PDA

View Full Version : The Clippers announcers are ridiculous.

navy
03-11-2014, 02:41 PM
Did anyone catch the conversation where they were talking about Blake Griffin's shot coach saying he would become the best shooter in the nba because of is work ethic? Instead of acknowledging the blatant hyperbole they agreed with it. :roll:

DuMa
03-11-2014, 02:42 PM
i will haggle with that

Levity
03-11-2014, 02:47 PM
ye, theyre both pretty goofy. one thing i love about ballstreams.com is that i get to listen to a bunch of different team announcers from teams outside of california. ive actually found a handful i enjoy listening to because of it.

Akrazotile
03-11-2014, 02:48 PM
i will haggle with that

Settle down, Duma.

senelcoolidge
03-11-2014, 02:51 PM
I've heard much much worse. Look at Denver, Boston, New Orleans, just to name 3 that are really bad.

navy
03-11-2014, 02:52 PM
ye, theyre both pretty goofy. one thing i love about ballstreams.com is that i get to listen to a bunch of different team announcers from teams outside of california. ive actually found a handful i enjoy listening to because of it.

I like listening to them, but they are over the top. I try to listen to all the home team announcers for every game no matter who's playing.

Fiasco
03-11-2014, 02:52 PM
i will haggle with that

:oldlol:

SpecialQue
03-11-2014, 02:58 PM
i will haggle with that

GOAT reply.

Spaulding
03-11-2014, 03:07 PM
Ya...the announcers are pretty bad. They are biased also, which I detest.

Darius
03-11-2014, 03:09 PM
Announcers gon homer :confusedshrug:

At least the Clippers announcers aren't mean-spirited about it, just goofy.

The worst announcers that don't just prop up their team but bash the other teams and bitch about the refs.

I'm looking at your Spurs & Denver.

Budadiiii
03-11-2014, 03:15 PM
GOAT reply.
http://www.maniacworld.com/goat-vs-electric-fence.jpg

SpecialQue
03-11-2014, 03:17 PM
Announcers gon homer :confusedshrug:

At least the Clippers announcers aren't mean-spirited about it, just goofy.

The worst announcers that don't just prop up their team but bash the other teams and bitch about the refs.

I'm looking at your Spurs & Denver.

Ugh, the Spurs announcers are the fvcking worst with that shit.

Fiasco
03-11-2014, 03:41 PM
Ugh, the Spurs announcers are the fvcking worst with that shit.

"Look at that Bill, how disrespectful of Ibaka to smash his head into Tim's elbow like that! Unbelievable how many things the Thunder get away with!"

gts
03-11-2014, 03:44 PM
I don't mind Lawler, he's done his time with the Clipps and if he wants to be a homer he can have it..

The other guy :facepalm he's beyond being a homer, he's downright delusional

JohnMax
03-11-2014, 04:01 PM
Clipper games on national TV are just as bad. Announcers go crazy over Griffins athleticism.

bmd
03-11-2014, 04:02 PM
What exactly do you guys mean as far as being homers on a local broadcast? When an announcer is clearly pulling for one team?

Or when they are putting down the other team while propping up their own team? Or looking at replay's in a biased manner in favor of their team?

What exactly is a homer in your book?

qrich
03-11-2014, 04:02 PM
i will haggle with that

Why did this thread even go on after this?

PsychoBe
03-11-2014, 04:04 PM
i like unbiased and objective commentators like the pacers commentators gives props to both teams when they're doing well regardless. my personal favorite one will always be doug collins he's spectacular.

bmd
03-11-2014, 04:40 PM
i like unbiased and objective commentators like the pacers commentators gives props to both teams when they're doing well regardless. my personal favorite one will always be doug collins he's spectacular.Doug Collins was an announcer for national broadcasts.

That is a lot different from local broadcasts.

You can't compare the two when talking about homerism or bias.

KOBEtherealKing
03-11-2014, 04:45 PM
worst are blazers, rockets, clippers, and celtics.

best are the lakers and the black guy from the knicks

lakers are pretty bad now to, the new white guy is annoying. every time someone goes to the rim, he has an exaggerated yell. "young fakes left, crossover and JAMS IT INTO THE RIMMMMM" :no:

Levity
03-11-2014, 04:52 PM
lakers are pretty bad now to, the new white guy is annoying. every time someone goes to the rim, he has an exaggerated yell. "young fakes left, crossover and JAMS IT INTO THE RIMMMMM" :no:

agreed. i loved me some joel meyers, but i cant stand bill mac. he seems like a nice guy, but his play by play announcing resembles an excited child watching his favorite cartoon while describing it to his parents.

qrich
03-11-2014, 04:57 PM
agreed. i loved me some joel meyers, but i cant stand bill mac. he seems like a nice guy, but his play by play announcing resembles an excited child watching his favorite cartoon while describing it to his parents.

That dude was the worst "announcer" of all-time.

PsychoBe
03-11-2014, 04:58 PM
Doug Collins was an announcer for national broadcasts.

That is a lot different from local broadcasts.

You can't compare the two when talking about homerism or bias.

yea true but i was more so speaking in general of everybody.

spurs announcers are pretty good.

cleveland announcers are okay sometimes. i hate how that one guy still calls bran the "l-train" he should have gave that up in 03' :facepalm

Levity
03-11-2014, 04:59 PM
Joel Meyers was a bore and never seemed to have energy for big plays.

Perhaps(though, that was never an issue with me), but he was also extremely knowledgeable about the NBA. he understood offenses and defenses, as well as NBA rosters down to their last bench guy. and he was never biased. Hes doing great in NOR, so i can still enjoy him there.

Bill on the other hand, gets calls completely wrong a lot of the time. Even more so last year, but hes been slowing improving in that aspect.

Levity
03-11-2014, 05:02 PM
That dude was the worst "announcer" of all-time.

hes a million times better than mike smith. but ones a color commentator and ones a play by play, so maybe theyre not comparable.

Proctor
03-11-2014, 06:07 PM
BINGOOOOO!!!!

:hammerhead: :hammerhead:

qrich
03-11-2014, 06:59 PM
hes a million times better than mike smith. but ones a color commentator and ones a play by play, so maybe theyre not comparable.

No one is worse than Meyers was, just not possiblee

Akrazotile
03-11-2014, 07:08 PM
It's funny because when I lived in NY state the local games I got were the Knicks/Nets. So I was used to listening to Mike Breen, who obviously does national games as well, and Clyde Frazier. They're a top notch duo. Then the Nets have Ian Eagle, also an award winning national broadcaster.

So when I moved to LA, it took me a while to warm to Ralph and Mike. Because I was comparing them not only to announcers I was already partial to, but basically the best in the business. I assumed Ralph and Mike were just average local announcers. Then eventually I got league pass and was astounded at how much worse practically every other team in the league has it. Basically Knicks, Nets, and Clippers have legit broadcasts, virtually everyone else is super weaksauce by comparison.

aj1987
03-11-2014, 07:10 PM
Miami has the best announcers, IMO.

Darius
03-11-2014, 07:17 PM
It's funny because when I lived in NY state the local games I got were the Knicks/Nets. So I was used to listening to Mike Breen, who obviously does national games as well, and Clyde Frazier. They're a top notch duo. Then the Nets have Ian Eagle, also an award winning national broadcaster.

So when I moved to LA, it took me a while to warm to Ralph and Mike. Because I was comparing them not only to announcers I was already partial to, but basically the best in the business. I assumed Ralph and Mike were just average local announcers. Then eventually I got league pass and was astounded at how much worse practically every other team in the league has it. Basically Knicks, Nets, and Clippers have legit broadcasts, virtually everyone else is super weaksauce by comparison.

Agreed. Mike Smith is a huge homer but he is - at least - knowledgeable and upbeat. He goes and does research.

Ralph is a legend. Dead-pan/self-depreciating.

75% of the announcers in the league literally sound retarded. Like some old dude rambling at the back of a barbershop. They get all these old-time former players who don't even seem like they take their job seriously. Just something to do between rounds of golf. Weird since 90% of the male population would kill for their job.

oarabbus
03-11-2014, 07:19 PM
Miami has the best announcers, IMO.

Nah man.

I'd say the Lakers and Knicks have by far the best announcers. Portland has very, very good, non-homer commentators. I like our Warriors commentators too but obviously I'm biased there.

Clippers are amongst the worst in the league definitely.

dannywpt
03-11-2014, 07:43 PM
Good:

Knicks
Nets
Lakers
Heat
Pacers
Bulls

Neutral:

Trail Blazers
Warriors
Thunder
Wizards
Bobcats
Hawks
Magic
76ers
Bucks
Rockets
Timberwolves
Raptors
Mavericks
Grizzlies
Pelicans
Kings
Jazz

Bad:

Spurs
Celtics
Clippers
Cavaliers
Pistons
Nuggets

:confusedshrug:

oarabbus
03-11-2014, 07:44 PM
Good:

Knicks
Nets
Lakers
Heat
Pacers
Bulls

:confusedshrug:

The Bulls and Heat have terrible announcers man... Bulls are homer as FVCK and... need I say more than "kaboom!"

dannywpt
03-11-2014, 07:49 PM
I don't know, I enjoy listening to both. Maybe they just have soothing voices. I also feel like the Chicago announcers are super hyped for their players, but they also really give credit when opposing players make huge plays.

As for the Heat, I just like the play-by-play guy's voice. Come to think of it I don't like his sidekick. Downgraded to neutral. Neither Heat or Bulls are anywhere near Nets/Knicks though :cheers:

aj1987
03-11-2014, 07:51 PM
Nah man.

I'd say the Lakers and Knicks have by far the best announcers. Portland has very, very good, non-homer commentators. I like our Warriors commentators too but obviously I'm biased there.

Clippers are amongst the worst in the league definitely.
Laker commentators are really good. Clyde and Breen are amazing as well. Warrior commentators are good, but the last game we played you guys, they were slurping LeBron HARD. Heat commentators are extremely unbiased, IMO.

sammichoffate
03-11-2014, 07:55 PM
Good:

Knicks
Nets
Lakers
Heat
Pacers
Bulls

Neutral:

Trail Blazers
Warriors
Thunder
Wizards
Bobcats
Hawks
Magic
76ers
Bucks
Rockets
Timberwolves
Raptors
Mavericks
Grizzlies
Pelicans
Kings
Jazz

Bad:

Spurs
Celtics
Clippers
Cavaliers
Pistons
Nuggets

:confusedshrug:Good List :applause:

toooo
03-11-2014, 08:05 PM
How can you guys hate on the clippers announcers? The guys have great chemistry and keep up with everything around the league.

"Calm down mike smith"

oarabbus
03-11-2014, 08:11 PM
How can you guys hate on the clippers announcers? The guys have great chemistry and keep up with everything around the league.

"Calm down mike smith"

They literally gargle Griffin's balls CONSTANTLY.

"Oh no, Blake got a foul" they literally whine on national TV, it's pathetic

SpecialQue
03-11-2014, 08:13 PM
They literally gargle Griffin's balls CONSTANTLY.

"Oh no, Blake got a foul" they literally whine on national TV, it's pathetic

Smith is so bad with this. This guy seriously wants Blake to **** his mouth. :facepalm

qrich
03-11-2014, 09:31 PM
How anyone can hate on MILPH is :facepalm

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-11-2014, 09:36 PM
How anyone can hate on MILPH is :facepalm

Dont f*ck with the law. It's....the law.

Save for Mike Smith's "Griff love", they're still the best duo in the league. Golden State, LAL (mostly Stu), and Chicago's are great too.

Grey Dawn
03-11-2014, 09:37 PM
'Bingo'!

Golden Grizz
03-11-2014, 09:37 PM
The same guys that got suspended for calling Hamed Haddadi "Borat"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN5zyimKsp4

NBA team announcers are nauseating. Finally gave NBALP a shot and have to mute all the games. Homering is one thing but they all refer to their team as "we" and sound clueless about the opponents.

SpecialQue
03-11-2014, 09:41 PM
The same guys that got suspended for calling Hamed Haddadi "Borat"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN5zyimKsp4

NBA team announcers are nauseating. Finally gave NBALP a shot and have to mute all the games. Homering is one thing but they all refer to their team as "we" and sound clueless about the opponents.

Jesus. Smith sounds like a fvcking douche there. Ralph's also in fine racist form.

Bones_Jones
03-11-2014, 09:47 PM
lol you guys amuse me so much. anything else you hate about the clippers? i'm sure you have a long list.

Akrazotile
03-11-2014, 10:07 PM
I've honestly NEVER understood why it bothers people that the home broadcasters are bias for their team. That's part of the charm of the local broadcast. The vast majority of people watching the thing are for the local team. So what's the big deal? It's not like the broadcasters are down there refereeing. It's just entertainment.

The Clips announcers are at least lively and articulate, that's pretty much all I care about. Half these other teams announcers sound like they're broadcasting from a high school gym and are about to doze off, the others mumble and jumble their words and say bizarre things that don't even make sense.

rogmatic
03-11-2014, 10:20 PM
The thing I like about the Clips dip is that they are always very complimentary about the opposing team. Yes, Mike Smith is insane for Griffin but they sold give props to the visitors. Some announcers just bash the other team - constantly pointing out weaknesses in their games. That is far worse to me that being kind of goofy.

mugiwara
03-11-2014, 10:32 PM
Clippers play by play is as condescending moron.