PDA

View Full Version : Memphis has the 8th seed

sammichoffate
03-10-2014, 09:06 PM
:djparty
Just gotta keep it away from Phoenix and Dallas now

SHABBA
03-10-2014, 09:07 PM
They'll be 7th at worst by the end of the reg season.

Deuce Bigalow
03-10-2014, 09:09 PM
Rematch of #1 and #8 Spurs vs Memphis?

sammichoffate
03-10-2014, 09:09 PM
They'll be 7th at worst by the end of the reg season.Doesn't matter tbh, they cause problems for any team that plays them in the first round.

moe94
03-10-2014, 09:10 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/4679204/kevin-durant-gatorade-o.gif

sammichoffate
Rematch of #1 and #8 Spurs vs Memphis?

8They could either do that or go up against OKC, like last year but with OKC having WB.

Akrazotile
:djparty
Just gotta keep it away from Phoenix and Dallas now

It's so damn weak that these teams will miss out on the playoffs while the ****ing bobcats and nets will get in.

DO SOMETHING SILVER :mad:

Inferno
03-10-2014, 09:11 PM
No one wants to play these guys 1st round.

moe94
03-10-2014, 09:12 PM

That misleading seeding. :coleman:

Inferno
03-10-2014, 09:17 PM
That misleading seeding. :coleman:

Yeah, that shitty start took a long time to recover from :lol

Even if they miss the playoffs now, they'll be getting a lottery pick, even though they're probably a 5-6 seed level team :lol

sammichoffate
03-10-2014, 09:17 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/4679204/kevin-durant-gatorade-o.gifhttp://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1608545/XRFVLZl.gif

JUDGE WITNESS
03-10-2014, 09:18 PM
z-bo!

sammichoffate
03-10-2014, 09:18 PM
Yeah, that shitty start took a long time to recover from :lol

Even if they miss the playoffs now, they'll be getting a lottery pick, even though they're probably a 5-6 seed level team :lol:roll: Grindhouse keeps on Grinding

Eric Cartman
03-10-2014, 09:19 PM
:lol However faces them is gonna be going fishing early...

Rooster
03-11-2014, 02:08 AM

Pops might rest his players down the road if Memphis is on the 8th spot or go for it if Memphis moves up. That tough and grind series can take its toll. Players get bang up, some may get injured.

ABfor3
03-11-2014, 02:16 AM
Memphis is Memphis, a tough, gritty team who can pull upsets

JohnFreeman
03-11-2014, 02:17 AM
I haven't watched one Memphis game this year

oarabbus
03-11-2014, 02:23 AM
It's so damn weak that these teams will miss out on the playoffs while the ****ing bobcats and nets will get in.

DO SOMETHING SILVER :mad:

No, seriously though, it's an embarassment. The Pacers, Heat, Raptors, and Bulls are the only East teams deserving of playoff spots. Whoever doesn't make it between Phoenix/Memphis/Dallas definitely deserves to make it over the Wizards and down.

Eric Cartman
03-11-2014, 02:36 AM
Memphis is Memphis, a tough, gritty team who pulls upsets

Fixed

bdreason
03-11-2014, 02:43 AM
That's a scary 8th seed.

JohnFreeman
03-11-2014, 02:46 AM
If Warriors and Memphis are on the bottom, that is scary for OKC and Spurs

T_L_P
03-11-2014, 02:56 AM
If Warriors and Memphis are on the bottom, that is scary for OKC and Spurs

I'm praying for Dallas

JohnFreeman
03-11-2014, 02:58 AM
I'm praying for Dallas
Even Dallas are scary, If Dirk, Ellis and Calderon are all on their games :eek:

UK2K
03-11-2014, 03:00 AM
Id like Houston to take avoid them at all costs.

Eric Cartman
03-11-2014, 03:01 AM

Don't think contenders in the West would loose much sleep going against Ellis and Calderon :lol

JohnFreeman
03-11-2014, 03:03 AM
Don't think contenders in the West would loose much sleep going against Ellis and Calderon :lol
Why? Same thing can be said about Neal and Green in last years finals?

T_L_P
03-11-2014, 03:06 AM

The thing is, they'll have to keep Dirk and co. playing until the end of the season if they want to stay in the Playoffs. That's really advantageous for us.

andremiller07
03-11-2014, 03:16 AM
I haven't watched one Memphis game this year
Your missing out than, as long as they don't face the Spurs they can beat anyone in the West.

All Net
03-11-2014, 03:17 AM
Last team anybody wants in the first round.

RoseCity07
03-11-2014, 03:20 AM
I don't fear any team, but Memphis is the worst possible match up for Portland. Conley is really a great point guard. They play touch defense. Just a really solid team. It amazes me they can't seem to get the pieces to push them over the top. They have been a bit stagnant for years.

Megabox!
03-11-2014, 03:27 AM
OKC better not get that #1 seed if Memphis is 8th. Spurs are the only team that I can see taking care of them with much more ease than the other teams out West

LONGTIME
03-11-2014, 03:46 AM
They ****ed up getting rid of Hollins their not going anywhere.

wally_world
03-11-2014, 05:16 AM
Overrated this season. OKC will beat them in 5, Spurs in 6.

Basketbolero
03-11-2014, 05:36 AM
IF I am Clippers, OKC or Houston my preferences for the 1st round are in this order:

Dallas
Portland
GSW
Memphis

Spurs may prefer to avoid GSW though

Can't wait for the playoffs!

sportjames23
03-11-2014, 05:44 AM
Doesn't matter tbh, they cause problems for any team that plays them in the first round.

LAC want to avoid Memphis. It's like the Grizz (along with the Warriors) get up for the Clippers more than any other team.

mugiwara
03-11-2014, 05:47 AM
Mike Miller motherfukers.

Magic731
03-11-2014, 06:39 AM
I'd rather play Phoenix than the Grizz. Unless I'm the Clippers.

icewill36
03-11-2014, 06:58 AM
people actually want memphis in the playoffs ? worst team to watch in the west.

sorry id rather phoenix with bledsoe back in the lineup.

noob cake
03-11-2014, 07:02 AM
Want:
Spurs (3-0 should be good things to come, Harden is certified Spurs killer)
Blazers (First option is a mid range jump shooter, second option is the worst finishing star guard in the league. Howard and Asik makes Lillard finish at sub 0.300 clip near the rim.)
Warriors (We own the Warriors)
Mavericks (Terry and Barea are no longer Mavs. Rockets are simply better)

Avoid:
Clippers (0% chance we beat them in a series)
OKC (OKC is beatable)
Memphis (Playing a 7 game series will wear down our players)

Conference are so messed up. LeBron gets to coast against Lolcats and Hawks. Spurs/OKC gets Memphis in the first round.

toxicxr6
03-11-2014, 09:02 AM
Meh I don't see Memphis giving the top 4 teams much difficulty in the first round.. A month ago the west was alot closer...now I feel the top 4 teams have clearly broken away from the rest..
Spurs, OKC (will fix most there issues soon), Rockets and Clippers... I can't see any of them getting upset In the first round to be honest unless there is injuries...
However the second round will be epic in the west... I really hope the spurs get the top seed.. Cause that will probably leave OKC and the Rockets to play in the 2nd round..that will be one tough series that I can seer going either way.. I think the spurs have the edge over the clippers too..
You should get a ring for winning the west this year seriously..

T_L_P
03-11-2014, 09:06 AM
Meh I don't see Memphis giving the top 4 teams much difficulty in the first round.. A month ago the west was alot closer...now I feel the top 4 teams have clearly broken away from the rest..
Spurs, OKC (will fix most there issues soon), Rockets and Clippers... I can't see any of them getting upset In the first round to be honest unless there is injuries...
However the second round will be epic in the west... I really hope the spurs get the top seed.. Cause that will probably leave OKC and the Rockets to play in the 2nd round..that will be one tough series that I can seer going either way.. I think the spurs have the edge over the clippers too..
You should get a ring for winning the west this year seriously..

If we face one of those teams (Rockets/Thunder), I think we can pull off the win. If we have to face them both, it's all over.

I'm really hoping we face Dallas first, then the Clippers (I honestly don't fear them one bit), then it will have to be the Thunder or Rockets (providing no upsets of course).

turnaroundJ
03-11-2014, 09:26 AM
Does anyone really wanna watch this year's Mavericks over the Suns and Grizzlies?

Basketbolero
03-11-2014, 09:42 AM
Does anyone really wanna watch this year's Mavericks over the Suns and Grizzlies?
Over Suns yeah, Grizzlies? Nope

All Net
03-11-2014, 09:45 AM
There will be tougher match-ups for all the west teams in round one but I think most will expect Thunder, Spurs, Clippers, Rockets in round two.

TexasBloodMoney
03-11-2014, 10:14 AM
What exactly are people pumping up Memphis for? Yeah, they're better than the lower-tier playoff teams but they're not dictating who comes out of the West. It's been either OKC or SA for a while now, and neither is going to be too "beat up" to get to the finals. The Grizzlies' physicality isn't nearly as big a problem as people are making it out to be. Phoenix/Portland/Houston can run teams down with their pace as well.

That said, I'm glad Memphis is in the playoffs (for now at least). Should make for at least 1 exciting playoff series.

sammichoffate
03-11-2014, 11:25 AM
What exactly are people pumping up Memphis for? Yeah, they're better than the lower-tier playoff teams but they're not dictating who comes out of the West. It's been either OKC or SA for a while now, and neither is going to be too "beat up" to get to the finals. The Grizzlies' physicality isn't nearly as big a problem as people are making it out to be. Phoenix/Portland/Houston can run teams down with their pace as well.

That said, I'm glad Memphis is in the playoffs (for now at least). Should make for at least 1 exciting playoff series.They got 56 wins last season, and they got to the WCF, albeit against the Clippers and an OKC that had an injured Westbrook. Their roster this season has more shooters and much more balance offensively while not dropping off defensively because of Lionel's absence, I give mad props to Joerger for that. Switching Bayless for Lee has helped them out A LOT this season, and Conley has gotten even better from last year, still mad underrated.

gasolina
03-11-2014, 11:47 AM
Honestly I don't even want the grizz in the playoffs. I'm perfectly happy getting a midlevel pick, although we'll f*ck it up Thabeet style.

A lot of people saying the grizz won't really beat anyone in the first round, to some extent I might agree, but this isn't 2k14. Long playoff battles take their toll on teams/players.

Remember Aaron McKie got nothing in the finals after Glen Robinson just punished him game after game. Even Zbo got so gassed after beating up Griffin and Collisson in the 1st 2 rounds, didn't have enough for the Spurs D.

That's the reason you don't want to play Memphis.

SpecialQue
03-11-2014, 12:04 PM

That said, I'm glad Memphis is in the playoffs (for now at least). Should make for at least 1 exciting playoff series.

Comments like this annoy the shit out of me. No, it HASN'T been OKC/SA "for awhile now." They each had ONE finals appearance since the Kobe/Gasol Lakers stopped winning.

TexasBloodMoney
03-11-2014, 12:13 PM
They got 56 wins last season, and they got to the WCF, albeit against the Clippers and an OKC that had an injured Westbrook. Their roster this season has more shooters and much more balance offensively while not dropping off defensively because of Lionel's absence, I give mad props to Joerger for that. Switching Bayless for Lee has helped them out A LOT this season, and Conley has gotten even better from last year, still mad underrated.

Agree with all of that. Just saying that they're not ruining the real contenders' title hopes.

Comments like this annoy the shit out of me. No, it HASN'T been OKC/SA "for awhile now." They each had ONE finals appearance since the Kobe/Gasol Lakers stopped winning.

Did I say 10 years? No. But those two have been the only teams with a real shot at a championship from the West the past couple seasons (as opposed to GS/LAC/MEM etc... those teams weren't/aren't nearly as complete).

Cone
03-11-2014, 12:55 PM

why wouldnt u wanna watch them?

they're better than both suns and grizz, and are more exciting

ImKobe
03-11-2014, 01:15 PM
Grizzlies are a problem for teams like LAC, POR & OKC, none of the 3 want them in the Playoffs.

Despite Memphis hardly making the POs, you have to realize that Marc was out for a big stretch so if they are healthy come Playoff time they will be as dangerous as they were last year. They have a pretty deep roster with the addition of Mike Miller, who shoots nearly 45% from 3 & Conley's 3 ball has been pretty good as well & they also have Courtney Lee. Even Leuer can shoot the 3.

3rd in points allowed, 9th in DRTG(Marc missing so many games left it's mark), top 10 in opposing FG% with only less than 3% behind Indiana.

Any team that goes against Memphis will have their hands full. I root for those boys to make the Playoffs.

LONGTIME
03-11-2014, 01:29 PM
Grizzlies are a problem for teams like LAC, POR & OKC, none of the 3 want them in the Playoffs.

Despite Memphis hardly making the POs, you have to realize that Marc was out for a big stretch so if they are healthy come Playoff time they will be as dangerous as they were last year. They have a pretty deep roster with the addition of Mike Miller, who shoots nearly 45% from 3 & Conley's 3 ball has been pretty good as well & they also have Courtney Lee. Even Leuer can shoot the 3.

3rd in points allowed, 9th in DRTG(Marc missing so many games left it's mark), top 10 in opposing FG% with only less than 3% behind Indiana.

Any team that goes against Memphis will have their hands full. I root for those boys to make the Playoffs.

They are not a problem for OKC.

mr.big35
03-11-2014, 01:47 PM
Grizzlies are a dangerous team come playoff time. they are peaking at the right time.

ImKobe
03-11-2014, 01:51 PM
They are not a problem for OKC.

They were a problem last time :confusedshrug:

LONGTIME
03-11-2014, 02:00 PM
They were a problem last time :confusedshrug:

Only because Westbrook was hurt and Ibaka completely disappeared.

ImKobe
03-11-2014, 02:02 PM
Only because Westbrook was hurt and Ibaka completely disappeared.

And you're saying Ibaka can't disappear this year?

Even without Westbrook it should have been a closer series with Kevin Martin & those boys. KD has obviously improved from last season in terms of passing, but I don't trust Westbrook in the clutch right now because he takes some very difficult shots like he's Kobe, but he isn't.

LONGTIME
03-11-2014, 02:19 PM
And you're saying Ibaka can't disappear this year?

Even without Westbrook it should have been a closer series with Kevin Martin & those boys. KD has obviously improved from last season in terms of passing, but I don't trust Westbrook in the clutch right now because he takes some very difficult shots like he's Kobe, but he isn't.

Sure he can, so can Z-bo, Conley or Gasol cuts both ways. OKC wouldn't beat anyone in a playoff series with the way their playing right now. They better get their shit together or their looking at a first round exit this year.

Boarder Patrol
03-11-2014, 02:49 PM
Spurs in 4.

ImKobe
03-11-2014, 03:05 PM
Sure he can, so can Z-bo, Conley or Gasol cuts both ways. OKC wouldn't beat anyone in a playoff series with the way their playing right now. They better get their shit together or their looking at a first round exit this year.

That's my point though, I'm basing my opinion on what's going on right now. OKC is sliding & Memphis is improving.

Memphis started 10-15 and have been 26-11 since then.

Meanwhile, OKC has lost 5 out of their last 10.

sammichoffate
03-11-2014, 06:59 PM

Any team that goes against Memphis will have their hands full. I root for those boys to make the Playoffs.Got my Conley shirt ready :rockon:

sammichoffate
03-11-2014, 07:01 PM
Agree with all of that. Just saying that they're not ruining the real contenders' title hopes.We'll see, some people were picking them to win a 7 game series against Miami last year if they got past San Antonio. The potential to upset multiple teams is there.