PDA

View Full Version : Damian Lillard & Patrick Beverley sending shots at each other

Inferno
03-11-2014, 01:43 PM
http://nba.si.com/2014/03/10/damian-lillard-patrick-beverley-blazers-rockets/

Lillard started with
[QUOTE]After Houston prevailed 118-113 thanks to James Harden

LONGTIME
03-11-2014, 01:47 PM
Clear offensive foul on Lillard. You can't wipe guys out with your off arm like that. :no:

KevinDurant35
03-11-2014, 01:47 PM
Should be fined for that flop :facepalm

SCdac
03-11-2014, 01:48 PM
probably a testament to his pesky defense.

Bowen pissed off alot of offensive players and heard some whining but like Beverly he also got respect from those who could take the heat.

russwest0
03-11-2014, 01:48 PM
Should be fined for that flop :facepalm

A fine for flopping? Whats that?

Say one bad thing about the refs, you better be ready to empty out your wallet. Now, flop, and, no one cares.

LONGTIME
03-11-2014, 01:50 PM
probably a testament to his pesky defense.

Bowen pissed off alot of offensive players and heard some whining but like Beverly he also got respect from those who could take the heat.

Bowen was a dirty player, Beverly is not.

Inferno
03-11-2014, 01:51 PM
Clear offensive foul on Lillard. You can't wipe guys out with your off arm like that. :no:

You're not being serious right? :coleman:

O_City_Thunder
03-11-2014, 01:54 PM
Beverly's "flop" in question
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/842934308.gif

WTF? He literally looked like he got shot. Knees buckled and everything. What a disgrace! :facepalm

LONGTIME
03-11-2014, 01:55 PM
You're not being serious right? :coleman:

He clearly grabbed his jersey and threw him to the ground. :coleman:

O_City_Thunder
03-11-2014, 01:56 PM
:oldlol:

ImKobe
03-11-2014, 01:56 PM

He grabbed his jersey but cmon man, the fall was obviously exaggerated.

Genaro
03-11-2014, 02:00 PM
It's a flop. I called it on gametime. Ridicoulos that NBA still allow that kind of thing.

YouGotServed
03-11-2014, 02:03 PM
I read about this yesterday. Lillard is just being a sore loser. He can't stand Beverley because he doesn't give him anything easy. Lillard is a 3 pt shooting softie. Beverley got under his skin. Mission accomplished.

LONGTIME
03-11-2014, 02:08 PM
If you look closely he also rakes him across his broken nose. That's why he goes down like he was just shot by a sniper. :coleman:

russwest0
03-11-2014, 02:08 PM
I read about this yesterday. Lillard is just being a sore loser. He can't stand Beverley because he doesn't give him anything easy. Lillard is a 3 pt shooting softie. Beverley got under his skin. Mission accomplished.

Lillard a softie...

:oldlol:

tmacattack33
03-11-2014, 02:12 PM

I'm not sure you are viewing that correctly.

Lillard's elbow went behind Beverly's head in that video and there was no contact.

The only contact appeaers to be Lillard's hand getting caught on Beverly's jersey.

Rose'sACL
03-11-2014, 02:19 PM
If you are not trying to bend the rules to work in your favor then you are not trying hard enough.
League should increase the fine for flopping. that is the only solution. why shouldn't players flop to give their team an advantage if fine is 5k only? you have to know where to flop though so that you get the call.

STATUTORY
03-11-2014, 02:21 PM
Damian better watch his mouth, pat Beverly has injured players better than him

Xsatyr
03-11-2014, 02:27 PM
I'm not sure you are viewing that correctly.

Lillard's elbow went behind Beverly's head in that video and there was no contact.

The only contact appeaers to be Lillard's hand getting caught on Beverly's jersey.

His forearm got him across the face. It's a foul but Bev completely exaggerated the contact to get the call.

miggyme1
03-11-2014, 04:19 PM

lmao u aint lying

Ai2death
03-11-2014, 04:27 PM
His forearm got him across the face. It's a foul but Bev completely exaggerated the contact to get the call.

Dunno, I've watched it a few times now and Lillard doesn't make contact with Pats face at all. The only contact was Lillards hand getting caught up in Pats jersey for all of 2 seconds.

ArbitraryWater
03-11-2014, 04:32 PM
One of the worst flops I ever seen wow..

MP.Trey
03-11-2014, 04:37 PM
Dunno, I've watched it a few times now and Lillard doesn't make contact with Pats face at all. The only contact was Lillards hand getting caught up in Pats jersey for all of 2 seconds.
Looks like the the forearm slightly came across Beverly's chin to me. Still a total flop though.

EDIT: Upon closer review, he may have not even hit his chin. :oldlol:

Marlo_Stanfield
03-11-2014, 04:41 PM
Beverley is a giant POS with the ability to walk on two legs.
everyone outside of houston homers knows this.
he has absolutely ZERO value as a basketball player.
his offense is none existent, he has negative court vision and he cant even defend without fouling all game long.
he gets screened soo easily, gets beat on first steps and makes up for it with handchecking and little fouls.
acts all hard and shit.
then flops like a fcking retard himself.
this guy is a complete psychopath. i dont get why he gets more than 15 minutes per game. absolutely unbelievable.
he nearly lost the game for the rockets when he let Lillard just run away from himon Portlands last play in regulation.
he can be lucky that Lin left Williams open and made an absolutely incredible defensive steal.
in other words beverley shouldnt even be in the NBA let alone starting.
he called himself a defensive superstar last week:biggums: :biggums: :coleman:

wang4three
03-11-2014, 04:45 PM
People used to say the same thing about Bruce Bowen and he'd respond exactly the same.

Jameerthefear
03-11-2014, 04:51 PM
Good. Beverly is doing what he is there for.

blazersfan52
03-11-2014, 04:52 PM
His finger got caught in Beverlys jersey, and then Beverly threw himself to the ground, thats a flop.

SamuraiSWISH
03-11-2014, 04:53 PM
These two homos just said neither one of them cares about what happened, they aren't ones to complain, then they go whine, and bitch ... basically be passive-aggressive females in regards to the situation. Lillard would drop his period on the floor if he was being guarded by prime Rodman, or playing in the 90s when you could touch perimeter players.

BlazerRed
03-11-2014, 05:17 PM
http://nba.si.com/2014/03/10/damian-lillard-patrick-beverley-blazers-rockets/

Lillard started with

And Beverley responded

Beverly's "flop" in question

The confrontation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64kxe2EgEPo

Dat Flop :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm Lebron James like.

YouGotServed
03-11-2014, 05:22 PM
Lillard clearly elbows him in the nose area. That's an automatic offensive foul.

JimmyMcAdocious
03-11-2014, 05:23 PM
If you look closely he also rakes him across his broken nose. That's why he goes down like he was just shot by a sniper. :coleman:

Wait, you're not trolling?

:coleman:

RightToCensor
03-11-2014, 05:23 PM
Lillard is such a dirty player. Only idiots are arguing that PatBe flopped.

bmd
03-11-2014, 05:27 PM
Here is a better view. You can clearly see Lillard's hand smack Beverley in the nose/mouth area. You can see Beverley's head snap very quickly and his hair move when he gets smacked.

http://giant.gfycat.com/DependentDelightfulFlatfish.gif

TheReal Kendall
03-11-2014, 05:46 PM
It looks like he hit him but it didn't seem like it was enough to make him fall like that.

Beverly acted like he just took a hook from prime Tyson.

It's a foul and a flop.

bmd
03-11-2014, 05:53 PM
It looks like he hit him but it didn't seem like it was enough to make him fall like that.

Beverly acted like he just took a hook from prime Tyson.

It's a foul and a flop.He does have a broken nose. I'm sure it didn't feel good.

If it was actually a foul, then it's not a flop. He maybe exaggerated his response to the contact, but the contact was there.

Coaches teach players to "sell the foul" when they get fouled.

hahaitme
03-11-2014, 05:53 PM
Lol @ rockets fans in this thread. :roll: :roll: :roll:

bmd
03-11-2014, 06:05 PM
Lol @ rockets fans in this thread. :roll: :roll: :roll:No, lol @ all the people in this thread who said he didn't get hit.

G-train
03-11-2014, 06:10 PM
He exaggerated the contact but who cares.
The real issue here is how far into Lillard's brain Beverley has seeped.

Smook A.
03-11-2014, 06:16 PM
He has only injured westbrook and that was an accident

KyrieTheFuture
03-11-2014, 06:25 PM
He got hit in the face, that's a foul.

I hate Beverly but that dude has Lillard's ass SHOOK. You can't let someone into your head so badly you bitch to the media about it. That's embarrassing.

oarabbus
03-11-2014, 06:28 PM

Jrue Holiday too - in a preseason game no less
I'm sure there are others

red1
03-11-2014, 06:29 PM
I dont mind these flops where there is actual contact

Marlo_Stanfield
03-11-2014, 06:33 PM
I dont mind these flops where there is actual contact
but you cry when lebron does it.
lol at this flop beverley wasnt even touched:roll: :roll:

red1
03-11-2014, 06:34 PM
but you cry when lebron does it.
lol at this flop beverley wasnt even touched:roll: :roll:
lebron is a known flopping bitch though. it makes a difference

YouGotServed
03-11-2014, 06:45 PM
Jrue Holiday too - in a preseason game no less
I'm sure there are others

:roll: He didn't injure Holiday. Quit talking out of your ass, LOF.

oarabbus
03-11-2014, 06:54 PM
:roll: He didn't injure Holiday. Quit talking out of your ass, LOF.

He Jalen Rose/Bruce Bowen'ed him. He tried to do that **** to Curry as well, sticking his feet out. Didn't work luckily. WTF is a LOF :biggums:

Marlo_Stanfield
03-11-2014, 06:56 PM
He Jalen Rose/Bruce Bowen'ed him. He tried to do that **** to Curry as well, sticking his feet out. Didn't work luckily. WTF is a LOF :biggums:
its a retarded word by Houston fans who are ALL Lin haters which they give to Rockets fans who also like Lin.it means" Lin only Fan" If you dont hate on Lin you arent a cool houston fan.
they just follow the example of their fat idol Clutch who runs Clutchfans and who is the NR.1 Lin hater in the country because hes homosexual and he thinks Lin doesnt like ****.
since you are a GSW fan its double stupid

andremiller07
03-11-2014, 06:59 PM
Every team needs/wants a player like Patrick Beverley you need these types to win at least one of them.

oarabbus
03-11-2014, 07:00 PM
its a retarded word by Houston fans who are ALL Lin haters which they give to Rockets fans who also like Lin.it means" Lin only Fan" If you dont hate on Lin you arent a cool houston fan.
they just follow the example of their fat idol Clutch who runs Clutchfans and who is the NR.1 Lin hater in the country because hes homosexual and he thinks Lin doesnt like ****.
since you are a GSW fan its double stupid

ROFL. That fool is calling me a "Lin only fan"?
http://www.ebengregory.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/shaq-laugh.gif

YouGotServed must have too much d1ck up his ass and can't think straight.

Smook A.
03-11-2014, 07:03 PM
Every team needs/wants a player like Patrick Beverley you need these types to win at least one of them.
Exactly.

YouGotServed
03-11-2014, 07:06 PM

No, he didn't. You dont know anything about Houston lmao. Stick to watching the Warriors, LOF.

Myth
03-11-2014, 07:31 PM
Grazed or not, it was a total flop and a super weak foul call. And that shit got Lillard fouled out.

JimmyMcAdocious
03-11-2014, 07:46 PM

Eh, every championship team needs a James Posey or a Nick Collison. I don't think they are analogous with Patrick Beverley.

STATUTORY
03-11-2014, 07:54 PM
and JRUe, Pbev is a legit thug on the court, plays with reckless abandon. I see this guy do questionable stuff every game

bmd
03-11-2014, 08:07 PM
and JRUe, Pbev is a legit thug on the court, plays with reckless abandon. I see this guy do questionable stuff every gameYou don't watch every game so shut the **** up.

Inferno
03-11-2014, 08:21 PM
These two homos just said neither one of them cares about what happened, they aren't ones to complain, then they go whine, and bitch ... basically be passive-aggressive females in regards to the situation. Lillard would drop his period on the floor if he was being guarded by prime Rodman, or playing in the 90s when you could touch perimeter players.

Lillard's pissed because he fouled out in OT from that call

andremiller07
03-11-2014, 08:46 PM
Beverley kind of reminds me of what Lindsey Hunter was later in his career with the Pistons with the D and three point shooing ability

JUDGE WITNESS
03-11-2014, 09:02 PM
lol @ dat delayed reaction. then again it is flop-town

WWRWestbrookDo?
03-11-2014, 09:44 PM
It's pretty funny that the only reason Beverly is famous was because of the Westbrook injury

Myth
03-12-2014, 05:21 AM
Bev cheap shotting Westbrook today. Lillard validated?

Milbuck
03-12-2014, 05:35 AM
Beardsley coming up short, Beverley being a dirty little shit, Parsons looking cute as ever...in other words, another typical Rockets game.

Overdrive
03-12-2014, 08:15 AM

No, you need defensive glue guys. What you don't need is players trying to hurt others. Players who's only purpose is to take out marquee players at any cost.

YouGotServed
03-12-2014, 12:44 PM
Bev cheap shotting Westbrook today. Lillard validated?

No, he didn't cheap shot Westbrook. No, Lillard is still a 3 point shooting softie scared of contact .

Fact.

Inferno
03-12-2014, 12:52 PM
No, he didn't cheap shot Westbrook. No, Lillard is still a 3 point shooting softie scared of contact .

Fact.

He wrapped Westbrook up after the whistle was called

Marlo_Stanfield
03-12-2014, 12:55 PM

Fact.
and you are still a scumbag:roll: :roll:

YouGotServed
03-12-2014, 01:02 PM
He wrapped Westbrook up after the whistle was called

No, he went for the ball. Try again.

Inferno
03-12-2014, 01:10 PM
No, he went for the ball. Try again.

Except the whistle was already blown and he decided to try wrapping Westbrook up instead. I'm fine with Beverley; I'd love him on my team, but the foul on Lillard and the thing with Westbrook were questionable

YouGotServed
03-12-2014, 01:13 PM
Except the whistle was already blown and he decided to try wrapping Westbrook up instead. I'm fine with Beverley; I'd love him on my team, but the foul on Lillard and the thing with Westbrook were questionable

lol No they aren't. Those are clean basketball plays. Try again.

Inferno
03-12-2014, 01:16 PM
lol No they aren't. Those are clean basketball plays. Try again.

I'll grant you the Lillard one because some contact was made, but he clearly went at Westbrook after the whistle for a timeout was called...he got a tech for a reason

RightToCensor
03-12-2014, 01:17 PM
OKHick and Jailblazer fans are shook :roll:

YGS stays living rent free. :applause:

RichieW
03-12-2014, 01:19 PM
Seriously, people think that was a flop by Beverly? Dude has a broken nose, it would take only minimal contact for a reaction like that

YouGotServed
03-12-2014, 01:20 PM
I'll grant you the Lillard one because some contact was made, but he clearly went at Westbrook after the whistle for a timeout was called...he got a tech for a reason

No, he got a tech because of preconceived notions and the history between the 2.

Try again.