to someone they perceive as more dominant than themselves, thus making them feel Alpha.

K Xerxes
03-10-2014, 09:18 PM
Not when talking about... " Alpha beta mentality"

Alpha's won't settle or ever stop thinking about Dominating or Conquering...even when being /forced into the second "in command"...

the whole obsession is about being the " Alpha"

Alpha's = Adapt and Overcome....Overcome and Dominate!

- While a Beta " mentality" wills settle and adapt all while never truly putting forth the effort nor applying themselves to become an Alpha.....this is the Beta Mentality.

Beta's = adapt and settle in.

In Nature ( and in a sense how the Universe works)..the Alpha's are few ....while Beta's are a plenty...that's how Nature/Universe works.

to the winner goes the spoils...

Nothing like a good old armchair sociologist. This false dichotomy isn't applicable in reality and no authority on this subject of any note uses words such as 'alpha' or 'beta'. It is a bullshit online creation, probably by Kobe stans trying to cling on to the warrior mentality he displays in the face of a superior player (LeBron) who sometimes possesses a passive mindset.

JUDGE WITNESS
03-10-2014, 09:19 PM
pseudo ISH psychologists

sammichoffate
03-10-2014, 09:24 PM
pseudo ISH psychologistsI'm actually trying to minor in Psychology, so thanks :oldlol:

jstern
03-10-2014, 09:32 PM
To me being Alpha is a character thing, not a physical, or being a loudmouth like everyone here is talking about.

To me an Alpha male would be someone who can step up during a heart thumping situation. Not someone who spends his days working out, or being loud and aggressive towards others.

In fact, I find those who are loud and aggressive towards others to be beta, because if you get the upperhand on them, they coward. In sense they are closer to animal, where even the alpha male can one day be a beta. But in human terms, a true alpha male is someone who can step up in difficult situations, not someone who's a loud mouth, who are more ruled by their animal instincts, and who like animals can easily become a beta when someone turns the table.

La Frescobaldi
03-10-2014, 11:21 PM
Alpha:

http://financialplanningbodyofknowledge.com/w/images/9/98/Jensen%27s_Alpha_Formula.png

Beta:

http://people.duke.edu/~charvey/classes/ba350/riskman/rm9.gif

Who's your Alpha now, Betas?

Miller for 3
03-10-2014, 11:23 PM

Spoken like a true beta. Probably wet yourself with excitement just making this thread. When was the last time you saw a girl?

Miller for 3
03-10-2014, 11:27 PM
Alphas are the shotcallers, the franchise changers. They don't collude with others to form superteams, they take the cards they are dealt and still destroy everything in their path

Betas are mental midgets who can't accomplish anything, so they have to take shortcuts (PEDs, paying refs, colluding to form superteams) etc.

The-Legend-24
03-10-2014, 11:39 PM
Basically,

Kobe = Alpha

Bran = Beta

Nothing more to it.

RoseCity07
03-11-2014, 12:15 AM
OP exposed as a beta. lol

oarabbus
03-11-2014, 02:05 AM
Alpha:

http://financialplanningbodyofknowledge.com/w/images/9/98/Jensen%27s_Alpha_Formula.png

Beta:

:applause:

Now those are true alpha and betas

BTW... Euler 4 LIFE MOTHAFVCKAZ

oarabbus
03-11-2014, 02:07 AM
The Alpha Beta talk was started by one of the big Kobe stans. (I'm pretty sure it was Alphawolfa) And to me bragging about Kobe, or any other man being so Alpha made that stan look so Beta. Like so weak that they have to latch on to someone they perceive as more dominant than themselves, thus making them feel Alpha.

No, it really wasn't started by one of the Kobe stans.

http://www.rooshv.com/alpha-male-vs-beta-male

This article isn't that old but this **** got started in the Pick Up Artist/"Red Pill" community well before it entered basketball.

ABfor3
03-11-2014, 02:07 AM
Basically,

Kobe = Alpha

Bran = Beta

Nothing more to it.
/Thread

Stringer Bell
03-11-2014, 05:04 AM
Spoken like a true beta. Probably wet yourself with excitement just making this thread. When was the last time you saw a girl?

Do pre-ops count? Or only post-ops.

Me and Mister Cee like to go tranny hunting

Stringer Bell
03-11-2014, 05:06 AM
Wow, you guys really take this seriously.

jstern
03-11-2014, 07:08 AM
No, it really wasn't started by one of the Kobe stans.

http://www.rooshv.com/alpha-male-vs-beta-male

This article isn't that old but this **** got started in the Pick Up Artist/"Red Pill" community well before it entered basketball.

The Alpha Beta talk is something that's probably hundreds of years old.

I was talking about in ISH. The first time I saw someone start talking, making threads about it.

Olacinco
03-11-2014, 07:14 AM
Do pre-ops count? Or only post-ops.

Me and Mister Cee like to go tranny hunting

Lmao

Stringer Bell
03-11-2014, 12:18 PM
Alpha:

Beta:

Best answer.

AlphaWolf24
03-11-2014, 01:40 PM

Hold up a sec.....hit the pedal in the middle.

while I was spitting Alpha / Beta way back when I was picking up Bread at Alpha/ Beta...

In no way was it it a connotation to Kobe...

- I started spittin Alpha mentality to help the OG's on the interwebz....so much hatred....so many who cannot recognize game.

so many Haters everywhere!!!!!!!!

- I simply was teaching the Haterz to apply themselves...to not be jealous of those who have applied themselves...basically have the Alpha mindset..and not be scared homey.

- If you a H8R....then recognize game when it's in yo face and apply yo self.....Turn the Frown upside down...180 all dey...flip the script....Make sure yo pillow is cold on both sides.....

Sharks will have a week dedicated to you!......become Alpha. ( at least apply yo self)

Does having big man parts make me an Alpha?

yes it does.

next

MavsPoke
03-11-2014, 02:50 PM
I AM THE ALPHA AND THE OMEGA
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n260/natewitty/JesusBasketball.jpg
THE BEGINNING AND THE END
THE FIRST AND THE LAST

20Four
03-11-2014, 03:05 PM

OP....quit lying to yourself son....we all know you are a mastaBETA son.....

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-11-2014, 03:08 PM
OP....quit lying to yourself son....we all know you are a mastaBETA son.....

Dude you're NOT Kobe. Get over it.

moe94
03-11-2014, 03:41 PM
:oldlol:

Stringer Bell
03-12-2014, 11:39 AM

:oldlol:

Prometheus
03-12-2014, 12:52 PM
When talking about humans, "alpha/beta" is a dichotomy that is not used by real psychologists.

The concept really only applies to wild animals, for which the "alpha male" is that male who is able to attract mates and reproduce (through physical force or by whatever other means necessary).

Madonna was spreading it for Pippen and left Jordan an emasculated, disappointed little boy.

According to the most official interpretations of the word, Scottie Pippen is actually much more of an alpha male than Michael Jordan.

Mind = ****ed.

AlphaWolf24
03-12-2014, 12:55 PM
When talking about humans, "alpha/beta" is a dichotomy that is not used by real psychologists.

The concept really only applies to wild animals, for which the "alpha male" is that male who is able to attract mates and reproduce (through physical force or by whatever other means necessary).

Madonna was spreading it for Pippen and left Jordan an emasculated, disappointed little boy.

According to the most official interpretations of the word, Scottie Pippen is actually much more of an alpha male than Michael Jordan.

Mind = ****ed.

http://resources.news.com.au/files/2013/05/06/1226635/927648-jack-nicholson.gif

and.....

we are wild animals.

Marlo_Stanfield
03-12-2014, 12:57 PM

and.....

we are wild animals.
Kobe was back in Denver, thats for sure:roll: :roll: :roll:

Prometheus
03-12-2014, 12:59 PM

and.....

we are wild animals.

Sounds like you're looking for a way to justify rape. Coincidence?

Prometheus
03-12-2014, 01:00 PM
Look at my avatar, my cheeks are all puffy because I have Kobe's baby batter in my mouth!

Haha true, I never noticed that before.

AlphaWolf24
03-12-2014, 01:33 PM
Sounds like you're looking for a way to justify rape. Coincidence?

I don't justify anything....

I simply watch and understand how the universe operates.

To place judgement or use Morality as a tool to turn a blind eye in an attempt to make yourself feel better is ignorant....

We are Wild animals.....by far the most dangerous animal to ever step foot on this ball of space dust we call Earth.

It is not our place to categorize what is Right or Wrong......only to understand how the Universe works and how to adapt and conquer it.

If you are Beta...then you have no idea what I'm talking about.....keep on Following the masses , Becoming a simp B!tch to structure that binds our minds against the most Fundamental laws of survival, believing we are more complex then a wild animal....

You will quiet your hunger....You will Hydrate when needed.....You will probably fall in love with the first piece of Azz that comes your way....you may even listen to that animal instinct a produce more animals....you will live a long Boring Life and die quietly ( most likely in a quiet room somewhere.... ) while never truly letting anyone hear your "wild animal roar"...

My point.....

Don't eat at Arby's....stuff is nasty.

Prometheus
03-12-2014, 01:37 PM
I don't justify anything....

I simply watch and understand how the universe operates.

To place judgement or use Morality as a tool to turn a blind eye in an attempt to make yourself feel better is ignorant....

We are Wild animals.....by far the most dangerous animal to ever step foot on this ball of space dust we call Earth.

It is not our place to categorize what is Right or Wrong......only to understand how the Universe works and how to adapt and conquer it.

If you are Beta...then you have no idea what I'm talking about.....keep on Following the masses , Becoming a simp B!tch to structure that binds our minds against the most Fundamental laws of survival, believing we are more complex then a wild animal....

You will quiet your hunger....You will Hydrate when needed.....You will probably fall in love with the first piece of Azz that comes your way....you may even listen to that animal instinct a produce more animals....you will live a long Boring Life and die quietly ( most likely in a quiet room somewhere.... ) while never truly letting anyone hear your "wild animal roar"...

My point.....

Don't eat at Arby's....stuff is nasty.

Nihilism is for ****.

Shade8780
03-12-2014, 01:38 PM
OP's a beta.

AlphaWolf24
03-12-2014, 01:56 PM
Nihilism is for ****.

Using terms against natural behavior like homosexuality is ignorant...

and reinforces your beliefs that Humans are not wild animals...

we are....and homosexuality is very much rampant in the animal Kingdom...

just as it is in Human sexuality.

again, do not use your judgment to categorize what is and isn't....there are no + or -, understand how the universe works and conquer...

next