PDA

View Full Version : What is the hype regarding the greek freak "Giannis Antetokunmpo"?

tgan3
03-12-2014, 04:41 AM
Other then having a nice sounding name?

Game against the wolves:

22 mins 0-5 FG 4 Pts

:confusedshrug:

Don't really follow him, but stat wise his disappointing. His avgs are 7pt a game in 24 mins.

I can see the durant-esque comparison in his physical attributes that hes really long (Like almost 7 feet with long arms), but skill wise Durant is light years ahead of him...

This guy is called the future of the Greek NT? :facepalm
Even Bennett with adjusted minutes scores more than him...

buddha
03-12-2014, 04:46 AM
he has big hands.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/members/jl-438646-albums-random-pics-pic109183-ghands2.jpg

iamgine
03-12-2014, 04:46 AM
He has the potential. Durant wasn't very good his rookie year too...

Milbuck
03-12-2014, 05:06 AM
I'm gonna be 100% honest here, no messing around. Whenever I hear his name or see it written anywhere, I get the FIRMEST erection. I'm totally straight, but there is literally nothing that gets me harder.

If I ever suffer from erectile dysfunction, my go-to fix would be screaming his name repeatedly with the intensity of a hundred howler monkeys. That, or writing his name on my walls in red lipstick and staring that shit down like a Tiger stalking it's prey.

Brokenbeat
03-12-2014, 05:28 AM
I'm gonna be 100% honest here, no messing around. Whenever I hear his name or see it written anywhere, I get the FIRMEST erection. I'm totally straight, but there is literally nothing that gets me harder.

If I ever suffer from erectile dysfunction, my go-to fix would be screaming his name repeatedly with the intensity of a hundred howler monkeys. That, or writing his name on my walls in red lipstick and staring that shit down like a Tiger stalking it's prey.

Dude, seriously... just look at those hands. I bet he's hung like a trojan horse and willing to penetrate your walls just to release his troops. I'm not sure that's a gate you want to open. :eek:

Olacinco
03-12-2014, 05:45 AM
Dude, seriously... just look at those hands. I bet he's hung like a trojan horse and willing to penetrate your walls just to release his troops. I'm not sure that's a gate you want to open. :eek:

Would not be surprised if he has a "micropenis" and that it the cause I his mediocre play:confusedshrug:

Dro
03-12-2014, 06:04 AM
Probably that he's a black greek. People who don't study their history probably never knew such a thing existed. But the media shows you that all the greeks from ancient times were pale white guys....

Olacinco
03-12-2014, 06:05 AM
Probably that he's a black greek. People who don't study their history probably never knew such a thing existed. But the media shows you that all the greeks from ancient times were pale white guys....

I tend to think of Greeks as tan??

DukeDelonte13
03-12-2014, 07:14 AM
it's because he was so young so raw and nobody knew what to expect and as a rookie he looks like he belongs.

Myth
03-12-2014, 07:43 AM
He puts up pretty much the same numbers as rookie Batum, but is a year younger than Batum was as a rookie. Batum had a ridiculous amount of potential too, and never quite fully capitalized, but still turned out to be a pretty good player. Giannis should hopefully be as good as Batum, but still has a chance to be even better. Players as young as him with as diverse of talents are pretty rare. Most rooks at 19 are usually a little more 1-dimensional, and defense is not usually a strong point in teenaged rookies.

HylianNightmare
03-12-2014, 08:09 AM
Would not be surprised if he has a "micropenis" and that it the cause I his mediocre play:confusedshrug:
Future rep

Overdrive
03-12-2014, 08:27 AM

As learned from the Jordan-dice thread, quite the opposite should be going on if he has a micropenis.

Clyde
03-12-2014, 10:44 AM
Getting wayyyyy off topic here kids.

Anyhow he's has some lackluster games, but every now and then he fills up the entire stat sheet.

The game vs. OKC is a great example of what he is capable of doing.

go youtube it.

SpanishACB
03-12-2014, 11:12 AM

The subconscious leaves us the best clues about the person

Rooster
03-12-2014, 11:16 AM
He is the first Greek in history to averaged over 4 ppg in NBA.:bowdown:

He has that ridiculous upside that he made the Greek's Parliament

To bend over and give him that Greek citizenship.:oldlol:

He is Nigerian by blood but the future of Greece Basketball:bowdown:

mr.big35
03-12-2014, 11:31 AM
he will be the future GOAT

Milbuck
03-12-2014, 12:31 PM
he will be the future GOAT
:cheers: :applause: :pimp:

MiseryCityTexas
03-12-2014, 12:38 PM

lies.com **** outta here. Durant was beasting in his rookie year. His team just sucked ass.

Dro
03-12-2014, 03:41 PM
I tend to think of Greeks as tan??
You could say brown/dark. Much like today, you have light skin and dark skin "black" people.

Pointguard
03-12-2014, 04:24 PM
Other then having a nice sounding name?

Game against the wolves:

22 mins 0-5 FG 4 Pts

:confusedshrug:

Don't really follow him, but stat wise his disappointing. His avgs are 7pt a game in 24 mins.

I can see the durant-esque comparison in his physical attributes that hes really long (Like almost 7 feet with long arms), but skill wise Durant is light years ahead of him...

This guy is called the future of the Greek NT? :facepalm
Even Bennett with adjusted minutes scores more than him...

My guess is he went from playing with kids from Greece to the NBA. These guys are blurs and much bigger than anything he even imagined. He's more than likely not even been around men much. Much less taking the shots he wants and away from them. He's in a different country with no family in sight. Its going to take a bit to acclimate to life, much less ball playing.

kaiteng
03-12-2014, 04:25 PM
He puts up pretty much the same numbers as rookie Batum, but is a year younger than Batum was as a rookie. Batum had a ridiculous amount of potential too, and never quite fully capitalized, but still turned out to be a pretty good player. Giannis should hopefully be as good as Batum, but still has a chance to be even better. Players as young as him with as diverse of talents are pretty rare. Most rooks at 19 are usually a little more 1-dimensional, and defense is not usually a strong point in teenaged rookies.
Comparing Giannis to Batum is pretty close. He could potentially be a 7-feet Batum within 2-3 years. Just let him play, both NBA and international, to grow.

moe94
03-12-2014, 04:26 PM

He was. :biggums:

FKAri
03-12-2014, 05:21 PM
Dude looks exactly like Durant out there. Same body type. Two of the most bizarre builds in the world lol.

smoovegittar
03-12-2014, 05:24 PM
Is he good? Can he play for the Nets?

moe94
03-12-2014, 05:24 PM
Dude looks exactly like Durant out there. Same body type. Two of the most bizarre builds in the world lol.

Lamb is the most awkward looking non big I've ever seen. Also, don't sleep on the boy Prince.

Euroleague
03-12-2014, 05:29 PM
He was the 4th to 5th best player on Greece's JUNIOR national team.

The hype is a bunch of morons like Mill**** that can't differentiate from pure raw talent (which is extremely high) and how good he is actually is (he would not even log a minute of playing time in Panathinaikos or Olympiacos)........

No one except NBA only fans calls him the future of the Greek national team.

Andrew Wiggins
03-12-2014, 05:31 PM
because...
- he's nearly 7 feet tall with crazy length and athleticism
- he has point forward skills
- he has a decent looking jumper
- he has the agility of someone 6 inches shorter than him
- he's extremely young
- he shows flashes of being special in transition

he's not yet polished but his raw potential is out of this world. whether he ever reaches it is another discussion but that's why the hype exists.

Euroleague
03-12-2014, 05:34 PM
He is the first Greek in history to averaged over 4 ppg in NBA.:bowdown:

He has that ridiculous upside that he made the Greek's Parliament

To bend over and give him that Greek citizenship.:oldlol:

He is Nigerian by blood but the future of Greece Basketball:bowdown:

Tsakalidis

Stojakovic

Seikaly

Koufos

Calathes

Your trolling skills are pathetic.

Euroleague
03-12-2014, 05:35 PM
My guess is he went from playing with kids from Greece to the NBA. These guys are blurs and much bigger than anything he even imagined. He's more than likely not even been around men much. Much less taking the shots he wants and away from them. He's in a different country with no family in sight. Its going to take a bit to acclimate to life, much less ball playing.

His family lives in Milwaukee.

Railgun
03-12-2014, 05:36 PM
He's very overrated but he would completely rape the Euroleague, no questions asked.
Bucks fans love him because he has the nice kid label which will wear off soon enough.

Euroleague
03-12-2014, 05:38 PM
because...
- he's nearly 7 feet tall with crazy length and athleticism
- he has point forward skills
- he has a decent looking jumper
- he has the agility of someone 6 inches shorter than him
- he's extremely young
- he shows flashes of being special in transition

he's not yet polished but his raw potential is out of this world. whether he ever reaches it is another discussion but that's why the hype exists.

Yes, except 6-10 in shoes isn't actually "nearly 7 feet". That's just NBA stupid hype gimmick marketing.

So all of that, but actually 6-10. He's nothing near to 7 feet.

Clyde
03-12-2014, 05:39 PM
He was the 4th to 5th best player on Greece's JUNIOR national team.

The hype is a bunch of morons like Mill**** that can't differentiate from pure raw talent (which is extremely high) and how good he is actually is (he would not even log a minute of playing time in Panathinaikos or Olympiacos)........

No one except NBA only fans calls him the future of the Greek national team.

what the hell is a Panathinaikos or Olympiacos??

go home

Euroleague
03-12-2014, 05:40 PM
what the hell is a Panathinaikos or Olympiacos??

go home

Panathinaikos is the team where Calathes was a backup and role player for years.

Olympiacos is the team where Beverley was the third string point guard.

Piss off.

Rooster
03-12-2014, 05:46 PM
Tsakalidis - Georgian

Stojakovic - Serbian

Seikaly - Lebanese

Koufos - American

Calathes - American

Fixed. Transplants.

Clyde
03-12-2014, 05:48 PM
Panathinaikos is the team where Calathes was a backup and role player for years.

Piss off.

Why do you come here spitting none sense that no one agrees with.

We get it, you like European Basketball. You think it's better than the most successful league in the world. You think their players are superior to North Americans.

What you should understand is no one here agrees with you. You aren't going to change anyone's opinion on North American basketball.

To most people here it's like you're arguing the world is flat.

I do have an honest question, do the European teams have an NCAA system?? It seems that some players start professionally at an extremely early age. What gives?

Euroleague
03-12-2014, 05:49 PM
Why do you come here spitting none sense that no one agrees with.

We get it, you like European Basketball. You think it's better than the most successful league in the world. You think their players are superior to North Americans.

What you should understand is no one here agrees with you. You aren't going to change anyone's opinion on North American basketball.

To most people here it's like you're arguing the world is flat.

I do have an honest question, do the European teams have an NCAA system?? It seems that some players start professionally at an extremely early age. What gives?

You are a racist inbred redneck. Piss off.

Euroleague
03-12-2014, 05:49 PM
Fixed. Transplants.

Rooster
03-12-2014, 05:50 PM

Olympiacos is the team where Beverley was the third string point guard.

Piss off.

Olympiakos is the team that the duo of Childress and Kleiza took to Euroleague championship then became afterthoughts in NBA.:bowdown:

Panathinaikos is the team that the corpse of Nique took to Euroleague crown while named the Final Four MVP.:oldlol:

Euroleague
03-12-2014, 05:51 PM
Olympiakos is the team that the duo of Childress and Kleiza took to Euroleague championship then became afterthoughts in NBA.:bowdown:

Panathinaikos is the team that the corpse of Nique took to Euroleague crown while named the Final Four MVP.:oldlol:

Clyde
03-12-2014, 05:52 PM

I'm of Hungarian decent living in Canada.

Euroleague
03-12-2014, 05:52 PM
I'm of Hungarian decent living in Canada.

moe94
03-12-2014, 05:54 PM
:lol

PAOK
03-12-2014, 06:00 PM
extremely talented + just 19 years old

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/files/2013/09/Will-Milwaukee-Bucks%E2%80%99-Giannis-Antetokounmpo-Have-Immediate-Impact.jpg

Choke94
03-12-2014, 07:04 PM
Giannis in not the future of Greek basketball.
He is the Future of Basketball. Period

Euroleague
03-12-2014, 07:10 PM
Giannis in not the future of Greek basketball.
He is the Future of Basketball. Period

Strange how he didn't even stand out in Greece's under 20 team then.....

http://u20men.fibaeurope.com/en/cid_FW2Ym8GSJEAe2vpbWdQMR0.pageID_sniZ4BmSGQQLlPeL-EMh33.compID_UIfgjyQcGqk-fPlnl66Tj0.season_2013.roundID_9350.teamID_291.htm l

Cut the bullshit. He has a lot of talent without any doubt. But so far he has shown nothing other than talent. He's basically the athletic version of Rubio at this point.

Even Papapetrou is a much better player than he is at this time.

He's not the future of anything unless he actually learns how to properly play basketball.

And he's never ever going to learn how to do that for as long as he's playing in Milwaukee.

Smook A.
03-12-2014, 07:25 PM
Im pretty sure Euroleague was born on a highway because that's where accidents happen :confusedshrug:

dr.hee
03-12-2014, 07:29 PM

Says the racist inbred redneck pretending to be from Basque :applause:

These are your fellow Spaniards, right?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-auC7j5M_tio/ThxCTzfE4tI/AAAAAAAAp8Y/ptxz1Dg0HOE/s1600/rednecks.jpg

http://www.redneckresorts.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/blogphoto1.jpg

http://ed_wp-content_v2.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/mud-wrestling-redneck-elite-daily.jpg

You have zero tact you racist POS!!! Reported to our lord Giannis Antetokounmpo for blasphemy!!!!!!!!

Euroleague
03-12-2014, 08:00 PM
****ing moron calling Basques Spaniards........

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

dr.hee
03-12-2014, 08:09 PM
****ing moron calling Basques Spaniards........

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Why do you care whether I call Basques Spaniards, Frenchmen, minor league ethnicity or whatever? You were been born and raised in beautiful Arkansas anyway, so that's none of your business :cheers:

NumberSix
03-12-2014, 08:13 PM
Are you retarded?

veilside23
03-12-2014, 08:41 PM
Strange how he didn't even stand out in Greece's under 20 team then.....

http://u20men.fibaeurope.com/en/cid_FW2Ym8GSJEAe2vpbWdQMR0.pageID_sniZ4BmSGQQLlPeL-EMh33.compID_UIfgjyQcGqk-fPlnl66Tj0.season_2013.roundID_9350.teamID_291.htm l

Cut the bullshit. He has a lot of talent without any doubt. But so far he has shown nothing other than talent. He's basically the athletic version of Rubio at this point.

Even Papapetrou is a much better player than he is at this time.
He's not the future of anything unless he actually learns how to properly play basketball.

papapetrou may not even sniff the NBA. whats your point sure he wasnt that great because he maybe the youngest guy on the team that time.. and do you not know the word improvement ? cant he work on his game to improve...

blacknapalm
03-13-2014, 06:40 AM
you can't just look at stats. bucks run virtually no plays for him. besides being physical, he's flashed some serious skill for his size.

- gone coast to coast after blocking a shot and securing the rebound, scoring on the other end. there's just not many guys his size in the league that can do that, much less at 19

- has had multiple chase down blocks. this involves a great sense of timing and anticipation

- has range to the 3 point line

- above average ball handler for his size. kind of goes back to point #1 but he's fine in the open court as well

- a willing passer and plays within the flow of the offense

- not only has the length and athleticism to play D, but also the willingness and effort. refer back to the chase down blocks but he's also constantly improving as a help side defender

- overall, has a good head on his shoulders and may even see one more minor growth spurt

this dude has double doubles in his future. i seriously see his floor as being nic batum which isn't bad at all. his ceiling is within the top 10 players in the league. it's easy to see his potential.

PAOK
03-13-2014, 08:24 AM
i just hope that the bucks get their shit together so that giannis can develop in a stable organised environment...

Pointguard
03-13-2014, 08:48 AM
His family lives in Milwaukee.
The first three months they weren't here. That has to be a very recent incident. So his acclimation here, he was definitely alone even to the beginning of Febuary of last month, at least. Then when they do get here they are a distraction for at least a month. And if they are here now, they have absolutely no money which is way worse.

tgan3
03-13-2014, 09:43 AM
you can't just look at stats. bucks run virtually no plays for him. besides being physical, he's flashed some serious skill for his size.

- gone coast to coast after blocking a shot and securing the rebound, scoring on the other end. there's just not many guys his size in the league that can do that, much less at 19

- has had multiple chase down blocks. this involves a great sense of timing and anticipation

- has range to the 3 point line

- above average ball handler for his size. kind of goes back to point #1 but he's fine in the open court as well

- a willing passer and plays within the flow of the offense

- not only has the length and athleticism to play D, but also the willingness and effort. refer back to the chase down blocks but he's also constantly improving as a help side defender

- overall, has a good head on his shoulders and may even see one more minor growth spurt

this dude has double doubles in his future. i seriously see his floor as being nic batum which isn't bad at all. his ceiling is within the top 10 players in the league. it's easy to see his potential.

Perry Jones iii has the same kind of physical attributes and potential but dont get as hyped...:confusedshrug:
Austin daye is also kind of similar and is still a scrub at 25...so I don't buy the hype...

Clyde
03-13-2014, 11:00 AM
Perry Jones iii has the same kind of physical attributes and potential but dont get as hyped...:confusedshrug:
Austin daye is also kind of similar and is still a scrub at 25...so I don't buy the hype...

Perry Jones has a bad Knees, and wasn't drafted that young ( due to NCAA suspension and questionable work ethic)...also Perry is expected to last 5 years because of his knee problems.

I see little similarity between Daye and Giannis.....if you mean they are both long and athletic then 80% of the NBA is similar to Giannis.

Please explain further.

Euroleague
03-13-2014, 03:08 PM
i just hope that the bucks get their shit together so that giannis can develop in a stable organised environment...

You are living in a dream world.

Bucks are the equivalent of a B league team in Greece and have been for about 30 years.

Euroleague
03-13-2014, 03:10 PM
papapetrou may not even sniff the NBA. whats your point sure he wasnt that great because he maybe the youngest guy on the team that time.. and do you not know the word improvement ? cant he work on his game to improve...

The players are all the same age on that team idiot.

Playing in the NBA or not does not decide how good you are moron.

Euroleague
03-13-2014, 03:16 PM
The first three months they weren't here. That has to be a very recent incident. So his acclimation here, he was definitely alone even to the beginning of Febuary of last month, at least. Then when they do get here they are a distraction for at least a month. And if they are here now, they have absolutely no money which is way worse.

His older brother has been in the US the whole entire time and they talked every day, usually several times a day and met each other 2 or 3 times a month, some times more than that.

You also make it sound like he came from Afghanistan or something..........

PLEASE

He came from Greece.

GET SERIOUS

He speaks English, reads English, writes English.........comes from a western European first world country that in the first place has MILLIONS of Americans in it at all times.

Stop being so damn xenophobic.

He lived his whole entire life in freaking Athens.

He probably ate at freaking Pizza Hut and McDonald's all the time like most American teenagers and was watching US TV shows on CW all the time too.

Stop being the typical American ignorant douche bag.

Rooster
03-13-2014, 03:22 PM
The players are all the same age on that team idiot.

Playing in the NBA or not does not decide how good you are moron.

Playing against the best competition is the true measure.:no:

This is why VSpan could only watch Lucas, Skip and Head:oldlol:

He's like a Ammo:oldlol:

They can't play on the next level:oldlol:

Euroleague
03-13-2014, 03:28 PM
Playing against the best competition is the true measure.:no:

This is why VSpan could only watch Lucas, Skip and Head:oldlol:

He's like a Ammo:oldlol:

They can't play on the next level:oldlol:

Euroleague has the best competition you racist inbred hick.

Rooster
03-13-2014, 03:31 PM
Euroleague has the best competition you racist inbred hick.

How's Pavlovic and Nociuni doing:oldlol:

It looks like that minor league is still milking some leftovers.:oldlol:

Euroleague
03-13-2014, 04:06 PM
How's Pavlovic and Nociuni doing:oldlol:

It looks like that minor league is still milking some leftovers.:oldlol:

They play on the worst teams in the current competition. That's how they are doing.

Nocioni's team though would sweep the Bucks 4-0 in a 7 game playoff series.

tgan3
03-13-2014, 09:20 PM
Perry Jones has a bad Knees, and wasn't drafted that young ( due to NCAA suspension and questionable work ethic)...also Perry is expected to last 5 years because of his knee problems.

I see little similarity between Daye and Giannis.....if you mean they are both long and athletic then 80% of the NBA is similar to Giannis.

Please explain further.

Daye can play SF, has the typical long 6'10 sf skills and can play defense and shoot the long 2. But still amounts to nothing...

How about a better propsect who was almost equally hyped when younger? Like Anthony Randolph...Same kind of skills, was called the next Kevin Garnett and a potential future hall of famer years back, but still a scrub now...can't you see such hype usually amounts to nothing?

Euroleague
03-14-2014, 11:04 AM
Daye can play SF, has the typical long 6'10 sf skills and can play defense and shoot the long 2. But still amounts to nothing...

How about a better propsect who was almost equally hyped when younger? Like Anthony Randolph...Same kind of skills, was called the next Kevin Garnett and a potential future hall of famer years back, but still a scrub now...can't you see such hype usually amounts to nothing?

Don't compare him to Daye. Daye was maybe the worst player in Eurocup (the league level below Euroleague).

Clyde
03-14-2014, 11:42 AM

thats news to me.

People how claim things like this are ignorant to the history of basketball

MichaelCorleone
03-14-2014, 11:48 AM
Nocioni's team though would sweep the Bucks 4-0 in a 7 game playoff series.
I agree. It's almost a given really.