PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on JKidd coaching now?

roffie
03-10-2014, 10:58 PM
i remember at the start of the season ppl on ISH were saying how bad he is.. but now nets are on a positive record was wondering what ppl thinks now?

i don't watch any of the nets games so i'm curious if its just good team chemistry or coaching.. etc:biggums:

CelticBaller
03-10-2014, 10:59 PM
changed my opinion on him

Smook A.
03-10-2014, 11:01 PM
He's not that bad actually.

I think the main reason why the Nets were struggling at the start of the season was because of chemistry issues. Now, I think the team finally knows eachother

JohnFreeman
03-10-2014, 11:01 PM
I thought it was chemistry issues, not his coaching.

roffie
03-10-2014, 11:02 PM

yea but im pretty sure on ISH everyone was saying FIRE KIDD FIRE KIDD

Clyde
03-10-2014, 11:03 PM

agreed.

That was basically an entirely new team.

Akrazotile
03-10-2014, 11:04 PM
yea but im pretty sure on ISH everyone was saying FIRE KIDD FIRE KIDD

Everyone was.

But you wont find them in this thread now.

mattvNJ
03-10-2014, 11:07 PM
well i mean is it hard to believe people not wanting a rookie coach to coach a team that is in win now mode? With players at the end of their careers and a ton of money on the line. Threads like this are subjective and using hindsight. The team initial looked like a disaster but they have too much veteran talent to not figure out how to become atleast solid. Still wish they went with lionel, and have kidd as the assistant for a year or two.

CelticBaller
03-10-2014, 11:10 PM
Everyone was.

But you wont find them in this thread now.
:confusedshrug:

inclinerator
03-10-2014, 11:53 PM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/197phtp09gkh2gif/ku-xlarge.gif

dgaras
03-11-2014, 12:43 AM
i wasnt

i had his back since day 1

you cant stop a genius from doing what he does

Harison
03-11-2014, 12:56 AM
Nets are winning despite of Kidd. His rotations are still awful, forced minutes constrains costed some games, tactics after times outs and closing the games are bad too.

On the positive side Kidd is learning, but still that only means improvement from by far the worst coach in NBA to below average. Imagine if Pops would have a hand on so much talent? :eek: Better record than Spurs, seriously.

tpols
03-11-2014, 01:55 AM
Most of the offensive 'sets' are just isos with mismatches.. whether its livingston on a shorter PG, dwill on a big man after a switch, JJ on a skinny SG etc They just look for mismatches and swing when help comes and score if it doesnt. There really doesnt look like there's much to it.

imnew09
03-11-2014, 01:57 AM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/197phtp09gkh2gif/ku-xlarge.gif

one of the GOAT gif :bowdown:

SexSymbol
03-11-2014, 02:50 AM
He still sucks, if the Nets doesn't advance past second round, fire him

Yankstar
03-11-2014, 04:00 AM
He is learning. Don't hate on a a rookie coach :biggums:

swagga
03-11-2014, 04:38 AM
Nets are winning despite of Kidd. His rotations are still awful, forced minutes constrains costed some games, tactics after times outs and closing the games are bad too.

On the positive side Kidd is learning, but still that only means improvement from by far the worst coach in NBA to below average. Imagine if Pops would have a hand on so much talent? :eek: Better record than Spurs, seriously.

delusional :roll:

Real Men Wear Green
03-11-2014, 07:19 AM
He's learning his craft. No reason to fire him now but he started badly, and his lack of experience was why I didn't think it was a good hire at the start of the season.

niko
03-11-2014, 09:03 AM
At the time I thought it was ridiculous how much blame he got for essentially learning his job and his team being old and slow. He's done a good job, but he's getting way too much credit now, in the playoffs their "system" is going to get badly exposed. (They can't rebound, and rely heavily on Livingston, who against Chicago especially is going to be schemed out by playng zone off him.)

He seems like he's developing into a good coach which is the point of a rookie hire. The Nets wanted him to lead a title contender, but they got a lot wrong about that.

kshutts1
03-11-2014, 09:17 AM
Most of the offensive 'sets' are just isos with mismatches.. whether its livingston on a shorter PG, dwill on a big man after a switch, JJ on a skinny SG etc They just look for mismatches and swing when help comes and score if it doesnt. There really doesnt look like there's much to it.

I don't get it... is seeking out and exploiting mismatches a bad thing?

Teanett
03-11-2014, 09:23 AM

but that's the great thing about them.
it's the easiest way to get points and given this is only their 1st season together it's what they should be doing.
kidd's done a great job to get them to exploit every mismatch esp going through livingston.

I<3NBA
03-11-2014, 09:50 AM
they removed Lawrence Frank. the team got good. saboteur exposed.