PDA

View Full Version : Does Brooklyn have a better chance of beating Miami or Indiana?

Sharmer
03-11-2014, 07:16 PM
I think Brooklyn will upset Miami this year, if not go close. I don't think they can get past Indiana, especially if Bynum is healthy and productive.

Thoughts?

Olacinco
03-11-2014, 07:18 PM
Miami... Without a doubt.. It wouldn't really even be an upset considering the domination we've already put on them this season..

Pacers gunna be tough.. If KG performs I think we have a chance but it would deff be an upset

red1
03-11-2014, 07:20 PM
lets be real. they're not beating anybody

oarabbus
03-11-2014, 07:20 PM
:applause:

Sharmer
03-11-2014, 07:24 PM

book marked. :no:

red1
03-11-2014, 07:25 PM
book marked. :no:
:roll: yeah go ahead and bookmark

Sharmer
03-11-2014, 07:25 PM
Miami... Without a doubt.. It wouldn't really even be an upset considering the domination we've already put on them this season..

Pacers gunna be tough.. If KG performs I think we have a chance but it would deff be an upset

I think come playoffs AK47 will be more important.

It's A VC3!!!
03-11-2014, 07:27 PM

That is true and I do agree with you. However, that is not the question OP is asking.

I believe that the Nets can take the Heat to 6, likely 7 but lose to the Pacers in 5 due to their size. We are 2-0 against the Heat this season and 0-4 against the Pacers. Two of our losses to the Pacers have been by 3 points and by 1 point and the other two blowouts. They are just too big for us when we are missing Brook.

red1
03-11-2014, 07:30 PM
To answer the question they are far more likely upset miami. Maybe a 25% chance vs something like a 10% chance against indy. Both are unlikely as f*ck

Sharmer
03-11-2014, 07:33 PM
They're 1-1 with Miami in the regular season.

I think people are under estimating Brooklyn come playoffs.

Solefade
03-11-2014, 07:37 PM
inb4 chicago knocks them out in first round again with their B squad

Legends66NBA7
03-11-2014, 07:37 PM
If it's a choice, then Miami... but even that's a reach since the Heat are a different team come playoff time.

They are 2-0, both coming on their home court.

Who's underestimating them ?

All I've heard all season long is about how they are supposed to be contending for a title. They have looked better recently, but at this rate they would have to make like 3 upsets to win title.

It's A VC3!!!
03-11-2014, 07:50 PM

They are 2-0 with the third game tomorrow.

And if anything, people are overrating us. Although we are playing much better in the new calendar year this team still has bad tendencies that can become lethal come playoff time.

Nets don't give a consistent defensive effort for 48 minutes and often go stretches of pure isolation basketball. And at times, they do both at the same time. The Nets would need 2014 Deron, vintage Pierce, vintage KG and sharp-shooter Joe to advance past the second round of the playoffs. Can it happen? Sure, although it's not too likely that all four click at the same time for an entire series. I'd be happy and VERY sad if we pushed the Heat to 7. And this is completely assuming Nets even get past the first round. We are by no means guaranteed to beat the Raptors or Wizards in the first round.

Sharmer
03-11-2014, 07:56 PM

And if anything, people are overrating us. Although we are playing much better in the new calendar year this team still has bad tendencies that can become lethal come playoff time.

Nets don't give a consistent defensive effort for 48 minutes and often go stretches of pure isolation basketball. And at times, they do both at the same time. The Nets would need 2014 Deron, vintage Pierce, vintage KG and sharp-shooter Joe to advance past the second round of the playoffs. Can it happen? Sure, although it's not too likely that all four click at the same time for an entire series. I'd be happy and VERY sad if we pushed the Heat to 7. And this is completely assuming Nets even get past the first round. We are by no means guaranteed to beat the Raptors or Wizards in the first round.

They rank 22nd in PPG. But defensively they're pretty good now. They remind me of the 2010 Celtics that played only average during the regular but made it to the finals.

They're definitely getting to the second round.

It's A VC3!!!
03-11-2014, 08:14 PM
They rank 22nd in PPG. But defensively they're pretty good now. They remind me of the 2010 Celtics that played only average during the regular but made it to the finals.

For the entire season Nets are 16th in offense and 15th on defense rating. If you want to include just 2014 its 5th on offense and 14th on defense and number 1 by far in forced turnovers.

niko
03-11-2014, 08:31 PM

Those "people" are you. :lol And the answer is Indiana. Playoff Miami would shit on you. Indiana might have trouble scoring,.

Boarder Patrol
03-11-2014, 08:57 PM
Quite literally think they have a <1% chance of beating either of them.

Miami is more likely though, but let's focus on getting past round 1 first.

Legends66NBA7
03-11-2014, 10:14 PM
Those "people" are you. :lol And the answer is Indiana. Playoff Miami would shit on you. Indiana might have trouble scoring,.

They would both shit on them.

Pacers might have trouble scoring, but they would stop the other team from scoring too. Plus, the rebounding and defense advantage would fall to the Pacers favour. When team has that advantage, it's usually the team that wins a playoff series regardless how well either team can score.

niko
03-11-2014, 10:22 PM
They would both shit on them.

Pacers might have trouble scoring, but they would stop the other team from scoring too. Plus, the rebounding and defense advantage would fall to the Pacers favour. When team has that advantage, it's usually the team that wins a playoff series regardless how well either team can score.
I don't think they come close but I could see Brooklyn/Indy 2-2 due to Indy losing their offense for a few games. Indy would still win. Miami would smash Brooklyn.

AintNoSunshine
03-11-2014, 10:29 PM
It wouldn't shock me if they upset either, but I'll be a little surprised

raid09
03-11-2014, 10:34 PM

Just noting that the Celtics had to go through Dwight's Magic and LeBron's Cavs, both of which are a far cry from the Pacers and Heat.

KDthunderup
03-11-2014, 10:35 PM
They aren't doing shit without Lopez

niko
03-11-2014, 10:35 PM
People are nuts if they think the Nets are beating either one. I'm shocked so many people think so. The Nets are just ok, they are the 4th best team in the conference, and the conference is garbage.

It's A VC3!!!
03-11-2014, 10:45 PM
People are nuts if they think the Nets are beating either one. I'm shocked so many people think so. The Nets are just ok, they are the 4th best team in the conference, and the conference is garbage.
people just want another team to dethrone lebron because they hate him so much. even though the nets can't dethrone the heat some of these fans will still cling onto that hope, for whatever reason.

Legends66NBA7
03-12-2014, 12:52 AM

What distinguish's the Nets as the 4th best team in the conference ?

JohnFreeman
03-12-2014, 12:56 AM
Indiana. Nets have Pierce and Garnett with their veteran savvy

HylianNightmare
03-12-2014, 01:03 AM
Miami

ZHAKIDD532
03-12-2014, 07:11 AM
They aren't doing shit without Lopez

The Nets are 7-10 with Lopez in the lineup this season, 25-20 without him.

niko
03-12-2014, 08:55 AM
What distinguish's the Nets as the 4th best team in the conference ?
Fourth or fifth. Just an oversight on my part on your Raptors. I put the Bulls third just because playoff wise they are battle tested, you are not.

Heat/Pacers/Bulls NetsorRaptors then the crap that brings up the back end.

Brook(lyn)Lopez
03-12-2014, 09:12 AM
Much better chance against the Heat then the Knicks if they get the 1 - 8 matchup.

Dro
03-12-2014, 09:51 AM
The Nets are 7-10 with Lopez in the lineup this season, 25-20 without him.
Missing Lopez in the playoffs>>>>>>>Missing Lopez in the regular season.

swagga
03-12-2014, 10:10 AM
People need to realize that in the playoffs starters will play more minutes. That does not bode well for a very old team. Also they won't play miami till the second round so they very probably will have to through toronto/bulls/washington so injuries to important players are quite probable.

Even so miami is extremely fast for them and would rip them a new one in a 7 game series. They'd tire really fast imo.

All Net
03-12-2014, 10:12 AM
They don't have much chance against either.

Derka
03-12-2014, 10:15 AM
I don't think they have a realistic shot against either in a seven-game series, but if I had to answer I'd say Miami.

Sharmer
03-13-2014, 02:45 AM
Like I said people are under estimating the nets, they are now 3-0 during the regular season with the Miami.

Brokenbeat
03-13-2014, 02:55 AM
Shame about Lopez because it seems like the Nets have worked out their kinks (and hopefully KG's back will stop acting up). They need to let Thornton, Blatche, Plumlee, and Livingston start doing more of the heavy lifting so that Pierce/AK/Deron can stay healthy down the stretch. I still don't really see them having a shot against either team though. Crazier things have happened, I guess.

Sharmer
03-13-2014, 07:32 PM
In 08 the Wizards beat the champs for that year the Celtics twice during the regular so it doesn't always cross over to wins in the playoffs. I'm still tipping a upset by Brooklyn in the Playoffs.

It's A VC3!!!
03-13-2014, 07:51 PM
In 08 the Wizards beat the champs for that year the Celtics twice during the regular so it doesn't always cross over to wins in the playoffs. I'm still tipping a upset by Brooklyn in the Playoffs.

I actually think that a 3-0 could act as a detriment for the Nets if they were to play the Heat in the playoffs. The reason is because they Nets are playing like they have something to prove right now. If they face the Heat and already have it planted in their head that they are 3-0, they could be a little cocky and not give 100% effort.

Certainly we would never go 3-0 against them in the playoffs but like I said, a definite 6 game series, possibly and likely a 7 game series. The only way we would win is if Deron takes advantage of Chalmers, which he hasn't been doing at all. Of course Paul and Joe would need to continue averaging 24 and 20, respectively, as they have been vs. the Heat this season thus far.

Fire Colangelo
03-13-2014, 08:10 PM
I have a feeling Nets won't get past the 1st round.

crunk-juice
03-13-2014, 08:24 PM
I think they'd win 2 against either

The JKidd Kid
03-13-2014, 08:58 PM
They have a better chance to beat either than the Raptors, thats for sure.

Legends66NBA7
03-13-2014, 09:06 PM
I have a feeling Nets won't get past the 1st round.

They are currently in line to face Chicago.

If Chicago has HCA, then I don't see why they don't win again.

Legends66NBA7
03-15-2014, 09:26 PM
Too inconsistent.

It's A VC3!!!
03-15-2014, 09:41 PM
Too inconsistent.

I agree. they were consistent for three quarter tonights then laid an inexplicable egg in the fourth quarter. How do you let Gooden go for 21 points? That is just disgusting, literally. deron needs to be more of a damn leader. dude never fights back when the team needs him most.