PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant puts Jim Buss on blast

LoPro4u2c
03-12-2014, 03:56 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/Mike_Bresnahan

Tis gun be good.

Looks like Kobe is tired of Jim Buss' fucc ups. Reminds me of the 2007-2008 season. Also, kobe doesn't give a fucc about the future. He wants his ring now. Just shows you that Kobe doesn't care about Jim Buss' future for the Lakers. And he's right.

Smook A.
03-12-2014, 04:05 PM
If he knew the franchise wasn't going in the right direction then why tf didn't he just accept a pay cut...

YouGotServed
03-12-2014, 04:06 PM
Kobemare

30M this year, 44M next 2 years.

"Win now", doe.
"Teambe", doe.
"Jim Buss fault", doe.

#lakerscorazon #keepthepeace

:roll:

Levity
03-12-2014, 04:08 PM
haha god damn, mike b is on a twitter spree right now. it looks like hes just posting every single one of kobe's thoughts.

lakers_forever
03-12-2014, 04:10 PM
Jim Buss is ruining the Lakers franchise. He is such an idiot that he gave Kobe that huge amount of the money. Kobe can't criticize him though. You can't have it two ways. If Jim Buss was really smart, enough to championship caliber team in short time, he would not have give you Kone all that money.

oh the horror
03-12-2014, 04:14 PM
Am I missing something?

How can Kobe insist on wanting a ring yet take up most of the cap?!

kennethgriffin
03-12-2014, 04:14 PM
a few weeks ago i predicted kobe to new york before next seasons deadline. that he would finally realize jim buss is using kobe to sell tickets while doing a long term cheap out rebuilding plan...

now with phil in NY... it looks more and more likely kobe will be traded there for amare stoudemires expiring contract for next season. would be off the books in time for kevin love

riseagainst
03-12-2014, 04:17 PM
a few weeks ago i predicted kobe to new york before next seasons deadline. that he would finally realize jim buss is using kobe to sell tickets while doing a long term cheap out rebuilding plan...

now with phil in NY... it looks more and more likely kobe will be traded there for amare stoudemires expiring contract for next season. would be off the books in time for kevin love

:biggums:

if this happens, I think i will sh1t my pants.

bdreason
03-12-2014, 04:19 PM
I don't want to hear shit from Kobe after he took that contract.

DMV2
03-12-2014, 04:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwhBRJStz7w

YouGotServed
03-12-2014, 04:26 PM
Am I missing something?

Because Kobe-mare, that's why. Don't worry, Kobe will request a trade to the Bulls again and the Lakers will have the necessary cap space to rebuild.

Cheer up.

r0drig0lac
03-12-2014, 04:27 PM
Am I missing something?

this

Droid101
03-12-2014, 04:30 PM
According to ISH, if you don't take a minimum contract, you don't care about winning.

navy
03-12-2014, 04:37 PM
According to ISH, if you don't take a minimum contract, you don't care about winning.
Well yeah if you are old and washed up you clearly dont.

Railgun
03-12-2014, 04:37 PM
KoME at it again. Why didn't he take less money if he gave a shit? :roll: Dude is a joke.

Ca$H
03-12-2014, 04:38 PM
This fool accepts a cancerous contract and proceeds to bitch! :biggums: :wtf: :facepalm

Railgun
03-12-2014, 04:39 PM
This fool accepts a cancerous contract and proceeds to bitch! :biggums: :wtf: :facepalm
No kidding. Kobe is single-handedly shackling the Los Angeles Lakers. I love it.

DuMa
03-12-2014, 04:41 PM
what a joke

The Iron Sheik
03-12-2014, 04:41 PM
itt: people who either didn't look at the link or have poor reading comprehension. probably both

Akrazotile
03-12-2014, 04:42 PM
Jim Buss is ruining the Lakers franchise. He is such an idiot that he gave Kobe that huge amount of the money. Kobe can't criticize him though. You can't have it two ways. If Jim Buss was really smart, enough to championship caliber team in short time, he would not have give you Kone all that money.

But but but the Lakers can't sell tickets without Kobe.

But but but but nobody will watch the Lakers on TV without Kobe.

This is what ALL the stans said who insisted Kobe was worth every penny of that contract.

Upgrayedd
03-12-2014, 04:43 PM
When I had read that the Lakers might not go all out this summer to build a championship team for next season I knew this wouldn't go over well with Kobe.

No way does he play for the Lakers if they're not contenders next season. He wants to win another championship or 2. They better figure out something or I could see him demanding a trade.

All those Laker/Kobe fans saying how loyal he is to the Lakers don't know what they're talking about. If the Lakers look like they're going to stink next season I could see Kobe asking to be traded to a contender. Maybe he'll follow Phil Jackson over to the Knicks?

Or how about the Bulls?

C: Noah
PF: Taj
SF: Butler
SG: Kobe
PG: Rose

:bowdown:

Quickening
03-12-2014, 04:43 PM
Holy fck, he is so full of chit... Rapes Lakers for massive contract then slates management for not making moves.:biggums: :coleman:

NumberSix
03-12-2014, 04:44 PM
Kobe is an idiot.

KirbyPls
03-12-2014, 04:46 PM
Kobe is an idiot.

...and a known liar.

Upgrayedd
03-12-2014, 04:46 PM
What did you think was going to happen? Kobe only re-signed thinking that they'd go all out this summer and rebuild right away. No way does he want to waste anymore seasons playing on a struggling team. If he can come back and be nearly as he was even last season before the injury he'll want to play on a contender.

tmacattack33
03-12-2014, 04:48 PM
Yes, this is what happens when Kobe is finally on a bad team. See: 2007 Playoffs when Kobe demanded a trade

YouGotServed
03-12-2014, 04:49 PM
itt: people who either didn't look at the link or have poor reading comprehension. probably both

No, f*ggot. Try again.

Akrazotile
03-12-2014, 04:50 PM
Well yeah if you are old and washed up you clearly dont.

Especially if you have all that endorsement money, you'll make royalties on your image for the rest of your life, you can make a fortune selling books and doing public speaking etc. Someone of Kobe's stature will be set financially for life without needing the money from this contract.

Other veterans who aren't nearly as profitable and wanna get one more big pay day instead of chase rings is completely understandable. And frankly, if Kobe just wants the money instead that's his business and that's understandable too. But this dude is embarrassing himself with his forced, contrived "I'm so competitive, listen to all my cliche warrior-speak, I accept nothing less than titles, I'm so demanding of my team!!!" It's so phony. The dude is a 10000% phony.

I've been saying this for YEARS and now finally the blind idiots out there who need things spelled out for them in big capital letters are finally seeing it too. Hilarious.

oh the horror
03-12-2014, 04:52 PM
But what I'm unsure of, is what exactly does he think they can do here?

You have him eating a massive contract.

You have Nash eating 9 something.

There aren't really that many free agents that are game changers available at the moment and no trade assets.

I'm unsure what he thought was going to happen here?

NuggetsFan
03-12-2014, 04:56 PM

What is wrong with you? Defending a grown ass man who's making millions of dollars :oldlol:

Dude took a massive contract on the backside of his career. Whatever, get yours. Don't complain about management tho. It's beyond hilarious. Laker fan, hater etc. whatever pretty sure we can all agree on that.

NuggetsFan
03-12-2014, 04:58 PM

Seriously. I hate the Lakers but if your Kobe after taking that contract, seeing teams they've built around you in the past etc. gotta give them a little bit of leeway you'd think. Focus on getting healthy, prolonging your career as long as possible.

If you wanted the perfect situation shoulda went to FA.

selrahc
03-12-2014, 05:10 PM

There aren't really that many free agents that are game changers available at the moment and no trade assets.

A lot can happen. There are only 3 players under contract for the Lakers next year. Kobe at $22 mil, Nash at $9 mil and Sacre for basically nothing. That leaves like $30 mil in cap space. They can easily sign a top name free agent or 2 or 3 pretty good ones. Plus they will get a high draft pick. Lakers can easily become contenders next year if Jim buss doesn't **** up.

Akrazotile
03-12-2014, 05:13 PM
A lot can happen. There are only 3 players under contract for the Lakers next year. Kobe at $22 mil, Nash at $9 mil and Sacre for basically nothing. That leaves like $30 mil in cap space. They can easily sign a top name free agent or 2 or 3 pretty good ones. Plus they will get a high draft pick. Lakers can easily become contenders next year if Jim buss doesn't **** up.

A free agent or two? You act like those free agents are joining prime Kobe and Nash.

Kobe and Nash have no on court value anymore. If you honestly think you're going to get anywhere with Kevin Love and Aaron Afflalo plus MLE players.... :facepalm

Dro
03-12-2014, 05:21 PM
What is wrong with you? Defending a grown ass man who's making millions of dollars :oldlol:

Dude took a massive contract on the backside of his career. Whatever, get yours. Don't complain about management tho. It's beyond hilarious. Laker fan, hater etc. whatever pretty sure we can all agree on that.
This............

SpecialQue
03-12-2014, 05:24 PM
I love the Lakers and I like Kobe, but he's coming off as an annoying prima donna bitch here.

oh the horror
03-12-2014, 05:27 PM
I assumed he knew what was up when he took that money.

I seriously thought he would lower down to like 12 mil a year.

But you took this insane contract and now you're displeased with the fact that they're tied up financially with what they can do?

DonDadda59
03-12-2014, 05:31 PM
Am I missing something?

Gawdbe works in mysterious ways.

Also, he's a fuqq niqqa. Been trying to tell people this for the longest. Now you finally see.

Rooster
03-12-2014, 05:35 PM

I definitely agree with this. :applause:

riseagainst
03-12-2014, 05:36 PM
Gawdbe works in mysterious ways.

Also, he's a fuqq niqqa. Been trying to tell people this for the longest. Now you finally see.

gawdbe knows.
:bowdown:

red1
03-12-2014, 05:38 PM
I like this kobe. Kobe calling little jimmy out for being a dumb f*ck. Now if only he would call himself out for being a chucking rapist

LoPro4u2c
03-12-2014, 05:39 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/lakers/2014/03/12/kobe-bryant-injury-knee-out-for-season-jim-buss-phil-jackson-los-angeles/6335803/

Kobe Bryant on Lakers' future: 'Start with Jim' Buss
David Leon Moore, USA TODAY Sports 5:17 p.m. EDT March 12, 2014
"Patience is the key," Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak told USA TODAY Sports. Kobe Bryant does not seem to buy that theory.

(Photo: Bob Donnan, USA TODAY Sports)

EL SEGUNDO, Calif.

ArbitraryWater
03-12-2014, 05:39 PM
This guy is something man... basically ran Dwight outta town, then take up a huge amount of cap space, and now complain... 07' all over again :facepalm

Rooster
03-12-2014, 05:40 PM
I assumed he knew what was up when he took that money.

I seriously thought he would lower down to like 12 mil a year.

But you took this insane contract and now you're displeased with the fact that they're tied up financially with what they can do?

As a I bleed purple and gold, this is what I expected from Kobe. Take a reasonable paycut and give the Lakers some flexibility to get some players. But he took the money ( and I can't really blame him, it was offered ) so he should not expect great things from the front office but himself.

TheMarkMadsen
03-12-2014, 05:42 PM
it's hilarious how people are coming in here to just vent out their Kobe hate instead of you know.. paying attention to what was actually said

Bryant said the road back to playoff contention for the last-place Lakers starts with clear authority and leadership at the top

"Let's play next year and suck again? Absolutely not," Bryant said. "It's my job to go out on the court and perform. No excuses. Gotta get this. It's the same with the front office. The same expectations the front office has of me when I'm on the court, I have the same expectations of them.

what a dick, he expects the FO to work hard, can't believe this guy

red1
03-12-2014, 05:44 PM
it's hilarious how people are coming in here to just vent out their Kobe hate instead of you know.. paying attention to what was actually said
As a laker fan I just hate watching my team - the greatest franchise in the league - held ransom by the selfishness of one single chucking bald rapist.

ArbitraryWater
03-12-2014, 05:44 PM

:lol Typical, droid and mark madsen taking it up the ass for their boy :roll: "Kobe cant do no wrong" He didnt rape her, right? Has Kobe ever done/said ANYTHING that PERHAPS was the wrong way to approach things?

And what DID he exactly say? How would YOU analyze it?

TheMarkMadsen
03-12-2014, 05:49 PM
As a laker fan I just hate watching my team - the greatest franchise in the league - held ransom by the selfishness of one single chucking bald rapist.

well first off your'e a Raptors who's biggest achievement of the past 15 years was losing an ECF game 7 to a team that the Lakers would eventually crush in the finals

YouGotServed
03-12-2014, 05:50 PM

Only rational Laker fan in this thread so far. :applause:

JT123
03-12-2014, 05:51 PM
Why is anyone surprised? Kobe has been a spoiled baby since birth. He has never had to work for anything. Let us count the ways
1. Grew up in a rich family
2. Refused to play for anyone but the Lakers
3. Began his career with the GOAT center, "earning" 3 easy rings
4. Demanded a trade cause he couldn't handle 2 straight seasons of not having a stacked team
5. Chased away the 2 greatest big men of their era's

How can anyone possibly be a fan of this selfish spoiled brat?

TheMarkMadsen
03-12-2014, 05:51 PM
:lol Typical, droid and mark madsen taking it up the ass for their boy :roll: "Kobe cant do no wrong" He didnt rape her, right? Has Kobe ever done/said ANYTHING that PERHAPS was the wrong way to approach things?

And what DID he exactly say? How would YOU analyze it?

Bryant said the road back to playoff contention for the last-place Lakers starts with clear authority and leadership at the top

"Let's play next year and suck again? Absolutely not," Bryant said. "It's my job to go out on the court and perform. No excuses. Gotta get this. It's the same with the front office. The same expectations the front office has of me when I'm on the court, I have the same expectations of them.

you're right, he should have said "hey i'm cool with being a lotto team next year, and shit Jim and the boys can just chill b/c I don't want them to overwork themselves"

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-12-2014, 05:52 PM
What is wrong with Kobe said, exactly? It's a "bad" thing to hold your front office accountable?

red1
03-12-2014, 05:52 PM
well first off your'e a Raptors who's biggest achievement of the past 15 years was losing an ECF game 7 to a team that the Lakers would eventually crush in the finals
Yeah man raptors have definitely been a great secondary team.

AirFederer
03-12-2014, 05:53 PM

you're right, he should have said "hey i'm cool with being a lotto team next year, and shit Jim and the boys can just chill b/c I don't want them to overwork themselves"
And what does that mean, you think?? :facepalm

Pointguard
03-12-2014, 05:54 PM
Kobemare

wtf:

Is this correct???:

Solefade
03-12-2014, 05:55 PM
kobe is lulz

Doranku
03-12-2014, 05:55 PM
What is wrong with Kobe said, exactly? It's a "bad" thing to hold your front office accountable?
:oldlol: It's Kobe man. If he didn't do this, these same dudes would be calling Kobe a beta for standing aside and watching Jim Buss ruin the franchise.

Haters gonna hate. :confusedshrug:

TheMarkMadsen
03-12-2014, 05:58 PM
And what does that mean, you think?? :facepalm

what does it mean when Kobe says the road back to the playoffs starts with clear authority and leadership at the top? What does it mean when he says he's going to bust his ass on the court and expects the FO to do the same in their department?

I'm not going to hold your hand through this, everybody knows that the best companies, sports teams etc success all starts at the top, and that it needs to be clear who is calling the shots

Pointguard
03-12-2014, 05:59 PM
Its not a un-reconstructable contract - if that phraseology actually exist. I mean can't they put him on the spot with it?

YouGotServed
03-12-2014, 06:00 PM
wtf:

Is this correct???:

lol Just looked it up. 30.5M this year, 48.5M the next 2 years.

So the total salary for this year and the next two: 79 million

:roll: He cares about his team's future, doe. Championship or trade.

jzek
03-12-2014, 06:02 PM
If he wants a ring then maybe he should restructure his contract so LA can sign Melo and LeBron next year.

AirFederer
03-12-2014, 06:03 PM
So Kobe costs Lakers 79 millions this and next to years. What can the FO do? He put himself in this situation.

LoPro4u2c
03-12-2014, 06:10 PM
SN sources: Kobe Bryant wants new Lakers coach next year

PUBLISHED 52 minutes ago
Sean Deveney Sporting News Follow on Twitter Archive Email RSS
Share Text size A A A

With a 22-42 record and little hope of further improvement, Lakers coach Mike D

TheMarkMadsen
03-12-2014, 06:10 PM
So Kobe costs Lakers 79 millions this and next to years. What can the FO do? He put himself in this situation.

what does his contract this year have to do with FA signings next year

they'll have enough to throw a max deal at a player next year

look, Kobe isn't like these "buddy buddy lets make it impossible to lose by taking pay cuts and stacking the deck".. he's a proven winner with 5 rings, 7 finals appearances, he still believes he can lead a team to a championship with a good 2nd option and some well placed role players like he's done in the past

forgive him for not being scared of losing and not wanting to take a pay cut so all of his all star friends can join him.

Pacer24
03-12-2014, 06:13 PM
If Kobe wanted a ring. He should have done what Wade did. Take less money so the Lakers could get Lebron and Anthony in free agency so he could get that ring

Bandito
03-12-2014, 06:14 PM
I like this kobe. Kobe calling little jimmy out for being a dumb f*ck. Now if only he would call himself out for being a chucking rapist
:lol Dis guy!

But yeah, what was Kobe thinking when he got that contract done?

tpols
03-12-2014, 06:15 PM
Especially if you have all that endorsement money, you'll make royalties on your image for the rest of your life, you can make a fortune selling books and doing public speaking etc. Someone of Kobe's stature will be set financially for life without needing the money from this contract.

Other veterans who aren't nearly as profitable and wanna get one more big pay day instead of chase rings is completely understandable. And frankly, if Kobe just wants the money instead that's his business and that's understandable too. But this dude is embarrassing himself with his forced, contrived "I'm so competitive, listen to all my cliche warrior-speak, I accept nothing less than titles, I'm so demanding of my team!!!" It's so phony. The dude is a 10000% phony.

I've been saying this for YEARS and now finally the blind idiots out there who need things spelled out for them in big capital letters are finally seeing it too. Hilarious.

Kobes the GOAT troll.. lol

DonDadda59
03-12-2014, 06:16 PM

Time for Buss to get creative. Can't pay anyone since Kobe is going pacman on the salary cap. So maybe he can, I dunno... entice some all star talent with a sensual dance? :confusedshrug:

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/jimmy.gif

Best I could come up with on the spot.

TheMarkMadsen
03-12-2014, 06:17 PM
If Kobe wanted a ring. He should have done what Wade did. Take less money so the Lakers could get Lebron and Anthony in free agency so he could get that ring

I really doubt that the guy who wanted Shaq to leave town so he could prove he could win titles w/o him wants to end his career as a guy who had to take a pay cut and team up with a bunch of all stars

listen to this interview, explains it very well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q6kFejMRDk

Vienceslav
03-12-2014, 06:20 PM
You either have James or Durant, that's the way you are winning a ring in the next 3 years.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-12-2014, 06:23 PM
doesn't nearly half of kobe's contract go straight towards taxes?

LoPro4u2c
03-12-2014, 06:24 PM
Kobe calls out Front Office

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20140312/kobe-bryant-calls-out-lakers-front-office

Damn Kobe, you got a nice blitzkrieg going on there.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-12-2014, 06:29 PM
oh wait, nevermind. more than half of kobe's contract goes toward taxes. so you expect him to sign for 12 mill, take home like 6 million after taxes? :lol

Vienceslav
03-12-2014, 06:32 PM
doesn't nearly half of kobe's contract go straight towards taxes?
It's not like the other players don't pay taxes.
But let's be clear here, I enjoy laughing at the Kobe contract mess as much as the next guy, but people who seem dead serious about this need to reevaluate their life a bit.

Akrazotile
03-12-2014, 06:33 PM
oh wait, nevermind. more than half of kobe's contract goes toward taxes. so you expect him to sign for 12 mill, take home like 6 million after taxes? :lol

You have issues.

Clyde
03-12-2014, 06:47 PM
what does his contract this year have to do with FA signings next year

they'll have enough to throw a max deal at a player next year

look, Kobe isn't like these "buddy buddy lets make it impossible to lose by taking pay cuts and stacking the deck".. he's a proven winner with 5 rings, 7 finals appearances, he still believes he can lead a team to a championship with a good 2nd option and some well placed role players like he's done in the past

forgive him for not being scared of losing and not wanting to take a pay cut so all of his all star friends can join him.

:cheers:
:cheers:

well said.

gts
03-12-2014, 06:48 PM
haha god damn, mike b is on a twitter spree right now. it looks like hes just posting every single one of kobe's thoughts.

it was a Laker held media session this morning, He's just reposting things from the Laker website

here's the full session transcript con video

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/140312kobebryant_mediasession?cid=TW

Rolando
03-12-2014, 06:48 PM
Kobe is holding the Lakers to a high standard. He plays to win. He negotiates to win.

Those idiots gave him that contract and he's not going to back down and be apologetic about it.

Again: Kobe plays to win.

Suck it up Lakers fans. You ain't getting any sympathy from me.

Deal with it motherf

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-12-2014, 06:51 PM
You have issues.
says the guy with 1300 post in 2 month.

BlackVVaves
03-12-2014, 06:56 PM

This aaaaaaaaaaaaand

This.

Get your money Kobe. You reserve that right as the bread winner for that franchise right now. However, cut the bullshit. What did expect to happen with you consuming nearly 45% of the cap? With those limitations, what combination of players do you think LA were going to bring in to transform a lottery team into a title contender in 1-2 seasons? Even if the Lakers luck out and attain the services of Kevin Love, they would not become contenders until Kobe's contract came off the books anyway.

Reality is beginning to set in for Kobe. His stubbornness has always been a conduit to his greatness, but it now stands as an emblem of he and the team's future mediocrity. No one out a gun to your head to sign that contract - now deal with what follows.

dazzer87
03-12-2014, 06:57 PM
This KOme.......wasnt this the same owner who gave him a 2 yr ext...What a ungrateful Mofo........:facepalm

Nick Young
03-12-2014, 07:00 PM
Mamba going in hard. PREACH IT KOBE.

EVERYONE STFU. The Sermon on the Staples Center is beginning, these are blessed words straight from the prophets mouth we are entitled to see.

DirkLegend41
03-12-2014, 07:02 PM
This KOme.......wasnt this the same owner who gave him a 2 yr ext...What a ungrateful Mofo........:facepalm
What did Kobe say that was wrong? I don't get it.

Marlo_Stanfield
03-12-2014, 07:05 PM
Mark MAdsen showing what a high end tard he is:lol :lol

Soundwave
03-12-2014, 07:08 PM
I think Jerry Buss simply had an air of good luck around him and that translated over to the Lakers, they took on his personality, now that he's passed away (RIP), the franchise isn't the same.

red1
03-12-2014, 07:10 PM
:lol Dis guy!

But yeah, what was Kobe thinking when he got that contract done?
Am I wrong doe? He has little jimmy and laker-nation by the balls. You aren't going anywhere when you have 28 mill tied up in a 36 year old in his 18th season.

sammichoffate
03-12-2014, 07:11 PM
NBA's never gonna have a boring day while it has Kobe, that's all I can say for now. Same could be said for all the haters and delusional posters in here :rockon:

Droid101
03-12-2014, 07:16 PM
Kobe is using 37% of the cap next year for the Lakers. What a selfish jerk, he should sign for the minimum!

Shaq used 63% of the cap in 2004-2005 for the Heat. What a selfish jerk, he should sign for the minimum!

Kevin Garnett used 42% of the salary cap in 2008-2009 for the Celtics. What a selfish jerk, he should sign for the minimum!

Shaq used 40% of the cap in 2005-2006 for the Heat. What a selfish jerk, he should sign for the minimum!

Tim Duncan used 38% of the cap in 2009-2010 for the Spurs. What a selfish jerk, he should sign for the minimum!

Dirk Nowitzki used 39% of the cap in 2013-2014 for the Mavs. What a selfish jerk, he should sign for the minimum!

Kevin Garnett used 36% of the cap in 2011-2012 for the Celtics. What a selfish jerk, he should sign for the minimum!

Tim Duncan used 36% of the cap in 2011-2012 for the Spurs. What a selfish jerk, he should sign for the minimum!

Bunch of guys who want money and don't want to win on that list.

Levity
03-12-2014, 07:19 PM
Kobe is using 37% of the cap next year for the Lakers. What a selfish jerk, he should sign for the minimum!

Shaq used 63% of the cap in 2004-2005 for the Heat. What a selfish jerk, he should sign for the minimum!

Kevin Garnett used 42% of the salary cap in 2008-2009 for the Celtics. What a selfish jerk, he should sign for the minimum!

Shaq used 40% of the cap in 2005-2006 for the Heat. What a selfish jerk, he should sign for the minimum!

Tim Duncan used 38% of the cap in 2009-2010 for the Spurs. What a selfish jerk, he should sign for the minimum!

Dirk Nowitzki used 39% of the cap in 2013-2014 for the Mavs. What a selfish jerk, he should sign for the minimum!

Kevin Garnett used 36% of the cap in 2011-2012 for the Celtics. What a selfish jerk, he should sign for the minimum!

Tim Duncan used 36% of the cap in 2011-2012 for the Spurs. What a selfish jerk, he should sign for the minimum!

:eek:

red1

We aren't talking about 05 shaq or 09 kg though. Lakers have 28 mill tied up in this

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1957833/kobefail.gif

sammichoffate

Bunch of guys who want money and don't want to win on that list......FINALLY someone sees it :applause: :oldlol: :roll:

STATUTORY
03-12-2014, 07:20 PM
We aren't talking about 05 shaq or 09 kg though. Lakers have 28 mill tied up in this

what a dedicated hater :oldlol:

red1
03-12-2014, 07:21 PM
As a laker fan I just want whats best for the team. As much as it pains me to say this, kobe is not it.

sammichoffate
03-12-2014, 07:22 PM
what a dedicated hater :oldlol:I honestly feel bad for Kobe because of haters like this :oldlol:

STATUTORY
03-12-2014, 07:23 PM
As a laker fan I just want whats best for the team. As much as it pains me to say this, kobe is not it.

:applause: dropping dat raptors fan pretense?

no worries, everyone is LA is a transplant from elsewhere

red1
03-12-2014, 07:25 PM
:applause: dropping dat raptors fan pretense?

no worries, everyone is LA is a transplant from elsewhere
I would never limit myself by labeling myself as just a raptors fan. Im a basketball fan first

DirkLegend41
03-12-2014, 07:26 PM

Kobe isn't a selfish player after all after re-signing with the Lakers.

moe94
03-12-2014, 07:27 PM
The irony.

You're the dude with a LeBron avatar. Is the lack of self-awareness supposed to be a joke or something? :rolleyes:

coin24
03-12-2014, 07:28 PM
Kobe should have taken less money? Have any of you retards ever held a real job?:oldlol:

sammichoffate
03-12-2014, 07:30 PM
Kobe should have taken less money? Have any of you retards ever held a real job?:oldlol:Too busy hatin' :lol

Rolando
Kobe should have taken less money? Have any of you retards ever held a real job?:oldlol:

:applause:

Droid101
In fact, Kobe DID take a pay cut. He was entitled to 33 million next year and over 36 the following year.

Let's keep it going:

Michael Jordan used 123% of the cap in 1997-1998 for the Bulls (made 33 million on a 26.9 million cap). Jerk jerk jerk!

sammichoffate
03-12-2014, 07:31 PM
In fact, Kobe DID take a pay cut. He was entitled to 33 million next year and over 36 the following year.

Let's keep it going:

Michael Jordan used 123% of the cap in 1997-1998 for the Bulls (made 33 million on a 26.9 million cap). Jerk jerk jerk!Great posting dude, wrecking the haters one by one :applause:

STATUTORY
03-12-2014, 07:32 PM
The irony.

You're the dude with a LeBron avatar. Is the lack of self-awareness supposed to be a joke or something? :rolleyes:

when in rome, do as. this is ISH. I wasn't upset with his hating, just humored.

KingLeBronJames
03-12-2014, 07:32 PM
I don't want to hear shit from Kobe after he took that contract.
Why? Are you mad that he took less money?

DMV2
03-12-2014, 07:34 PM
$30 million for 6 games.

Not as good as Arenas, though.

Droid101
03-12-2014, 07:34 PM
Note: I'm a Laker fan and wish we let him become a free agent, for the record. Negotiate with the rest of the league instead of against yourselves. I'm also really glad he took the pay cut; better than nothing.

BlackVVaves
03-12-2014, 07:35 PM

With the exception of the bolded, all those players were MUCH BETTER than a 36 year old Kobe next year, who at this point still hasn't recovered from his Achilles and knee injuries.

$24.5 Million per year. Yeah, Kobe wants to win. But, his ridiculous contract limits resources to accomplish that feat SUBSTANTIALLY. And, seeing how Kobe's on-court production will be less comparable to his 2 year extension than the majority of the players on that list were to theirs, your post just emphasizes how bad of a contract that is.

Droid101
03-12-2014, 07:37 PM
With the exception of the bolded, all those players were MUCH BETTER than a 36 year old Kobe next year, who at this point still hasn't recovered from his Achilles and knee injuries.

So... the ones who used more of the cap were better, and the ones who used about the same aren't?

Uh...? Okay?

SpecialQue
03-12-2014, 07:38 PM

$24.5 Million per year. Yeah, Kobe wants to win. But, his ridiculous contract limits resources to accomplish that feat SUBSTANTIALLY. And, seeing how Kobe's on-court production will be less comparable to his 2 year extension than the majority of the players on that list were to theirs, your post just emphasizes how bad of a contract that is.

I saw you changed your mind about Dirk with that edit. :lol

sammichoffate
03-12-2014, 07:39 PM
I saw you changed your mind about Dirk with that edit. :lol:lol

STATUTORY
03-12-2014, 07:40 PM

homie had blocked out how dirty dirk did done to his boy in dat finals series :roll:

dazzer87
03-12-2014, 07:42 PM

Let's keep it going:

Michael Jordan used 123% of the cap in 1997-1998 for the Bulls (made 33 million on a 26.9 million cap). Jerk jerk jerk!
And what happen those years?????? Bulls were nba champ.......... Where your boy is collection his paycheck from the bench.....

moe94
03-12-2014, 07:42 PM
:oldlol:

aj1987
03-12-2014, 07:43 PM
Let's keep it going:

Do you see Kobe averaging 29/6/3/2 on 47% and carrying his team to a title next season while scoring 32/5/4/2 on 46% in the playoffs?

Droid101
Do you see Kobe averaging 29/6/3/2 on 47% and carrying his team to a title next season while scoring 32/5/4/2 on 46% in the playoffs?
So Kobe's only worth what, 70% of the cap, by your measurements?

SpecialQue

Yes.

lol of course not kobe sux go heat/thunder

Droid101
03-12-2014, 07:44 PM
And what happen those years?????? Bulls were nba champ.......... Where your boy is collection his paycheck from the bench.....
Whose boy? Also, it's not next year yet, so how do you know what's going to happen? I certainly doubt he'll be "collection his paycheck from the bench" whatever that means.

Solefade
03-12-2014, 07:45 PM

lol taking the money that's all good, but don't complain about the "direction" that the lakers organization is going which is the same "direction" that got that ***** that ridiculously large and dumb contract

BlackVVaves
03-12-2014, 07:48 PM
So... the ones who used more of the cap were better, and the ones who used about the same aren't?

Uh...? Okay?

It's really simple. Do you think 36 year old Kobe coming off an injury that essentially cost him an entire season is as good or better than any of the un-highlighted players?

They were closer to their market value in contract than Kobe is to his.

It's like comparing Drew Brees' cap hit to the Saints last season to Revis' cap hit to the Bucs last season. Who do you think performed closer to his contract's value?

aj1987
03-12-2014, 07:48 PM
So Kobe's only worth what, 70% of the cap, by your measurements?
I didn't say that Kobe should take a pay cut. I never did. Comparing this situation of MJ's is a bit ridiculous though. MJ was putting up ridiculous stats and winning titles for his team at 33-34. He deserved even more, IMO.

KingLeBronJames
03-12-2014, 07:49 PM
lol taking the money that's all good, but don't complain about the "direction" that the lakers organization is going which is the same "direction" that got that ***** that ridiculously large and dumb contract
He can complain. Right now, Jim Buss is looking more like a dumbass than Jerry Krause and Jerry Reinsdorf.

BlackVVaves
03-12-2014, 07:51 PM

Had to before DMavs rolled in and assaulted me with over-sensationalized rhetoric concerning Dirk's season :lol

homie had blocked out how dirty dirk did done to his boy in dat finals series :roll:

Uhh...who is my "boy"?

moe94
03-12-2014, 07:54 PM
Had to before DMavs rolled in and assaulted me with over-sensationalized rhetoric concerning Dirk's season :lol

He convinced me Dirk is the greatest player of all time.

SpecialQue
03-12-2014, 07:54 PM

Of course. :cheers:

Still, no one knows how Kobe's going to play next season. We only got a couple games from him this season coming off his injury, so who knows if he's done or if he'll be slightly worse than he was last season when he dragged that team to the playoffs.

guy
03-12-2014, 07:57 PM

Shaq got traded in 2005. For the rest of them, I'm fairly certain that those guys were in the middle of those contracts during those years and their teams were already over the cap and already built their teams with other highly-paid players as well.

bdreason
03-12-2014, 08:05 PM

He's probably thinking along the lines of Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol. :oldlol:

Railgun
03-12-2014, 08:11 PM
Kobe Bryant has been proven shit in this thread. This whole debacle has dropped him out of my top 15.

Railgun
03-12-2014, 08:12 PM
Shaq got traded in 2005. For the rest of them, I'm fairly certain that those guys were in the middle of those contracts during those years and their teams were already over the cap and already built their teams with other highly-paid players as well.
this. Droid is trying to help his agenda :roll:

DMAVS41
03-12-2014, 08:16 PM

Uhh...who is my "boy"?

Haha.:cheers:

If Dirk's contract had been up after last season and he signed for 25 million a year...I'd be pissed.

Right now Dirk is currently making way too much for how good he is.

Hopefully he takes it down to like 9 or so a year this off season...as he's said he's going to take a pretty big cut.

BlackVVaves
03-12-2014, 08:17 PM
Of course. :cheers:

Still, no one knows how Kobe's going to play next season. We only got a couple games from him this season coming off his injury, so who knows if he's done or if he'll be slightly worse than he was last season when he dragged that team to the playoffs.

This is true, but I wouldn't even pay last season's Kobe $25 Million per year, and I think he had a great (offensive) season.

In this new CBA era, if you are paying any player more than $20 Million a year, you better pray he's the type of player that impacts every realm of the game to compensate for the inevitable voids that will be left in certain areas around your roster as a result of limited financial resources. Just like QBs in the NFL. If you are paying a QB upwards of $19 Million, he better be so elite that his elevated the production of otherwise average or below average players.

Otherwise, you are ****ed. Plain and simple. I understand Kobe's value to the Lakers is considerably greater than his value specifically on the court these days. And, that's cool that they exhibited that goodwill and loyalty to Kobe. But, they essentially outbid themselves, and I personally don't see Kobe performing at a level comparable to even last year (which, again, I don't think is worth $25 Million per year in terms of on-court production).

Kobe basically got paid for all he has done for the Lakers, and everything he does off the court even now in his twilight years. Which is great for Kobe, and definitely deserved in that context. But there's a consequence to every action, and when you make purely business moves, be prepared to see it affect your basketball moves. Kobe is now beginning to see that side of the spectrum, and he's frightened that he will end his career on a fringe playoff team, oceans away from competing with the OKCs and Clippers of the West.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-12-2014, 08:19 PM
who is this clown to tell somebody not to complain on a public forum about basketball?

BlackVVaves
03-12-2014, 08:22 PM
Haha.:cheers:

If Dirk's contract had been up after last season and he signed for 25 million a year...I'd be pissed.

Right now Dirk is currently making way too much for how good he is.

Hopefully he takes it down to like 9 or so a year this off season...as he's said he's going to take a pretty big cut.

:rockon:

Not putting the blame squarely on Kobe's shoulders. His front office has become incompetent overnight. Both parties share portions of the blame; Kobe's comments are just ill-received because while he should hold Jim Buss accountable for the stupid ass way he's running shit (with his ego and emotions), he seems to be oblivious to his contract's hinderance on the front office's ability to build a title contender in just two summers.

longtime lurker
03-12-2014, 08:30 PM
I swear some of you guys must lead pathetic lives that you have to hate on every aspect of someone you don't know or will ever meet.

The majority of this board seems to be remedial since they can't understand that when Kobe signed his extension the Lakers still have room for 1 max contract. He's not like certain other superstars that have to stack the deck to win, he probably still believes the Lakers can be competitive with him, max contract(probably Melo)+lottery pick+roles players. He resigned because he was told that the Lakers would go after another max contract, if management can't make that work then they should have made the promise or signed Kobe to such a large extension BEFORE he came back. And again why would the Lakers suck next season, Phoenix owns their pick. Jim Buss is a moron and Kobe isn't the first person to question the direction of the organization.

gts
03-12-2014, 08:45 PM
Re: Kobe Bryant puts Jim Buss on blast

Slight correction.. he put all of the Buss family on "Blast" and called out Jim and Jeanie specifically

03-12-2014, 08:48 PM

Gee, I wonder how many of us NBA fans and other ordinary working people would be unhappy with only being able to take home $6,000,000 after taxes?

ihoopallday
03-12-2014, 08:49 PM

Were these guys coming off injuries? We understand you love Kobe, but damn is it that hard to admit his contract is crippling the Lakers?

DetroitPistonFan
03-12-2014, 08:49 PM
Were these guys coming off injuries? We understand you love Kobe, but damn is it that hard to admit his contract is crippling the Lakers?
37% is crippling?

Railgun
03-12-2014, 08:56 PM
What is the salary cap for next year?

Nick Young
03-12-2014, 08:57 PM
http://oi59.tinypic.com/2u3z0ba.jpg

longtime lurker
03-12-2014, 09:01 PM

Ask yourself why the Lakers offered such a contract to someone coming off injury then.

JohnFreeman
03-12-2014, 09:31 PM
Am I missing something?

Exactly

guy
03-12-2014, 09:51 PM
37% is crippling?

In the situation they are in? Kind of. Best case scenario is him, who really isn't that good anymore and worth the money based on his play, another max guy next year and it looks like Melo is the best choice, and then a bunch of minimum level players. That's not good. It would be completely different if they had a full-team in place already and they were already over the cap, and then they used his bird rights to sign him over the cap because it wouldn't have made much of a difference as far as building a team goes if he signed for $2M or $40M per year. And a prospective FA like Melo knowing that probably would feel less comfortable going there.

Not to mention, regardless of who was right or wrong, Kobe's relationship and attitude with Dwight Howard was one of the primary reasons Dwight left. While management CLEARLY has its flaws, Kobe's played a hand in the situation the Lakers are in due to chasing Howard away and taking on that contract. So the point is, he really shouldn't be talking, at least publicly.

longtime lurker
03-12-2014, 10:06 PM
In the situation they are in? Kind of. Best case scenario is him, who really isn't that good anymore and worth the money based on his play, another max guy next year and it looks like Melo is the best choice, and then a bunch of minimum level players. That's not good. It would be completely different if they had a full-team in place already and they were already over the cap, and then they used his bird rights to sign him over the cap because it wouldn't have made much of a difference as far as building a team goes if he signed for $2M or $40M per year. And a prospective FA like Melo knowing that probably would feel less comfortable going there.

Actually the problem is Nash's contract. Even with Kobe's contract the Lakers can still sign a max free agent+lottery pick. Nash is taking up 9 million dollars to not play. I don't know why people blame players for taking the money when it was management that offered it to them. Don't offer players rich contracts if you believe that contract will keep you from putting a team around him. Pretty simple

bdreason
03-12-2014, 10:08 PM
37% is crippling?

When guys like LeBron and Durant are making less than 33%?

Yeah, I'd say it's borderline crippling.

rmt
03-12-2014, 10:23 PM
With the new CBA, Kobe's 38% is MUCH more damaging. Those previous contracts didn't have the penalties that this one does. Also, Kobe will be almost 38 at the end of this contract - those other players were 33-36 years old.

What did he expect? Nobody - not Lebron nor Durant - have that kind of contract and they won't be 38 years old. And who in their right mind would want to go play with an old Nash and a healthy Kobe much less one coming off injury? And who in this draft is going to make a difference soon enough for Kobe?

guy
03-13-2014, 12:11 AM
Actually the problem is Nash's contract. Even with Kobe's contract the Lakers can still sign a max free agent+lottery pick. Nash is taking up 9 million dollars to not play. I don't know why people blame players for taking the money when it was management that offered it to them. Don't offer players rich contracts if you believe that contract will keep you from putting a team around him. Pretty simple

Right, I forgot about Nash's contract, which means Kobe should've had even more incentive to take less then he did.

I don't care what the reports say, I think its highly doubtful that the contract negotiations were as simple as the Lakers gave him an offer and Kobe accepted. Also, I'm pretty sure a few months after the contract was signed there was a report that Kobe actually wanted more. I think its much more likely that management had discussions with his agent and got a feel for what Kobe would deem as a reasonable offer. Lakers might've made some bad decisions lately, but they aren't completely stupid that they would overpay Kobe so much vs the least amount they felt he would've accepted.

And by the way, even if that was the case, I'm not saying Kobe should or shouldn't have accepted it. Its not anyone else's place to tell someone how much they should value money, winning, location, etc in comparison with each other. All I'm saying is he should know that he really shouldn't be criticizing in public like that the direction the Lakers are going in when that contract he signed, which isn't worth his level of play or at least it hasn't been proven and right now all signs point to it not being, is a pretty big contribution to that negative direction they are going in.

Nevaeh
03-13-2014, 06:23 AM

Let's keep it going:

Michael Jordan used 123% of the cap in 1997-1998 for the Bulls (made 33 million on a 26.9 million cap). Jerk jerk jerk![

Uhm, Jordan wasn't eating Bon Bons and watching Oprah, when he received that contract either. That was retro pay, for actually LEADING a team to 3 straight championships less than 2 years prior, which he made good on, to the tune of 3 more of those Championships..............As the leader, and not a b!tch made whiner.

Kobe making demands now is no different than you demanding that all of your closest friends attend your birthday party, while you're held up in a hospital bed somewhere, unable to attend the birthday party yourself.

Mr Feeny
03-13-2014, 08:04 AM
Uhm, Jordan wasn't eating Bon Bons and watching Oprah, when he received that contract either. That was retro pay, for actually LEADING a team to 3 straight championships less than 2 years prior, which he made good on, to the tune of 3 more of those Championships..............As the leader, and not a b!tch made whiner.

Kobe making demands now is no different than you demanding that all of your closest friends attend your birthday party, while you're held up in a hospital bed somewhere, unable to attend the birthday party yourself.

Exactly. Jordan won MVP, finals MVP, scoring title and lead rhe bulls to the title when he had that contract. Kobe won't be doing any of those. Best case scenario he leads the Lakers to another first round exit.

guy
03-13-2014, 09:49 AM

I'd say its more like a drug dealer telling their addict friend who's also a customer that they need to get their life together.

ImKobe
03-13-2014, 10:09 AM
Kobemare

"Win now", doe.
"Teambe", doe.
"Jim Buss fault", doe.

#lakerscorazon #keepthepeace

ˇ
The contract he still is currently on netted the Lakers 2 championships & a multi-billion dollar TV deal with TWC, the following contract is 48.5, not 44 million, and cannot be evaluated right now because we have no idea what the Lakers are going to do this off-season and how good the lottery pick will be, thus it's pointless & childish to talk shit about something that's still far in the future. If Kobe returns healthy & plays at the same level he did in 2013, the contract is justified. There's no FA that could contribute like Kobe did in 2013 except for Lebron, & there's no way he'll come to LA unless the Heat flop badly in the Playoffs with Wade & Bosh looking like they done. Kobe was offered the money & was guaranteed that it would still leave enough space to put together a winning team. Kobe never demanded anything and was coming off injury, it's not his fault if the FO is too incompetent to make the right moves with about 25 million to spend in the off-season(even more if they exercise the stretch provision on Nash).

Trolls used to be creative & full of knowledge, now they can't even get the facts right & dish out whatever comes to their minds. Basically a horrible poster pretending to be a troll.

ImKobe
03-13-2014, 10:20 AM

He was given the contract, he himself was OK with waiting the season out & seeing where the Lakers land to start discussing about the new contract, there were literally reports about how they wouldn't discuss Kobe's future until later in the season, but they offered him the new contract before he even played a game after the injury, it's not his fault, plain and simple. Had he demanded the money, it would be a different story.

And how do you know if his contract is going to cripple the Lakers in the future? How many FA's are there that are actually worth signing to multi-year deals right now? Melo? Isaiah Thomas? Kyle Lowry? Greg Monroe(restricted)? Bledsoe(restricted)? Luol Deng? Gordon Hayward(restricted)?

Lakers have the space to sign Melo + multiple decent free agents + a top 5 lottery pick, I don't see how Kobe's money made that much of a difference.

Nick Young will probably stay with his player option(dirt cheap), then we have guys like Bazemore, Brooks, Farmar, who will be cheap signings. We have the space to put together a solid starting 5 and a decent bench. It's up to the FO to make the right moves & put together a good enough coaching staff to make the Lakers a good Playoff team, you can't blame Kobe because he doesn't run the Lakers, he's just a player, who was given 48.5 million guaranteed money for 2 more years of service, you have to blame the guys that are running the franchise for whatever happens in the future, it's their call. Stop blaming someone who was hired to do a job.

r15mohd
03-13-2014, 11:01 AM
with Phil in nYk...Melo isn't leaving

Lebron, Wade and Bosh are resigning with Miami

Deng and Stephenson are the only real viable FA's left...good luck LAL, it's gonna be a long couple of years!

ImKobe
03-13-2014, 11:11 AM

Deng and Stephenson are the only real viable FA's left...good luck LAL, it's gonna be a long couple of years!

Thomas & Lowry are decent PGs that would provide a lot of scoring for us & go for cheap with about 5-7 mil a year, could get Thabo for cheap, re-sign the current youngins for minimum, get a star/superstar from the draft, healthy Kobe

ideal line-up with what's out there

Lowry
Kobe
Wiggins or Parker
Marion
Hawes

This roster would be fun to watch & all the guys have quick legs to play at least average defense with the right coach, Hawes is very underrated with his 3pt shooting ability, he's not much of an anchor but the guys on the perimeter would make up for it.

Ideally, we get Wiggins & this team is so potent on offense that on most nights we simply outscore everyone, Wiggins, Lowry, Kobe on the perimeter under the right system is hard to score on, then you have Marion playing great help defense inside & Hawes making it hard to score under the basket with his size. I like the make-up of this team.

Of course the FO is so damn sure that they're getting Kevin Love & will possibly do nothing in the off-season, I'd rather put a winning team together right now & even if we're average we could still get Love at the trade deadline or S&T in the off-season.

longtime lurker
03-13-2014, 11:15 AM

If this is the case then why all the bitching about kobes contract? Its obvious if him taking a paycut wouldn't help the Lakers sign any of the above superstars as you've mentioned. Seems like a lot of posters want to talk out of both sides of their mouth.

longtime lurker
03-13-2014, 11:23 AM
Thomas & Lowry are decent PGs that would provide a lot of scoring for us & go for cheap with about 5-7 mil a year, could get Thabo for cheap, re-sign the current youngins for minimum, get a star/superstar from the draft, healthy Kobe

ideal line-up with what's out there

Lowry
Kobe
Wiggins or Parker
Marion
Hawes

This roster would be fun to watch & all the guys have quick legs to play at least average defense with the right coach, Hawes is very underrated with his 3pt shooting ability, he's not much of an anchor but the guys on the perimeter would make up for it.

Ideally, we get Wiggins & this team is so potent on offense that on most nights we simply outscore everyone, Wiggins, Lowry, Kobe on the perimeter under the right system is hard to score on, then you have Marion playing great help defense inside & Hawes making it hard to score under the basket with his size. I like the make-up of this team.

Of course the FO is so damn sure that they're getting Kevin Love & will possibly do nothing in the off-season, I'd rather put a winning team together right now & even if we're average we could still get Love at the trade deadline or S&T in the off-season.

I'd pass on Marion and Hawes. Lowry is great but its no coincidence he's healthy in a contract year. I'd rather make a hard push for Greg Monroe who Detroit seems determined not to keep. I'd keep Farmar and marshall and pray to land a top 6 prospect in the draft otherwise trade the pick along with Nash's contract for Kevin Love.

r15mohd
03-13-2014, 11:27 AM
If this is the case then why all the bitching about kobes contract? Its obvious if him taking a paycut wouldn't help the Lakers sign any of the above superstars as you've mentioned. Seems like a lot of posters want to talk out of both sides of their mouth.

look beyond fanboy-ism...it's about the overall love for the game. a stupid contract is a stupid contract, regardless if you love/hate the team.

i don't like Kobe all that much, i think he's a leech (for the lack of a better term) but he is a great player nonetheless...I would have rathered him sacrifice (for the 1st time really) to build another good LAL squad to compete for the next couple years.

ImKobe
03-13-2014, 11:32 AM
I'd pass on Marion and Hawes. Lowry is great but its no coincidence he's healthy in a contract year. I'd rather make a hard push for Greg Monroe who Detroit seems determined not to keep. I'd keep Farmar and marshall and pray to land a top 6 prospect in the draft otherwise trade the pick along with Nash's contract for Kevin Love.

Lakers are .5 games behind 4th worst record in the league, we will get a top 5 pick.

Lowry is not just healthy, but he's putting up good numbers on great efficiency, much like Dragic. He's been healthy all his career, except for his rookie season & is entering his prime, he'd be a bargain for about 7 a year.

Marion & Hawes would be solid signings, Marion, considering his age & his down year will not get that much money, so I'd take him in a heartbeat with what he's bringing on defense, Hawes is very potent on offense but we could sign a defensive big instead & spend the money on a decent 6th man.

Either way, the cap space we have for the off-season is enough to put together a Playoff team, and a good one if everything pans out. About 25 mil in space would net us 2-3 all-star caliber players + a lotto pick + re-signing our current bench guys for minimum deals, with a healthy Kobe & the right coaching staff, it would be a good enough team

longtime lurker
03-13-2014, 11:48 AM
look beyond fanboy-ism...it's about the overall love for the game. a stupid contract is a stupid contract, regardless if you love/hate the team.

i don't like Kobe all that much, i think he's a leech (for the lack of a better term) but he is a great player nonetheless...I would have rathered him sacrifice (for the 1st time really) to build another good LAL squad to compete for the next couple years.

There's very few players that love the game more than Kobe Bryant, but he's not stupid. He knows he makes the Lakers at least 3 times his salary. If he takes a paycut the Lakers could still decide to suck next year. Management has themselves to blame, they could have waited till he at least played a game to negotiate a new contract. Its easy to criticize someone else when its not your money. Lakers have room for a max contract, Kobe is just reminding them of that especially when they told him they'd go after a max free agent. As usual people twist Kobes words to suit their own agenda, I don't believe he wants to contend for a championship next season but the Lakers can definitely take steps to not be the worst team in the west. Kobe's contract is not stopping them from fielding a competitive team. And if he had taken a pay cut which superstar could they sign with the extra money?

MMM
03-13-2014, 11:51 AM
Lakers are .5 games behind 4th worst record in the league, we will get a top 5 pick.

Lowry is not just healthy, but he's putting up good numbers on great efficiency, much like Dragic. He's been healthy all his career, except for his rookie season & is entering his prime, he'd be a bargain for about 7 a year.

Marion & Hawes would be solid signings, Marion, considering his age & his down year will not get that much money, so I'd take him in a heartbeat with what he's bringing on defense, Hawes is very potent on offense but we could sign a defensive big instead & spend the money on a decent 6th man.

Either way, the cap space we have for the off-season is enough to put together a Playoff team, and a good one if everything pans out. About 25 mil in space would net us 2-3 all-star caliber players + a lotto pick + re-signing our current bench guys for minimum deals, with a healthy Kobe & the right coaching staff, it would be a good enough team

Yeah but the Lakers are also .5 out of 7th, also its not unheard of for teams in the top 5 to drop a few spots after the lotto.

As for the Lakers rebuilding efforts, wasting cap on marginal talent is going to set their franchise back. Yea they will be able to compete for a playoff spot but to contend for rings they are going to regret not being able to go after the real game changers in a few years.

ImKobe
03-13-2014, 11:56 AM
Yeah but the Lakers are also .5 out of 7th, also its not unheard of for teams in the top 5 to drop a few spots after the lotto.

As for the Lakers rebuilding efforts, wasting cap on marginal talent is going to set their franchise back. Yea they will be able to compete for a playoff spot but to contend for rings they are going to regret not being able to go after the real game changers in a few years.

Lakers don't have a pick next year, and whichever FA wants to come to LA can come here in a S&T or at the trade deadline. You can sign marginal talent on 2 year deals and still put together a Playoff team. Lakers will finish with a top 5 worst record & win the lotto.

r15mohd
03-13-2014, 11:57 AM
There's very few players that love the game more than Kobe Bryant, but he's not stupid. He knows he makes the Lakers at least 3 times his salary. If he takes a paycut the Lakers could still decide to suck next year. Management has themselves to blame, they could have waited till he at least played a game to negotiate a new contract. Its easy to criticize someone else when its not your money. Lakers have room for a max contract, Kobe is just reminding them of that especially when they told him they'd go after a max free agent. As usual people twist Kobes words to suit their own agenda, I don't believe he wants to contend for a championship next season but the Lakers can definitely take steps to not be the worst team in the west. Kobe's contract is not stopping them from fielding a competitive team. And if he had taken a pay cut which superstar could they sign with the extra money?

it was initially mgmts fault for the contract, but Kobe signed knowing fully well that he puts the Lakers at a choke-hold come time to sign valued players. now that Kobe is blaming mgmt for a non-competitive squad, it is nothing but comical because he took that money and ran with it knowing the consequences of his signing.

Kobe wants the points record first, and then a title if it's there...that's my belief. I don't even think he wants any superstar players on the wing with him, as he needs to gun for that record. more bigs to help him is my thoughts on his angle of things and role fillers alongside the perimeter.

longtime lurker
03-13-2014, 07:46 PM
it was initially mgmts fault for the contract, but Kobe signed knowing fully well that he puts the Lakers at a choke-hold come time to sign valued players. now that Kobe is blaming mgmt for a non-competitive squad, it is nothing but comical because he took that money and ran with it knowing the consequences of his signing.

Ughh how many times can you be so wrong. Kobe's new contract has zero to do with what the Lakers are doing this season. Management told him that they'd have room to sign a max contract AFTER signing him that's not putting the team in a choke hold, that's putting their own foot in their mouth. Kobe is pissed that the Lakers traded Steve Blake for literally nothing with all due respect to Bazemore and Brooks. In your previous post you said that Lakers won't sign any major free agents, then now you say Kobe's contract will keep them from signing any. This is the contradiction that I was talking about before.

Kobe wants the points record first, and then a title if it's there...that's my belief. I don't even think he wants any superstar players on the wing with him, as he needs to gun for that record. more bigs to help him is my thoughts on his angle of things and role fillers alongside the perimeter.

See this is where you just come off as silly and the hating starts to seep through. If Kobe didn't want to share the scoring load then why would he want the Lakers to get a max free agent and why would he be pushing for Melo of all people? :facepalm

YouGotServed
03-13-2014, 07:57 PM
ˇ
The contract he still is currently on netted the Lakers 2 championships & a multi-billion dollar TV deal with TWC, the following contract is 48.5, not 44 million, and cannot be evaluated right now because we have no idea what the Lakers are going to do this off-season and how good the lottery pick will be, thus it's pointless & childish to talk shit about something that's still far in the future. If Kobe returns healthy & plays at the same level he did in 2013, the contract is justified. There's no FA that could contribute like Kobe did in 2013 except for Lebron, & there's no way he'll come to LA unless the Heat flop badly in the Playoffs with Wade & Bosh looking like they done. Kobe was offered the money & was guaranteed that it would still leave enough space to put together a winning team. Kobe never demanded anything and was coming off injury, it's not his fault if the FO is too incompetent to make the right moves with about 25 million to spend in the off-season(even more if they exercise the stretch provision on Nash).

Trolls used to be creative & full of knowledge, now they can't even get the facts right & dish out whatever comes to their minds. Basically a horrible poster pretending to be a troll.

tl;dr

79M