PDA

View Full Version : The Mavs can beat the pacers in a 7 game series, true or false?

Random_Guy
03-11-2014, 05:47 AM
Obviously they are not going to match up, but day hypothetically both teams get to the finals, which team do you see taking it? Playoffs are all about match ups and I just think the Mavs is a nightmare match up for the pacers.

creepingdeath
03-11-2014, 06:26 AM
True, but unfortunately, the Mavs are not in the weak a$$ East.

Random_Guy
03-11-2014, 08:22 AM
True, but unfortunately, the Mavs are not in the weak a$$ East.
True, just thought it was an interesting questionnaire regardless

Basketbolero
03-11-2014, 09:22 AM
True. If the Mavs were in the East they'd probably be the 3rd seed so it would not be a huge upset, really.

swagga
03-11-2014, 09:26 AM
Mavs are a bad fit for the pacers but in a 7 game series the pacers depth and physicality is too much for the mavs.

KrizMiz
False

Indiana in 5/6 - even if they dont have homecourt

noob cake
A hot Dirk can beat any team by himself.

swagga
03-11-2014, 09:28 AM
A hot Dirk can beat any team by himself.

Maybe 3 years ago, he can still get hot but he don't have the same stamina.

DMAVS41
03-11-2014, 10:46 AM
Certainly a terrible matchup for the Pacers. The Mavs have a great offense and Dirk creates issues for West in which he wastes so much energy guarding Dirk that he doesn't really do much offensively or on the boards.

And the Pacers offense is so inept that the really poor defense of the Mavs isn't taken advantage of.

The Pacers would likely win, but it would go at least 6 and it wouldn't be a shock to see the Mavs win in 7 either. Just a bad matchup and more reason why it sucks that the conferences are so unbalanced. The Mavs would at least make the 2nd round and could definitely make the conference finals in the east.

And they have a real chance at missing the playoffs in the West...what a joke.

nathanjizzle
03-11-2014, 10:56 AM
if monta ellis wasnt on the mavs, i would give the mavs little to no chance of beating the pacers. but because ellis is the offensive will of the mavs, then they have a chance.

kentatm
03-11-2014, 10:57 AM
Mavs are a bad fit for the pacers but in a 7 game series the pacers depth and physicality is too much for the mavs.

http://i.imgur.com/9USzh.jpg

Basketbolero
03-11-2014, 11:02 AM
http://i.imgur.com/9USzh.jpg
:lol

What an epic run that was

DMAVS41
03-11-2014, 11:05 AM
if monta ellis wasnt on the mavs, i would give the mavs little to no chance of beating the pacers. but because ellis is the offensive will of the mavs, then they have a chance.

Ellis has been great this year...maybe the best he's played all around as a player in his career.

He's no Dirk, but that isn't an insult.

He's about as good as Rose ever was though...

Bones_Jones
03-11-2014, 11:05 AM
True, just thought it was an interesting questionnaire regardless

implausible hypotheticals is a waste of time.

kentatm
03-11-2014, 11:07 AM
implausible hypotheticals is a waste of time.

whoa bro, do you even InsideHoops my man?

Basketbolero
03-11-2014, 11:13 AM
Ellis has been great this year...maybe the best he's played all around as a player in his career.

Now I see where you get those 'Rose fans' opinions from...

aj1987
03-11-2014, 11:15 AM
False. The Pacers and PG are just in a funk right now. PG will bounce back and so will the Pacers offense. Then, there's the Pacers defense (Hibbert's "verticality"). Pacers on 5 max.

Im Still Ballin
03-11-2014, 11:16 AM
Indy in 7 games, down to the wire game 7

NOW if Mavs still had Chandler, then Mavs in 6

Random_Guy
03-11-2014, 11:22 AM
False. The Pacers and PG are just in a funk right now. PG will bounce back and so will the Pacers offense. Then, there's the Pacers defense (Hibbert's "verticality"). Pacers on 5 max.
the pacers have literally no matchup for dirk though?

Rocketswin2013
03-11-2014, 11:28 AM
Indiana would sweep. Seriously Dallas doesn't have the defense for half-court basketball. And they are a jumpshooting team.

Random_Guy
03-11-2014, 11:31 AM
Indiana would sweep. Seriously Dallas doesn't have the defense for half-court basketball. And they are a jumpshooting team.
dont think so, the problem is pacer offense just isnt that good.

aj1987
03-11-2014, 11:31 AM
the pacers have literally no matchup for dirk though?
West? Why on the Mav's can stop PG (assuming his jumper isn't as broken as it is now) though?

Aslo, outside of Dirk, the Mavs don't have much scoring. Ellis can be shut down by PG, which would cripple their offense.

Rocketswin2013
03-11-2014, 11:34 AM

Ellis is pretty much much worse than Rose at everything. That was a joke.

B-Easy8
03-11-2014, 11:35 AM
Would the Pacers be a playoff team in the West?

Random_Guy
03-11-2014, 11:37 AM
I would assume that marion would be on PG?

Dro
03-11-2014, 12:47 PM
Ish has officially lost its mind....So the Mavs would take the Pacers to 7 games now? You seriously think Dirk will dominate for an ENTIRE series against one of the statistically best defenses in the past 20 years? Man, how quickly a losing streak can change perceptions. For as inept as the Pacers offense may be, they still have more scorers than Dallas and I don't see how Dallas is supposed to stop them AND score enough points to beat them 4 times....Come on now...If this question were asked 2 months ago, the op would have been laughed off the forums. So now that they're not playing as well, they'd lose to Dallas?

mr.big35
03-11-2014, 01:49 PM
false mavs got old players and they dont play defense

Genaro
03-11-2014, 01:56 PM
So I guess you wouldn't put ur money on the Rocets as well.

MavsPoke
03-11-2014, 02:21 PM

Pacer have no depth. Last game the Mavs bench outscored the Pacers bench 42-4.

MavsPoke
03-11-2014, 02:24 PM
false mavs got old players and they dont play defense

Do you have to play good defense against the Pacers? So far they have put up 73 and 94 against the Mavs this year. LOL

Levity
03-11-2014, 02:27 PM
Pacer have no depth. Last game the Mavs bench outscored the Pacers bench 42-4.

Indy has turner coming off the bench now. Bynum will make his debut tonight (though, who knows if he can still bring anything to a team, but its a possibility) Scola is a great piece to come off the bench and watson is a respectable back up PG.

Thats a fair bench right there.

MavsPoke
03-11-2014, 02:41 PM
Indy has turner coming off the bench now. Bynum will make his debut tonight (though, who knows if he can still bring anything to a team, but its a possibility) Scola is a great piece to come off the bench and watson is a respectable back up PG.

Thats a fair bench right there.

They have one of the worst benches in the league.

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/teamstats/14/7/pts/1-1

There are a lot of reasons the Pacers could beat the Mavs, but their depth isn't one of them.

Scola has been awful this season.

Bynum :lol