PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: Phil Jackson most likely taking Knicks job

bagelred
03-10-2014, 03:57 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/10583166/looks-phil-jackson-take-new-york-knicks-job

All indications are that Phil Jackson will accept the New York Knicks' offer to join the club's front office, according to a league source.

"The Knicks have a sense of what's going to happen," the source said. "And as of right now, it looks like Phil's taking the job. There's always the possibility of something falling apart at the last minute, but the Knicks' sense is that he's joining them."

Doubtful
Maybe
Leaning
Likely

Last stage? Acceptance.

http://dailysnark.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/multiple-sources.gif

fiddy
03-10-2014, 04:11 PM
the Knicks' sense

:oldlol:

STATUTORY
03-10-2014, 04:12 PM
lol dude's gonna be carried out on a stretcher just like Larry Brown

toxic organization

ImKobe
03-10-2014, 04:19 PM
I feel like only two things can happen with Phil joining

1) Knicks turn it around & make the Playoffs & lose in 5-6 to Indiana/Miami, Melo stays & they somehow look like a serious NBA team next year
2) Knicks fall apart to finish the season off & miss the Playoffs, nothing changes in the off-season & they suck again, Phil retires, Melo has to accept being a career loser as an NBA player

niko
03-10-2014, 04:45 PM
I feel like only two things can happen with Phil joining

1) Knicks turn it around & make the Playoffs & lose in 5-6 to Indiana/Miami, Melo stays & they somehow look like a serious NBA team next year
2) Knicks fall apart to finish the season off & miss the Playoffs, nothing changes in the off-season & they suck again, Phil retires, Melo has to accept being a career loser as an NBA player
Your understanding of the situation and basketball in general is lacking. How does changing the front office with a month left in the season affect the team on the court at all?

Jameerthefear
03-10-2014, 04:46 PM
Phil will be on his deathbed soon enough. The Knicks are a mess and he's too old to handle it.

Draz
03-10-2014, 04:49 PM
Your understanding of the situation and basketball in general is lacking. How does changing the front office with a month left in the season affect the team on the court at all?
APRIL 2013 Niko.

Anyways.

The knicks have a good chance at turning things around. First things first is the front office.

How could adding phil jack be anything but bad in every way goes beyond me. Anyone who disagrees is on crack and is in some serious denial.

Jailblazers7
03-10-2014, 04:51 PM
Phil will be on his deathbed soon enough. The Knicks are a mess and he's too old to handle it.

Lol, they don't call him the Zen Master for nothing. I doubt Phil is gonna let the Knicks stress him out to the point of death (or serious illness).

ForeverHeat
03-10-2014, 04:51 PM
This season is already lost for the Knicks, but moving forward this can only mean good things. Its gonna take time though, and I dont know if its enough to keep Carmelo.

smoovegittar
03-10-2014, 04:52 PM
The Knicks are a mess and you're too young to understand it.

Jailblazers7
03-10-2014, 04:53 PM

It's a proven NBA formula:
1) Hire Phil Jackson
2) ??
3) Championships

smoovegittar
03-10-2014, 04:54 PM
If anyone out there could handle the pressure of this organization and the Metro Media, it's Phil Jackson. How he handles this is gonna be very interesting... if he accepts the gig.

kamil
03-10-2014, 04:55 PM
If anyone out there could handle the pressure of this organization and the Metro Media, it's Phil Jackson. How he handles this is gonna be very interesting... if he accepts the gig.

Won't matter, the media doesn't care about the Knicks.

DuMa
03-10-2014, 04:55 PM
Phil will fix nothing besides his bank account

smoovegittar
03-10-2014, 04:57 PM
Won't matter, the media doesn't care about the Knicks.
Apparently, you don't live around New York. The Media around here hates the Hush policy of The Garden. And if you think this big market has no effect on the rest of the league, you're sadly mistaken.

Rasheed1
03-10-2014, 04:58 PM
Is he gonna coach??

If he isn't coaching, then :confusedshrug:

FKAri
03-10-2014, 04:59 PM

lol this.

Burgz V2
03-10-2014, 05:01 PM
Doubtful
Maybe
Leaning
Likely

Last stage? Acceptance.

http://dailysnark.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/multiple-sources.gif

avy bet?

smoovegittar
03-10-2014, 05:04 PM

We're not making the playoffs, but would you agree there's been a little more "pep" in the play of these clowns of late? I do believe the psyche of this team is fragile... and if this scenario goes down, it's a positive.

Solefade
03-10-2014, 05:25 PM
APRIL 2013 Niko.

Anyways.

The knicks have a good chance at turning things around. First things first is the front office.

How could adding phil jack be anything but bad in every way goes beyond me. Anyone who disagrees is on crack and is in some serious denial.

lol @ ImKobe

but pretty much this. the hiring of phil jackson in the front office will only do good for the knicks even if the impact is insignificant, it'll still be positive nonetheless.

All Net
03-10-2014, 05:41 PM
Must be a lot of money.

red1
03-10-2014, 05:43 PM
It was nice knowing you phil. No amount of zen can save you from this

Anfernee
03-10-2014, 07:56 PM
All that will happen is Dolan gets to blame franchise failures on Phil. Phil will be his buffer against criticism that belongs all to Dolan. But if Phil gets that, and the check is big enough for him to endure it, it could work for both of them.

irondarts
03-11-2014, 01:54 AM
Scott Cacciola @ScottCacciola

JR Smith on Phil speculation: "I've been watching the Golf Channel."