PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson to make decision TODAY!

Knicksfever2010
03-10-2014, 09:58 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/chock-phil-drama-jackson-expects-give-knicks-decision-monday-article-1.1716138

The fate of the Knicks will be determined today. In what could be a LANDMARK announcement could restore the once proud organization BACK TO PROMINENCE.

The Knicks could once again become THE TEAM of the NBA. We will become the top landing spot for free agents. Guys like Lebron/Durant/Love/Rondo would look at Phils 13 rings and blush like little girls.

niko
03-10-2014, 10:06 AM
And I could bang both mila kunis and your mother tonight but that won't happen either

I highly doubt you could bang Mila Kunis tonight.

eliteballer
03-10-2014, 10:08 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/chock-phil-drama-jackson-expects-give-knicks-decision-monday-article-1.1716138

The fate of the Knicks will be determined today. In what could be a LANDMARK announcement could restore the once proud organization BACK TO PROMINENCE.

The Knicks could once again become THE TEAM of the NBA. We will become the top landing spot for free agents. Guys like Lebron/Durant/Love/Rondo would look at Phils 13 rings and blush like little girls.

When have they EVER been THE team of the NBA?

Basketbolero
03-10-2014, 10:44 AM
I hope he accepts, this would be really good for the league and NY basketball

fiddy
03-10-2014, 10:46 AM
NYK are done for years to come

DukeDelonte13
03-10-2014, 10:53 AM

i'm probably jaded but I just see a parallel with bringing this former great coach in to an exec position and paying him tons of money just like the Browns did with Holmgren.

Obviously Phil is the much higher regarded coach than Holmgren was but it was just such a colossal disaster.

Same questions are there. Will he bring in the right people or does he bring in cronies? Will be motivated to create a winner or will he be content working 15 hours a week and getting a giant paycheck?

It can potentially really hurt the franchise and Phil's legacy.. It's not like the knick's roster is just primed and ready to start competing. There will probably be a some more ugliness until the ship gets righted.

I just don't think hiring Phil equates to guaranteed success.

BlackVVaves
03-10-2014, 11:00 AM

For the fan of a team that has lost more NBA games since 2001 than any other franchise in the entire league other than the Wizards .... the Wizards .... you sure do exude a lot of confidence.

Anyway. I hope Phil does join the Knicks. It might not result in actual wins, but at least the franchise will have someone other than Dolan being the face of the organization. That alone must be a win, because Dolan is more incompetent than Jerry Jones as an owner. Least he helped bring Dallas some championships.

KyrieTheFuture
03-10-2014, 11:02 AM
I highly doubt you could bang Mila Kunis tonight.
Did you read the post or just comment after seeing Mila Kunis?

Allow me to spell out my comment for you. In the Original Post it was outlined that the signing of Phillip Jackson could lead to several different outcomes, all of which were ludicrous. Thus, I made a comment responding to the original post pointing out an equally ludicrous scenario that "could" happen.

eliteballer
03-10-2014, 11:03 AM
i'm probably jaded but I just see a parallel with bringing this former great coach in to an exec position and paying him tons of money just like the Browns did with Holmgren.

Obviously Phil is the much higher regarded coach than Holmgren was but it was just such a colossal disaster.

Same questions are there. Will he bring in the right people or does he bring in cronies? Will be motivated to create a winner or will he be content working 15 hours a week and getting a giant paycheck?

It can potentially really hurt the franchise and Phil's legacy.. It's not like the knick's roster is just primed and ready to start competing. There will probably be a some more ugliness until the ship gets righted.

How can it hurt the franchise? When you're already at rock bottom nothing can really hurt you.

Nick Young
03-10-2014, 11:10 AM
Not even the GOAT can save this scrub franchise

DukeDelonte13
How can it hurt the franchise? When you're already at rock bottom nothing can really hurt you.

Aside from costing a bunch and possibly getting wrong personnel in there just stalling a proper rebuild for another few seasons.

Again i'm not trying to pretend like I know what's gonna happen or how he's gonna perform i just don't like the idea of shelling out tons of money for a guy with nothing left to prove who isn't looking to work his ass off. Not calling out his work ethic either, the guy is in his seventies.

dr.hee

True, but it won't help much either.

Knicksfever2010
03-10-2014, 11:18 AM
Aside from costing a bunch and possibly getting wrong personnel in there just stalling a proper rebuild for another few seasons.

Again i'm not trying to pretend like I know what's gonna happen or how he's gonna perform i just don't like the idea of shelling out tons of money for a guy with nothing left to prove who isn't looking to work his ass off. Not calling out his work ethic either, the guy is in his seventies.

He's 68

eliteballer
03-10-2014, 11:19 AM

You're talking about the Knicks. What have they done that gives you even the slightest shred of evidence that they know how to properly rebuild? It's like worrying if alcoholics anonymous will be able to help a chronic drunk to go sober or if they are better off on their own. Money? It's nothing to them.

rezznor
03-10-2014, 11:20 AM
When have they EVER been THE team of the NBA?
i was just about to ask that. la, chicago, and boston say hi

BlackVVaves
03-10-2014, 11:24 AM

I suppose if they invest tens of millions into Phil, and in 3 years they are still a 30-40 win team with questionable contracts, it'll hurt them.

DukeDelonte13
03-10-2014, 11:26 AM
He's 68

68, 70, etc. :confusedshrug: He's an old man any way you slice it.

He still wouldn't commit to being at every game to be the Lakers coach when they fired Mike Brown. I get the feeling he's checked out, that he wants to relax and enjoy his old age. He could be super-motivated but I kinda doubt it.

It will be damn interesting if he takes the job. Can't wait to see what moves he makes and what people he surrounds himself with.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-10-2014, 11:52 AM
i hope phil turns down ny and is a key player in bringing melo to LA.

DuMa
03-10-2014, 12:02 PM
Phil wont fix nothing but his bank account.

dazzer87
03-10-2014, 12:04 PM
i hope phil turns down ny and is a key player in bringing melo to LA.

:roll: Why would you bring another loser to LA?

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-10-2014, 12:06 PM
:roll: Why would you bring another loser to LA?
and let me guess, love is a big winner.

WallIn
03-10-2014, 12:16 PM
To build up the hype and then to just say:

"I....won't coach or manage the Knicks"

That would be epic

Troll Master:oldlol:

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-10-2014, 12:22 PM
To build up the hype and then to just say:

"I....won't coach or manage the Knicks"

That would be epic

Troll Master:oldlol:
phil should join the knicks and steal mitch from the lakers as a big fck you to jimmy boy.

fpliii
03-10-2014, 12:36 PM
I think this could be HUGE for the Knicks, but it's imperative that he's given full control over everything. If his hands are tied by Dolan he won't be able to do much.

This also isn't a quick fix, we're talking several years here.

Darius
03-10-2014, 12:42 PM
Pretty skeptical that Phil would change much even if this does go down.

Whenever you see him he looks so lethargic. He complains in his interviews that his body is breaking down so much that he has to hobble around.

Knicks would be better off hiring someone young, energetic and intelligent.

I think Phil helps a little attracting free agents but not much more.

Blue&Orange
03-10-2014, 01:03 PM
Larry Brown part deux

gts
03-10-2014, 01:50 PM
Myles Brown ‏@mdotbrown
JR Smith is really excited about the Phil Jackson rumors. He's never had peyote.

Patrick Chewing
03-10-2014, 01:52 PM
Ian Begley ‏@IanBegley 1h

A source tells @Chris_Broussard that owner Jim Dolan will maintain a voice in basketball decisions if Jackson signs: http://es.pn/1fk8vii

:facepalm

Draz
03-10-2014, 01:55 PM
Don't get your hopes up. Whatever happens, happens.

Draz
03-10-2014, 01:59 PM
phil should join the knicks and steal mitch from the lakers as a big fck you to jimmy boy.That would
be amazing

fpliii
03-10-2014, 02:01 PM
:facepalm
So much for that. SMH

Brokenbeat
03-10-2014, 02:11 PM
Larry Brown part deux

This.

gts
03-10-2014, 02:16 PM
So Knicks fans..

Say he takes the job... Let's say he is there and has control over all of basketball operations

Keeping in mind the Knicks operate under the same CBA every other team in the league does what are your expectations in the short term?

aboss4real24
03-10-2014, 02:19 PM
Bulls n Lakers havent won since hes Left

Shows how great of a basketball mind he is

If he signs great move 4 nyk

eliteballer
03-10-2014, 03:25 PM
People who say, "well he's only been a coach" are forgetting a couple of things:

1. Phil's greatest talent as a coach wasn't mastery of the X and O's, but knowing how to fit pieces together and meld personalities....knowing how to recognize those things is a key to being a GM.

2. People are kidding themselves if they think Phil didn't have a hand in in the retooling of the Lakers that went on throughout his tenure with the Lakers.

uber
03-10-2014, 03:28 PM
So Knicks fans..

Say he takes the job... Let's say he is there and has control over all of basketball operations

Keeping in mind the Knicks operate under the same CBA every other team in the league does what are your expectations in the short term?

I think those short term expectations got us where we are now. Bad deals every year and theres no room to maneuver.

If he signs (which is still don't believe he will) i hope he can build for the future. Enough with those unreal short term expectations that some knicks fan had over the last years.

kennethgriffin
03-10-2014, 03:39 PM
the thing is... phils 70 years old. he will only be there 3-4 years tops

and that wont be nearly enough time to fix this mess

beside the point. what makes people believe phils a great GM or head of B.O.

hes a coach. and hes never evaluated talent in his life. nore has he ever turned anything around

phil is just a mentor and a psychologist. he knows how to make personalities co exist and he knows how to get the best out of players on the court

how is him sitting behind a desk going to give what hes good at to the knicks organization

this more than likely will be a waste of time. and its going to ruin phils legacy ( well atleast leave us with a sour taste )

this is like the last image of MJ we have. its not of a great basketball player. its of a horrible owner/gm

if i were phil i'd still take the job. only cause its the most comfy and satisfying one in all of basketball. who doesnt wanna be in charge of everything but not really have to do anything

phil doesnt even have to be GM. he'l have a guy for that and a scout. theyel call him for his final say. and thats it. he can sit at home collecting a pay cheque just for his opinion.

i dunno what the big hype is honestly... if he was coach. and they got jerry west to come in as GM..... then you might have something

gts
03-10-2014, 03:42 PM
hes a coach. and hes never evaluated talent in his life. nore has he ever turned anything around

Is there limit to your stupidity or does it just go on forever?

kennethgriffin
03-10-2014, 03:44 PM
Is there limit to your stupidity or does it just go on forever?

when has phil ever scouted talent and brought great players to an organization.....or turned bum players into great players?

sorry i missed that part of phils legacy

phil in a nutshell = you give him great players. great things will happen

gts
03-10-2014, 03:49 PM
when has phil ever scouted talent and brought great players to an organization.....or turned bum players into great players?

sorry i missed that part of phils legacy

phil in a nutshell = you give him great players. great things will happen

so forever it is..

eliteballer
03-10-2014, 03:51 PM
So Knicks fans..

They will have tons of cap space and a draft pick summer of 2015 so all they should do is try to add a couple of pieces to the roster for next season.

Boarder Patrol
03-10-2014, 03:56 PM
So Knicks fans..

Better than James Dolan. That's a 100% guarantee. I don't know what Phil would do if we got him, I still doubt it, but at least he'd have a plan.

gts
03-10-2014, 09:41 PM
Phil... Make up your mind..

Niko's gotta pee! poor guy's been sitting next to the radio and hitting refresh on twitter all day....:lol

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-10-2014, 09:57 PM
Since when was PJax' expertise known to lie in terms of assembling talent and managing cap space? Far as I know, his expertise is limited to smoothing out differences between players egos and Tex Winters on his coaching staff. Alan Houston & co. will continue to crunch the numbers while Phil tells them what he wants and gets paid a lot for being an intrusive, opinionated newcomer with a legendary past (his cache is the only reason for this potential hire).

Him coaching on the other hand...

Nuff Said
03-11-2014, 12:50 AM

gts
03-11-2014, 12:52 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
As I reported in column, still no assurance an agreement will be reached. No one in Jackson's world thinks deal is "close," that's for sure.

Nuff Said
03-11-2014, 01:00 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
As I reported in column, still no assurance an agreement will be reached. No one in Jackson's world thinks deal is "close," that's for sure.
Oh okay. Nothing to see here folks. Move along.

DStebb716
03-11-2014, 01:09 AM
So much for that. A lot of weak reporting on this.

kobeef24
03-11-2014, 01:24 AM

Even if the Knicks are the worst team in the league with Phil, it won't hurt his legacy. This isn't a coaching position. The man's already done so much already.