PDA

View Full Version : so not one going to call out durant's putrid defense recently?

Keno
03-10-2014, 05:25 PM
on thursday gerald green got a career high forty one points on fifty four percent shooting and sixty two percent from three. okc lost by eight points. if durant played a little bit of defense and kept green to his average of sixteen points, okc would of won by a landslide.

and then yesterday, durant down the stretch of a tight game, let a newly acquired scrub go on a personal seven-oh run to win the game for the no defense lakers. if durant could contain kent bazemore, okc wins no problem.

and here's a bonus video of ryan kelly crossing over durant http://youtu.be/qtDTj7mGH0E

discuss.

ForeverHeat
03-10-2014, 05:28 PM
My nikka said "recently" :roll:

Keno
03-10-2014, 05:28 PM
My nikka said "recently" :roll:

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

my boy, you're right.

Solefade
03-10-2014, 05:32 PM
and here's a bonus video of ryan kelly crossing over durant http://youtu.be/qtDTj7mGH0E

had no idea ryan kelly was capable of that d.wade crossover :eek: :eek:

KD making ryan kelly look like cp3 outchea

russwest0
03-10-2014, 05:35 PM
niqqa has been defending like lebron/melo, shit is facepalm worthy.

locking down melo and harden but coasting vs the scrubs that are capable of lighting it up, smh. dude needs to turn it on since the playoffs are coming up.

navy
03-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Dont care

red1
03-10-2014, 05:41 PM
First he gets locked up by kobe in the most important game of the year then he gets locked up by diaw and then jimmy butler gets a turn. Is there anyone he can actually score on?

russwest0
03-10-2014, 05:46 PM
First he gets locked up by kobe in the most important game of the year then he gets locked up by diaw and then jimmy butler gets a turn. Is there anyone he can actually score on?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

he's just tired and shit. or maybe it was the sleeved jerseys :lol

ImKobe
03-10-2014, 05:47 PM
lol 23 shots for 17 points

riseagainst
03-10-2014, 05:47 PM
Agree, he's been defending below average recently. He needs to go back to his old self and stop playing like Lebron.

LongLiveTheKing
03-10-2014, 05:49 PM
He's never been a good defender, lets remember Mario Chalmers dropped 25 on him in the finals.

riseagainst
03-10-2014, 05:51 PM

oh he was just coasting.

red1
03-10-2014, 05:52 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

he's just tired and shit. or maybe it was the sleeved jerseys :lol
Can you imagine him going up against prime mj, bird, or kobe? They would strip him and then dunk on his head every time.

ForeverHeat
03-10-2014, 05:54 PM
Can you imagine him going up against prime mj, bird, or kobe? They would strip him and then dunk on his head every time.

Whats his record against Bron again?

riseagainst
03-10-2014, 05:55 PM

0/2 when Kobe was guarding him?

:confusedshrug:

red1
03-10-2014, 05:56 PM
Can you imagine if bron played in the 90s? Pippen would put him in a straight jacket. His career average would look like the spurs series 17 points on 30%

BlackVVaves
03-10-2014, 05:58 PM
Before Westbrook's return, KD was statistically one of the three best defenders at his position this season. Not sure why he's been inept since then; you'd think with less of an offensive burden to carry now, he'd have more energy available to commit to the defensive end.

He has still been a more consistently effective defender this season than LeBron, which is baffling since LeBron has been in a completely different class than KD defensively prior to this season. And yet, some posters here believe Bron is a DPOY candidate (even more baffling). So, not sure why KD warrants significant criticism if his counterpart receives praise for being an even less devoted defender this year.

Just my two cents.

NumberSix
03-10-2014, 06:00 PM
This is one of the main factors why Durants scoring numbers are so inflated. OKCs defense sucks. They've been giving up an average of around 112 PPG in 2014. Their games are just no-defense shoot outs.

ForeverHeat
03-10-2014, 06:00 PM
Can you imagine if bron played in the 90s? Pippen would put him in a straight jacket. His career average would look like the spurs series 17 points on 30%

Yeah sure uhm hhm I can see where your coming from...fvckin Canada. Pippen admitted Lebron > EVERYONE TO EVER PLAY THE GAME!!! Yet Pippen would "put him in a straightjacket" smh :facepalm
Are you trying to tell me that you, some random guy on the internet, knows Pippens game better than he knows himself?

BlackVVaves
03-10-2014, 06:02 PM

:facepalm

red1
03-10-2014, 06:04 PM
This is one of the main factors why Durants scoring numbers are so inflated. OKCs defense sucks. They've been giving up an average of around 112 PPG in 2014. Their games are just no-defense shoot outs.
His scoring numbers are inflated because of the way they gift him free-throws but it looks like you might be onto something as well

BlackVVaves

112?! Wow. That's strange, because they were heralded by many analysts as being top tier in most defensive metrics.

Any clue what their OPP FG% is off the top of your head?

riseagainst

:biggums:

why you making stuff up?

red1
03-10-2014, 06:05 PM
Yeah sure uhm hhm I can see where your coming from...fvckin Canada. Pippen admitted Lebron > EVERYONE TO EVER PLAY THE GAME!!! Yet Pippen would "put him in a straightjacket" smh :facepalm
Are you trying to tell me that you, some random guy on the internet, knows Pippens game better than he knows himself?
As a basketball scholar yes, that is my final conclusion. I may have been a bit generous with the ppg total.

Keno
03-10-2014, 06:12 PM
lmaooooooo a thread about durant, salty haters bring up lebron for no reason. and he's a ****ing raptors fan at that lmaoooo, you haven't been relevant since the early 00's. you have no room to talk shit.

BlackVVaves
03-10-2014, 06:15 PM

Just checked. The Thunder allow 103 points per game, which is 5th in NBA.

Yet another failed attempt to denounce KD's impact. Nice try, definitely give you an A for effort.

inclinerator
03-10-2014, 06:19 PM
hey werent u on our side :mad:

NumberSix
03-10-2014, 06:20 PM

Yet another failed attempt to denounce KD's impact. Nice try, definitely give you an A for effort.

Oh. I hears the stat wrong then. Must have been since Westbrook came back or something. Check the last 8 games. Maybe that's what it was.

Either way, I can admit when I'm wrong.

red1
03-10-2014, 06:21 PM
hey werent u on our side :mad:
Justice doesnt take sides lmao

ArbitraryWater
03-10-2014, 06:29 PM
I can hear the "Kevin Durant, 3 Shots" in my sleep..

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mczvvgqWPq1r0z22q.gif

BlazerRed
03-10-2014, 06:34 PM
Good old fashioned circle-jerk in here :oldlol:

Seriously though, dude's been lazy as **** on D lately. He's locked down some great players this season when he's zoned in, but he plays down to shitty opponents and then gets torched. The commentators said it well, he looks tired out there lately. Just going through routine, none of that fire he had while Westbrook was out.

BlackVVaves
03-10-2014, 06:38 PM
Oh. I hears the stat wrong then. Must have been since Westbrook came back or something. Check the last 8 games. Maybe that's what it was.

Either way, I can admit when I'm wrong.

Definitely has to be since Westbrook has returned. But don't you think that has to do with them missing Perkins and Thabo? :confusedshrug:

To be honest though, I feel like Thabo has been overrated defensively the last couple of years. He has more game winners scored on him than anyone else I've seen these last few years. So not sure if its completely Thabo's absence, or merely OKC's substandard effort.

Either way, KD needs to step it up defensively. While its not necessarily his fault a smaller player in Bazemore was quicker to the basket than him (he's just faster), KD should have used his length on that last lay-up to block his shot.

NumberSix
03-10-2014, 06:41 PM
Definitely has to be since Westbrook has returned. But don't you think that has to do with them missing Perkins and Thabo? :confusedshrug:

To be honest though, I feel like Thabo has been overrated defensively the last couple of years. He has more game winners scored on him than anyone else I've seen these last few years. So not sure if its completely Thabo's absence, or merely OKC's substandard effort.

Either way, KD needs to step it up defensively. While its not necessarily his fault a smaller player in Bazemore was quicker to the basket than him (he's just faster), KD should have used his length on that last lay-up to block his shot.
I checked. It's 110.3 per game since Westbrook has been back.

Still. In the same time, Miami is giving up 94.

chazzy
03-10-2014, 06:42 PM
The real question is when op will stop overusing "lmaoooooooo" in every post

red1
03-10-2014, 06:43 PM
a sure sign of a homosexual

Darius
03-10-2014, 06:50 PM

Why people still using unmodified "points allowed" doe?

points allowed per 100 possession is what matters.

BlackVVaves
I checked. It's 110.3 per game since Westbrook has been back.

Still. In the same time, Miami is giving up 94.

Yeah, 110 is pathetic. I bet it also has to do with their shot selection. Those missed, long jumpers create fast break opportunities and more possessions for the opposition. They've just been jacking up shots like its nobody's business.

The Heat, conversely, have stepped it up these last 2 or 3 weeks defensively. Much better than they were before the All Star break.

Keno

never. because shit is hilarious here.

La Frescobaldi
03-10-2014, 08:11 PM
Good old fashioned circle-jerk in here :oldlol:

Seriously though, dude's been lazy as **** on D lately. He's locked down some great players this season when he's zoned in, but he plays down to shitty opponents and then gets torched. The commentators said it well, he looks tired out there lately. Just going through routine, none of that fire he had while Westbrook was out.

this right here.

Eric Cartman
03-10-2014, 08:16 PM
Lil B got in his head mane.

Grey Dawn
03-10-2014, 08:19 PM
Haha butthurt Bron Stan agenda thread cuz he's still so salty from yesterday's Heat loss and Bron fail :roll:

aj1987
03-10-2014, 08:22 PM
Haha butthurt Bron Stan agenda thread cuz he's still so salty from yesterday's Heat loss and Bron fail :roll:
Didn't KD miss a bunch of FT's and 3 pointers at the end of the 4th, that could've sealed the game?

JohnFreeman
03-10-2014, 08:26 PM
Re: so not one going to call out durant's putrid defense recently?

Grey Dawn
03-10-2014, 08:32 PM
lmaooooooo a thread about durant, salty haters bring up lebron for no reason. and he's a ****ing raptors fan at that lmaoooo, you haven't been relevant since the early 00's. you have no room to talk shit.

Lmaoooooo another thread about Durant by insecure salty bron Stan's who are still raging over yesterday's loss and are looking to redirect the focus off FailBron

SpecialQue
03-10-2014, 08:33 PM
I will.

Hey KD, your defense sucks ****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBQ2mjkvYY8